Page 111 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,220 of 4171

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

By extension there would be Sylvan Library, I reckon?
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    By extension there would be Sylvan Library, I reckon?
    Different CC, different choices. We have a lot of possibilities on CC2: i've tested both Library and Mirri and now Scroll Rack, even Painful Truths. Mirri is good but dies every time you sac Deed, for example.

Dec 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Memories of the Time View Post
    Mirri is good but dies every time you sac Deed, for example.
    Another Mirri fan here. If I'm popping my Deed, I'm doing it for a very good reason. Either to get of rid of something bad on their side or to get rid of my Rector. So, by T4 or T5, losing Mirri is simply collateral damage that's OK by me.
    ----

"What if they're already dead, Sergeant?"

"Then kill 'em again, you numpty. Kill them dead. Don't kill them alive."

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    I mean, Ishkanah does one HELL of a job at making sure you stay the Monarch.

Something of note, while we're on the subject: I did a little Gatherer digging this morning, and there is a card called Regal Behemoth that exists. It's a 6-mana green idiot that causes you to become the monarch on ETB, as well as having the line of text that whenever you tap a land for mana, add a mana of any color to your pool. I'm not entirely sure that this is relevant, but being a GSZable monarch enabler is notable, I think. I'm mostly thinking of a BUG shell here, since that would let you theoretically play him while holding up protection(counterspell) off 1 land. Very likely not better than Carnage or Bellower, but, who knows.

I'm not sure Custodi Lich is better than Jailer, just due to the extra point of cmc. It's definitely good to know that Lich exists, though, which I did not previously. Seems like it could be relevant in Jund or BUG depending on if there's a way to tutor him in the list (probably Traverse or Pod).
    I think that Entourage of Trest would do a better job of making you the Monarch and helping you hold the crown, especially in an equipment build.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Regisaur Alpha
    3RG
    Creature - Dinosaur, Rare
    Other Dinosaurs you control have haste.
    When Regisaur Alpha enters the battlefield, create a 3/3 green Dinosaur creature token with trample.

Even better than we'd hoped -- it's a 4/4 itself, and the token it makes has trample. This thing is going to be good for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    Regisaur Alpha
    3RG
    Creature - Dinosaur, Rare
    Other Dinosaurs you control have haste.
    When Regisaur Alpha enters the battlefield, create a 3/3 green Dinosaur creature token with trample.

Even better than we'd hoped -- it's a 4/4 itself, and the token it makes has trample. This thing is going to be good for sure.
    I definitely like that as an alternative to Nissa. I think Nissa is still stronger, but being able to GSZ is worth a lot.

Edit: Thoughts on using Crop Rotation to fuel Throne of the High City as a Monarch enabler?

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    I definitely like that as an alternative to Nissa. I think Nissa is still stronger, but being able to GSZ is worth a lot.

Edit: Thoughts on using Crop Rotation to fuel Throne of the High City as a Monarch enabler?
    If I was gonna use Throne of the High City as a draw engine, I'd rather do it with Ramunap Excavator than with Rotation.

Excavator can't tutor though.

Excavator can't tutor though.
    Knight of the Reliquary does though. It's not like you need Throne early game, it costs 5 mana to activate.

Dec 2013

You can combine the three (or four+ if you plan to run Crop Rotation) to turn it into a nice little package.

Seems slow as hell though.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

You can combine the three (or four+ if you plan to run Crop Rotation) to turn it into a nice little package.

Seems slow as hell though.
    I think the Excavator / KOTR / Tireless Tracker / Titania / Azusa built has potential to go somewhere interesting.

In that build you have space for some number of utility lands. In the version I was testing I had 2 Ghost Quarter, 1 Tower, 1 Karakas, 1 Canopy - but I could potentially see Throne making it in. I suspect Horizon Canopy might be just straight up better though.

Dec 2013

Might be. Migth also be a lot of durdling without actually doing much, and w/ a bunch of rather fragile creatures too.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Might be. Migth also be a lot of durdling without actually doing much, and w/ a bunch of rather fragile creatures too.
    I mean, it's not like Tracker, Titania and KOTR aren't solid beatdown creatures in their own right anyway, and Excavator + GQ is a reasonable backup game ender against some decks. It's basically just Azusa that's underwhelming without support, and she could probably be cut.

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    I mean, it's not like Tracker, Titania and KOTR aren't solid beatdown creatures in their own right anyway, and Excavator + GQ is a reasonable backup game ender against some decks. It's basically just Azusa that's underwhelming without support, and she could probably be cut.
    Dammit, I agree with you
    DAMMIT ECHELON

I dunno, you haven't lived until you GSZ for Asuza and then triple GQ your opponent

Knight of the Reliquary does though. It's not like you need Throne early game, it costs 5 mana to activate.
    I'm trying to avoid white though. If you're using white you might as well use Palace Jailer for the Monarch ability.

I'm trying to avoid white though. If you're using white you might as well use Palace Jailer for the Monarch ability.
    Well, Jailer is harder to tutor for, so there's that.

Well, Jailer is harder to tutor for, so there's that.
    It does a better job of preserving Monarch status though. Knight has to tap, removing a defender, then you have to spend your mana, so you're down the ability to make another defender.

Thrones advantage is that it doesn't involve putting a bad creature onto the battlefield. Palace Jailer takes away one creature and blocks another. The other one I mentioned, Entourage of Trest blocks two the turn it comes down off a GSZ, and likely does enough damage to kill something too.

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Vona, Magaan's Murderer (?) 3WB
    Legendary Vampire Knight
    Vigilance, lifelink
    T, pay 7 life: destroy nonland permanent. Activate on your turn.

Potentially relevant. Probably not, but at least worth bringing to the thread's attention. Anything that repeatedly blows up Jaces or other problematic permanents is noteworthy enough to keep a half an eye on.

Ranging Raptors 2G seems legit too. 2/3 which allows you to do STE effect each time it took damages (pyroclasme for exemple).

And Arguel's blood fast is a legendary enchant for 1B which allows you to draw a card for 1B+2 lifes. When you have 5 or less life, it becomes a legendary land which give black mana or diamond valley effect (sac a creature to gain life equal to it's thoughness)

Thread Information