Page 147 of 209 FirstFirst ... 4797137143144145146147148149150151157197 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 4171

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

I feel that Nissa Vital Force is superior in this deck over Garruk Relentless, since it is not only 'hasty' combat, it can also retrieve Enchantments or Rectors(in discard scenario's) or give a slight mana boost to hard cast the big ones. While it cannot kill creatures, it could still rebounce Deeds.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmans View Post
    I feel that Nissa Vital Force is superior in this deck over Garruk Relentless, since it is not only 'hasty' combat, it can also retrieve Enchantments or Rectors(in discard scenario's) or give a slight mana boost to hard cast the big ones. While it cannot kill creatures, it could still rebounce Deeds.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G935F met Tapatalk
    Garruk
    1) makes dorks for leap
    2) kills DRS
    3) kills your rector
    4) sacrifices a creature to find rector

Quote Originally Posted by Jesture View Post
    How'd you feel about the list you ran? Notably, I'm curious about the Garruks, Mirri's Guile vs Sylvan Library, and 2 Curse of Death's Hold. The sideboard also looks very different from other Enchantment Nic Fit lists, curious to know if anything overperformed / underperformed during the challenge.
    Garruks were fine, it is another engine card like Lingering Souls. I dislike both Mirri's Guile and Sylvan Library actually, especially with Deed. Maybe other options could be explored. Living Wish?
    2 Curse of Death's Hold: my initial thought was that this curse card comboes with two other cards in the deck, but 2 curses is also a win on their own against some fair decks, and the card is decent on its own.
    Saproling Burst might be a consideration also.
    SB CoP: Red has been very good, definately keeping it. SB also needs some number of white/black Leylines, but I didn't own any at the time.

[Primer] Nic Fit

Trying Again
    Last edited by AtticusBlaqk; 12-07-2017 at 02:29 PM. Reason: Upload is incomplete

Quick Report:

Last night at my weekly Unsanctioned LGS event, I ran the Rector Fit list that recently 5-0d a league.

Rector Fit: League 5-0

Maindeck (61)

4 Veteran Explorer
    4 Academy Rector
    4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Collective Brutality
    1 Diabolic Intent
    4 Lingering Souls
    3 Evolutionary Leap
    2 Sylvan Library
    3 Pernicious Deed
    1 Curse of Death's Hold
    1 Dovescape
    1 Cruel Reality
    1 Overwhelming Splendor
    2 Bayou
    1 Dryad Arbor
    4 Forest
    2 Phyrexian Tower
    2 Plains
    1 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    2 Swamp
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    4 Windswept Heath

Sideboard (15)

1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    3 Thoughtseize
    2 Lost Legacy
    1 To the Slaughter
    2 Toxic Deluge
    1 Helm of Obedience
    4 Leyline of the Void
    1 Sandwurm Convergence

Shared via TopDecked MTG
    https://www.topdecked.me/decks/8ed59...f-0d863331b582

I finished the night at 3-1 to just steal my way into 4th.

Round 1: Dredge 1-2

This guy can be on anything and recently I've seen him playtesting miracles between rounds or after events at shops around the area. He commented before our game that his deck would be fast, either for a win or loss. I caught a glimpse of a card that he had scrawled something on and thought that I read City of Traitors. Fast deck, City of traitors, I put him on some kind of sneak attack list. Sneak and Show came to mind but in hindsight, the 'lose fast' comment doesn't make sense.

Game 1:

I'm on the play and open with Cabal Therapy naming Brainstorm. He reveals his hand and I write 'dredge' down on my scorepad. He has Mana Confluence, Faithless Looting, LED, Breakthrough, Gravetroll, (Stinkweed? He had mulliganed but I can't remember the 6th card or if he went to 5). I now know that the City was of Brass instead of being filled with Traitors. I pass in dismay and he draws for his turn. Mana Confluence, LED, cast Breakthrough, hold priority, crack LED for RRR, Do I really need to go into a lot of detail on the next few steps? Dude hit 2 bridges, 2 narcomebas and a couple therapies putting 10+ power into play and shredding my hand. I'm able to use the fetch he couldn't rip from my hand to put dryad arbor into play and sac to therapy to pop his two bridges but it was too late.

