Page 153 of 209 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163203 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,060 of 4171

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Jan 2018
    Germany/Ingolstadt

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Hey Folks,

Over the past few days, I've been working on my stack trying to incorporate the changes echelon has suggested.
    In my opinion these changes fits better in my Rector Nic Fit - Version.

+2 Tireless Tracker
    +2 Deathrite Shaman
    +1 Verdant Catacombs
    +2 Scroll Rack instead of Mirri's Guile and Sylvan Library / so that I get drawn enchantments back to the library
    +1 Toxic Deluge
    +1 Quasali Pridemage

The Rector "Splash" gives me alternative win-conditions and a better preboard MU against Show&Tell, without giving up the beatdown plan.
    Actual there are 61 cards, i can't decide which one i wanna cut.

Deck: Rector - Nic Fit

//Main
    2 Abrupt Decay
    4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Diabolic Intent
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Path to Exile
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Vindicate

//Creatures
    2 Academy Rector
    1 Atraxa, Praetors' Voice
    3 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Qasali Pridemage
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Siege Rhino
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    2 Tireless Tracker
    1 Titania, Protector of Argoth
    4 Veteran Explorer

//Lands
    2 Bayou
    1 Forest
    1 Island
    1 Karakas
    2 Marsh Flats
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Plains
    2 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    1 Swamp
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Tundra
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    2 Windswept Heath

//Enchantments & Artifacts
    1 Cruel Reality
    1 Overwhelming Splendor
    2 Pernicious Deed
    2 Scroll Rack

//Sideboard
    2 Diabolic Edict
    1 Ethersworn Canonist
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Glissa, the Traitor
    1 Krosan Grip
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Stoic Angel
    4 Surgical Extraction
    2 Thoughtseize
    1 Toxic Deluge

Deckstatistik anzeigen

@Kobra_D : thanks for your suggestions. Maybe a nice idea, but I'm afraid it could cost a little too much time? I'm gonna try this out in my non-rector List.
    But the thought of playing two toolboxes sounds tempting.

Greetings,

Mike

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

@Valkyrie
    I think you do not play enough Basic Lands, this will become problematic when you will face decks with Wasteland.
    The strongest force of NicFit is the possibility to fetch basics when your opponent cannot. Even in mid game playing an Explorer to block will help you ramp and filter your deck. During those grindy match ups you will definitely need more mana for your Beasts.
    My personal preference is 6 to 8 basics.

I know Volrath stronghold is very strong, but I will play it only with Prime Titan. Meren can do the job better in my opinion. There is nothing worse when you need colored mana, but are stuck with the Two Towers.

Atraxa do not have a board impact in your list, the proliferate ability will only work with Ooze and Tracker, because you do not play planeswalker. She/he is difficult to cast, compared to TombStalker/Zombie fish/Goyf and she/he is a bad blocker for the cards mention above. Atraxa will kill all those cards, but this is a bad trade in my opinion.

If you want to splash blue I will stick to Leovold, my personal other picks are Edric spymaster or Sagu mauler depends on your build.

From my playtest you only need 2 blue mana source an island and Trop/U-sea. I even played only an island for 1 Leo and it worked. I will remove the tundra for a basic.

I will not include 2 copies of Academy Rector, I will go for the full playset. I was working before christmas on a mix build with 4 rector and a creature package, at the moment with out success.

Let me know how Scroll rack is working for you, I am on the sylvan library mode at the moment. I will be happy to explore this card.

Why Glissa in sideboard? She is great against Eldrazi, but you do not have any artifact worth reanimate. I used to play her in BladeFit with SFM, Jitte and Batterskull.

Golgari charm and another thoughtseize will be great. I am not sure about the 4th Extraction.

My 2 cents.

Jan 2018
    Germany/Ingolstadt

Hey Matsu,

and thanks for your reply and your suggestions.
    There some interesting points that you mention here.

I included two basic lands and cutted the volhrath stronghold.
    I almost forgot that the veteran explorer not only accelerates but also filters.

Glissa is in the sideboard, cause she is great against Eldrazi and sometimes in other MU's.
    I don't care about the artifact reanimate ability. But the sideboard is not fixed yet.

The same for Atraxa, i don't care about proliferate. Of course it is nice with Tireless Tracker or Ooze on the field, but that is not the point.
    Without Atraxa there, Sigarda is the only creature left with flying, since Lingering Souls and Stoic Angel left the deck. This might be not enough. A Delver flipping in Turn 2 hits me to death, if i didn´t find an answer.

