Page 178 of 209 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 4171

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    A big, resounding "No".
    I don't think this card is a terrible suggestion.
    I agree it's not necessarily a DRS 'replacement' (not being able to add mana) but it's a deceptively powerful card in its own right, I can see it being even stronger if you are stacking your deck with Guile/Sylvan.
    A significant drawback though is that a lot of the utility in this card comes from the graveyard-hate aspect of it, therefore it overlaps with Scavenging Ooze a lot, you probably don't want both, and Deadeye is not GSZ-able...

Hello everyone!
    Long time no see:)
    After DRS ban i wanna get back to nicfit again. I believe it can be great in the meta to come if we can find an answer to Reanimator:) I really like the thought of Crop rotation.

So this are my thoughts, im probably all over the place since i havent really played magic for last 6months and been over a year since i played nicfit. Im also thinking about jund, wouldnt jund be nice? play slaughter games, crop bojuka, punishing engine against stoneforge.

CREATURES (17)
    4 Veteran Explorer
    1 Qasali Pridemage
    2 Eternal Witness
    2 Siege Rhino
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Thragtusk
    2 Tireless Tracker
    1 Grave Titan
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    1 Rhonas the Indomitable
    1 Dryad Arbor

ENCHANTMENTS (2)
    1 Pernicious Deed
    1 Recurring Nightmare

SORCERIES (11)
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun’s Zenith
    2 Painful Truths
    1 Thoughtseize

INSTANTS (8)
    3 Path to Exile
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Crop Rotation

LANDS (22)
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    3 Windswept Heath
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Volrath’s Stronghold
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Karakas
    2 Bayou
    1 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    3 Forest
    2 Plains
    2 Swamp

SIDEBOARD (15)
    2 Containment Priest
    2 Thoughtseize
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    1 Diabolic Intent
    1 Tormod’s Crypt
    1 Abrupt Decay
    2 Golgari Charm
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Thrun, the Last Troll
    1 Tasigur, the Golden Fang
    1 Scavenging Ooze

Please dont flame me to much ;)
    /Gaz

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Gazoline View Post
    Hello everyone!
    After DRS ban i wanna get back to nicfit again. I believe it can be great in the meta to come if we can find an answer to Reanimator:) I really like the thought of Crop rotation.

So this are my thoughts, im probably all over the place since i havent really played magic for last 6months and been over a year since i played nicfit. Im also thinking about jund, wouldnt jund be nice? play slaughter games, crop bojuka, punishing engine against stoneforge.

...List...

Please dont flame me to much ;)
    /Gaz
    So... Your manabase is unstable. You only run 13 initial green mana sources and even less for the other colours. This means that you'll lose more games than you should to be being manascrewed.

Rhonas probably is a poor fit, as your threats should function on an empty board.

Grave Titan in my opinion is outclassed by Archon of Valor's Reach, which incidentally also does work vs. Reanimator if you ever manage to resolve it.

As for the SB, Containment Priest probably isn't the best choice as it also shuts down GSZ. Thrun, Tasigur, Diabolic Intent and the second Scavenging Ooze are all basically wasted slots. You don't need help in the fair MUs and Thrun is too small to be really relevant in that regard. Tasigur folds to Karakas, can't answer a resolved Gurmag Angler and can't be GSZ'd for. Scavenging Ooze is probably too slow as GY hate out of the SB, especially since 2 out of 3 times you'll have to GSZ for it. Diabolic Intent is just too risky a card to run. You're probably better off replacing it w/ a silver bullet for one of your worst MUs. Instead of drawing Intent and having to search for an answer in that case you'll have drawn the answer you need.