Game 2:

In 4 Leyline and 1 Helm, Out... 2 Decay, 2 Brutality, and ?

He mulligans to 5. I keep 7 with a leyline. pregame effects occur and he concedes.

Game 3:

I keep my configuration but he hits his SB heavily. He keeps 7 but I mulligan an awful 7, a reasonable game 1 hand, and keep a 5 with a leyline. He nature's claims my Leyline and i set myself up to blow up his Bridges with a fetch ready for Dryad Arbor and an Tower to sac the Dryad Arbor. I miss a land drop but I'm able to build up to 3 lands and hold my Tower for the bridges after casting a Sylvan Library off of Arbor and Forest. At this stage I need to fade a turn and get to my Deed, Rector, and GSZ in hand. Opponent triple therapies me and completely shreds my hand. He wins the game by taking the hardcast Stinkweed, hardcast Narcomeba, begin returning Ichorid line. Although I am able to tower my Arbor to hit two bridges, my next Library draws show Land + Land + GSZ. I GSZ for Explorer to shuffle the lands away but the following turn Library shows Land + Land + Evo Leap. I lose in his next combat.

Round 2: Esper Stoneblade (1-0)

Game 1:

Overwhelming Splendor is a beating and putting it into plat against Germ w/ Batterskull, TNN, and SFM feels pretty good. I hit his Germ with STP and missequence my enchantments and get a dovescapre into play without an Evo Leap. He has an active Jace TMS but I'm able to beat down Jace with a sea of Doves. He sees the line of Swords, trigger Dovescape, Force his own Swords but i return the favor with GSZ for x=6.

Game 2:

We go to turns and draw the game. Match is mine

Round 3: Sneak Fit (2-1)

Game 1:

He asked about my sneak attack list a couple of weeks ago so when he opens on Taiga + Vet Ex,I assume that he is running my 75. I swords his explorer to slow his gameplan. I slow him down enough over the next couple of turns and see his deed with one of my own. He pops his own Deed for 3 with 1 Explorer and 2 DRS in play. He then uses the new mana to play Fierce Empath and finds Inferno Titan. I rip Therapy off the top, therapy for Inferno Titan, play Academy Rector, flashback therapy, put Overwhelming spendor into play, take his Thragtusk. Its basically game over and he concedes a few turns later after realizing that the Inferno Titan he returns with an EWit is not only a 1/1 but that doesn't have ETB or Attack triggers.

Game 2:

I board in 3 Thoughtseize, 2 Lost Legacy, Sandworm Convergence and 1 to the slaughter. What I take out is embarrassing. I know that I messed up as soon as I draw 7... In the VetEx mirror I typically SB out Explorers. My plan is that I don't need to accelerate him and that I can let him accelerate both of us while i focus on dealing with his payoff cards. the 3 GSZ that I left in can only find the one Dryad Arbor. He casts sneak, sneaks Bellower, gets Empath, finds Emmy but doesn't have access to the third red. I take 6 and pray to see discard off the top... Doesn't happen and sneaking the Spaghetti monster gets it.

Game 3:

I fixed my SB and led with GSZ for Arbor on turn 1 and cast Lost Legacy for Sneak Attack on Turn 2. I lock him a few turns later with Splendor, Dovescape and Curse of death's hold for the concession.

Round 4: Grixis Delver (2-0)

This MU must be why the deck 5-0d a daily.

Game 1:

He has a reasonable start but I'm able to deed away his board early after he forces the Curse of Death's Hold. I don't recall the game entirely but it felt like Lingering Souls went a long way and then he conceded.

