Page 11 of 208 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Play Deed. Nuke the World.
    Oct 2010

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    5 mana by T3 is ok but it's a bit slow, our Phyrexian Tower openings already allow for 5 mana on T2.
    T1 Land, Explorer
    T2 Tower, sac Explorer. That generates 3BB.

Crop Rotation also works in this opening because you go
    T1 Land, Explorer
    T2 Land, Crop Rotation, get Tower, sac Explorer.

Alternatively, you can go
    T1 Land, GSZ for Dryad Arbor
    T2 Tower (or Rotation into Tower)

This generates 1BBG on T2.
    Gotcha ... wait, Crop Rotation is a viable option now? . . . that's actually pretty good with Rallier.

T1 G Source, Vet
    T2 P.Tower-->Vet Trigger-->G Source and W Source (GGBBW Available)-->Crop Rotation (P.Tower-->V.Stronghold)-->Rallier (P.Tower)

Five mana if you need a X = 2 Deed, or the Two Towers synergy assembled.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

I don't think Rallier is something we particularly care for. The most important cheap cards for us are our spells (CT/PtE/StP/AD), our most important permanents cost >2. Rallier help you with neither.
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

MTGO name: Aggro4Life

Aug 2016
    Arizona, USA

https://www.twitch.tv/mdhackbert

I did some streaming tonight of SneakFit. I played through a League. There is no audio except for the music that didn't get cut out.
    I won Rd 1 against Miracles with both of us nearly timing out.
    I then proceeded to lose 4 in a row against Elves, Bug Delver, Burn, and another Miracles.
    I'm sure there were loads of misplays and bad lines. I never claimed to be an expert. :-)

If you watch, I hope you find it entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicLevelCommoner View Post
    Gotcha ... wait, Crop Rotation is a viable option now? . . . that's actually pretty good with Rallier.
    It's something a few of us have been trying. It's not the best card ever but it's still pretty good. It works great in conjunction with Cabal Therapy to clear the way to cast it.

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    I don't think Rallier is something we particularly care for. The most important cheap cards for us are our spells (CT/PtE/StP/AD), our most important permanents cost >2. Rallier help you with neither.
    Agreed, I don't think the card does anything that we can't already do with Eternal Witness outside of a Pod list.

Played 3 sloppy rounds yesterday. 2-1, lost to a 4 color cascade deck that was going bananas using Library, Bloodbraid Elf, & Shardless.

Second week in a row that I've lost to the guy on Cascade. Both weeks he's been able to close out the game on the back of a Creeing Tar Pit. I misplayed a bunch last night, so in the end it's my fault that I was in that position.

I was able to rattle off a win vs Omnitell. G1 I got to Show & Tell in a Grave Titan. G2 Kambal was just enough thanks to his Ancient Tombs.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by MDHackbert View Post
    https://www.twitch.tv/mdhackbert

I did some streaming tonight of SneakFit. I played through a League. There is no audio except for the music that didn't get cut out.
    I won Rd 1 against Miracles with both of us nearly timing out.
    I then proceeded to lose 4 in a row against Elves, Bug Delver, Burn, and another Miracles.
    I'm sure there were loads of misplays and bad lines. I never claimed to be an expert. :-)

If you watch, I hope you find it entertaining.
    Watched through quickly and typed up some thoughts for you. Hope they help!

elves:

Good reason to run pyroclasm (also delver). Definitely board in Thoughtseize, espeically on the play. OK to shave a Top vs Elves. Your goal vs any combo deck is to become a combo/control deck with all combo cards in the deck and all disruption cards in the deck.

Nothing you could've done g1 -- your draw just lined up poorly vs his, and your hand wasn't one that I would've mulled.

If you think you're going to swing with Vet on a given turn, always do that first and then do your things in main 2. In game two, you Zenith for Deathrite before swinging. If you swing and he blocks, you can instead Z@3 or play Deed with 1 mana open, both of which are better plays.

Game two you got pretty mana flooded -- personally I think I would've mulled your opening hand, but that doesn't change that you could've benefited from some better draw steps.

