Page 200 of 208 FirstFirst ... 100150190196197198199200201202203204 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 4155

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

So, Wa6 is banned. How do we think this is going to shape up?

I think that we become a bit more well positioned if the meta moves back towards post-DRS ban. Since Wa6 is promoting more WL locks, people will move away from running more basics, and get more greedy, and then searching for basics for us is more profitable. Looking forward to this :)

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    So, Wa6 is banned. How do we think this is going to shape up?

I think that we become a bit more well positioned if the meta moves back towards post-DRS ban. Since Wa6 is promoting more WL locks, people will move away from running more basics, and get more greedy, and then searching for basics for us is more profitable. Looking forward to this :)

-Matt
    I mean this is a nice thought and all but the top-dog of the previous format was already a deck playing 0 basics. If anything I think the situation for Nicfit gets worse because various control decks (with basics) become much more viable archetypes. I don't think a wrenn ban means everybody is going to suddenly switch to no-basic stryfo-esque 4c decks

Is there no SnowFit varient that could be pursued? Having another 1-drop that gives early card advantage, filters mana and opens up some other card choices may be advantageous here.

Edit: Neoform has been mentioned and would be on color with Ice fang coatl, tying into the snow theme...?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Has anyone done any testing with Once Upon A Time? Helps you find vets and phyrexian towers etc.
    Junk and Stoned Rhinos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jain_Mor View Post
    Has anyone done any testing with Once Upon A Time? Helps you find vets and phyrexian towers etc.
    I've been playing it using a 3/2 split with GSZ/OUAT. It's been pretty solid.

Apr 2017
    New England Seacoast

This deck is super fun! When it got posted on the 5-0 dump I played it on MTGO. I have 2 4-1s 2 3-2s and a bunch of 2-3s. Haven't tried it since the b&r update but I did make some changes that made sense to me.
    PS - I have a 100% winrate against storm...

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    Is there no SnowFit varient that could be pursued? Having another 1-drop that gives early card advantage, filters mana and opens up some other card choices may be advantageous here.

Edit: Neoform has been mentioned and would be on color with Ice fang coatl, tying into the snow theme...?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    And surprisingly no Rector lists abusing Once Upon a Time yet (helps find Phyrexian Tower, Rector or Vet on turn 0 for free, a great way to ensure turn 1 Vet, turn 2/3 Rector). OuaT could easily replace or supplement Living Wish in Rector Fit builds. They could run a full playset of both Rectors maindeck and free up a bunch of sidebord slots (for Veil of Summer) if they replace Wish.

I almost feel like Once was literally printed with Rector Fit and Maverick in mind.

And it seems strange that there are no snow Neoform builds of Nic Fit.

Innovation in legacy seems to have slowed to a crawl.

Blue adds...
    Brainstorm - Great with all the shuffle effects the deck already plays
    Neoform - Cheats out huge dudes fast, another way to kill Explorer
    Ice Fang - Syngerizes with Neoform/Natural Order if we want to go that route
    Oko/Jace - Amazing value walkers
    Force of Will - Gives the deck a better win rate vs combo, works with all the blue cards I just listed

Here is what I propose as an improved Rector Fit list...

LANDS
    2 Bayou
    1 Cavern of Souls
    1 Ancient Tomb
    3 Forest
    3 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Plains
    1 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    2 Swamp
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath

CREATURES
    4 Veteran Explorer
    4 Academy Rector
    4 Arena Rector

INSTANTS and SORCERIES
    4 Once Upon a Time
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Collective Brutality
    2 Eureka

OTHER SPELLS
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Evolutionary Leap
    1 Cruel Reality
    1 Curse of Death's Hold
    1 Curse of Misfortunes
    1 Nicol Bolas, Planeswalker
    1 Omniscience
    1 Overwhelming Splendor
    1 Sandwurm Convergence
    2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon

SIDEBOARD
    4 Veil of Summer

I am wondering what to cut to make room for a Birds of Paradise maindeck. It helps ensure that we dont whiff and also accelerates us and let us make big turn 2 plays.

Birds/Hierarch has been infinitely improved by the banning of W6.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Here is what I propose as an improved Rector Fit list...
    Really would suggest at least something to lock against Storm or other non-creature combo in game 1. I don't like having to rely on constant supply of discard. 3 cmc "can't lose" Gideon and/or Dovescape would be what I'd suggest. Dovescape plays much better with 3-4 GSZ or another Evo Leap but it's still incredibly strong. Cut down on Ugin and Misfortunes and Omni is what I'd suggest.

