Page 175 of 209 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,500 of 4171

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

How is a 1 mana 2-for-1 a bad deal..? WTF
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    How is a 1 mana 2-for-1 a bad deal..? WTF
    It was not a bad deal. It was unexpected :)

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    It was not a bad deal. It was unexpected :)
    Alrighty! We agree then!
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

And Dryad Arbor (and Qasali) is great when playing Meren. Mostly for gaining first counters.

I've moved to Scryb Ranger over Meren. It has a similar interaction with Arbor, and it functions as an 11th piece (after gsz/arbor, vet, and drs) of mana acceleration in land light hands. It's got some interesting interactions with other cards too such as untapping blockers, dealing with things like flipped Delvers, and speeding up a DRS clock.
    Last edited by Brael; 06-30-2018 at 01:02 AM.

I'd rather go for Wood Elves, they can grab forest-dual which goes into play.

Wood Elves only works if you already had mana acceleration to get to 3 mana on turn 2, and does nothing if drawn later in the game. The alternative to Scryb Ranger isn't Wood Elves, it's Sakura Tribe-Elder.
    Last edited by Brael; 06-30-2018 at 01:02 AM.

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Brael, I think you are talking about scryb ranger and not sylvan ranger, based on the effects you mention such as untapping blockers.

Oh whoops, you're right, had the name wrong. I'll go back and edit my posts to make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Wood Elves only works if you already had mana acceleration to get to 3 mana on turn 2, and does nothing if drawn later in the game. The alternative to Scryb Ranger isn't Wood Elves, it's Sakura Tribe-Elder.
    Usually I don't keep hands without any way of ramp or DRS, unless they're "hate hands" in match 2-3. But that's one of many own playstyles of this deck ;)

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Gruby View Post
    Usually I don't keep hands without any way of ramp or DRS, unless they're "hate hands" in match 2-3. But that's one of many own playstyles of this deck ;)
    I view it very similar. Playing "fair" on a curve isn't really good enough for legacy; I feel like I need therapy/tower + explorer, gsz, or library in my opening hand g1. Too many of our top decks require big mana so those cards in some number are needed to keep up with the format.

@Brael

Scryb Ranger is an interesting choice, it does tons of work in maverick. Flying is relevant, holds equips really well. I would want sfm as well. At that point, maverick? Untapping knight is one of its most important uses. I feel like the blow-stuff-up-only-to-get-it-back angle is more nic fits style, like GSZ into witness, meren, or Liliana tlh.

So I have to ask, what does it offer specifically to nic fit? You touched on it with the da interaction, but for me that isn't enough.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Quote Originally Posted by Gruby View Post
    Same, my primary criteria for any hand is 3 mana on turn 2, and I mulligan very heavily to get that. But, I do accept the Ranger as a final card to try and make it happen because of my strategy to often sideboard vets out. Some use STE instead as a final ramp card which has value too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    So I have to ask, what does it offer specifically to nic fit? You touched on it with the da interaction, but for me that isn't enough.
    It's a very fast clock with DRS, it's great ramp with either Arbor or DRS. It's got a solid interaction with anything that can profitably block like Thragtusk or Chameleon Colossus. There's a few other good cards it works with, but they're not coming to mind right now. The biggest interaction is with DRS honestly as DRS+Ranger is a 3 turn clock that gets past just about everything. In fact, if you're on limited mana (say 4 at the most), you can Ranger/DRS build while building your board, and still have a turn 5 kill. It's the fastest non combo win available to the archetype.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    It's a very fast clock with DRS, it's great ramp with either Arbor or DRS. It's got a solid interaction with anything that can profitably block like Thragtusk or Chameleon Colossus. There's a few other good cards it works with, but they're not coming to mind right now. The biggest interaction is with DRS honestly as DRS+Ranger is a 3 turn clock that gets past just about everything. In fact, if you're on limited mana (say 4 at the most), you can Ranger/DRS build while building your board, and still have a turn 5 kill. It's the fastest non combo win available to the archetype.
    Gotcha, it combos with drs for faster click or mana. Seems really good, now that you described it. I might have to squeeze it in.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

DRS gone.

Many decks are cut off from acceleration.

Our chance?
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Yep. Just wanted to post it.

https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...ate-2018-07-02

Now two ways... replace him or.. put something totally different. 1of classical BoP?

Does Nyx Fit get a lot better now?

Academy Rector was rough to play with so many DRS's around so it seems Nyx Fit would be a great choice moving forward.

The only issue is I think Reanimator decks get a lot stronger now which was always hard for Nyx Fit to beat, so not sure how that is going to work.

Quote Originally Posted by delfam View Post
    Does Nyx Fit get a lot better now?

Academy Rector was rough to play with so many DRS's around so it seems Nyx Fit would be a great choice moving forward.

The only issue is I think Reanimator decks get a lot stronger now which was always hard for Nyx Fit to beat, so not sure how that is going to work.
    Maindeck Leyline of the Voids I guess?

Mind you, more graveyard hate is also ouch versus Nyx Fit since that just stops the Academy Rector trigger.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

So, just for starters:

-3 Drs
    +2 birds
    +1 jitte

Birds do the mana, jitte does the threat part of drs.
    Brainstorm Realist

Birds are in no way comparable... I'm thinking about Lotus Cobra.

Thread Information