Vs BUG Delver:

Game 1. I like leading with Top, and you're fine with Explorer getting Dazed there. No land on top 3 is unfortunate. Agree with running out Zenith@1 -- you can expect it to get countered but you really need that shuffle, so the upside of it resolving is large enough to gamble it.

The turn you drew the Verdant, I would've fetched into Therapy on Gurmag Angler or Delver. Not sure why he wasted Volrath's, but...sure? Don't like the basic Swamp fetch. He used one Wasteland already and you can't be afraid of a second. Sometimes you just get double Wasted out of the game and it sucks, but with your hand's texture, it's not reasonable to play around the possibility of the second.

You're topping on upkeep too much. You also definitely should've taken the Thragtusk, not the third Therapy. Also, at the point at which you took said Therapy, you should've led with Therapy on Fatal Push and then played Explorer. It still probably would've gotten Decayed, but you didn't know about that.

I'd have played Thrag instead of Pulse. You need board presence -- if he trades, you're left with a 3/3 on open board, if he doesn't, you pulse next turn and swing in for 5 (well, before the TNN, anyway). Should name Decay on the flashback Therapy instead of Daze. If you draw something you're worried about him having Force for, you have another two Therapies in the graveyard. Decay hits a lot more relevant cards by itself than Daze does.

No reason to not play the Rec Sage the turn you drew the Sneak Attack. You want to sac it to Therapy to clear the way for Sneak next turn, so pay the mana forward now.

The fetch was bad. It put him from a 2-turn clock to a 1-turn clock. The fringe % of drawing a combo piece isn't worth losing another draw step, especially when you were guaranteed to resolve Sneak Attack due to the sandbagged Therapies.

I don't like boarding in the Golgari Charms. He doesn't have Young Pyro, so not sure what you're trying to hit. TNN, I guess? That seems worse than leaving the third Deed in. Thoughtseize and Carpet of Flowers are both much more relevant, and Surgical is always fine vs Delver if you have more things you want to board out (note that I've had problems finding room for Surgicals vs Delver as well, something that I'm still considering / looking into). You want to consider Surgical vs Delver because information is very important in the matchup, and Surgical gives you info while removing something that's problematic, making Gurmag cost more and/or countering Deathrite Shaman activations, and also gaining fringe value at hitting with Cabal Therapy vs Brainstorm -- lots of little things that add up nicely.

Losing the Sneak to Hymn is unfortunate odds. I probably would've just jammed an Empath the turn previous for a Bellower or a Titan. Wouldn't have really mattered because of the second Hymn, but you would've had another 1/1 at least.

That's a really aggressive Volrath's. You'll get more opportunities to get an Empath back later -- you need draw steps right now. It's not the worst thing I've ever seen, but it's not what I would've done. At least see what you draw and then evaluate -- a problem that I've noticed with your play in general is that you're trying to force being too proactive and as a result you're not being proactive enough. You lose a lot of mana advantage and tempo advantage by upkeeping instead of end-stepping. It shifts your entire game tempo into an awkward momentum which tends to line up poorly vs a lot of decks. There are certainly times where it's correct to upkeep do things, but not as much as you're currently doing (or from what I'm seeing in this video anyway)

Burn:

You're getting super punished for not winning the die roll. Sometimes that happens.

Don't like the Punishing Fire at all. You want to punish the Goblin Guide and then untap into Pulse on Swiftspears. If he has mono-gas in hand you're dead anyway.

As it turns out, he has mono-gas in hand and you're dead. Happens.

Board in Thoughtseize!!! If you Thoughtseize a Lightning Bolt, you've just gained 1 life. If you hit a Price of Progress, Fireblast, Goblin Guide, or etc, you gain a lot more than 1. Your /fail case/ is that you gain 1 life by casting it, and it can easily be better.

Why are you boarding out Vets? You're not going to be fast enough to Sneak Attack him without Vet, and you're ill equipped to play the fair game here because you don't have Rhinos. Golgari Charm doesn't do anything -- it kills exactly Sulfuric Vortex, and you already have Rec Sage +4 Zenith +2 Bellower for that.