I have no intention of blocking a gurmag or tarmogoyf with Atraxa, if it is not absolutely necessary.
    With Vigilance I can attack every round for 4 damage and get 4 lives for it. If it is necessary to block, i am trading 1vs1, getting 4 lives.
    With 3 DRS, 1 Tundra, 1 Tropical and 1 Island it is easy to hardacst her. Otherwise i can bring it to the top with scroll rack. In most cases, I would like to bring them into play via GSZ anyway.

For my sideboard i could split for 3 Thoughtseize and 3 Surgical Extraction.
    I already had golgari charm in the sideboard, should really belong there again. How I said, the sideboard is not fixed yet.

Thank you for your food for thought.
    Now i have to go brewing for a while.

Greetings

Mike

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

@Matsu: Atraxa's Proliferate and Glissa's artifact recurring ability are just flavor text . You just care about the other stuff.

I've run Atraxa before, but my main problems are her dying to Fatal Push and folding to Karakas. I've had that come up too often to want her over, say, Siege Rhino. That's why I'd rather cut Atraxa in Valkyrie's list than the other angel - you don't have to care about Karakas.

As for the list, I'm not a fan of mixing the Rector plan with the regular plan. You just end up with a worse version of both. The best middle ground would probably be a Rector list with a MD Sigarda, in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Jan 2018
    Germany/Ingolstadt

Hi Echelon,

and thanks again for replying!

Any creature costing equal or less than 4cc (as Rhino for example) will die from a Fatal Push, which is not an exclusion criterion for me.
    On the other hand, I can protect the atraxa from removal with my own karakas.

I decided to test the variant without the academy rector, but with an Atraxa.

In Detail:

- 2 Academy Rector
    - 1 Overwhelming Splendor
    - 1 Cruel Reality
    - 2 Scroll Rack

+ 2 Thoughtseize
    + 1 Pernicious Deed
    + 1 Nissa, Vital Force
    + 1 Tireless Tracker

And some slightly change in the sideboard, adding Golgari Charm and Rest in Peace.

Greetings,

Mike

Dec 2013

Karakas as a non-tutorable 1-of is rather unreliable, especially in the face of opposing Wastelands (which is usually a given) and considering you want to pair it with another specific 1-of
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Jan 2018
    Germany/Ingolstadt

Nooo, i don't want to pair it with another specific 1-of.
    But by chance both cards can be on the field, usually for my opponents Karaks also is a 1-of.
    Without the rector Enchantments, Karkas is nearly my only preboard answer to Show&Tell.
    But maybe my opinion changes by playing some test games.

Dec 2013

D&T runs up to 3, Maverick/Lands can tutor for it.

Besides, how is what other decks do relevant for how your deck performs? Other decks running arbitrary numbers of Karakas doesn't make your deck less inconsistent.

Vs. S&T you lose G1, that's a given, even if you hit your 1-off Karakas. They can just build up a hand that beats that.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Any creature costing equal or less than 4cc (as Rhino for example) will die from a Fatal Push, which is not an exclusion criterion for me.
    On the other hand, I can protect the atraxa from removal with my own karakas...
    If you are scared of fatal push you can try thrun or chameleon collosus ;)

Gesendet von meinem SM-J320F mit Tapatalk

Dec 2013

Thrun is too small to make an impact. You'll need a SFM package to make that work.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Jan 2018
    Germany/Ingolstadt

Ok, you convinced me.

I think it is time to play some test matches now.

@p.faul : I am not that afraid of Fatal Push, I just wanted to say that this is not an exclusion for me.
    Thrun and Chameleon are nice beaters, but i don't have any space for them.

Dec 2013

Understand though - I like Karakas, I'm all for it, and I want to like Atraxa, badly. I've just had Atraxa backfire on me so many times.

So yes to Karakas, no to Atraxa .

Good luck man!
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Making more updates to flash.

Land 22
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Misty Rainforest
    2 Bayou
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Underground Sea
    3 Forest
    2 Island
    1 Swamp
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Karakas

Creatures 19
    4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
    2 Baleful Strix
    1 Scryb Ranger
    1 Eternal Witness
    3 Tireless Tracker
    1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Pack Guardian
    1 Cloudthresher
    1 Elder Deep-Fiend

Spells 20
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Crop Rotation
    1 Collective Brutality
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Pernicious Deed
    1 Sword of Feast and Famine
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Search for Azcanta
    2 Diabolic Edict

Got it down to 61 and worked in Scryb Ranger for a lower mana flash option. It also functions as some more mana acceleration.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Thrun is too small to make an impact. You'll need a SFM package to make that work.
    Thrun is ok, but not great. As a 4/4 it's power is one too low to beat the big things, and at 4 toughness it's too small to survive the big things. So you end up regenerating a lot, or just blocking.

