Page 103 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 4171

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysse95 View Post
    Yeah, lingering souls are really very polyvalent. Some times they buy you time, some time they agro your opponnent to death or just deal with a planeswalker. And some times they are card advantage with evo.

Curse of predation is a house. With an open way (cabal) and 4 spirits, it's a 2 turns clock. With Living plane it's huge too. Sort of combo with Finks whom can already give life and 2 creatures with leap. But not totally sure about him yet.

I think that the mainboard hate you mention are too slow in the end. So what's the point.
    In fact I was against TES on my first round. I was really lucky I think...

Curse of Misfortune got the slot of Starfield. Same CCM, get CA to the field on his own, it isn't GY dependant and get Death's hold and Splendor which are combo on there own. + Curse of predation has a bonus time or sometime as a first target depending on the game state. With 1 rector you get 2/3 usefull enchants already !
    Starfield wasn't that good in this shell because deed is not as relevant as before, as the other use and trash enchantements set. And without them, starfield is often irrelevant... Witness can do the job.

The land enchantement is a ramp card that go over STE since we don't want to cross him in a leap. Plus it can protect our few non basic lands. But it's still in testing. Don't know yet what the slot will be. Want to try utopia sprawl (T3 Lost legacy / Lingering / or quick Sorrow against Elves). Or if deed come back, should put a sorcery ramp card perhaps...

I was disappointed by Nodes... I used to play 2 toxic but sometimes life cost is just too high... Will try drown in sorrow.

I liked Mirri's guile, but wasn't enought... I wanted to switch with scroll rack but had only one at the moment.
    Scroll rack is huge here. Often you draw your curses or basic that you want to tutor in... And it's really powerfull with leap (trashing away the cards you don't want like BS + cascade). As you can get back cards from leap+lingering and have a quite hight curve (4 rector, Living plane and 3 5+ curses), you often get some cards in hand.

Sorrin did his job: gain life + tokens to leap. Sometimes an emblem for a fast souls clock...

So the report!

Monthly tournament of a parisian shop with 29 players.
    My list as above: http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=16595&d=302622&f=LE

R1: TES 2/1

On the 1, he probed me and I wasn't a threat. So I took his time I think. He discarded me with duress a trace of abundance over a leap to slow me down. I already had Mirri's guile on the field and get my vet and then my cabal... His 2nd duress had no hit. And a quick Living plane combo gave me the win.
    The 2nd he T1 22 gob for the win.
    The 3d I cabal T1 on burning wish and got 2 of them. Then Mirri got me surgical and another cabal get is last way of killing me: the tendrils that he had in hand... (had lost legacy on top either way..)

R2: BUG Fit Walkers 2/0

It was a friend of mine new to the deck and that I beat to the ground a few days before with Cruel Reality MD... So I had the psychological edge ;)
    The 2 games his Garruck was useless. Liliana or Jace either.
    I got him with the curse combo.

R3: Moon Moon 0/2

An other teamate who won the tournament in the end.
    We were both conscient that I had a quite good match up. But one game I never find a sac outlet for a vet and a rector on the table. His clock went faster. With chandra + fiery confl on the first. Hazoreth + Fiery on the 2 (I didn't get that all his damage effect are none targeting and so I put in useless leylines ... ^^')

R4: Aggro Loam : 2/0

And again a teamate... One of the two of us get of the top with this round..
    Lily was quite useless with lingerin souls.
    I got with living plane + splendor on a game and living plane + predatory curse on the other one I think.
    Remember that a leyline helped me on the 2.

R5: RUW blade : 2/0 9 points.

Against a very sympathic player I often met.
    I'm 7th, is 8th, so we have to play because there's players with 7 points.
    Cabal was a house with stoneforge and everything. Splendor... overwhelming (tutor resolves into splendor: your Jitte has counter but don't do a shit, as your fetch by the way). Or Death Hold on a board state with TNN, Pyro and his elementals..

TOP 8
    The others did ID so I ended first of the board.
    I met ... Zombardement.

