Page 102 of 208 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 4156

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton! View Post
    The combo would be nice.

In regards of the fair lists. Stormbreath Dragon must be a powerful card right now. No Push, no Decay, no Sword can kill it. 4 of them as the end of the curve. Sounds something between stupid and fun. Glorybringer maybe too. And Flametongue Kavu. Creatures with build in removal seem somehow cool.

I think i will tinker with that, too
    4 Stormbreath seems to me like too much, but it's definitely powerful. We're generally looking for something we can tutor for though and there's not a good tutor for Stormbreath. There's probably a way to play it in a Jund list.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    The trick is to not mess around with so many redundant consistency pirces, and cut the Guiles and Intents for just 3 library and more creatures. Deathrite (and probably Angler) also goes for more relevant creatures. This works because your 'bombs' are also playable cards in their own right. If your bomb package is Woodland Bellower, Inferno Titan, Emrakul - you only have one card you can't cast anyway, and the other two also help out by providing card advantage and removal. It's not like you are just playing four Emrakuls and hoping you draw Sneak for them to not be dead. You don't lose 12 slots, you lose five.
    So yes to 6 mana cards, but no to extra mana. Interesting. As for Guiles vs. Libraries - speed matters, but that's just my opinion.

As for lost slots - you wouldn't normally run stuff like Empath, now would you? And if you choose to not run those in your creature oriented combo builds you risk falling into the "I-can't-assemble-the-pieces"-trap.

Anyways, that for me still is a reason to not run combo at all with a platform like this unless it'd fit into the shell naturally.

@Dalton!: I agree w/ Brael on the number of Stormdragons - 2 5-drops would be around max, normally.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    So yes to 6 mana cards, but no to extra mana. Interesting. As for Guiles vs. Libraries - speed matters, but that's just my opinion.

As for lost slots - you wouldn't normally run stuff like Empath, now would you? And if you choose to not run those in your creature oriented combo builds you risk falling into the "I-can't-assemble-the-pieces"-trap.

Anyways, that for me still is a reason to not run combo at all with a platform like this unless it'd fit into the shell naturally.
    You already have twelve ramp cards in Explorer, Zenith and Sneak Attack. I haven't found more than that to be necessary.

Empath is a fine card. I've played him in fair builds before. He's a reasonable value creature, since being able to Zenith for 'Inferno Titan you next turn' is actually a very solid line. I'm not saying you cut him - I'm saying that Empath (and the six drops) still do work without Sneak so we are nowhere near as all-in on the combo plan as something like Sneak and Show.

Dec 2013

Or, you know, you go for GSZ for x = 5 this turn (or, if you're still a mana short, hold on to GSZ a turn longer and play something else instead) and save yourself the Empath slots altogether.

On the other hand, Empath does play very well w/ Cabal Therapy or even Diabolic Intent - you really do not care about it dying and that (possibly double) CT might just be what you need to be able to push through that 6 drop the following turn. So there is that.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

I do not know if it is just nonsense, but i really like idea of in pushable, unswordable haste creatures that fly as a four-off. If you could only Tutor them.

You could Zenith Wasitora, Cat Dragon Queen. That Card ist so funny i can see me testing her l,too

I played Rhinos last week and that was just: rhino-push-rhino-push. No Fun at all.

Dec 2013

I played Rhinos last week and that was just: rhino-push-rhino-push. No Fun at all.
    You should have gone rhino-push-rhino-push-rhino. That's why you run 4. And GSZ. And Library/Guile.

Isn't there some 5 mana Gxy creature so you can GSZ it? I get that Verdurous Gearhulk may not be all that great at the moment b/c of Kolaghan's Command, but there were some others mentioned a few pages back I believe. Kalonian Hydra was one, I think. It's 8/8 trample the first time it turns sideways, 16/16 the second.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Oh that Hydra is something i could see me looking into. It has to survive until tue next turn, but if she does she goes over almost everything.

May 2013
    Paris, France

Oh that Hydra is something i could see me looking into. It has to survive until tue next turn, but if she does she goes over almost everything.
    I also mentioned good old Chameleon Colossus (with kalonian Hydra) and I have troubles to choose between one or the other.

Chameleon does not care about Gurmag, Strix, BSK's token and DRS (not to mention dismember, push) and can push the last points of damage against Marit Lage whereas Kalonian tramples over almost everything (MoR, TNN) but needs a full turn to be THE DEAL.

More feedbacks will be necessary and I cannot see playing two beaters unfortunately.

Would Food Chain and Eternal Scourge be good in this shell? It seems very good on paper. FC is very hard to deal with. Also mixing up some GSZ with Eldritch Evolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    You should have gone rhino-push-rhino-push-rhino. That's why you run 4. And GSZ. And Library/Guile.

