Page 24 of 209 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

May 2013
    Paris, France

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by FZA View Post
    If I were to add a big bomb maindeck, I would want something that pitches to FoW. Consecrated Sphinx maybe? Are there any good UG creature bombs? This would be great, as it could both be tutored by GSZ and pitched to FoW.
    Hi and welcome.

If you had to include a big blue bomb you've got a few choices:
    - Frost Titan (my favorite if you expect a lot of unfair huge demons in your meta)
    - Dead Eye requires a very specific build IMHO
    - Sagu Mauler, dumb beater but zenithable
    - Consecrated Sphynx (that card is broken)

Nov 2015
    Seattle, WA

Ran Sneak Fit in a weekly last night to a record of 1-2-1 but felt that both of my losses were due to misplays that (in hindsight) were pretty obviously bad on my part.

Round 1 I beat Miracles and the Punishing Fire package was key, as it allowed me to bring my opponent's life total low enough to where random beaters could finish the job. P-Fire also convinced my opponent to bring in surgical extractions, which I feel hurt his consistency and allowed me to resolve more spells game two. Slaughter Games for Entreat the Angels against a non-mentor opponent feels great as well.

Round 2 I lost to Storm. Game 1 I was unable to pressure him sufficiently and he went off; pretty standard stuff. Game two I was able to resolve something like 4 therapies thanks to eternal witness and small creatures whittled his life total away. Game 3 my opponent was able to go off T2, and I still could have won - I resolved surgical extraction for the 2 LED in his yard but misplayed on a second extraction targeting Past in Flames instead of the tutor in his yard.

Round 3 I drew against Food Chain. I'd love some sideboarding advice for this matchup, as I wasn't sure whether to board for combo or for a grindfest. Deed felt like it was hugely important here, and I'm not sure whether it was correct to take out Punishing Fire. I won game one off of a relatively fast Emrakul, lost game 2 to a flurry of counterspells and some aerial pressure, and game 3 we went to time (my opponent was new to his deck and took some time with his decisions).

Round 4 I played against Aluren, which is up on CardKingdom's stream on twitch. Since it's up there I won't go into too much detail but suffice to say I won game 1 off of Sneak Attack, lost game two to pressure in the air, and lost game three by not seeing a line where I could have used Deathrite Shaman to drain my opponent's last two life.

So if it weren't for my bad play, I feel like I could have easily gone 3-0-1 last night - Sneak is still really good. I'm leaning towards putting StE back into the list; Crop Rotation has more explosive potential but there's enough blue in my local meta that it just feels too high risk every time I draw it. I have yet to resolve it in a situation where it was highly beneficial / impactful. Since I'm putting StE back in, I'm also leaning towards bringing Meren back. She'd be great for the various BUG decks running around. I want to try a list without punishing fire, but it's so good when you get it going against miracles and I haven't run into any situations where bolts / pushes would have been better.

Does anyone have sideboarding advice for Food Chain with Sneak?

Quote Originally Posted by Lueseto View Post
    A straightforward threat that's resilient and UG is Sagu Mauler, but it's weak to sweepers and edicts. Haven't tried it, don't remember reading about anyone trying it neither, but I would look for a bomb if I were you. Running 4 Zeniths just for Veterans, grave hate and a couple 3 drops feels a litttle bit lackluster. I'd run Thragtusk which is an awesome stabilizer if you can relax the blue requirement.
    Ricardio is using Sagu Mauler a lot lately

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysse95 View Post
    Ricardio is using Sagu Mauler a lot lately
    I don't know Ricardio, who is him? I haven't found anything in the thread nor in google

Quote Originally Posted by FZA View Post
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to build a BUG control list with Pernicious Deeds (I feel like the card is sweet in the current meta) and decided that a Nic Fit shell might be good. This isn't your typical Nic Fit list with crazy bombs, basically the curve ends with Leovold and Jace, but I was wondering if I could get some feedback on it.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/593704#online

I added the probes because the blue count for Force was a little low, but they have been decent in combination with Therapy.

The list is certainly a bit threat-light, but that's kind of what I was going for with a more controlling build. The 2 copies of Nissa in the board really put in a lot of work in matchups like vs Miracles when big threats are more necessary.

If I were to add a big bomb maindeck, I would want something that pitches to FoW. Consecrated Sphinx maybe? Are there any good UG creature bombs? This would be great, as it could both be tutored by GSZ and pitched to FoW.
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/539038#paper

Here is my take on BUG nic fit if you are interested.

I think your land count/fetch count is low for casting Jace/Brainstorm and probes would not be something I would be interested in casting in a build without lifegain. I also would want to run fatal push instead of innocent blood as you do have a number of creatures you dont want to sacrifice.

I also wouldnt run the 4th zenith with a green creature count as low as it is. They get a lot worse later in the game.

Idk what your meta was like but I was never impressed with force main deck given the cost. Brainstorm alone to find therapy is already a huge upgrade over the non blue list and leovold on top of that already makes the combo matchup better. Also what do you need 4 leylines for? B/R Reanimater? Is there anything else for them? It feels really narrow.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

I don't know Ricardio, who is him?
    A man, a myth, a legend.

As for the BUG Fit list - it needs at least 2 more lands, preferably fetch.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

I don't know Ricardio, who is him? I haven't found anything in the thread nor in google
    If one can't be found on Google, one does not exist.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Quote Originally Posted by mstephenson View Post
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/539038#paper

Here is my take on BUG nic fit if you are interested.

I think your land count/fetch count is low for casting Jace/Brainstorm and probes would not be something I would be interested in casting in a build without lifegain. I also would want to run fatal push instead of innocent blood as you do have a number of creatures you dont want to sacrifice.