1/4: Zombardement 0/2

Easy win I thought but I got really unlucky I think. I got really slow at the first. And didn't get what missed to me even with Mirri's Guile until he put a sac/discard loop to block my draw step (just when I finally found a rector..)
    The 2nd one I kept a cocky hand with 3 surgical. He didn't drew anu GY interaction before he find a cabal... My witness was enought to stall the board but he got 2 DRS which basiclly killed me... And he wasted my tower with his only wasteland like 1 turn before I got a rector (with only 4 mana on the field). It was my last turn to do something...
    Splendor would have win me this game at least...

So, happy to do top 8 with this new shell in progress but a bit sad with the ending.

The tournament ended with my two loss in final: Moon Moon against Zombardement ! Quite unusual!! :D

And here is what I want to try next with this experiment (but I will give a try to a Sneak Fit version before that and perhaps a GB agro crop version):

1 [R] Bayou
    1 [UNH] Plains
    1 [R] Savannah
    1 [R] Scrubland
    1 [CS] Snow-Covered Plains (just because mine is pretty)
    2 [US] Phyrexian Tower
    3 [UNH] Swamp
    4 [UNH] Forest
    4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
    4 [] Windswept Heath
    1 [] Eternal Witness
    4 [UD] Academy Rector
    4 [] Veteran Explorer
    2 [TE] Scroll Rack
    1 [ISD] Curse of Death's Hold
    1 [DKA] Curse of Misfortunes
    1 [C13] Curse of Predation
    1 [LG] Living Plane
    1 [] Overwhelming Splendor
    2 [] Cast Out
    2 [] Ghostly Prison
    3 [] Evolutionary Leap
    3 [DIS] Utopia Sprawl
    2 [BNG] Drown in Sorrow
    3 [MBS] Green Sun's Zenith
    4 [JU] Cabal Therapy
    4 [DKA] Lingering Souls
    SB: 2 [BNG] Spirit of the Labyrinth
    SB: 3 [M11] Leyline of Sanctity
    SB: 1 [] Containment Priest
    SB: 3 [NPH] Surgical Extraction
    SB: 3 [] Lost Legacy
    SB: 2 [US] Carpet of Flowers
    SB: 1 [] Pernicious Deed
    Man, I really like your reasoning and deck construction. On one side I'm sad that you dont (need to) run Sandwurm Convergence since my deck is known as the #Würmmachine in our LGS. But on the other hand you play the reason I bought into this deck in the first place, Living plane.
    I like how you replaced Sandwurm Convergence with another card that can win on it's own, curse of misfortunes.
    My only worry with you list is, how do you deal with shamans? I never get to resolve a rector trigger versus shaman decks without running 6+ removals.

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    Man, I really like your reasoning and deck construction. On one side I'm sad that you dont (need to) run Sandwurm Convergence since my deck is known as the #Würmmachine in our LGS. But on the other hand you play the reason I bought into this deck in the first place, Living plane.
    I like how you replaced Sandwurm Convergence with another card that can win on it's own, curse of misfortunes.
    My only worry with you list is, how do you deal with shamans? I never get to resolve a rector trigger versus shaman decks without running 6+ removals.
    Yeah, it broke my heart to remove Sandwurm convergence too ;)

Shaman is the mean reason why I had 2 nodes... But yeah, it wasn't enough I think
    DRS is a plague!!
    Often I have to sac a rector on his turn (block, leap or tower), then play a new one on my turn to get through (leap helps a lot to get two of them)
    Otherwhile, I have to either read my opponnent to see if he would notice he can exile it to stiffle the ability (works to with needle. On the tournament, an opponnent played a 3 counters chalice and an other one at 1. Either was he thinking about deed or lingering, at a moment I had to go forward because of the board state which was dangerous to me but two cards in hand : a CCM 1 (Miiri's guile was it?) and finks. Chalice 1 is so often played that I don't think he would have missed it. But Finks... who play Finks nowaday? :D And yeah..it went through ^^

Edit:

And here come a polyvalent DRS hater :D
    And it helps a lot to cabal after it
    Last edited by Ulysse95; 08-23-2017 at 06:47 AM.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

I, for one, look forward to Jurassic Fit.