Isn't there some 5 mana Gxy creature so you can GSZ it? I get that Verdurous Gearhulk may not be all that great at the moment b/c of Kolaghan's Command, but there were some others mentioned a few pages back I believe. Kalonian Hydra was one, I think. It's 8/8 trample the first time it turns sideways, 16/16 the second.
    Did we ever try Plated Crusher? Too expensive?

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    I also mentioned good old Chameleon Colossus (with kalonian Hydra) and I have troubles to choose between one or the other.

Chameleon does not care about Gurmag, Strix, BSK's token and DRS (not to mention dismember, push) and can push the last points of damage against Marit Lage whereas Kalonian tramples over almost everything (MoR, TNN) but needs a full turn to be THE DEAL.

More feedbacks will be necessary and I cannot see playing two beaters unfortunately.
    I play Chameleon off and on. It's really good. It threatens being an 8/8 at minimum, and it has protection from the color of the best creatures and the best removal. If you get it later in the game it can threaten being a 16/16. It's really hard to block outside of Young Pyromancer/TNN doing things.

Dec 2013

Plated Crusher is definetely too expensive.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16595&d=302622&f=LE

This Rector build made Top 8 of a small tournament in France. Lot of spice in there.

If you want a hexproof trample Monster look out for the T-Rex from Ixalan. It has cmc 6 with only 2 green and stats of 7/6. Can not be countered, too. Thrunosaurus Rex.

yeah Carnage Tyrant looks excellent for us. As far as other zenithable 5-drops go, Titania and Thragtusk are both pretty solid. In white there's obviously also Sigarda - blue doesn't have much for additional options - red has the new Wasitora, Samut and Xenagod, all of which are probably not quite good enough though.

Quote Originally Posted by crowe_1 View Post
    http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16595&d=302622&f=LE

This Rector build made Top 8 of a small tournament in France. Lot of spice in there.
    Yes, it's mine. Still work in progress ^^
    I can do the report later if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysse95 View Post
    Yes, it's mine. Still work in progress ^^
    I can do the report later if you want.
    Great work sir! Glad to see the original nyx fit tinkerer still doing well and throwing around some spice.

Glad to see -1 GSZ, full playset of Lingering Souls, and 3 Evo Leaps. I have felt that focusing more on the engine would do well.

Curious if you had any trouble against Storm/Combo due to lack of mainboard hate such as Dovescape/Leyline/Curse of Exhaustion. Was Curse of Predation any help in aggroing out with spirits? Curse of Misfortunes work well?

Suppose this might be answered in a report :)

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    Great work sir! Glad to see the original nyx fit tinkerer still doing well and throwing around some spice.

Glad to see -1 GSZ, full playset of Lingering Souls, and 3 Evo Leaps. I have felt that focusing more on the engine would do well.

Curious if you had any trouble against Storm/Combo due to lack of mainboard hate such as Dovescape/Leyline/Curse of Exhaustion. Was Curse of Predation any help in aggroing out with spirits? Curse of Misfortunes work well?

I am also curious about the land enchantment... i don't get it

I also very much like the proactive gameplan with full set of souls and tripple leaps for consistency. I'd like to hear your reasoning of your pay off cards too!

Ixalan Spoiler for another T-Rex. Some User of MTGS seems to have figured out what he does.

Regisaur Alpha

Dinosaurs you control have haste

When Regisaur alpha enters the battlefield
    Create a 3/3 Green Dinosaur creature token
    with trample

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post

Yeah, lingering souls are really very polyvalent. Some times they buy you time, some time they agro your opponnent to death or just deal with a planeswalker. And some times they are card advantage with evo.

Curse of predation is a house. With an open way (cabal) and 4 spirits, it's a 2 turns clock. With Living plane it's huge too. Sort of combo with Finks whom can already give life and 2 creatures with leap. But not totally sure about him yet.

I think that the mainboard hate you mention are too slow in the end. So what's the point.
    In fact I was against TES on my first round. I was really lucky I think...

Curse of Misfortune got the slot of Starfield. Same CCM, get CA to the field on his own, it isn't GY dependant and get Death's hold and Splendor which are combo on there own. + Curse of predation has a bonus time or sometime as a first target depending on the game state. With 1 rector you get 2/3 usefull enchants already !
    Starfield wasn't that good in this shell because deed is not as relevant as before, as the other use and trash enchantements set. And without them, starfield is often irrelevant... Witness can do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    I am also curious about the land enchantment... i don't get it

I also very much like the proactive gameplan with full set of souls and tripple leaps for consistency. I'd like to hear your reasoning of your pay off cards too!
    The land enchantement is a ramp card that go over STE since we don't want to cross him in a leap. Plus it can protect our few non basic lands. But it's still in testing. Don't know yet what the slot will be. Want to try utopia sprawl (T3 Lost legacy / Lingering / or quick Sorrow against Elves). Or if deed come back, should put a sorcery ramp card perhaps...

I was disappointed by Nodes... I used to play 2 toxic but sometimes life cost is just too high... Will try drown in sorrow.