Example on Thoughtseize: if you drew Thoughtseize instead of Golgari Charm, you would've taken the Lava Spike, let's say. You gain 1 from that exchange, and then 2 more from the Prowess triggers that he wouldn't have gotten. That's a full +3 -- one whole burn spell he doesn't cast!

Oh, he has Fireblast? If you get to take that, you gain +4 instead of +2 from the Charm, and that was a rare time where Charm was good because he had multiple creatures. Usually they only have one creature and a bunch of spells, which makes Charm even worse.

Miracles:

Why are you topping on your upkeep?!?!?

I like burning a Zenith for the Deathrite. Sets up for Sneak or makes him burn a removal spell / counter.

Don't you fucking Top on your upkeep. Don't you do it!

You did it.

If you'd just drawn naturally you would've been able to play Sneak, and he only has 5 in hand...which, if he has Force, then you Zenith for Eternal Witness to get back Sneak.

No reason to not take the Foothills imo. Keep making your land drops -- you can always tap your 2nd Top to draw Empath EoT to do nonsense.

Wait. Why are you Zenithing? I would've definitely played Sneak there, which would've gotten the Force anyway, but that's fine because we have the answer for it.

I would've gotten Inferno with the Empath trigger because then you threaten his Jace on a land drop. Emrakul is pretty far away from happening unless you Top into another Sneak.

Definitely would've EoT Decayed counterbalance before untapping into Thragtusk. No reason to not remove his interaction here. If he has maindeck Mentors (which is unlikely with the card we've seen so far), you have a Deed floating on top of your deck anyway to clean it up.

You definitely try to just win here. He has 1 in hand and if he doesn't have the counter, you win on the spot. You can't really afford to sit around here. There's a fairly large percent of playing this deck that involves slamming wincons and demanding that they have the answer. You win a lot of games because they just flat out don't have it. Sometimes they do, but you can't let the fear rule you.

You tapped badly for the Sneak Attack. You should've left double red mana open so you can Sneak Emrakul, then when he Karakases it, you can re-Sneak it.

This is a good example of why it's correct to not give them infinite time and just slam the Sneak asap and rely on recursion if they have the answer. You gave him so much time that he got to set up another Counterbalance with multiple fetches in play, which allowed him to CB your Sneak (which now he's just going to float the Jace and you're not going to resolve another Sneak without removal, but you're also being pressured by the Jace at this point).

Honestly, at this point, I'd just concede and go to game 2. You need to win two games in ~11 minutes, which is going to be a bit tricky. Not impossible, but tricky. This game is out of your reach at this point.

Punishing Fire is good here! It cleans up Cliques, Mentor poops, and Jaces very well. Therapy is much worse. I'd take out all 4 Therapies to leave in both Punishing Fires and also to bring in the two Surgicals. You want to look at taking out their StP, Forces, and Terminuses with them, because they're going to have to use those cards to stay alive and without them, they have a hard time living.

Again, you definitely slam a Sneak there. You have a backup copy, so you don't care if he has Counterspell. If he doesn't, then hey! Good times. If he has Force, that's even better because you 2-for-1 him and have a backup still.

Yeah, you're giving him way too much time again. Now he has a Mentor in play, so when he Forces he gets value out of it. Would've been much better if he'd burned that Force two turns ago when he didn't have a board presence. You're probably just going to get run over now.

Feb 2015
    Italy

Arian can you post your most recent sneak fit list? I'm gonna try it again this evening, thanks!