Surgical Extraction would probably be a nice anti GY card. Lost Legacy could do work across a whole range of MUs, from Reanimator to other fast combo (including Elves!, mind you) to Miracles (bye bye, Terminus - Miracles can be a hard MU b/c they have such an easy time answering any board presence). Other notable inclusions would be Gaddock Teeg and Ethersworn Canonist.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

iwas running both Gaddock and cannonist at first but backed downXD

thanks alot for your reply i will certanily listen to it and make some changes! :D

Would you say one more windswept fetch is enough? not sure what else i should do... Mana base and sideboarding as always been my two hardest part of nicfit...
    Last edited by Gazoline; 07-06-2018 at 08:53 AM.

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    I don't think this card is a terrible suggestion.
    I agree it's not necessarily a DRS 'replacement' (not being able to add mana) but it's a deceptively powerful card in its own right, I can see it being even stronger if you are stacking your deck with Guile/Sylvan.
    A significant drawback though is that a lot of the utility in this card comes from the graveyard-hate aspect of it, therefore it overlaps with Scavenging Ooze a lot, you probably don't want both, and Deadeye is not GSZ-able...
    I thought about this interaction when you can have Deadeye Tracker and Sylvan Library.
    I think in a proper build and depending on the metagame this card might be very good.
    The biggest upside is the possibility to draw a card and trimming you opponent graveyard.

This is a situation I had a couple of times during playing. I have between 4 to 8 mana, both players are after a board reset and you are in a top deck war. That is why I was looking at Tasigur, the Golden Fang or Deadeye Tracker with the amount of mana available you can spend it each turn to do something useful instead. Planeswalker are great at that, but I was looking for creatures also, to have some flexibility during deck building.

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    I thought about this interaction when you can have Deadeye Tracker and Sylvan Library.
    I think in a proper build and depending on the metagame this card might be very good.
    The biggest upside is the possibility to draw a card and trimming you opponent graveyard.

This is a situation I had a couple of times during playing. I have between 4 to 8 mana, both players are after a board reset and you are in a top deck war. That is why I was looking at Tasigur, the Golden Fang or Deadeye Tracker with the amount of mana available you can spend it each turn to do something useful instead. Planeswalker are great at that, but I was looking for creatures also, to have some flexibility during deck building.
    Sounds like a spot where you want Meren TBH

Former BUG Pile player looking for a new lease on life now that DRS is gone. I've liked the feel of Nic Fit for a while, but currently only have the manabase for BUG. Is BUG Fit even viable at this point? I threw together a rough list, after digging around online for some old lists.

Really, I just want to play Leovold... can BUG Fit get me there? Please rip me apart. :)

Maindeck (61)
    Creatures (15):
    4 Veteran Explorer
    3 Baleful Strix
    1 Eternal Witness
    2 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
    1 Tireless Tracker
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Carnage Tyrant

Walkers (2):
    1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Nissa, Vital Force

Spells (21):
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Crop Rotation
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Collective Brutality
    2 Toxic Deluge
    1 Pernicious Deed
    1 Maelstrom Pulse

Lands (23):
    2 Bayou
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Cabal Pit
    1 Dryad Arbor
    2 Forest
    2 Island
    3 Misty Rainforest
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    2 Polluted Delta
    2 Swamp
    1 Tropical Island
    2 Underground Sea
    3 Verdant Catacombs

Sideboard (15)
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope
    1 Garruk Relentless
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Diabolic Edict
    4 Force of Will

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

So, list.

4x Veteran Explorer
    1x birds of paradise
    1x dryad arbor
    4x siege rhino
    1x qasali pridemage
    1x scavenging ooze
    1x eternal witness
    1x doran, the Siege tower
    1x sigarda, host of herons
    1x meren of clan nel toth
    4x green sun's zenith
    4x cabal therapy
    3x path to exile
    2x abrupt decay
    3x pernicious deed
    1x painful truths
    2x sylvan library
    2x crop rotation
    1x liliana, the Last Hope
    1x nissa, vital force
    4x verdant catacombs
    3x windswept heath
    1x marsh flats
    1x wooded foothills
    1x bloodstained mire
    1x bayou
    1x Savannah
    1x scrubland
    3x forest
    2x swamp
    2x plains
    1x phyrexian tower

Sideboard
    1x bojuka bog
    1x karakas
    3x duress
    2x ethersworn canonist
    1x gaddock teeg
    1x golgari charm
    1x toxic deluge
    2x surgical extraction
    1x reclamation sage
    2x lost legacy

Sideboard is pure guessing. Lost Legacy seems very good in an open meta. What are people's thoughts on a Stoneforge package (5-7 slots)? I think deed has to be pushed aside to make way for it, but it seems very strong.