I liked Mirri's guile, but wasn't enought... I wanted to switch with scroll rack but had only one at the moment.
    Scroll rack is huge here. Often you draw your curses or basic that you want to tutor in... And it's really powerfull with leap (trashing away the cards you don't want like BS + cascade). As you can get back cards from leap+lingering and have a quite hight curve (4 rector, Living plane and 3 5+ curses), you often get some cards in hand.

Sorrin did his job: gain life + tokens to leap. Sometimes an emblem for a fast souls clock...

So the report!

Monthly tournament of a parisian shop with 29 players.
    My list as above: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16595&d=302622&f=LE

R1: TES 2/1

On the 1, he probed me and I wasn't a threat. So I took his time I think. He discarded me with duress a trace of abundance over a leap to slow me down. I already had Mirri's guile on the field and get my vet and then my cabal... His 2nd duress had no hit. And a quick Living plane combo gave me the win.
    The 2nd he T1 22 gob for the win.
    The 3d I cabal T1 on burning wish and got 2 of them. Then Mirri got me surgical and another cabal get is last way of killing me: the tendrils that he had in hand... (had lost legacy on top either way..)

R2: BUG Fit Walkers 2/0

It was a friend of mine new to the deck and that I beat to the ground a few days before with Cruel Reality MD... So I had the psychological edge ;)
    The 2 games his Garruck was useless. Liliana or Jace either.
    I got him with the curse combo.

R3: Moon Moon 0/2

An other teamate who won the tournament in the end.
    We were both conscient that I had a quite good match up. But one game I never find a sac outlet for a vet and a rector on the table. His clock went faster. With chandra + fiery confl on the first. Hazoreth + Fiery on the 2 (I didn't get that all his damage effect are none targeting and so I put in useless leylines ... ^^')

R4: Aggro Loam : 2/0

And again a teamate... One of the two of us get of the top with this round..
    Lily was quite useless with lingerin souls.
    I got with living plane + splendor on a game and living plane + predatory curse on the other one I think.
    Remember that a leyline helped me on the 2.

R5: RUW blade : 2/0 9 points.

Against a very sympathic player I often met.
    I'm 7th, is 8th, so we have to play because there's players with 7 points.
    Cabal was a house with stoneforge and everything. Splendor... overwhelming (tutor resolves into splendor: your Jitte has counter but don't do a shit, as your fetch by the way). Or Death Hold on a board state with TNN, Pyro and his elementals..

TOP 8
    The others did ID so I ended first of the board.
    I met ... Zombardement.

1/4: Zombardement 0/2

Easy win I thought but I got really unlucky I think. I got really slow at the first. And didn't get what missed to me even with Mirri's Guile until he put a sac/discard loop to block my draw step (just when I finally found a rector..)
    The 2nd one I kept a cocky hand with 3 surgical. He didn't drew anu GY interaction before he find a cabal... My witness was enought to stall the board but he got 2 DRS which basiclly killed me... And he wasted my tower with his only wasteland like 1 turn before I got a rector (with only 4 mana on the field). It was my last turn to do something...
    Splendor would have win me this game at least...

So, happy to do top 8 with this new shell in progress but a bit sad with the ending.

The tournament ended with my two loss in final: Moon Moon against Zombardement ! Quite unusual!! :D

And here is what I want to try next with this experiment (but I will give a try to a Sneak Fit version before that and perhaps a GB agro crop version):

1 [R] Bayou
    1 [UNH] Plains
    1 [R] Savannah
    1 [R] Scrubland
    1 [CS] Snow-Covered Plains (just because mine is pretty)
    2 [US] Phyrexian Tower
    3 [UNH] Swamp
    4 [UNH] Forest
    4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
    4 [] Windswept Heath
    1 [] Eternal Witness
    4 [UD] Academy Rector
    4 [] Veteran Explorer
    2 [TE] Scroll Rack
    1 [ISD] Curse of Death's Hold
    1 [DKA] Curse of Misfortunes
    1 [C13] Curse of Predation
    1 [LG] Living Plane
    1 [] Overwhelming Splendor
    2 [] Cast Out
    2 [] Ghostly Prison
    3 [] Evolutionary Leap
    3 [DIS] Utopia Sprawl
    2 [BNG] Drown in Sorrow
    3 [MBS] Green Sun's Zenith
    4 [JU] Cabal Therapy
    4 [DKA] Lingering Souls
    SB: 2 [BNG] Spirit of the Labyrinth
    SB: 3 [M11] Leyline of Sanctity
    SB: 1 [] Containment Priest
    SB: 3 [NPH] Surgical Extraction
    SB: 3 [] Lost Legacy
    SB: 2 [US] Carpet of Flowers
    SB: 1 [] Pernicious Deed

Dec 2013

I'm looking forward to see what other toys Ixalan might bring us. Also, dinosaurs.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Thread Information