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by rubblekill View Post
    Arian can you post your most recent sneak fit list? I'm gonna try it again this evening, thanks!
    4 Veteran Explorer
    1 Deathrite Shaman
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Fierce Empath
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Primeval Titan
    1 Inferno Titan
    1 Woodland Bellower
    1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 Green Sun's Zenith

3 Punishing Fire
    2 Abrupt Decay

4 Sneak Attack
    3 Pernicious Deed

3 Sensei's Divining Top

2 Nissa, Vital Force

3 Grove of the Burnwillows
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    3 Bayou
    1 Taiga
    1 Badlands
    3 Forest
    2 Mountain
    1 Swamp
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Wooded Foothills

sb::
    3 Surgical Extraction
    1 Reclamation Sage
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Pyroclasm
    2 Slaughter Games
    1 Tireless Tracker
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    2 To the Slaughter

Only notable change has been to cut the 2nd Deathrite in favor of the 2nd Nissa because the format has slowed down a little (and Nissa is pretty busted in the deck). You could very easily keep the 2nd Shaman instead of the 2nd Nissa -- it's not clear to me that this change is correct for the overall meta and might just be my local favoring the 2nd Nissa.

Feb 2015
    Italy

[Primer] Nic Fit

Thanks! I'll have some fun with it later

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    Watched through quickly and typed up some thoughts for you. Hope they help!
    I would seriously reconsider streaming more if I could get such good critique each time. Arianrhod's a beast.

@MDHackbert, I've followed you and will try to tune in if I see that you are streaming. I've heard rumors of a few other Sneak Fitters online.

I haven't played a ton lately but have enjoyed Massacre Wurm in the main. Very convenient against the bug infestation - there are times you really need to kill some number of evasive threats, and the wurm takes out all DRS, TNN, Delver.

MTGO name: Aggro4Life

Aug 2016
    Arizona, USA

@Arianrhod Thanks for the raw honest feedback. I'll read it again while watching my own vid to line things up. Next time i sneak, I'll look into your list. I built this one before i had Nissas online.

@rubblekill Thanks for the follow! Sorry you came in at the end.

@square_two Thanks for the follow!

I think next stream may be a rhino build.

Sent from mobile.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    I would seriously reconsider streaming more if I could get such good critique each time. Arianrhod's a beast.

@MDHackbert, I've followed you and will try to tune in if I see that you are streaming. I've heard rumors of a few other Sneak Fitters online.

I haven't played a ton lately but have enjoyed Massacre Wurm in the main. Very convenient against the bug infestation - there are times you really need to kill some number of evasive threats, and the wurm takes out all DRS, TNN, Delver.
    I can't promise you'd get it every time, but I'm glad to provide thoughts like that when I'm able to. Just give me a vid and I'll go nuts.

We may be entering a world (or have already done so) where Massacre Wurm is better than Inferno Titan. Inferno has done a ton of work for me, but there's an increasingly large number of decks where Sneaking Massacre is a flat kill, as opposed to just a large point swing. Inferno is still better at the fair game, but it may be that the deck is sufficiently tuned to fair decks in the main at this point (or at least mine with 2x Nissa, maindeck Primeval, and Meren as backup plans) that losing a few percentage points in some matchups to pick up a lot in others may be worth it.

Played three games with Nyx Fit today.

Game 1: Esper Stoneblade

He loses. He had a Jace active for like six turns, but there's only so many answers for Starfield/Sigarda/Doomwake/etc in a deck, and when he eventually slammed Supreme Verdict and a Vindicate for Starfield, I had Rector into Tower for second Starfield, into Doomwake - Living Plane.

Game 2 - UW Stoneblade
    See above, only more so. Stoneblade is such a bye for us. Deed is absurd.

Game 3 - Lands
    Lost game 1 to the traditional early Port into Waste into Marit Lage. If you ever get the opportunity, slamming Rector is plan A. After sideboard, it helps to mulligan for sideboard cards. Even if you have Therapy into Zenith into Rector, you'll get Ported and Wasted, lose Therapy to Bog, be unable to sac Veteran and never resolve any of your 4-drops because you didn't mulligan for hate and got fucked because you didn't find a Leyline or Humility.

To Ulysse95, Navsi, and other Nyx Fitters: I just wanted to say how appreciative I am for your work on this deck. Since sleeving it up, I've never had more fun playing Legacy, and I've benefited so much from your continued efforts to refine it. Thank you.