Play Deed. Nuke the World.
    Oct 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    I, for one, look forward to Jurassic Fit.
    It's a shame Allosaurus Rider is not an Elf Dinosaur Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysse95 View Post
    I think that the mainboard hate you mention are too slow in the end. So what's the point.
    In fact I was against TES on my first round. I was really lucky I think...
    I also missed out on mentioning Collective Brutality in my mainboard combo hate question. In general I've come to really like having a broader removal/interaction level.

I was having an absurd win percentage against ANT while I was playing Nyx Fit online - do you know your general matchup % against storm or other combo? I'm just having a hard time envisioning you not simply folding to it nearly every game 1 unless you've got some very nice luck. I hate having to rely entirely on games 2 and 3 cause at that point, a bad mulligan will just lose you the match. Dovescape has never failed me, just takes a single Rector trigger. What scares me about your list is that there is no mainboard rector target to win against those types of decks (although I see the testing of Ghostly Prison at least to cover some emptied warrens). Also no Deed is scary

Dovescape is nuts imo, if you already have an Evo Leap out then it is unstoppable.

But I do love Living Plane. Fondly recall Living Plane -> Doomwake Giant back when I was trying out more Starfield-oriented lists with Eidolon of Blossoms.

Thanks for the report!

Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Some older cards were in talks to be erated. So maybe.

If we get some tribal synergy Jurassic Fit could be something. That would be cool as hell. Some of them look playable and wen do not even know everyone Dino.

That spyglass is super. T1: chalice, T2: spyglass in fetchland

Quote Originally Posted by Dalton! View Post
    Some older cards were in talks to be erated. So maybe.

If we get some tribal synergy Jurassic Fit could be something. That would be cool as hell. Some of them look playable and wen do not even know everyone Dino.

That spyglass is super. T1: chalice, T2: spyglass in fetchland
    Spyglass isn't that great, there's already Pithing Needle for a mana less.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Spyglass isn't that great, there's already Pithing Needle for a mana less.
    Spyglass lets you look at their Hand before you name a card. Plays well with Cabal Therapy and lets you know if a fetchland would be a good target

Spyglass lets you look at their Hand before you name a card. Plays well with Cabal Therapy and lets you know if a fetchland would be a good target
    Trying to cut off a fetchland is rarely a winning strategy. The point of these types of cards isn't to play a gotcha, it's to answer something you would ordinarily have trouble answering. For example, if you name a fetchland all that happens is they Brainstorm them away, get some other lands instead, and still play their Jace, the Mind Sculptor that you can't answer, and needed the Spyglass to answer.

This goes double for Nic Fit where we give our opponents lands to fix any sort of manascrew shutting off a fetchland might cause.

If you're relying on this to see their hand in order to Therapy, that means you aren't casting the Therapy until at least turn 3 which is too late to do anything against the degenerate decks. On top of that, you shouldn't be relying on looking at their hand to make a Therapy name anyways. The same logic applies to Pithing Needles. You name the cards that are problematic, not the cards you know they have.

It's also slightly more resistant to our own Deeds which is a nice benefit. It's better than Needle against fair matchups but worse in unfair matchups.

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    I also missed out on mentioning Collective Brutality in my mainboard combo hate question. In general I've come to really like having a broader removal/interaction level.

I was having an absurd win percentage against ANT while I was playing Nyx Fit online - do you know your general matchup % against storm or other combo? I'm just having a hard time envisioning you not simply folding to it nearly every game 1 unless you've got some very nice luck. I hate having to rely entirely on games 2 and 3 cause at that point, a bad mulligan will just lose you the match. Dovescape has never failed me, just takes a single Rector trigger. What scares me about your list is that there is no mainboard rector target to win against those types of decks (although I see the testing of Ghostly Prison at least to cover some emptied warrens). Also no Deed is scary

Dovescape is nuts imo, if you already have an Evo Leap out then it is unstoppable.

But I do love Living Plane. Fondly recall Living Plane -> Doomwake Giant back when I was trying out more Starfield-oriented lists with Eidolon of Blossoms.

