Page 155 of 208 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205 ... LastLast
Results 3,081 to 3,100 of 4156

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Been playing Flash a bit more, still having lots of trouble with the MTGO timer, but game to game I'm doing great. One thing I've noticed though is that a second Swamp would be welcome in the manabase, which makes me want to cut a Forest. That means Nissa needs to come out for either an Eternal Witness or a second Snapcaster. I haven't decided on which I would prefer yet.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

It's usually good to be speedy. I'm not sure you have enough targets for a second Snapcaster though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    It's usually good to be speedy. I'm not sure you have enough targets for a second Snapcaster though.
    It's not the deck speed that has been my issue, I'm able to play games (especially in paper) at a reasonable pace. It's the damn MTGO timer, it's especially bad with a draw/go style like Flash because I can't simply auto pass priority as much. I'm getting better, and I think the deck is reasonable though not the most competitive build.

I've found that I used to only rarely use the GSZ into Eternal Witness line, but I'm really missing it now. That says to me that I either need more removal, or this build just needs that line. Maybe another instant in that slot would be ok. I've been eyeing To the Slaughter.

Has anyone been brewing a Pod and/or Rhino list recently? I've been looking to get back into Nic Fit, but I'm not sure what an updated list would even run besides maybe a few Tireless Trackers.

Quote Originally Posted by hamie96 View Post
    Has anyone been brewing a Pod and/or Rhino list recently? I've been looking to get back into Nic Fit, but I'm not sure what an updated list would even run besides maybe a few Tireless Trackers.
    I want to test a BUG pod list that curves into Scarab God
    That card as a midrange 5 drop is just miles beyond anything else that's ever been printed and UB is already good with pod because it lets you play Baleful Strix
    You can do stuff like:
    Pod, sac Strix, find blue exarch, untap pod, pod sac blue exarch, find black exarch, Duress
    Next turn pod into scarab god, then you can pay 4 in their draw step to revive the black exarch and Duress them again
    Then you have infinite 4/4s based on whatever you podded up the Chain, the tokens keep their CMC so you can still pod into whatever you want, and even if you really want to sac the God to find a 6 it comes back to your hand anyway.
    The return ability also lets you protect it from Swords with Phyrexian Tower.

Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    Next turn pod into scarab god, then you can pay 4 in their draw step to revive the black exarch and Duress them again
    Then you have infinite 4/4s based on whatever you podded up the Chain, the tokens keep their CMC so you can still pod into whatever you want, and even if you really want to sac the God to find a 6 it comes back to your hand anyway.
    The return ability also lets you protect it from Swords with Phyrexian Tower.
    Please add liliana last hope for maximum fun ;)

Gesendet von meinem SM-J320F mit Tapatalk

Dec 2013

Pod hasn't been viable for a long time and Junk has been up for debate for some time now as well. If I were to pilot Junk Fit right now, I'd still use the following list:

Main (60):
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Marsh Flats
    1 Bayou
    1 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    2 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Plains
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Volrath's Stronghold

1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Veteran Explorer
    3 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Qasali Pridemage
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Courser of Kruphix
    2 Tireless Tracker
    4 Siege Rhino
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons

4 Path to Exile
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Pernicious Deed
    1 Toxic Deluge

4 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Mirri's Guile
    1 Sylvan Library

Sideboard:
    3 Duress
    3 Lost Legacy
    2 Ethersworn Canonist
    2 Pithing Needle
    2 Golgari Charm
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Hey guys, can you suggest begginer BG nic fit? Im want to build this deck but my budget is limited at the moment to about 150 dollars so BG seems like the only option. I was looking for some decklists but it seems that none is playing BG now :/
    thank you

edit: by begginer deck I mean as a place to start and to be improved later

Quote Originally Posted by Kriggy View Post
    Hey guys, can you suggest begginer BG nic fit? Im want to build this deck but my budget is limited at the moment to about 150 dollars so BG seems like the only option. I was looking for some decklists but it seems that none is playing BG now :/
    thank you

BG isn't any cheaper than the other versions really. The biggest expense you need to start playing the deck is 8 fetchlands, and it doesn't really matter which ones they are as long as they are green or black - Verdant Catacombs is the preferred choice, though. You need 2 more shocklands to get started maybe but that's like $16. Most of the other cards you want are in the $5-10 range with a few exceptions (planeswalkers, collective brutality, kolaghan's commands, some sideboard choices like Thoughtseize) and dual lands.

Dec 2013

Yup. If you want to get into Legacy on a budget, Manaless Dredge might be your best bet. Manabases are very, very spendy.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

thank you

Nic Fit does have some budget options, but in paper you cannot play the deck on a budget of $150. At the very minimum you need 8 green fetches and 1 Bayou which combined will run you into the low to mid 300's. Then there's the cards you actually want to play. My BUG flash deck is among the cheapest "competitive" variants I've seen in a while and it still runs a solid $1200 in paper.