I piloted the deck to an abysmal 0-5-1 finish at Eternal Weekend in Columbus, Ohio a few months back. After my first few losses (to Eldrazi, Burn, and Storm), I began to be paired increasingly with other renegade decks I wasn't as sure how to combat, like blue Painter and 12-Post, and this only exacerbated my own frequent mistakes (especially with regard to sideboarding and mulliganing, my Achilles heels). However, I have no doubt as to this deck's power and potential in more capable hands. And I did at least get to live the dream against 12-Post: Humility, into Curse of Death's Hold, into Living Plane. My opponent sheepishly drew cards for a few turns—not because he had any outs, he said, but because he wanted to let the moment linger. What a swell guy.

In recent playtesting, I went 1-5 in games against Grixis Delver (a surprisingly tough match-up, I've found), and 3-0 in games against Infect (where Cabal Therapy and Deed showed up regularly for me). I've noticed a huge difference since including Sigarda as a Zenithable, resilient, game-ending threat. She's also terrific at stabilizing against fliers like Delver or Inkmoth.

As I've learned the deck, I've discovered several interactions you fellas may already know, but which bear repeating:

• If we have Starfield and Parallax Wave in play, and Parallax Wave is down to zero counters: at the beginning of our upkeep, both cards will trigger, and we can stack the triggers in the order we like. However, we must pick a target for the Starfield trigger when it is created; we cannot wait to resolve Parallax Wave's trigger before we choose the target for Starfield. Starfield is therefore unable to recur Parallax Wave on the very same turn it goes to the graveyard. This leaves us open to one turn of potential attack from our opponent's creatures.

• Living Plane and Nether Void cannot exist on the battlefield simultaneously, since they are both World Enchantments. Whichever enters the battlefield second will send the other to the graveyard.

• Nether Void functions as a triggered ability, not an alternate or additional cost (as per Trinisphere or Thalia). This means, in the first place, that we must remember our triggers, including for our own spells, or risk a judge's ire. It also means we can trick our opponents into paying for the triggers, in case they mistake the card for a Thalia effect. When they cast an uncounterable Abrupt Decay, Nether Void still triggers, and they are welcome to pay for that trigger if they so choose. It's worth indicating the trigger to see whether they pay for it, at least on the first attempt—sort of like casting Council's Judgment and asking the opponent, "Which card do you vote for?" If they move hastily and don't understand the card, they can really hurt themselves.

Speaking of Nether Void, mine should arrive in the mail tomorrow, and it will likely earn a permanent slot in my 75. Navsi, do you have any thoughts about in which match-ups Nether Void is useful, apart from the obvious Storm, Elves, and Burn? Do you bring (or leave) it in to slow down Delver decks that want to cast lots of cheap spells? How about Miracles, to thwart Top and Terminus (not that we care as much as most decks about Terminus)? And in which cases would you board it out?

For reference, my list is very much like the one in the new thread primer, but -1 Sensei's, +1 Sylvan Library main. My sideboard is 4 Leyline of the Void, 4 Leyline of Sanctity, 2 Carpet of Flowers, 1 Lost Legacy, 1 City of Solitude, 1 Seal of Primordium, 1 Humility, 1 Curse of Death's Hold.

Just give me a vid and I'll go nuts.
    So I have some video of me playing BUG fit on camera at a local tourney if you are interested. I also wouldn't mind some feed back.

Edit: I am on camera round 1 btw.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/118276586

Also there was a point I G sun'd for 5 and realized my thragtusk was missing.

List for reference

4 Veteran Explorer
    4 Baleful Strix
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    2 Nissa, Vital Force
    3 Fatal Push
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Pernicious Deed
    4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    4 Misty Rainforest
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Underground Sea
    2 Bayou
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Forest
    2 Island
    1 Swamp

4 Force of Will
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Vendilion Clique
    3 Lost Legacy
    1 To the Slaughter
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Caustic Caterpillar
    1 Painful Truths
    1 Golgari Charm
    1 Surgical Extraction

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

@ Massacre Wurm, it is a very tempting card, but to be honest, both Primeval Titan and Inferno Titan don't care about TNN, you can attack your opponent right thru it. Inferno Titan also takes care of other creatures aswell, if you haven't already with PFire. If you need a life swing, just grab a Tusk.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by mstephenson View Post
    So I have some video of me playing BUG fit on camera at a local tourney if you are interested. I also wouldn't mind some feed back.