D&T runs up to 3, Maverick/Lands can tutor for it.

Besides, how is what other decks do relevant for how your deck performs? Other decks running arbitrary numbers of Karakas doesn't make your deck less inconsistent.

Vs. S&T you lose G1, that's a given, even if you hit your 1-off Karakas. They can just build up a hand that beats that.
    Karakas really needs Crop Rotation backing it, so that you can put the Karakas out at instant speed to beat something. That makes it harder to beat.

I wish I could read
    Apr 2012
    Flur-ida, Murika

thrun in jund with Kessig Wolf Run and Xenagod?
    dream world, i know.
    sfm with thrun is definitely correct along with no deeds and lingering souls to make a larger frankenstein maverick/deadguy ale
    MTGO: Ricardio

Nic Fit: legacy's magical EDH deck

I came here to party and resolve prime time triggers.

"Well, I ain't calling you a truther." -Josh

IMGUR:http://ricardio69.imgur.com/all/

Dec 2013

Also works. Glad to see you're still here. Join the Discord, dammit
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Aug 2014
    Central New York

What does red splash run as finishers? Price, Regis, and Tyrant?

Dec 2013

Just the latter 2
    DAMMIT ECHELON

One more change to flash. 4 cuts, 4 Brainstorms added. Goldfishing felt interaction light, so I'm going to cut interaction and add Brainstorm. This also helps the flash side of things. Removed Collective Brutality, Tireless Tracker, Pernicious Deed, and Phyrexian Tower.

Land 21
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Misty Rainforest
    2 Bayou
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Underground Sea
    3 Forest
    2 Island
    1 Swamp
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    1 Karakas

Creatures 18
    4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
    2 Baleful Strix
    1 Scryb Ranger
    1 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Tireless Tracker
    1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Pack Guardian
    1 Cloudthresher
    1 Elder Deep-Fiend

Spells 22
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Crop Rotation
    1 Vona's Hunger
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Search for Azcanta
    2 Diabolic Edict
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    4 Brainstorm

Edit: Don't want to spam another post on this. One more change, SoFaF to Umezawa's Jitte.

I also feel like either Jace or Eternal Witness should be a Snapcaster Mage. If Jace is the cut, I lose a t2 dig card but gain a strict upgrade for flashback. If Eternal Witness is the cut I lose a GSZ line we almost all include by default normally, but cut a mana and gain better timing. In practice I find I only GSZ for Witness when getting removal anyways, so with the mana cut it's basically better to Snapcaster here.

Edit 2: New card Vona's Hunger in over Toxic Deluge because it's instant.

Edit 3: Snapcaster Mage over Eternal Witness. With this change, the instant speed count moves up to 24 which is the same number that Pile has, to give some indication of the decks tempo (it's just bigger cards... but we have ramp for that). That's the goal I was trying to get to, so I think I'll be taking this through a league to report back, once I figure out a sideboard.
    Last edited by Brael; 01-21-2018 at 02:54 PM.

Aug 2014
    Central New York

My fiance encouraged me to take advantage of a free Saturday. For those unaware, I really don't play magic too often (we're talking a handful of days a year I'll actually play competitively). Both DnT and Maverick felt like poor choices heading into Mythic -- leaving me with Nic Fit.

This past week I touched base with Kev, joined the Discord, and had a vision of what I wanted: GBwr. Unfortunately this plan was shelved in favor of straight Junk because Mythic didn't have the new dinosaurs in stock. Not the biggest bummer in the world. Major shout out to Kev for helping construct the below list 40 minutes before the event. He filled me in on what's trending/working. We had a friendly debate over some finishing touches (I'll speak to this later). I also threw caution into the wind with my SB, favoring fun wtf stuff that's worked well for me in the past > trendy "let's squeeze the potential out of every slot for your list".

4 Windswept
    3 Verdant
    1 Foothills
    2 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    1 Karakas
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    3 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Plains
    /22

4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Path to Exile
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Pernicious Deed
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Painful Truths
    2 Nissa, Vital Force
    /21

4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Deathrite
    1 Sakura
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    2 Tireless Tracker
    3 Siege Rhino
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    1 Dragonlord Dromoka
    /18

SB
    3 Natural Order
    1 Progenitus
    1 Ruric Thar, the Unbowed
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    2 Council's Judgment
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Abrupt Decay
    1 Toxic Deluge
    /15

Overall I went 2-3-1. I was happy with how the deck performed and had a great time. Notes by round.
    R1: Zane / UWr stoneforge-TNN aggro (not Miracles). Tie
    *probably the most pimp deck all day. foils, miscuts, and cards hand-altered into other languages. He was a fantastic player. 30 minute G1 loss. I roared back to a victory G2 by being the more grindy/resilient deck. I remember blowing up 2 equipments in the second game en route to winning.