Game 2:

In 2 Deluge Out 2 Deed My thoughts we that these overlapped but that Deluge was a 'right now' answer instead of deed's 'later' answer. Most of the creatures that I saw in G1 (TNN Delver Pyro) all had x/1-2 so the deluge wouldn't hurt too bad. After the game I realized that Deluge was also better at answering an early angler (although he didn't see one in either game).

My opponent got flooded pretty bad and had all of his fetchable lands in play at the end of the game. I was able to really explore the value of Evo Leap in this game. Though a little early hand disruption I knew that the path was clear for Rector on 4, Diabolic Intent Sacing the Rector for Splendor, and tutoring Evo Leap. Tapping out for Leap. Ultimately I'm able lock the game up but his early stumbling on action and permission with a pyro in play worked to my advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (edited using a full browser)
    Last edited by AtticusBlaqk; 12-09-2017 at 08:56 AM. Reason: Remove Extra Lines

Great report. Ive done the side out Explorers but not gsz too. Rather embarrassing as i don't even run Dryad arbor.
    Next tournament i'm trying out curse if misfortunes and nyx in main, coupled with 4 Collective brutality. We'll see how it goes.

The crazy nastyass honey badger

Dec 2013
    A desk chair, The Netherlands

Congrats with the result! Enjoyed the read!
    Quote Originally Posted by cavalrywolfpack View Post
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    Great report. Ive done the side out Explorers but not gsz too. Rather embarrassing as i don't even run Dryad arbor.
    Next tournament i'm trying out curse if misfortunes and nyx in main, coupled with 4 Collective brutality. We'll see how it goes.
    Dryad Arbor is such a must. Being able to flash it in off of a fetch to sac to Evo Leap is a great way to rebuild.

I didn't mention it in my tournament report but in Game 2 of Round 2, I had some 'great idea' and boarded it out. I immediately forgot after shuffling and presenting. Talk about a punch in the guy after fetching and going through my deck 4-5 times before checking my sideboard...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Congrats with the result! Enjoyed the read!
    Thanks! I'm glad for the community suggestion to pilot the deck this week. I was very surprised at how 'simple' the deck felt as compared to other Nic-Fit variants that I've played.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTGO name: Aggro4Life

Aug 2016
    Arizona, USA

I went 3-2 in a league with a Jund Value pile tweaked from mriggins over in the Discord.
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...ReO73EE2mpjRG6

Sorry that Rounds 1-3 are lackluster production. I didn't think to record live on those and apparently Therapy is bugged during replays.

Been discussing BUG a bit in the discord. I've been asked a lot about incorporating blue into a Bob build but every time I've looked at it, I've come to the conclusion that blue isn't actually adding anything that you can't already do. So I got to thinking about what blue could offer that style of deck and I think the answer is that it can offer as much digging while conserving life by using Jace, Vryn's Prodigy over Dark Confidant.

Some more brainstorming has lead me to the following thoughts on such a deck:
    1. You need some additional graveyard action to abuse Jace.
    2. You need some extra CA to offset looting vs drawing. Tracker's Instincts looks good.
    3. The deck needs to be above 61 cards to maintain a proper threat count. Some quick calculations suggest 21 creatures are needed.
    4. After a lot of thought, my starting point is 67 cards. Originally, I had a build that came in at 64 cards but I felt it was too weak against combo. I wanted to keep the combo advantage as much as possible that my usual decks enjoy, so I brought in the Crop Rotation package. That forced another land, which created +3 cards. I think that this is still right, the vet/therapy opening gets more rare, but there's still plenty of ways to get to 3 mana on T2 here.
    5. The deck isn't built around GY interactions but there's a lot of small things here that are really cool, like being able to discard to Brutality, then flashback with Jace, or mill over a GSZ and then shuffle it back in with Jace. Eternal Witness gets to be a real strong line in here too, and I particularly like the Evoke effects with Meren.