Edit: I am on camera round 1 btw.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/118276586

Also there was a point I G sun'd for 5 and realized my thragtusk was missing.

List for reference

4 Veteran Explorer
    4 Baleful Strix
    4 Brainstorm
    2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    2 Nissa, Vital Force
    3 Fatal Push
    3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Pernicious Deed
    4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Thragtusk
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    4 Misty Rainforest
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Verdant Catacombs
    1 Underground Sea
    2 Bayou
    2 Tropical Island
    2 Forest
    2 Island
    1 Swamp

4 Force of Will
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Vendilion Clique
    3 Lost Legacy
    1 To the Slaughter
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Caustic Caterpillar
    1 Painful Truths
    1 Golgari Charm
    1 Surgical Extraction
    Adam Paquette zen lands are great!

Did you know what you were vs going in? Or blind? I like the aggressive Vets for g1 vs Miracles. They'll get in a bunch of damage unless he wants to waste removal or a Snapcaster. Just don't crack them!

He actually has a pretty weak hand. You're probably looking to flashback off of Strix to get something through the Force at this point. If he allows you to flashback unimpeded, I'd probably name the Snapcaster there, because it's his blue card for FoW and also doubles up on StP.

Saccing Explorer is pretty greedy here, but we'll see what you have to play off of it. You were basicaly priced into taking the Force because you cracked the Vet -- could've just played it slow.

On the flip side, Snap+Ponder is pretty aggressive from his end, so...cool?

Surprised he let the Jace resolve -- he Pondered a Force to the top but may have not had a blue, I guess? I can't see the hands very well. Oh, Mentor. He's planning on just going wide and killing it (and/or you).

I like the Deed into E.Wit line. Unfortunately you're going to lose your Jace, but Jace is an okay trade for basically all of his cards.

I don't think I would've taken the hit from his board to crack on endstep. He has few cards in hand, if he has like a Counterbalance or something, it'll be naked -- same with another Mentor. You know he has at least a StP in his hand, which is not threatening. With maindeck Mentor it's unlikely he has maindeck Cliques, but I'd still be a little worried about your life total at this point -- he could easily set up Entreat via Brainstorm or drawing a Top and oops you at this point.

Ah, there's the Zenith for 5. Surprised Thrag's not in for game 1, I assumed that would be a sideboard derp. Did you decline Meren's trigger? I didn't see you put anything into your hand on endstep.

Not entirely sure why your opponent isn't blind Counterbalancing, but...sure. I'm guessing you declared Deed@2 and he scooped to save time? Probably wise, but a bit unexpected.

G2:

Containment Priest isn't surprising to see -- a lot of Miracles players will board them in because they don't have a ton of other relevant things to bring in, and the marginal hope of clipping a Zenith with it is usually good enough for them. Here, he can ambush viper Jaces, which is also attractive.

The follow-up Mentor is why I probably wouldn't have Pushed the Priest, unless you were planning on Zenithing the following turn. Deluge is a fine answer there, although it would've been nice to hit both Priest and Mentor. Opponent may not have extended that far, though, not sure. Ah, you do have a Zenith in hand. Second Priest is brutal and unexpected, I would've played into that as well.

They just updated that apparently your opponent won game 1. Did he Counterbalance the Deed and just....didn't show the camera? Or something? Confused.

I feel like this is a danger of the Miracles decks with maindeck Mentors. The pilots who choose those specific builds tend to play their deck more like a top-heavy tempo deck than an actual control deck, and most of them are bad at pivoting. More saying that as something to keep in mind about the mindset of these players and how they'll likely sequence/use their cards. Like the EoT Snap+Brainstorm just to pressure your life total -- not saying it's incorrect by any stretch, but most Miracles players aren't going to do that. Maindeck Mentor players are more likely to, from what I've seen. I can't see your hand so I don't know what you could be doing differently, really...you seem pretty flooded though.