Take my opinions with bit of salt, I never bothered with the Eureka lists. But I did a lot of Academy Rector. You've got to set hope on only a single Rector hit to do the job. IMO going for Omni so that you can cast walkers in hand is just redundant when you could either grab Splendor or Dovescape or Cruel Reality and win on the spot (or nearly). And Omni is redundant with Eureka - you've got to answer whatever they immediately dump on the table, and you can't just drop Omni and hope to draw into an answer. But balancing both walker and enchantment game-winners is a pretty delicate job.

But Veil is busted. Not sure what to cut but it could be a mb consideration.

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    Really would suggest at least something to lock against Storm or other non-creature combo in game 1. I don't like having to rely on constant supply of discard. 3 cmc "can't lose" Gideon and/or Dovescape would be what I'd suggest. Dovescape plays much better with 3-4 GSZ or another Evo Leap but it's still incredibly strong. Cut down on Ugin and Misfortunes and Omni is what I'd suggest.

Take my opinions with bit of salt, I never bothered with the Eureka lists. But I did a lot of Academy Rector. You've got to set hope on only a single Rector hit to do the job. IMO going for Omni so that you can cast walkers in hand is just redundant when you could either grab Splendor or Dovescape or Cruel Reality and win on the spot (or nearly). And Omni is redundant with Eureka - you've got to answer whatever they immediately dump on the table, and you can't just drop Omni and hope to draw into an answer. But balancing both walker and enchantment game-winners is a pretty delicate job.

But Veil is busted. Not sure what to cut but it could be a mb consideration.
    Thank you for the suggestions. Dovescape seems solid. Some questions...

If I cut Curse of Misfortunes, shouldnt I also cut Curse of Death's Hold? Hold seems pointless if you're not Misfortuning it out after Splendor. Actually the entire Curse package (except for Splendor) seems crappy without Misfortune.

Do you like the idea of replacing Living Wish with Once Upon a Time?

Also, how does Oko interact with Rector, if Rector is made into an Elk, does Rector still trigger when it dies/hits the yard?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    Thank you for the suggestions. Dovescape seems solid. Some questions...

If I cut Curse of Misfortunes, shouldnt I also cut Curse of Death's Hold? Hold seems pointless if you're not Misfortuning it out after Splendor. Actually the entire Curse package (except for Splendor) seems crappy without Misfortune.

Do you like the idea of replacing Living Wish with Once Upon a Time?

Also, how does Oko interact with Rector, if Rector is made into an Elk, does Rector still trigger when it dies/hits the yard?
    Curse of Death's Hold is kinda up in the air after Splendor came out. I think with Plague Engineer in so many lists, people are steering away from lists that have too many X/1's.

I'd probably anticipate Wish and Once Upon a Time to be fairly similar...Once is smoother, especially in opening hand, but also simply casting at end step.

An Elk-Rector doesn't have any abilities to be triggered on death, they are wiped out. Would treat an onboard Oko as one of those situations where you don't want to play out a Rector without having Therapy in yard/castable in hand, Tower in play, or Brutality/Leap, etc. Treat it as active sorcery removal. Ugin should clean up both Elks and Oko pretty well though, since Elks are colored.

Thank you!

Yeah decided to cut both Misfortunes and Death’s Hold for a Dovescape and a Eureka. Want to cut Omni too like you suggested but not sure what to replace it with. Needs to be a big game winning enchantment/planeswalker that I wouldnt mind Eurekaing out. Maybe Karn Liberated as a way to exile problem colorless permanents.

So happy Once Upon a Time got banned in Pioneer (and Standard). Its price should plummet now making it much easier for Nic Fit and Maverick and Infect players to adopt the card into their lists.

Ensuring turn 1 Explorer/Hierarch is a huge upside.

Top 4’ed a Legacy 2K in Upstate NY with BUG Oko-Fit. (41 Players.)

Report to follow.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    Top 4’ed a Legacy 2K in Upstate NY with BUG Oko-Fit. (41 Players.)

Report to follow.
    Would be nice to have your Bayous so I could play this deck too ;) #saltynotsalty

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

this list looks really fun. what are your thoughts on 1 of questing beast?
    -rob

I cut it a few tournaments back. I just didn't like it, mainly because of Oko and Jace. Oko ticks up to six, and Jace to five, so although it can bash, the added clause in Legacy of (potentially) waxing a planeswalker in addition to damage - while nice - doesn't sell me on it in the 75 (or 76, in my case). I tried it and it didn't impress me too much, just a little. There were just other slots I wanted to fill to round out the deck.

It's probably somewhere in the 77-80 card range, though.

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Arasta of the Endless Web tickled my fancy a bit today. Yes, removal, but interesting card nonetheless.

-Matt

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

No action on this thread?

Is there more action elsewhere?

I just wanted to get back on building Junk Fit for upcoming tournaments :)

-Matt

Thread Information