Page 174 of 208 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 3,461 to 3,480 of 4155

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

@Matsu: You do know that deck runs their own Blood Moons, right..?
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Why would I play Blood Moon in a Veteran Explorer deck? It seems absolutely fucking terrible (corner cases like Lands/Turbo Depths aside.)The cards I mostly want to splash red for are Kolaghans Command (deals with equipment, gets creatures back) and Punishing Fire (recurring removal engine). Then you have some great sideboard options like Pyroblast, and it even opens up Burning Wish as an engine (it's been done.)

I was just curious if anyone had tried 4-color and whether the added instability in the mana-base was worth the power/flexibility.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

For anyone looking for a spicy Jund-y version, I was reminded of this list from a while ago:
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...titania-legacy

I would problem move some of the weaker mana creatures out for a lot more disruption, back the back bones seem like fun to build off of. It is also super obvious having been in the miracles domain, as it has top, 3 abrupt decays, caustic caterpillar, ert. Fortunately, that makes it easy to find cuts for cabal therapy, K command, 4th GSZ.

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    @Matsu: You do know that deck runs their own Blood Moons, right..?
    Yeah, I know that. It can easily screw most of the deck in the format. Great in a Jund NicFit build.

@Mr. Safety, according to your list you play 4 mass removal (3x Deed+ 1x Deluge) If your meta is predominately Elves/D&T/Goblins/Y-Pyro just play Golgari charm/Engineered plague/massacre on the side. My meta mostly consist of Grixis Delver/D&T/Blade/Elves. There are not many real combo decks. I always have Plague, Golgari charm and Deed on the side. I played Massacre for some time (one D&T player moved away and an elf player was experimenting with a white splash)
    In the main I have 2x deed and 1x deluge to have a cheap answer in the first game.

Some people play Lingering souls which is great, then you can add Sorin, LoD and have on the side 2x zealous persecution. A friend of mine use this in his blade deck, to have a big swing from time to time and protect his TNN.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Thanks, I came to the same conclusion. It's a case of 'I have these cool cards I want to play, but they don't fit into my primary legacy deck.'
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Has anybody experimented with Umezawa's Jitte in Nic Fit? With such a creature-centric strategy it seems like it would do what I want Punishing Fire to do: recurring removal for small creatures. I don't want to commit to Stoneforge Mystic, just squeeze in a Jitte maybe in the sideboard.

I've been testing this on Magic Workstation, with gradually better and better results. This deck really rewards experience and time investment. I played against an older Shardless BUG variant yesterday, lost g1, won games 2-3 with Meren perpetually bringing back Siege Rhinos. What has been folks experience with similar decks (Czech Pile/BUG Control)?

One thing I've noticed is that drawing Dryad Arbor in the opening hand is terrible, lol. If I'm flooded I have used it for Therapy fodder, but that doesn't feel good either by sacrificing a land drop.
    Brainstorm Realist

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    Has anybody experimented with Umezawa's Jitte in Nic Fit? With such a creature-centric strategy it seems like it would do what I want Punishing Fire to do: recurring removal for small creatures. I don't want to commit to Stoneforge Mystic, just squeeze in a Jitte maybe in the sideboard.

I've been testing this on Magic Workstation, with gradually better and better results. This deck really rewards experience and time investment. I played against an older Shardless BUG variant yesterday, lost g1, won games 2-3 with Meren perpetually bringing back Siege Rhinos. What has been folks experience with similar decks (Czech Pile/BUG Control)?

One thing I've noticed is that drawing Dryad Arbor in the opening hand is terrible, lol. If I'm flooded I have used it for Therapy fodder, but that doesn't feel good either by sacrificing a land drop.
    I did some experiment with weapons. It was a little bit clunky, but could be extremely explosive and very fun to play.
    I played a package of (It was before tracker and Nissa, Vital force and SDT was legal)
    3 SFM
    2 Baterskull
    1 Jitte
    1 Glissa
    1 Sorin LoD
    1 Flip Garruk
    2 Lingering souls
    1 Enlightened Tutor

I removed from the deck Thragtusk + Sigarda in favor of 2x 8 mana 4/4 vigilance. Instead of tracker, I played Glissa.