Also, Nic Fit is not a good beginner deck to the format. It has powerful lines but so much relies on proper Cabal Therapy names that you'll blow a lot of rounds due to playing the card improperly.

Dec 2013

Also, after your manabase you'll need a set of Therapies, a bunch of Fatal Push. It gets pretty expensive pretty quickly. Legacy is such an efficient format, you simply can't afford to run sub-par cards.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Also, after your manabase you'll need a set of Therapies, a bunch of Fatal Push. It gets pretty expensive pretty quickly. Legacy is such an efficient format, you simply can't afford to run sub-par cards.
    Well therapy is like 3-4$ so its fine. My budget is actulay more like 230-250 for now. I didnt get the exchange rate right. Im fine with playing mostly basic manabase for starters, i can improve it over time.

Dec 2013

Well therapy is like 3-4$ so its fine. My budget is actulay more like 230-250 for now. I didnt get the exchange rate right. Im fine with playing mostly basic manabase for starters, i can improve it over time.
    My bad about the Therapies. I'm used to seeing the prices for those I run. FNM CTs, they're a bit more spendy .

The manabase is the most important part of the deck, by the way. Fetchlands (and specifically Catacombs) first, duals later. You'll want to aim at having 14 initial manasources for each colour you run, meaning you should have 14 cards that can get you green mana on T1 and 14 cards that can get you black mana on T1. Fetchlands should count to 1 for each colour.

As an example, currently I run this manabase for my Junk Fit list:
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Marsh Flats
    1 Bayou
    1 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    2 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Plains
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Volrath's Stronghold

This puts me @14 for each colour.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

My bad about the Therapies. I'm used to seeing the prices for those I run. FNM CTs, they're a bit more spendy .

The manabase is the most important part of the deck, by the way. Fetchlands (and specifically Catacombs) first, duals later. You'll want to aim at having 14 initial manasources for each colour you run, meaning you should have 14 cards that can get you green mana on T1 and 14 cards that can get you black mana on T1. Fetchlands should count to 1 for each colour.

As an example, currently I run this manabase for my Junk Fit list:
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Marsh Flats
    1 Bayou
    1 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    2 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Plains
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Volrath's Stronghold

This puts me @14 for each colour.
    I will add my two cents. If you want to play legacy, I assume you played modern before. So I will suggest for a junk list to start with this:

8 green fetchlands
    2 overgrown tomb
    2 temple garden
    2 godless shrine

Then I will invest in Duals, the cheapest will be Scrubland, Savannah when the expensive is Bayou. If you want to go only BG you need 4 Bayou.
    When you have the duals buy the fetchlands (Catacombs), they will reprint them from time to time so the price will slowly drop.
    When you have more experience with the format and the deck I will buy utility lands in this order.
    Phyrexian Tower – first
    Karakas – if you are in Junk
    Volrath’s stronghold – if you want to grind
    Grove of the Burnwillow – if you want to go jund color with taiga and badlands
    Man land – if you need some spice, including Dryad arbor and Dark Depth. (I personally play one treetop village in the main, nickname jace killer)

Jan 2018
    Germany/Ingolstadt

Hi Folks,

I have completely changed my nic fit and exchanged a total of 27 cards.
    Somehow the 4c ​​variant was just too inconsistent for me, so I threw out blue and white completely.
    The version I am currently testing is the Punishing Fire / Grove - Engine, combined with the R/G - Dinosaurs. Jurassic Fit
    In my opinion, the pile plays very constantly and the dinosaurs offer enough value to make the opponent sweat.

I really like the possibility of tutoring a board wiping option against elves and tokens with Raging Swordtooth.
    6 dinosaurs in total should be able to justify a cavern of souls.
    Chandra over Nissa is not fixed yet. But what I miss a bit is the tireless tracker.

With blood moon and trinisphere in the sideboard I have had very good experiences, but I just have to play and test a lot more.

All in all, it's great fun to play the deck. Any feeling or suggestions are pretty welcome.

Stuff (16)
    2 Abrupt Decay
    4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Kolaghan's Command
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    3 Punishing Fire

Creatures (16)
    1 Carnage Tyrant
    1 Chameleon Colossus
    3 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Huntmaster of the Fells
    1 Raging Swordtooth
    1 Regisaur Alpha
    1 Ripjaw Raptor
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Thrashing Brontodon
    1 Tireless Tracker
    4 Veteran Explorer

Lands (23)
    1 Badlands
    2 Bayou
    1 Cavern of Souls
    3 Forest
    3 Grove of the Burnwillows
    1 Kessig Wolf Run
    2 Mountain
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    2 Swamp
    1 Taiga
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Wooded Foothills

Enchantments & PW (6)
    2 Chandra, Torch of Defiance
    2 Pernicious Deed
    2 Sylvan Library

Sideboard
    SB: 2 Blood Moon
    SB: 2 Diabolic Edict
    SB: 3 Pyroblast
    SB: 2 Surgical Extraction
    SB: 2 Thoughtseize
    SB: 2 Toxic Deluge
    SB: 2 Trinisphere

Greetings

Mike

Jul 2016
    Forever dark woods

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
    Hi Folks,

All in all, it's great fun to play the deck. Any feeling or suggestions are pretty welcome.

