Page 203 of 208 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 4155

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

I saw this list, and I really did it. Bloody hell I sound like a hippy.
    Anyways very interesting.
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...koike_th_place

Mar 2013
    Stockholm, Sweden

Yes indeed, one of few(?) really innovative decks during this Oko winter. I'd love to see it played on stream. It's also interestingly close to Lumberjacks, I could see orcish lumberjack tested in this deck.

I really find the Greater Gargadon lists very neat... https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/3678279#online

Is there any chance we could combine Greater Gargadon with Arena Rector and Academy Rector to have a stronger sac package?

https://www.mtgtop8.com/event?e=28686&d=426501

Basically a Nic Fit merging both decks above?

Alternatively....

I can't help but note how Gargadon is a fantastic backup plan for Cascade Valki strategies... https://www.reddit.com/r/MTGLegacy/c...k_to_dominate/

I am wondering if there's any way we could make a NicFit build featuring the following cards...

4 Greater Gargadon
    3-4 Veteran Explorer
    0-4 Living Wish
    0-4 Cabal Therapy
    0-4 Arena Rector
    Various Powerful Planeswalkers

Plus the Cascade Valki package

4 Simian Spirit Guide

4 Elvish Spirit Guide

4 Shardless Agent

4 Ardent Plea

1 Demonic Dread

4 Violent Outburst

3 Valki, God of Lies

Sep 2011

Cascading into Veteran Explorer, Living Wish or Cabal Therapy seems pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by FTW View Post
    Cascading into Veteran Explorer, Living Wish or Cabal Therapy seems pretty bad.
    In a deck packing a bunch of Rectors along with a lot of high cc bombs like Ugin and Tibalt, I don't think cascading into Vet Explorer or Cabal Therapy or Living Wish would be too bad.

The deck would only be playing 3 Vet Explorers maindeck, and it would be playing 4 Greater Gargadons which is a fine alternative to Valki to Cascade into.

The Explorers turn into 2 lands which makes high cc permanents Hardcastable. The Therapies are Disruption and sac outlets for your Explorers and Rectors so they are always useful and the Living Wishes get you either more Rectors or other silver bullets like containment priest, sanctum prelate, bojuka bog, Karakas etc.

The real issue is getting a workable 4c manabases with some basic lands. That might be impossible

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Kant View Post
    In a deck packing a bunch of Rectors along with a lot of high cc bombs like Ugin and Tibalt, I don't think cascading into Vet Explorer or Cabal Therapy or Living Wish would be too bad.

The deck would only be playing 3 Vet Explorers maindeck, and it would be playing 4 Greater Gargadons which is a fine alternative to Valki to Cascade into.
    I don't disagree with the overall premise of your post, it provides redundancy for a deck that doesn't usually have a lot of filtering options. However, I don't think you can cascade into Greater Gargadon...it's converted mana cost is 10. It's not like the no-cost spells like Hypergenesis, Living End, Ancestral Vision where it doesn't have a converted mana cost. Those are the alternatives to Valki that are worth playing, I think. Valki works (for now) because it's a two-sided card.

I'm actually slightly surprised that someone hasn't tried to jam Hypergenesis alongside Valki; it's a hell of an alternative win condition if you have a Griselbrand or Emrakul to drop in.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Oh I missed that. Yeah Valki doesn't work then.

I still love Greater Gargadon as an additional sac outlet (that is also living wishable) in 8 Rector build featuring Titania Protector of Argorath looks so good. 10 sac outlets and 9 saccable creatures along with Living Wish as a tutor for either half of the combo is just super consistent.

Basically an 8 Rector build merged with elements of this seems perfect if Oko gets banned Monday...

https://aetherhub.com/Metagame/Legac...ic-fit-416905/

May 2015
    PDX

I'm a little disappointed in the nicfit community, you guys are discussing Greater Gargadon and Tibalt together. I expected so much more discussion of Cosmic Intervention out of you guys.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Oh I missed that. Yeah Valki doesn't work then.

I still love Greater Gargadon as an additional sac outlet (that is also living wishable) in 8 Rector build featuring Titania Protector of Argorath looks so good. 10 sac outlets and 9 saccable creatures along with Living Wish as a tutor for either half of the combo is just super consistent.

Basically an 8 Rector build merged with elements of this seems perfect if Oko gets banned Monday...

https://aetherhub.com/Metagame/Legac...ic-fit-416905/
    If you're in white for Rectors and cascading, alongside Greater Gargadon...isn't Restore Balance the card you're looking for? RB conveniently doesn't include planeswalkers in it's chaos. If the cascade rule isn't changed I think this is a powerful direction. Is it still nic fit? No, but it sounds fun.

I'm a little disappointed in the nicfit community, you guys are discussing Greater Gargadon and Tibalt together. I expected so much more discussion of Cosmic Intervention out of you guys.
    I don't see this as anywhere near as powerful as Academy or Arena Rector. I honestly don't think its even legacy playable, especially at 4 mana (even if you get to spread it over 2 turns.)
    Last edited by Mr. Safety; 02-15-2021 at 06:50 AM.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

May 2015
    PDX

It's not 4 mana so much as turn 2 special action the opponent can't Daze despite 100% mana utilization, into "I can pick a fight I don't even really care about at the conclusion of my opponent's second main phase." If you want to get Dazed every turn 2 though, carry on.