P.s. - I know birds should be noble, I'm working on it!

Edit: could go 61 and maindeck bog/rec sage, or garruk relentless.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

This version went 5-0 post-ban. I like the list, some interesting inclusions (Scarab God...?? Really?)

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1183679#paper

Quote Originally Posted by RhoxWarMonk View Post
    This version went 5-0 post-ban. I like the list, some interesting inclusions (Scarab God...?? Really?)

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1183679#paper
    The person who plays it is in the discord all the time, by the name Solnox.

Jun 2005
    Phoenix, Arizona

Safety: Do you have a straight GB list for the new meta? I'm looking at something low to the ground with crop rotation into bog/karakas main.
    "eggs... why'd it have to be eggs"

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Have any of the BUGgists in this thread tried Species Gorger? Feels like it does a lot of things we'd want, and it doesn't need a stocked graveyard to give us some recursion. Interested to hear what people think.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Mar 2010
    geneva, the frozen waste

@ lavafrogg : what you describe sound like Brael's bob fit list. I think he posted one not long ago but I can't remember if it was before the ban.

@ spicies gorger : when in blue go for grave titan, not for a worse meren (DRS gone, your graveyard is gonna be stocked whereas gorger does nothing on en empty board, I like that it is 6/6 though)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post
    Magic would be a lot more interesting if more Punks played it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Wow, you're right!

Sep 2007
    MN

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Deuce View Post
    Have any of the BUGgists in this thread tried Species Gorger? Feels like it does a lot of things we'd want, and it doesn't need a stocked graveyard to give us some recursion. Interested to hear what people think.
    If you were to untap with that creature, Titania Argoth would have likely given you 15 power worth of creatures.

The scarab god deck looks sweet though my first inclination would be to cut white (2 duals, 2 rhino) for an on color dual and 3 other gx creatures. I doubt it would make the mana worse despite 1 fewer land, still have 22 and 4 brainstorm. I'll probably try his stock list first.

Quote Originally Posted by conboy31 View Post
    If you were to untap with that creature, Titania Argoth would have likely given you 15 power worth of creatures.

The scarab god deck looks sweet though my first inclination would be to cut white (2 duals, 2 rhino) for an on color dual and 3 other gx creatures. I doubt it would make the mana worse despite 1 fewer land, still have 22 and 4 brainstorm. I'll probably try his stock list first.
    My thoughts too, I'm not sure Seige Rhino is worth splashing an extra color for and giving yourself a more shaky manabase, especially with no deathrites but his list is still really interesting all the same. I'll likely try it in it's current state as well, but like you, I'm really leaning towards cutting white in favor of another Gx spell + dual or fetch. I'd love to make room for LtLH along with the 2 JtMS, so maybe that'll be the first thing I test out.

Any suggestions on some creatures that's worth subbing into this slot for?

Sep 2007
    MN

Probably try adding 1 Sage from the sb and adding a 4th Leyline or first surgical. The last 2 cards would presumably have to be fairly high impact to supplant rhino given he wants to splash for it.

May 2013
    Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by lavafrogg View Post
    Safety: Do you have a straight GB list for the new meta? I'm looking at something low to the ground with crop rotation into bog/karakas main.
    I played a lot this list before DRS was banned to some very good results.