Greetings

Mike
    Jurassic Park I like it.
    These are the changes I will probably make without testing and with no meta call:
    Abrupt Decay -> punishing fire
    Abrupt Decay -> Collective brutality
    2x Kolagan’s command -> 2x Collective brutality
    Raging Swordtooth -> Strombreath Dragon
    Deathrite Shaman -> pernicious deed
    Huntmaster of the Fells -> Tragtusk
    Cavern of Souls -> green Fetch
    Chandra -> Nissa, vital force
    Chandra -> Angrath flame chained

Side:
    3x blood moon
    1x slaughter games
    Probably something to easily kill Gurmag angler

edit:
    I will consider also those dinosaurs
    Deathgorge Scavenger, Ranging Raptors, Regal Behemoth

This is the Junk List I'm putting back together, any thoughts?

4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Forest
    2 Plains
    2 Swamp
    1 Island
    2 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    1 Bayou
    1 Overgrown Tomb
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Dryad Arbor

1 Carnage Tyrant
    1 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Devoted Druid
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Qasali Pridemage
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    3 Siege Rhino
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    1 Sun Titan
    2 Tireless Tracker
    1 Thragtusk
    4 Veteran Explorer

2 Abrupt Decay
    4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    3 Swords to Plowshares

3 Pernicious Deed
    1 Nissa, Vital Force

SB:
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Path to Exile
    1 Toxic Deluge
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    2 Etherworn Canonist
    2 Dread of Night
    2 Surgical Extraction
    3 Thoughtseize

The meta (according to my friends) is Grixis Delver(5 different players), 4C Leovold, RB Reanimator, Death & Taxes, Mono Red Prison, BUG Delver, Lands, and Burn.

Aug 2014
    Central New York

If the meta your friend told you is correct, I would be overly cautious and run more basics. You’re very vulnerable to wasteland and blood moon. Cut 2 fetchlands and add 2 basics. Devoted Druid should straight up switch for Sakura, who is further mana ramp and protection.

Add Sylvan Library. Never looks sexy but the card is bananas.

I’m not the best on the color-math, but also be careful of your casting cost requirements. WW is hard to hit (Sun Titan and Sigarda). You’re making this even more challenging with Leovold and Siege Rhino. @Brael and others may offer a more optimal solution.

Dec 2013

This is the Junk List I'm putting back together, any thoughts?

...List...

SB:
    1 Gaddock Teeg
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Path to Exile
    1 Toxic Deluge
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    2 Etherworn Canonist
    2 Dread of Night
    2 Surgical Extraction
    3 Thoughtseize

The meta (according to my friends) is Grixis Delver(5 different players), 4C Leovold, RB Reanimator, Death & Taxes, Mono Red Prison, BUG Delver, Lands, and Burn.
    Well, cut the Devoted Druid for another Deathrite for starters, and your StPs should probably be PtEs. And your list is too top heavy w/ the 2 6-drops and 3 5-drops. Try to cut down to 0-1 6-drops and 1-2 5-drops, max. With such a top heavy list you'll end up almost getting there a lot. Especially against Grixis Delver - you need to play really tight vs. that deck (at least when they're running Stifles).

Your SB puzzles me most. Why the PtE, and why Dread of Night? You shouldn't have need for more PtEs, and Dread of Night should probably be something more versatile like Golgari Charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    If the meta your friend told you is correct, I would be overly cautious and run more basics. You’re very vulnerable to wasteland and blood moon. Cut 2 fetchlands and add 2 basics. Devoted Druid should straight up switch for Sakura, who is further mana ramp and protection.

Add Sylvan Library. Never looks sexy but the card is bananas.

I’m not the best on the color-math, but also be careful of your casting cost requirements. WW is hard to hit (Sun Titan and Sigarda). You’re making this even more challenging with Leovold and Siege Rhino. @Brael and others may offer a more optimal solution.
    Yup, for starters do not cut fetchlands as that kills your manabase. Let's assume Leovold and Sun Titan don't make the final cut but you still want to play a 6-drop, I'd go with something like this:
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    2 Scrubland
    2 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Plains
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Volrath's Stronghold/Karakas

Which puts you @14 initial manasources for each colour.

Or, if you plan to add Sylvan Libraries/Mirri's Guiles:
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath
    2 Marsh Flats
    1 Bayou
    1 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    3 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Plains
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Volrath's Stronghold/Karakas

Which puts you @15/14/14 w/ some more free shuffle effects. Mirri's Guile and Sylvan Library are very, very powerful in Nic Fit. They allow you to match the card selection of blue decks, which also lets you get away with demanding manacosts (GG & WW, BGW is usually easier to come by).

If you drop all 6-drops and run some Library/Guile effects, you can slim the manabase down to 21 cards. If you do so, go for the latter manabase and just cut the 3rd Forest.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Thread Information