So taking those into account, this is where I'm at right now:
    Land 24
    3 Misty Rainforest
    2 Polluted Delta
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Bayou
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Underground Sea
    3 Forest
    2 Swamp
    1 Island
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Karakas

Creatures 22
    4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    3 Tireless Tracker
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Reclamation Sage
    1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Shriekmaw
    1 Titania, Protector of Argoth
    1 Ishakanah, Grafwidow
    1 Primeval Titan

Spells 21
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Collective Brutality
    1 Abrupt Decay
    1 Toxic Deluge
    2 Diabolic Edict
    3 Tracker's Instinct
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    2 Crop Rotation
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope

Just as a first pass, I like how this looks, it uses blue effectively while keeping it a solid tertiary color and the threat density is moderate with a whole bunch of CA.

Goldfished that list a bit, and think I found some places to trim cards. I like the way it plays, lots of little interactions between cards. Here's a revised version based on those goldfish games plus what we talked about in discord. This gets the list down to 63 cards.

Land 23
    2 Misty Rainforest
    2 Polluted Delta
    4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Bayou
    1 Tropical Island
    1 Underground Sea
    3 Forest
    2 Swamp
    1 Island
    1 Phyrexian Tower
    1 Bojuka Bog
    1 Volrath's Stronghold
    1 Dryad Arbor
    1 Karakas

Creatures 20
    4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Deathrite Shaman
    4 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
    1 Sakura-Tribe Elder
    3 Tireless Tracker
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Leovold, Emissary of Trest
    1 Meren of Clan Nel Toth
    1 Shriekmaw
    1 Titania, Protector of Argoth
    1 Primeval Titan

Spells 20
    4 Green Sun's Zenith
    4 Cabal Therapy
    1 Collective Brutality
    1 Abrupt Decay
    1 Toxic Deluge
    2 Diabolic Edict
    3 Tracker's Instinct
    1 Maelstrom Pulse
    2 Crop Rotation
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope

Heya, I was pointed in this direction by the legacy subreddit. Was hoping to get some thoughts and suggestions on my list. It's basically my take on the "Nyx Fit" enchantment based list I'm sure has been posted around for a while.

Land (23)
    2x Bayou
    1x Dryad Arbor
    4x Forest
    2x Phyrexian Tower
    2x Plains
    1x Savannah
    1x Scrubland
    2x Swamp
    4x Verdant Catacombs
    4x Windswept Heath

Creature (8)
    4x Academy Rector
    4x Veteran Explorer

Enchantment (14)
    1x Cruel Reality
    1x Curse of Death's Hold
    1x Curse of Misfortunes
    1x Dovescape
    3x Evolutionary Leap
    1x Living Plane
    2x Mirri's Guile
    1x Overwhelming Splendor
    3x Pernicious Deed

Instant (4)
    2x Abrupt Decay
    2x Swords to Plowshares

Sorcery (12)
    4x Cabal Therapy
    2x Collective Brutality
    1x Diabolic Intent
    3x Green Sun's Zenith
    2x Lingering Souls

Sideboard (15)
    1x Gaddock Teeg
    1x Helm of Obedience
    4x Leyline of the Void
    1x Sandwurm Convergence
    3x Thoughtseize
    3x Toxic Deluge
    2x Trespasser's Curse

So the big thing I was wanting some comments on is my sideboard. I feel like I might need a big beater in the side for the slower match ups or when I can't stick the enchantments. What's the consensus for this variant of the deck? I was thinking something like Sigarda, Host of Herons or Carnage Tyrant, but I've been looking at Dragonlord Dromoka as well. Additionally, I love the Trespasser's Curses against a deck like Elves, one that is jamming Young Pyromancers, or even TES since from what I've been told they go for the kill with Empty the Warrens. That being said, it seems not everyone share's my enthusiasm for the card.

