Page 187 of 209 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189190191197 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,740 of 4171

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

It's not a Nic Fit card though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    It's just you. You either don't have creatures in your gy and it's useless or you do and you'd rather it be a reanimate/exhume/animate dead. However...it does assemble deaths shadow plus Varolz and leyline of the void plus oath of ghouls .

Edit: It does work with LED...so possibly reanimator yes.
    See my notes in the Ravnica thread. It also tutors reanimate, entomb, thoughtseize, and other undetermined black 1 mana cards.

@Echelon: I agree, this is not a Nic Fit card.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

I am thinking of building up Nic Fit. The deck seems to be lot of fun to play. I would love to build up the Enchantress/ Academy Rector variant with Living Plane. I haven`t found really much deck lists for that variant, so it doesn`t see much play. So I am not sure, if this Nic Fit variant is competive anymore, especally with the upcoming of the Trophy. For example your oppents now will have a relative easy option for dealing with a Splendor. Is and will Rector- Enchantment Nicfit still be a strong deck?

Dec 2013

Sure, b/c BGx won't be 100% of the meta.

And when facing BGx you'll just have to board in more discard.

Also, Dovescape just becomes more important.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Nov 2014
    Stockholm

This card looks like a nice one of in the Junk Nic-Fit deck.
    Deadguy ale Primer: http://articles.mtgcardmarket.com/br...n-deadguy-ale/ (Jeff did it before me)

Dec 2013

It replaces Rec. Sage without a doubt
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Jul 2011
    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Ganfar View Post

This card looks like a nice one of in the Junk Nic-Fit deck.
    Another card to toy with Recurring Nightmare for Junk clearly a better Rec Sage. As an Elves players its a shame its a Dryad creature Overall another Target for Zenith Toolbox
    TEAM MtG Berlin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjPrBqfWEGU

What do you think of this variant of nic fit played by Andrea Mengucci? I find it very interesting

Dec 2013

Slow and clunky as heck and not worth the money. If you want to splurge that much on a Legacy deck just go for anything that runs the cantrip suite and all that comes with it and you'll have a much better chance vs. most of the meta.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    It replaces Rec. Sage without a doubt
    If you're in fair Junk, I'd be even tempted to run 2 of them maindeck. Card is pretty insane upgrade over Rec Sage.

Fair Junk with Archons? Maybe I could be tempted back to it.

Slow and clunky as heck and not worth the money. If you want to splurge that much on a Legacy deck just go for anything that runs the cantrip suite and all that comes with it and you'll have a much better chance vs. most of the meta.
    Yeah seems so dependent on luck of the draw and hoping your opponent cannot disrupt your fragile combo. Watching his video within a few turns he's completely out of gas most games and relying on top deck. I wonder if Bant would be a better approach to that deck. Cantrips, FoW, and Perilous Research are probably better than discard from black given the way the deck plays. You cannot really play a control game anyway.

His deck list has way too many wincons in the deck (11 in his list) which just adds to the clunkiness. With brainstorm you can cut that number down since you won't get cards stranded in your hand. Hymn was destroying him every game which brainstorm would help with as well.

Still doubt the deck would be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Blood View Post
    Yeah seems so dependent on luck of the draw and hoping your opponent cannot disrupt your fragile combo. Watching his video within a few turns he's completely out of gas most games and relying on top deck. I wonder if Bant would be a better approach to that deck. Cantrips, FoW, and Perilous Research are probably better than discard from black given the way the deck plays. You cannot really play a control game anyway.

His deck list has way too many wincons in the deck (11 in his list) which just adds to the clunkiness. With brainstorm you can cut that number down since you won't get cards stranded in your hand. Hymn was destroying him every game which brainstorm would help with as well.

an idea would be to put the leyline of sanctity in the side by changing them with the leyline of the void, it helps a lot against hymn, thoughtsize various and burn, and against the gy put at least 3 surgical.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Blood View Post

I've played this deck and it's so much fun. I've won a couple local events with it.

I thought I posted this before but apparently didn't.

3 different Nic Fit lists made the Legacy Constructed list a week or two ago: https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...gue-2018-09-22

All three of them were either academy or arena rector builds, or a combination of the two.

Hi. Which discard you chose after therapies?
    Now I'm running 3 duress in SB. But thinking about putting something different into main. It's obviously about hymn (own)/thoughtseize(don't have).
    My pros and cons.

Hymn To Tourah:
    +makes 2for1
    +takes anything from hand
    +don't cost life
    +simply like it ;-)
    -Playable MOSTLY after therapy
    -Needs BB on turn 2

Thoughtseize :
    +takes anything
    +needs only B
    +superb when followed by therapy (playable any moment)
    -Costs life
    -1for1

And what reccursion other than witness is your choice? Reccuring nightmare/meren/volrath's stronghold/Nissa vital force -ability? Any others?

Sorry for mistakes, writing on mobile ;-)
    Last edited by Gruby; 10-05-2018 at 09:32 AM.

Dec 2013

Hymn is an option for pure BG lists. For 3 colour lists you're probably best off running Thoughtseize.

For recursion I like Meren a lot, since she's GSZ'able. In a fair list I also run a Volrath's Stronghold, in lists with Rectors (either fair or Evo Leap) I run neither.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Out of pure curiosity (I'm not running Nic Fit at the moment): I'm sure Sylvan Safekeeper has been tried in Nic Fit, how did it perform? In Turbo Depths it's an all-star at protecting Marig Lage, I imagine it would do the same for Nic Fit considering the amount of card advantage it could provide with Ramanup Excavator/Crucible (or even Loam.)
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Dec 2013

Sacrificing lands isn't CA.

It has seen play in builds with Titania as potential blowout.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Sacrificing lands isn't CA.

It has seen play in builds with Titania as potential blowout.

...card advantage it could provide with Ramanup Excavator/Crucible (or even Loam.)
    Brainstorm Realist

Dec 2013

Replaying a land in that manner isn't necessarily useful nor something I'd consider CA... I'd care very little about playing the same Forest 10 turns in a row.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Thread Information