Page 197 of 208 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 4156

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

bruizar

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Yawgmoth seems to be rising in popularity. I suspect it will be a tier 1 commander, and perhaps further creep into Modern and perhaps nicfit

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

With Yawgmoth and the new green dino i think a streamlined straight GB list can be developed. I am re-evaluating the new Nissa and even Garruk Wildspeaker, to see what kind of big mana strategies could be viable. Edit: new land fetch elf and ouphe Null Rod both add value to this as well, avoiding a splash color for silver bullets.

I know some folks have stayed true to GB from the start. I think it might be correct to move towards that for an optimal nic-fit in the current metagame.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    With Yawgmoth and the new green dino i think a streamlined straight GB list can be developed. I am re-evaluating the new Nissa and even Garruk Wildspeaker, to see what kind of big mana strategies could be viable. Edit: new land fetch elf and ouphe Null Rod both add value to this as well, avoiding a splash color for silver bullets.

I know some folks have stayed true to GB from the start. I think it might be correct to move towards that for an optimal nic-fit in the current metagame.
    4x Verdant Catacomb 4x Prismatic Vista will help GB most definitely too.

Hello all!

I wanna start building into Nic Fit, and loved the Bahra's decklist, is there a way to adapt it to not play the stoneforge package?

Also, with Yawgmoth, do you guys think Bloodghast can be included for some card advantage? You can sac it to yawg, sac a vet, get 2 lands, ghasts comes into play, sac him, draw again, second land comes into play, ghast gets back, sac again....

This Nic Fit variant that 5-0ed yesterday looks spicy as hell...

Creature (20)
    4 Veteran Explorer
    4 Baleful Strix
    1 Birds of Paradise
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Glen Elendra Archmage
    1 Ice-Fang Coatl
    1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Plague Engineer
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Snapcaster Mage
    1 Spellseeker
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Yawgmoth, Thran Physician

Sorcery (11)
    4 Neoform
    4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Green Sun's Zenith

Instant (7)
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Assassin's Trophy

Land (22)
    2 Bayou
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Prismatic Vista
    2 Snow-Covered Forest
    2 Snow-Covered Island
    2 Snow-Covered Swamp
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Underground Sea
    4 Verdant Catacombs

Sideboard (15)
    1 Collector Ouphe
    2 Fatal Push
    4 Force of Will
    1 Hydroblast
    1 Magus of the Moon
    1 Reclamation Sage
    3 Surgical Extraction
    1 Sylvan Safekeeper

But its surprisingly not playing...
    1 Incubation Druid

It leans on Neoform and a creature toolbox to help you find just what you need for any situation. I would absolutely play a single copy of Incubation Druid that taps for 3 mana if it has any counters on it and I would cut Birds or Ice-Fang to make room for it.

Neoform seems just as capable as GSZ and provides four additional sac effects for Vet and four additional shuffle effects to abuse Brainstorm.

Also tempting, splashing white to play more combo hate toolbox creatures and maybe even cutting a GSZ to play a single Teeg maindeck.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    This Nic Fit variant that 5-0ed yesterday looks spicy as hell...

Creature (20)
    4 Veteran Explorer
    4 Baleful Strix
    1 Birds of Paradise
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Glen Elendra Archmage
    1 Ice-Fang Coatl
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Plague Engineer
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Snapcaster Mage
    1 Spellseeker
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Yawgmoth, Thran Physician

Sorcery (11)
    4 Neoform
    4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Green Sun's Zenith

Instant (7)
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Abrupt Decay
    1 Assassin's Trophy

Land (22)
    2 Bayou
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Misty Rainforest
    1 Polluted Delta
    1 Prismatic Vista
    2 Snow-Covered Forest
    2 Snow-Covered Island
    2 Snow-Covered Swamp
    2 Tropical Island
    1 Underground Sea
    4 Verdant Catacombs

Sideboard (15)
    1 Collector Ouphe
    2 Fatal Push
    4 Force of Will
    1 Hydroblast
    1 Magus of the Moon
    1 Reclamation Sage
    3 Surgical Extraction
    1 Sylvan Safekeeper

But its surprisingly not playing...
    1 Incubation Druid

It leans on Neoform and a creature toolbox to help you find just what you need for any situation. I would absolutely play a single copy of Incubation Druid that taps for 3 mana if it has any counters on it and I would cut Birds or Ice-Fang to make room for it.

Neoform seems just as capable as GSZ and provides four additional sac effects for Vet and four additional shuffle effects to abuse Brainstorm.

Also tempting, splashing white to play more combo hate toolbox creatures and maybe even cutting a GSZ to play a single Teeg maindeck.
    This looks very strong to me. The main line I see is Strix into Neoform into Witness into Neoform into yawgmoth or glen elendra or meren of nel thoth.

A turn one/two Skyshroud Cutter or Vine Dryad into Goblin Dark Dwellers into Prime Titan/Grave Titan/Carnage Tyrant/Wurmcoil Eng/Sire of Insanity/Ruric Thar is also a devastatingly strong line of play.

Going from Eternal Witness or even a hardcast Elvish spirit guide to Atraxa or the new 5/4 pro blue haste reach trampler is also very strong.

Or just sacing Vet Explorer to grab a Hibernation Druid turn 2 equals 7 mana on turn 3 to either hardcast or GSZ a Titan. Prime Titan gets Karakas against big creature strategies and gets bojuka bog against graveyard strategies/delve/snapcaster. Carnage Tyrant hurts control. Sire of Insanity wrecks control and Ruric Thar wrecks combo.