Honestly I would almost treat maindeck Mentor miracles players more like Stoneblade (specifically UW Stoneblade) than "miracles." He has a decent amount of pressure, a lot of interaction, and a couple of big scary threats (planeswalkers etc).

Big fight over Jace. Didn't expect you to have your own Forces, that's kind of sweet. To the Slaughter, trying to do the lord's work. He Brainstormed into double Force, though...

If you can hold out here, you should be able to stabilize soon. He's low on resources and you have a lot of cards in hand I think.

Now you're having the problem that BUG Fits always seem to have -- you're ahead in cards and resources but can't slam the door.

Regrowing Clique seems a lot worse than Deed@2 into +1 smack him to 3 (if he has StP you gain 5 and still threaten ult which seems great when you're at 2 -- like, StP is actively good for you atm).

If you'd +'d Nissa last turn you'd be able to -3 to regrow Deed this turn to clean up the Mentor :(

But apparently you win? Cool? I'm seriously missing some things that are going on here.

G3:

I skipped ahead a little to make sure there wasn't a G3, and then there was a G3, so I missed a little of the game early on.

...and I'm guessing that you ended in a draw?

------------------------------

List looks pretty great actually, although I'm still of the opinion that we're a BUG Sigarda equivalent away from this style of deck being actually very good. True-Name kind of works but isn't Zenithable...we really need a Zenithable non-white hexproof guy with evasion.

I'm not sure how I feel about your sideboard, but that's mostly because of some of the 1-ofs like Caterpillar (can't be better than Rec Sage) and Golgari Charm (which I kind of just dislike in general). Conceptually I like being able to have Force of Will + Lost Legacy and a couple of other things to clean up (Clique, Fluster, etc). I'm actually a little surprised that you boarded in the Forces looking at your board.

Wouldn't this be better?:

-4 Vet
    -4 Therapy

+3 Lost Legacy
    +1 To the Slaughter
    +1 Painful Truths
    +1 Clique
    +1 Caterpillar
    +1 Deluge

Now you're having the problem that BUG Fits always seem to have -- you're ahead in cards and resources but can't slam the door.
    Looks like the main threats are 2 Jace, 2 Nissa, and Thragtusk? Not sure how I'd consider Meren alone as a threat. That does seem pretty light. Maybe there is room for a Primeval Titan? Getting Stronghold in play with Strixes available sounds pretty great.

I'm planning on taking the Dragon Bug/4c Fit with me to my weekly local tomorrow (if it actually fires, people here are finicky). I love the idea of a playset of Intuition. Grab 3 Jace, Loam/land/Raven's Crime, or Haven/Dragon/Loam or Ugin which seems very flexible. Threats there are 3 Jace, 1 Nissa, 1 Ugin, 1 Ob Nixilis (I've seen Stryfo online with both Ob Nix ult and Nissa ult, it is hilarious), 2 Dragonlords. And full playset of DRS which can help speed up the clock if we are in a situation of being ahead on resources/board.

Skipped out on last weeks Legacy, may skip on it this week too. Just not having fun in the current local meta. Last Thursday it was apparently 3 Dredge, 3 Storm, 2 Eldrazi.

Been playing pickup games where I can though. Strangleroot Geist is performing great. A couple times I wish I still had Steve in the deck but overall it hasn't been a big deal.

Crop Rotation is performing great. At this point I think I'm going to declare that particular experiment over and firmly recommend the card. The actual land package you want is still up for debate but Crop Rotation improves your matchups across the board. The card does everything.

Very happy with my current build, but I'm also considering something more combo oriented with G1 Dark Depths and more Deeds. I haven't figured out the rest of the deck yet though. I'm finding 1 Deed to be too few, I think 2 is the right number for SE. Granted, I do have an extra in my sideboard for the times I want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Crop Rotation is performing great. At this point I think I'm going to declare that particular experiment over and firmly recommend the card.
    Are you running CR in the main now? I had thought that you'd shifted it to your side.

I've always liked Sylvan Safekeeper / Titania. Those two alongside CR and maybe a Cradle seems like Christmasland.

Thread Information