R2: Kev / Nic Fit (Jund-Scapewish). Win
    *Definitely the most relaxing match of the day. We laughed as we sat down (being that Kev knew all 76 of my cards). He offered some suggestions as we played to help me better understand more subtle interactions. Unfortunately, this entire round was a blowout. Game 1 steamrolled: ramping and playing 5 drops while Kev was stuck on 2 lands (no green). Game 2 I ensured a victory through a topdeck Natural Order. He will probably write the play-by-play. I had a very hard decision early game 2 that we both agreed I probably made the right call on. Rhino overpowered Regis.

R3. Logan? / Storm. Loss
    *He fizzled game 1. Then I think I misplayed game 2 (where I should have extracted him immediately rather than let him take the card turn 2 with duress). Game 3 I thoughtseize but he had the nuts and went off immediately after anyway. My biggest pet peeve of the day was how long this guy took to play. I used to be a more methodical player but have improved my speed over the years. If you're playing storm it is not fun for your opponent to sit for 10-15 minutes watching you talk to yourself as you combo. The fact that this game had minimal interaction gave me the harsh reminder of why I'm falling out of love with Magic. I'm not salty over losing. I cannot stand my time literally being wasted by someone who demonstrates not really understanding their deck, humblebragging about how much time they practice, and luck-sacking their way into a turn 2 win.

R4. James / Lands. Win.
    *James is another friend I've known for a while. Really great to catch up with him. I figured this was an auto-loss but I win both games by a considerable margin. Game 1 he goes land, Mox D, gamble, drops Manabond, dumps the remainder of his hand on the table. Shit. I actually manage to assemble something while James prays to the topdeck gods. The game becomes a race to deal damage with anything before he can assemble the token. By the time he does, I have PTE waiting. I end the game by swinging out, dropping him to 2 and then Zenithing for Rhino for lethal. Game 2 I luckily have a ton of basics or fetches in hand. Triple Vet beatdown for a while. DRS/Scooze eat some key cards before dying to the enchantment that reads "discard a land: shock". Tracker and Vets close out the game. A critical junction was me sandbagging PTE for his marit token blocker. During the round I called the judge on James. I still feel bad for doing so but I did not want him to shortcut "I DD-Stage combo for a 20/20". I wanted to verify the steps were being taken correctly.

R5. Mike / Czech Pile
    *That feeling where he's always ahead when he's on the play. Game 1 he's on the play and essentially I lose by being a turn behind (his cabals before mine, his delvers before I have removal, etc). Game 2 I completely blow him out. I had 5 mana to his 2 early. He didn't fully understand Nic Fit, which also helped. Game 3 my hand is respectable. I'm on the play and blind-Cabal Therapy brainstorm (debated about ponder). He has the ponder, no Bstorm. Strong hand. I draw complete garbage for several turns -- hitting 3 lands and 4 therapies within the first few turns. I cannot find additional lands as he plays full greed and is rewarded every time. My therapies do minimal as he's got 2 flipped delvers. This one felt bad.

R6. ??? / Demon-Emrakul Sneak-Show
    *Top 8 impossible at this point. I lose both games rather quickly. I played things technically correct. Second game I had to mull to 4. The luck ran out.

Reflection and Discussion. I have some fundamental disagreements with Kev, but that's great for a talk here or on the Discord.

1. The sum of Nic Fit never exceeds the value of its individual pieces. Let that sink in. We're playing a collection of solid, underrepresented cards. Unfortunately, you're never going to feel as smooth as delver or as intricate as Maverick or DnT.
    2. Hexproof is very underrated
    3. I debate cutting Sakura like a college girl debates dumping her dependable but not-so-sexy boyfriend. 4 Vet, 2 DRS, 1 Nissa is solid enough. STE may be overkill.
    4. Run 1x Carnage Tyrant. He's the best finisher we can play.
    5. Run 2x Sylvan Library. Kev was correct.
    6. Run 3x Tracker. Overperformed all day. Wish I had 3.
    7. Run 2x Nissa, Vital Force. Incredible.
    8. Run 2x Choke, 1x Teeg in every real sideboard
    9. I'm at a cross-roads with white.

While Rhino was good, and even won me some games, I could replace him. My gut tells me to move into red. Regis, Price of Progress, and some SB cards can really help me out. Unfortunately, I cannot replace what white offers in Path/Swords/Council's Judgment.

Revised Core
    4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Deathrite
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    3 Tireless Tracker
    1 Carnage Tyrant
    4 FLEX (splash dependent)

4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Cabal Therapy