Lots of cool options to explore with Neoform.

Something that looks amazing with Yawgmoth (and the mana advantage from vet explorer) is Hangarback Walker... you can proliferate him, sac him and the Thopters, draw a bunch and put a bunch of -1-1 counters...

Wrenn and Six should be a staple in red green Nic Fit decks going forth.

Its an amazing ramp card, deals with annoying x/1s and can be used to kill your own Explorer in a pinch. It singlehandedly made Jund a tier 1 deck in Modern again and Nic Fit is legacy’s jund deck.

Dec 2010
    Prague

Try this. Its the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Koplinchen View Post

Try this. Its the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    while it's a nice list, i don't see why you would want veteran explorer in the first place in this list. The average CC is low enough that it is simply not necessary.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Just spit-balling here, so be warned, jank incoming!

I was thinking about how good Yawgmoth has shown himself to be for this deck, but he can't be fetched with Green Sun's Zenith. Birthing Pod has been fringe-playable in this deck on occasion, giving a way to tutor into Yawgmoth reliably. Three drops are really easy to enable in the deck, the low-hanging fruit being Eternal Witness, Plague Engineer, and Tireless Tracker. Chains are easy to enable with Viridian Emissary into Witness into Yawgmoth. If Yawgmoth gets targeted he can be Podded away for a Thragtusk. I am thinking mostly BG only at this point, which I think is the way to work in Pod. Jund versions are focused heavily on W&6, so there really isn't room. Pod isn't too janky, but I would love to see something like an Unearth/Witness loop that enables Yawgmoth. Profane Command scales up in power level and can become a win condition on it's own with Witness + Yawgmoth. Sac the Witness to ping creatures and draw cards, Command it back and drain/kill more stuff. Discarding cards to proliferate becomes easier with a Witness + Unearth/Command engine. Meren of Clan Nel Toth also works admirably with this, at the least just recurring Dryad Arbor for Yawgmoth to eat every turn. I also want to go junkier with Imperious Perfect, which can be fetched out to make tokens to either use with Yawgmoth or swarm the board.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

I think Birthing Pod and Yawgmoth fit quite well together, also there were some Pod versions being run with some success around when WAR was released, Yawgmoth is a natural addition to them. The question is if its a good meta for Pod, I think not but go on and try it.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by pettdan View Post
    I think Birthing Pod and Yawgmoth fit quite well together, also there were some Pod versions being run with some success around when WAR was released, Yawgmoth is a natural addition to them. The question is if its a good meta for Pod, I think not but go on and try it.
    I think it's a way to keep it straight BG, otherwise you can be more efficient with Neoform and splash in powerful cards like Brainstorm and Baleful Strix. My local metagame is fairly susceptible to grindy control variants with very little combo threatening the meta. It does however have a strong Moon Stompy base, which makes 3 colors riskier. Pod can be activated even under Moon and Nic Fit is naturally good at being less susceptible to Moon because of a high basic land count. Lots of Death and Taxes, UR Delver, RUG Delver, and Lands in my local metagame.
    Brainstorm Realist

If you are playing yawghmoth, did anyone tried to play something like hermit druid over / in addition to thragtusk?

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Kriggy View Post
    If you are playing yawghmoth, did anyone tried to play something like hermit druid over / in addition to thragtusk?
    EDIT: I think you mean this card, right?

Thragtusk seems to fill a very particular role, mostly gaining life and stabilizing while presenting a resilient threat. I'm not sure this, or the original Deranged Hermit, are good enough. I like that it gives you a bunch of tokens all at once but it ends up costing you 6 mana. I think I'd rather have something on-curve like Imperious Perfect, but I get where you're going with this. It's a fairly good combo with Therapy/Yawgmoth, or even Cabal Therapist if you felt so inclined.
    Brainstorm Realist

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    EDIT: I think you mean this card, right?

Thragtusk seems to fill a very particular role, mostly gaining life and stabilizing while presenting a resilient threat. I'm not sure this, or the original Deranged Hermit, are good enough. I like that it gives you a bunch of tokens all at once but it ends up costing you 6 mana. I think I'd rather have something on-curve like Imperious Perfect, but I get where you're going with this. It's a fairly good combo with Therapy/Yawgmoth, or even Cabal Therapist if you felt so inclined.
    Haha, I didnt even know this was a card :D I think I might give it a try. I have a rhino version, so I think I can easily substitute tusk for this AND it seems to be working well with recurring nightmare.

btw there is no function for linking cards directly like on MTGS ? I have to link pictures ?

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Haha, I didnt even know this was a card :D I think I might give it a try. I have a rhino version, so I think I can easily substitute tusk for this AND it seems to be working well with recurring nightmare.

btw there is no function for linking cards directly like on MTGS ? I have to link pictures ?
    Yes. The easiest way is to copy the picture link and use 'insert image' icon when posting. It looks like a little tree.

Then which 'hermit' did you mean? Deranged Hermit? The card Hermit Druid is banned in legacy.
    Brainstorm Realist

[cards ]Card Name[/cards ]. Remove the space after the word cards.

http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...rd-tags-(2-0!)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hammer View Post
    ... Or just sacing Vet Explorer to grab a Hibernation Druid ...
    I think you meant Incubation Druid

Thread Information