I also wouldnt run the 4th zenith with a green creature count as low as it is. They get a lot worse later in the game.

Idk what your meta was like but I was never impressed with force main deck given the cost. Brainstorm alone to find therapy is already a huge upgrade over the non blue list and leovold on top of that already makes the combo matchup better. Also what do you need 4 leylines for? B/R Reanimater? Is there anything else for them? It feels really narrow.
    I love your list and am curious to test it out, but isn't Marit Lage a big problem to your deck? Maybe, 2x Lilianas could help?
    To make a prairie, it takes a clover and one bee. One clover, a bee, and revery...

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by aspsnake View Post
    I love your list and am curious to test it out, but isn't Marit Lage a big problem to your deck? Maybe, 2x Lilianas could help?
    Liliana does very little vs. an EoT Marit Lage (and is possibly a turn too slow).
    DAMMIT ECHELON

I've found that most lists tend to have trouble with Marit Lage, I'm playing 2 Wasteland to help against it but it's not great. In my build it's kind of justified because I'm running Intuition and Life from the Loam so they give me a mana denial plan if the game calls for it, but that doesn't come up very often either.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Liliana does very little vs. an EoT Marit Lage (and is possibly a turn too slow).
    You run 4x Baleful, so often you'll be able to block him for a turn.
    But next turn, you have nothing (unless you run Lilianas), it gives you an extra chance.
    But I now see that Lilianas probably don't exactly work with your strategy, you often don't wanna discard yourself.
    To make a prairie, it takes a clover and one bee. One clover, a bee, and revery...

Dec 2013

And Life From The Loam cares very little about Baleful Strix. Or discard.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

To The Slaughter is the solution to Marit Lage I'm currently leaning towards. Deals with Jace, TNN, Marit Lage and Inkmoth Nexus, at instant speed, which isn't something we can really get anywhere else.

Jace does the same thing against Marit Lage.

The non-land non-turbo depths decks are usually pretty easy because Marit Lage is the only thing they have going for them. Haven't played against lands with this build but from the 4c one I played I am down 3 path and 1 surgical in the board, so I imagine its worse than before. That said running 4 extraction effects + brainstorm is a good way of dealing with their deck. It also usually isnt a problem of answering the first token but the stream of them with loam and sometimes PFire can be a problem but you can eventually just extract it.

You run 4x Baleful, so often you'll be able to block him for a turn.
    The last time I played against 4c Loam my board state was
    1 Nissa Vital Force Emblem
    1 Nissa Vital Force
    1 Jace
    1 Leovold
    1 Meren
    2 Strix
    1 Thragtusk
    Multiple 3/3 beast

I could of blocked that thing for days. And im confident that I can kill him/find an extraction effect before he finds enough fire/groves/removal to break through the strixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    To The Slaughter is the solution to Marit Lage I'm currently leaning towards. Deals with Jace, TNN, Marit Lage and Inkmoth Nexus, at instant speed, which isn't something we can really get anywhere else.
    To the Slaughter is gas. Deals with obnoxious things like Marit Lage and TNN. But also good against any grindy deck with planeswalkers because delirium is almost always on and is great at dealing with either Gideon/Garruk or getting some other creature as well.

Didn't see this posted, but I may have missed some posts in the past few days.

Over on the Nic Fit subreddit, a CFB streamer Andrea Mengucci asked for some deck tips and decided to give the deck a run. He eventually settled on a Rhino list and posted a 5 round league with the deck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSP0...TPt_EcPhtMqDQs

I don't think it was played optimally, but it's another example that can be thrown on the front page for an example of someone playing the deck.

Also, off to a good start with my new paper league. I'll post about that once I have all or most of my rounds in. The decklist is a few pages back.

And a random question: Has anyone ever had results with Yavimaya Elder? Or Living Wish? Both seem a bit intriguing right now.

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    And a random question: Has anyone ever had results with Yavimaya Elder? Or Living Wish? Both seem a bit intriguing right now.
    In what space, and to what end? If you want lands you have Veteran Explorer (which does a better job than Elder), if you want cards you have Eternal Witness/Courser of Kruphix/Tireless Tracker.

As for Living Wish - maybe, if you're running Depths combo. Otherwise it's probably a waste of precious SB space.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Living Wish needs an end-the-game combo card to be good. Spending that much of a mana premium means the payoff needs to end the game to be worth it. Depths/Stage is the closest but IMO it doesn't turn the corner fast enough - after Wishing you have to pass the turn before you can score the kill and that's a real problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    In what space, and to what end? If you want lands you have Veteran Explorer (which does a better job than Elder), if you want cards you have Eternal Witness/Courser of Kruphix/Tireless Tracker.

As for Living Wish - maybe, if you're running Depths combo. Otherwise it's probably a waste of precious SB space.
    In place of Sakura Tribe Elder mainly.

I've been thinking about ways to increase my curve lately. Tireless Tracker is still at the top of the list, but I'm still considering otehrs too.

I'm still using Depths combo, so that's one point in favor of Living Wish. That's not the only reason I was considering it though. It widens the range of decks you can beat in G1 by a lot since it allows the Depths combo to be in G1.

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    It widens the range of decks you can beat in G1 by a lot since it allows the Depths combo to be in G1.
    It won't help you vs. Miracles (b/c creatures), it won't help you vs. ANT/TES (b/c speed). What ground do you aim to gain?
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Up there is a menu with Community > members list > go to "R" names and look for Ricardio. Then on his profile, you can see his last messages or ask him in PM ;)
    Or check the last few pages of this thread, he posts quite regularly and you can even find MTGO photos of his deck list ^^

Thread Information