Main concept was to play therapy-> SFM, the most explosive games were therapy->Explorer->SFM in turn 2

The main problems with the deck were deeds, I had to play one copy with two deluge and a third on the side, the most flexible card was Enlightened tutor turn 1 into SDT/Sylvan library, deeds, jitte. Great card. Siege Rhino into B.Skull was very good. One of the issue, still to small for Zombie fish
    If i will build it today I will remove SFM and play 2 copy of E.Tutor. Probably will keep the rest of the deck similar. Maybe trim on Bskull. I will go back to two deeds. Any token/creature producing engine is amazing. Forcing your opponent to waste a spell for an equipped token priceless.

Concerning Dryad Arbor. This card was great with SDT, at the moment it is a dead draw and i prefer to keep GSZ for explorer. That is my opinion i changed DA to Treetop Village, kill Jace and 2 DMG to the face trampling over TNN.

Dec 2013

What bad MU do you aim to improve with it..?
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

What bad MU do you aim to improve with it..?
    Elves mostly, but it's just a really good card. The card I was looking to replace was Nissa, Vital Force. It is a fantastic card, and one that can really be good when behind, but it's awkward in my opening hand and can't be GSZ-ed for. Jitte on the other hand could easily be played in the early/mid turns without slowing me down. The other thing I was looking to do was possibly cut 1x Deathrite Shaman (still play 2.) I've seen plenty of versions only playing 2x DRS, so this could be a place to squeeze it in. I'm not sure it's smart, but I think it's one angle to get the Jitte in.

I don't think it's a sideboard card, the more I think about it. Mass effects like Golgari Charm/Zealous Persecution/Toxic Deluge seem much better.
    Brainstorm Realist

Dec 2013

Well, there you have it.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Well, there you have it.
    Lol, did I just answer my own question?
    Brainstorm Realist

Dec 2013

Lol, did I just answer my own question?
    Yup. Why run Jitte when you have access to more efficient answers to that particular MU.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

I've used Jitte before, obviously it's a staple in the SFM builds. Jitte is fine. I treat it as one of my removal slots.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    Concerning Dryad Arbor. This card was great with SDT, at the moment it is a dead draw and i prefer to keep GSZ for explorer. That is my opinion i changed DA to Treetop Village, kill Jace and 2 DMG to the face trampling over TNN.
    The counter argument to Arbor is that it significantly increases your 3+ mana on T2 openings.

That effectively removes 4 of your turn 1 plays (gsz for DA). Treetop Village gets 2 damage through a tnn exactly once, and loses you tempo rather than gain you tempo.

I'll be curious to see how this swap effects the game-play over the long-term.

I mean, at the very least, if that's what your logic is, why not consider G/W man-land? It costs 1 more to activate but lives, doesn't trample but probably makes them think twice before turning tnn sideways. It's also a Delver blocker that doesn't die to a bolt and etc.

Edit: Stirring Wildwood.
    Last edited by Secretly.A.Bee; 06-27-2018 at 09:56 AM.

Ive tried Treetop before, it didn't work all that well. I killed a Jace with it and Crop Rotation a couple of times, but that was it.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    The counter argument to Arbor is that it significantly increases your 3+ mana on T2 openings.
    I really think this is the main argument. With Deathrite/GSZ there are 7 t1 accelerants that will most often give you 3 mana t2. Explorer + sac outlet will actually net you more than that, so there is 11 ways to accelerate in the deck. It really makes the high-mana-cost/high value plan happen. I don't think its insignificant that it can be tutored at instant speed with fetchlands; it can ruin combat math, add a couple of damage over a couple turns, allow for Therapy shenanigans (with only a Therapy + fetch.) Overall, I think DA is definitely the superior choice over Treetop. If I was committed to a Knight of the Reliquary sub-strategy I think an argument for Treetop could be made, but at that point isn't Depths/Stage the real deal?
    Brainstorm Realist

Arbor is always controversial. Against heavy removal decks like Pile it's a liability, because you're essentially handing the opponent a high value removal target. I'm a fan of it though because I've found that the best way to win a game with this deck is to get a board presence and maintain board superiority. We don't come back from behind well. The best way to get ahead and stay ahead is a well developed manabase, and Dryad Arbor acceleration is critical in making that happen.

Dec 2013

In the worst case scenario you use it as a lightning rod for Wasteland/spotremoval so they don't have it for something that actually matters to you.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

You are all right. It is great card to ramp, but in my meta my DA always catch a Bolt or wasteland as soon it land on the board.
    The most extreme situation was when an inexperience player who just bought into legacy FoW my turn one bayou + GSZ. I was shocked.

Treetop just work great for me.

Thread Information