I'm not huge in the Collective Brutalities, but if everyone else playing this variant says they're good I'll leave them alone.

Additionally, when talking to a friend while playtesting today, he suggested Eldritch Evolution. I kinda like it a lot in theory, especially if I could land an early rector and turn it into an Overwhelming Splendor and a Dragonlord Dromoka at the same time, for example. The problem being what spot does it take in the main, or is it side-board only?

Finally, I'm not huge on the Mirri's Guile (or the Sylvan Libraries I was running before deciding to try the M.G. out). Stellar card, but I just feel like I could do better. Perhaps that's where the Eldritch Evolution goes, and maybe a mainboard threat to use it with? (I've heard there were some people toying with Bitterheart Witch as additional Rectors. Maybe take both out and add 1 E.E. and 1 Bitterheart?)

Dec 2013

Well... I don't think the list needs Living Plane. By the time you've established your other lock pieces you gain nothing by stripping your opponent of their mana. It probably just makes your Pernicious Deeds really awkward.

As for curses vs. decks like Elves! and stuff that runs Young Pyromancer - that's why you have Curse of Death's Hold (and Overwhelming Splendor), you don't need another.

On Eldritch Evolution: You can't Eldritch Evolution Veteran Explorer into Academy Rector - you can go up to Explorer CMC + 2 which is 3, while Academy Rector's CMC is 4. Once you've resolved a Rector trigger you're well on your way to win the game, by that time you don't need the fattie anymore so why bother?

If you want a bomb to close games, go for Sigarda. It doesn't die/fold to StP/Liliana of the Veil/Karakas etc. It's a safer bet than Dromoka. You can go for Carnage Tyrant, but in most cases Sigarda works just as well but for 1 less mana. And then there are the fringe benefits of Sigarda's flying.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

[Primer] Nic Fit

My deck is pretty similar. To me mirris guile is one of the best card a starting hand can have. I run 3 and wouldnt consider going down. I'd even consider running Deluge et al instead of Deed because of guile and leap.
    I also agree that Planes Unfortunatly isnt necessary and i believe Convergence is unecessary in the board.

Dec 2013

Yup, Sandwurm Convergence does very little that other cards don't already take care of.
    DAMMIT ECHELON

Quote Originally Posted by Warlockami View Post
    So the big thing I was wanting some comments on is my sideboard. I feel like I might need a big beater in the side for the slower match ups or when I can't stick the enchantments. What's the consensus for this variant of the deck? I was thinking something like Sigarda, Host of Herons or Carnage Tyrant, but I've been looking at Dragonlord Dromoka as well. Additionally, I love the Trespasser's Curses against a deck like Elves, one that is jamming Young Pyromancers, or even TES since from what I've been told they go for the kill with Empty the Warrens. That being said, it seems not everyone share's my enthusiasm for the card.

I'm not huge in the Collective Brutalities, but if everyone else playing this variant says they're good I'll leave them alone.

Additionally, when talking to a friend while playtesting today, he suggested Eldritch Evolution. I kinda like it a lot in theory, especially if I could land an early rector and turn it into an Overwhelming Splendor and a Dragonlord Dromoka at the same time, for example. The problem being what spot does it take in the main, or is it side-board only?

Finally, I'm not huge on the Mirri's Guile (or the Sylvan Libraries I was running before deciding to try the M.G. out). Stellar card, but I just feel like I could do better. Perhaps that's where the Eldritch Evolution goes, and maybe a mainboard threat to use it with? (I've heard there were some people toying with Bitterheart Witch as additional Rectors. Maybe take both out and add 1 E.E. and 1 Bitterheart?)
    Since this version specifically has such a huge reliance on "dies" triggers, it's probably pretty soft to Rest in Peace out of the board. I think I'd want the other 2 Abrupt Decay somewhere in the 75 as a way to answer it and similar hate cards from decks that can counter or remove your Deeds before you can use them. That's just my $0.02.
    Riding the Spiral

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

Greetings!