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

What are you even blinking on t2 that would make this powerful enough to invest a critical early turn on? Maybe a Veteran Explorer? Nic Fit doesn't even play Wasteland. This is a mid-game card where you get 3+ targets lined up to blast opponents with overwhelming value. Honestly, the only path that I can see that would make this shine is either the Rector plan already mentioned or with Birthing Pod. However, once you have those lines of play going already, why do you need a 'win more' effect?
    Brainstorm Realist

With Astrolabe, Arcanist and Oko banned, can Nic Fit be made into a tier one deck now?

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

With Astrolabe, Arcanist and Oko banned, can Nic Fit be made into a tier one deck now?
    I don't think so, but it definitely gets better as the premier Wasteland-resistant mana-base deck. I'm going to finally pull the trigger and buy some Birthing Pod's now that Oko can't elk them, but we're not talking tier 1. We never really are with Nic Fit. Come on, be honest with yourself!
    Brainstorm Realist

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

We just did an Everyday Eternal Episode, and Rhinotime will be back after a short interlude.

I think with Oko gone and as the meta shifts, big boyz will be better than they have been in a long time. I don't know if 4 Rhinos are going to be the right call, but I can see this deck being better than it was previously.

-Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Safety View Post
    I'm going to finally pull the trigger and buy some Birthing Pod's now that Oko can't elk them
    Haha I forgot about this
    Im probably about to go 0-3 with Scarab God in my deck and then put it away never to try it again

I can see this deck being better than it was previously.
    Probably true for every non-oko non-arcanist deck right? Don't get too optimistic lol

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Yeah, I want Birthing Pod and Yawgmoth shenanigans! There are some pretty great threats that have been printed along the curve in green and black recently, I'm mostly looking at these:

Sarulf, Realm Eater
    Shifting Ceratops
    Deep Forest Hermit
    Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider
    Battle Mammoth
    Elder Gargaroth

I can't squeeze them all in, but Sarulf and Elder Gargaroth both seem nutso in Nic Fit, and Vorinclex could be nutso with Yawgmoth. Forget tier 1, we're going straight to s-tier.
    Brainstorm Realist

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Yeah, I want Birthing Pod and Yawgmoth shenanigans! There are some pretty great threats that have been printed along the curve in green and black recently, I'm mostly looking at these:

Sarulf, Realm Eater
    Shifting Ceratops
    Deep Forest Hermit
    Vorinclex, Monstrous Raider
    Battle Mammoth
    Elder Gargaroth

I can't squeeze them all in, but Sarulf and Elder Gargaroth both seem nutso in Nic Fit, and Vorinclex could be nutso with Yawgmoth. Forget tier 1, we're going straight to s-tier.

I think going back to our roots isn't a bad thing. I think we just have to be cognizant that Baleful Strix is a card again. Equipment probably also makes a come back. I'll probably dust off Jund as well...

4 Veteran Explorer
    2 Carpet of Flowers
    1 Scavenging Ooze
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Tireless Tracker
    1 Questing Beast
    X Siege Rhino
    X Shifting Ceratops
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
    + There's probably a bunch of new creatures that I really need to suss out.

4 Cabal Therapy
    4 GSZ
    2 Sylvan Library

2 Liliana, the Last Hope
    2 Pernicious Deed
    3 Abrupt Decay
    2 Path to Exile/STP
    2 Assassin's Trophy

Again, just throwing around BS.

If I was running Jund again, I'd run Punishing Fires, Lilianas, Klothys, and some big boyz (Thragtusk, Shifting Ceratops).

-Matt

Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Yawgmoth, Thran Physician laughs at Baleful Strix. One ping and it's down, and we get to draw cards, too. The important thing is to have enough dudes that can also create card advantage by sacrificing, or tokens. I could see Bitterblossom, Kitchen Finks, Thragtusk, and Deep Forest Hermit keeping anything creature-based under check. I can't help but want to do some Bloodghast shenanigans as well, but that might be going too deep. Meren gives some pretty good synergy, and is typically a GSZ target already. Even just getting back Dryad Arbor and Veterans would be incredible with Yawgmoth.
    Brainstorm Realist

Salt of the earth

May 2009
    Canada

Yawgmoth, Thran Physician laughs at Baleful Strix. One ping and it's down, and we get to draw cards, too. The important thing is to have enough dudes that can also create card advantage by sacrificing, or tokens. I could see Bitterblossom, Kitchen Finks, Thragtusk, and Deep Forest Hermit keeping anything creature-based under check. I can't help but want to do some Bloodghast shenanigans as well, but that might be going too deep. Meren gives some pretty good synergy, and is typically a GSZ target already. Even just getting back Dryad Arbor and Veterans would be incredible with Yawgmoth.
    I forgot that card existed. Would prefer it to be Thran Dentist, but whatever. May have to get an alter done.

I never got around to fleshing it out, but 2 new cards were printed that haven’t gotten attention recently: Sea gate Storm-caller and village rites. Sea gate is another fair creature that benefits from ramp (kicker) and cabal therapy (provides body and doubles it up). Village rites is another powerful sac a creature card for vet. Perhaps a lower to the ground grindy bug-fit could work.

drainpipe vermin and tendrils of despair could be copies 9-10.

This gives you an insanely consistent chance of doing something powerful on t2/t3 since you have 10 sac fodders and 10 strong sac a creature effects.

Vermin into tendrils pay trigger is a discard 3. Therapy into stormgate fb therapy x2 is also a discard 2-3. T1 vet into t2 rites gives you 3 mana and 2 cards to try to stormcaller plus any sac spell on the same turn.

As village rites is an instant this could also be a very strong uro shell.
    Last edited by Reeplcheep; 02-18-2021 at 04:02 PM.

Thread Information