Thanks for the report!
    I tried Dovescape but didn't liked it. Perhaps it's just me. Good for you if it's great in your shell. Perhaps I could give it an other try someday...
    Yes, I agreed that early answers are a must. But couldn't fit everything in it fotr now...
    You always have at least one bad match up. So combo are mine, but I'm prepared for games 2 and 3. Even if cabal bye wins sometimes.

Yeah, as I got a lot of small permanents, deed seemed not as valuable than before. So I try without them for a while ;)

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

So... I just saw Haven Raptor from Ixalan. It's a 4 mana, 4/5 with Tough, which says "Whenever x is dealt damage, draw a card" and this made me think of... Pestilence.

Keep the board clean & draw more and more cards to keep in control.

What do you guys think? Viable tech or The Danger Of Cool Things? I'm leaning toward the latter, but I did want to throw this out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    So... I just saw Haven Raptor from Ixalan. It's a 4 mana, 4/5 with Tough, which says "Whenever x is dealt damage, draw a card" and this made me think of... Pestilence.

Keep the board clean & draw more and more cards to keep in control.

What do you guys think? Viable tech or The Danger Of Cool Things? I'm leaning toward the latter, but I did want to throw this out there.
    The fact that it's a 4 mana 4/5 is already pretty decent.
    If you're playing Crop Rotation it also combos with Arena or Desert.
    An issue with the card is that the Tough ability might not trigger enough to be worth it without playing some kind of way to ping it yourself, and Pestilence seems like a very awkward card to play in this deck (functionally it has a lot of overlap with Deed, so you don't want to play many copies of Deed + Pestilence because it will be too many sweepers, but you don't want to rely on Pestilence as a sweeper because it only kills creatures and can't be activated by any basic land except Swamp).
    Maybe it can work if you play more ways to get a larger payoff from Pestilence (like Hornet's Nest or something, which isn't even that good because Pestilence will only let you have 1 token at a time. I'm not sure that there is anything else, Fungusaur and Sprouting Phytohydra aren't exactly impressive)

Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    I hope they don't errata this, flavor wise it makes no sense. Allosaurus rider is the rider not the allosaurus. It's not like ponyback brigade is creature type pony goblin. Just saying, flavor matters.

I think that Raptor is a card you have to play as a 4 off. so he will be damaged. Always thought it was a 4/3.

Ulvenwald Tracker comes to my mind

Edit: Domri Rade as well.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Trying to cut off a fetchland is rarely a winning strategy. The point of these types of cards isn't to play a gotcha, it's to answer something you would ordinarily have trouble answering. For example, if you name a fetchland all that happens is they Brainstorm them away, get some other lands instead, and still play their Jace, the Mind Sculptor that you can't answer, and needed the Spyglass to answer.
    Brainstorm gets significantly worse when fetchlands are disabled. If they don't have different types of fetchlands in their hand / top 3, they are essentially locked out of the game. Also, looking at someone's hand isn't just a benefit for the Needle effect. It helps you guide your strategy for the game and gives you emergent knowledge.

Ancient Tomb - Chalice 1 and Ancient Tomb - Spyglass fetch will soon hit legacy tournaments near you

Dec 2013

Maybe we'll get some more worthwhile creatures with Tough.

I guess we'll need to... tough... it out for the time being.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Ixalan Spoiler for another T-Rex. Some User of MTGS seems to have figured out what he does.

Regisaur Alpha

Dinosaurs you control have haste

When Regisaur alpha enters the battlefield
    Create a 3/3 Green Dinosaur creature token
    with trample
    Do you have a link to this spoiler?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[Primer] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Maybe we'll get some more worthwhile creatures with Tough.

I guess we'll need to... tough... it out for the time being.
    Sign me up for PestilenceFit. Or perhabs withering whisps with snow basics.
    Last edited by JackaBo; 08-24-2017 at 11:21 AM.

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    Sugen me up for PestilenceFit. Or perhabs withering whisps with snow basics.
    Pestilence Park Fit? PP Fit for short.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Thread Information