This is an attrition based list but when you are in the driver seat, it is nearly unstoppable:

Golgari Fit:

1 Umezawa's Jitte

1 Courser of Kruphix
    1 Titania, Protector of Argoth
    4 Veteran Explorer
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Ishkanah, Grafwidow
    1 Ramunap Excavator
    1 Wall of Blossoms -> this could be a visionary / sylvan ranger
    1 Tireless Tracker
    1 Fierce Empath
    1 Massacre Wurm
    1 Carnage Tyrant

1 Pernicious Deed

4 Abrupt Decay
    2 Crop Rotation

4 Bayou
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Ghost Quarter
    5 Forest
    1 Karakas
    3 Swamp
    2 Misty Rainforest
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Polluted Delta

1 Nissa, Vital Force

4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Hymn to Tourach
    4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    1 Toxic Deluge

Sideboard

1 Nihil Spellbomb
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Faerie Macabre
    2 Golgari Charm
    1 Pulse of Murasa
    2 Duress
    4 Lost Legacy
    1 xXx (open slot)

Quote Originally Posted by Matsu View Post
    Breal, do you play or have included in your calculation Sakura Tribe Elder. STE was the first card i have though after DRS ban.
    Sakura Tribe Elder has another calculation, it's ok if you change your metric to turn 3. Because I play lower curve decks I'm more interested in looking at the acceleration to play a powerful 3 drop on turn 2 (or two other cards), than trying to get a 4 drop on turn 3.

STE is a good card and a fine thing to include in most builds, but the acceleration it offers is very different from the acceleration a 1 CMC card offers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazoline View Post
    Hello everyone!
    Rework your manabase a bit. A 3/2/2 split of basics is likely bad here because you'll be a bit inconsistent in getting a T1 Veteran.

I would probably look at this for a manabase:
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath
    3 Bayou
    1 Savannah
    5 Forest
    1 Plains
    1 Swamp
    1 Karakas
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Dryad Arbor

This results in 17 T1 green sources, 12 T1 black, and 11 T1 white

It's possible only having 1 dual to get white is a problem, but in a Crop Rotation build I think you can get away with it since there's still a Plains, in addition to 4 Vet+2 Crop+4 fetches to get it. So in reality you have 10 sources of that basic Plains.

Do note, this manabase makes your Grave Titan and Sigarda unplayable so you'll need to find a substitute. I would suggest 1-2 Archons in place of those. I would consider a flip Nissa as well to take advantage of the Forest count.

Quote Originally Posted by lavafrogg View Post
    That's pretty much what I play. I haven't come up with a pure BG list yet that I like. I'm still thinking about some options. I've been more interested in abusing Intuition now that the great oppressor is gone, but I'm sure I'll get back to it before long.

This is where my list currently is, but as I said... it needs some work, particularly since I no longer think Armasaur makes the cut.

Land (23)

2x Bayou
    1x Bojuka Bog
    1x Dryad Arbor
    5x Forest
    1x Karakas
    4x Misty Rainforest
    2x Phyrexian Tower
    2x Swamp
    4x Verdant Catacombs
    1x Volrath's Stronghold

Instant (6)

2x Abrupt Decay
    2x Crop Rotation
    2x Diabolic Edict

Creature (19)

1x Chameleon Colossus
    4x Dark Confidant
    1x Eternal Witness
    1x Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1x Nissa, Vastwood Seer Flip
    1x Runic Armasaur
    2x Sakura-Tribe Elder
    4x Tireless Tracker
    4x Veteran Explorer

Sorcery (11)

4x Cabal Therapy
    1x Collective Brutality
    4x Green Sun's Zenith
    1x Maelstrom Pulse
    1x Toxic Deluge

Enchantment (1)

1x Pernicious Deed

My main thought is that I think a combination of Steve/Meren/Nissa/Tracker makes for a really good value shell. Armasaur likely wants to be a Thragtusk instead, and I'm not too thrilled about Chameleon Colossus right now, I think it instead wants to be a card that makes for good Tower food.

Thread Information