Long time legacy player, usually playing painter variants but academy rector has always been a pet card of mine as well. So, saw the nyx fit deck floating around and have been playing with it. Actually played it in my LGS last week and got CRUSHED! Since then I've decided to meld nyx fit with a traditional nic fit list and have had some success. Bad news is you can't string rectors together as well as you can with leap, but I also don't get run over by a force of will. I feel like the nyx fit decks needs more threats, and with this deck I've been just dropping threat after threat and opponents get overwhelmed. They either are busy dealing with fatties and suddenly get wrecked by a powerful enchantment out of nowhere, or vice versa. Anyway, this is the list I've been playing with some success. Looking for input from people who have a lot of experienced with the deck.

// Lands
    1 [B] Scrubland
    1 [B] Savannah
    1 [JGC] Karakas
    1 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
    2 [US] Phyrexian Tower
    1 [SHM] Mistveil Plains
    3 [DPA] Forest (1)
    2 [UNH] Plains
    1 [UNH] Swamp
    2 [B] Bayou
    4 [KTK] Windswept Heath
    3 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
    1 [FUT] Dryad Arbor

// Creatures
    4 [UD] Academy Rector
    4 [WL] Veteran Explorer
    2 [RTR] Deathrite Shaman
    1 [LRW] Gaddock Teeg
    1 [ARB] Qasali Pridemage
    2 [CFX] Knight of the Reliquary
    1 [KTK] Siege Rhino
    1 [AVR] Sigarda, Host of Herons

// Spells
    2 [AP] Pernicious Deed
    4 [JU] Cabal Therapy
    2 [EMN] Collective Brutality
    3 [PS] Diabolic Intent
    1 [TE] Diabolic Edict
    2 [ISD] Garruk Relentless/Garruk, the Veil-Cursed
    1 [AKH] Cast Out
    1 [ISD] Curse of Death's Hold
    1 [DIS] Dovescape
    1 [HOU] Overwhelming Splendor
    3 [EMA] Green Sun's Zenith

// Sideboard
    SB: 2 [NPH] Surgical Extraction
    SB: 2 [LRW] Thoughtseize
    SB: 2 [LG] Sylvan Library
    SB: 1 [RTR] Golgari Charm
    SB: 1 [VI] City of Solitude
    SB: 2 [C13] Toxic Deluge
    SB: 4 [M11] Leyline of Sanctity

As for the more common nyx fit list that people are playing, it seems fragile. If I were to go back to that list, I probably would consider playing bitterheart witch as well and then play 2-3 cavern of souls on human. The nice thing about bitterheart is that deathrite doesn't shut it down. That card is everywhere right now and rector obviously sucks when an opponent has an active deathrite.

Quote Originally Posted by drude1 View Post
    As for the more common nyx fit list that people are playing, it seems fragile. If I were to go back to that list, I probably would consider playing bitterheart witch as well and then play 2-3 cavern of souls on human. The nice thing about bitterheart is that deathrite doesn't shut it down. That card is everywhere right now and rector obviously sucks when an opponent has an active deathrite.
    I think i would rather run more curse of misfortunes if i wanted increase threat density - which i may want. But i do run 4 therapy and 4 brutality so fow is not the biggest problem.
    I dont hate your idea with semi-rector semi-creatures and would like to hear about your experiences further on.

Jul 2010
    Minneapolis, MN

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    I think i would rather run more curse of misfortunes if i wanted increase threat density - which i may want. But i do run 4 therapy and 4 brutality so fow is not the biggest problem.
    I dont hate your idea with semi-rector semi-creatures and would like to hear about your experiences further on.
    The issue isn't so much about having extra threats as it is about clogging up the board and interacting with the opponent. It's much easier to just drop bigger fatties than my opponent and make them deal with them vs trying to go purely combo and get beat down by my opponent's puny creatures.

Thread Information