Page 55 of 209 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 4171

Thread: [Primer] Nic Fit

Re: [Primer] Nic Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Arianrhod View Post
    Yeah, that's the idea, I think. Or at least, that was what I was doing when ReaniFit was the way to go in Dig Through Time the format. Grave Titan is a hell of a thing to both reanimate and also cast. It operated along the way axis that Sneak does currently.

Also, I have won multiple games casting Emrakul, thank you very much :3
    Yes, I agree with Arian and Warden.

Lately I was trying to insert 1/2 corpse dance into sneak fit but I prefered Nissa. But I still want to try to build a G/B version with it. In Nic fit you can easily afford the buyback and not targetting reanimate assure you to gain something, even if it wasn't your first choice. And obviously, the instant speed allow you some dirty tricks.
    Was thinking about unburrial rite and LED and a new flash idea come to me: new vizir is also really good with LED in a rea sheld... You can assume you're at least 7/8 mana of any color to cast your top deck crea card. Meren buy you back your dudes... Needs to work on it...
    But for now I'm to excited buy news Nyx fit options (new enchants then topless )

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysse95 View Post
    But for now I'm to excited buy news Nyx fit options (new enchants then topless )
    I'm on this right now:

4 Veteran Explorer
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Recruiter of the Guard
    4 Academy Rector
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons

4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Collective Brutality
    1 Painful Truths
    2 Lingering Souls
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Swords to Plowshares

3 Pernicious Deed
    2 Evolutionary Leap
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Nether Void
    1 Curse of Death's Hold
    1 Cruel Reality
    1 Sandwurm Convergence
    1 Starfield of Nyx

4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Windswept Heath
    1 Marsh Flats
    2 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    2 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Plains
    2 Phyrexian Tower
    2 Cavern of Souls

Sideboard:
    1 Living Plane
    1 Humility
    1 Chromanticore
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 Golgari Charm
    2 Lost Legacy

Curse maindeck without Humility/Plane is a bit awkward, but if Elves, D&T and Young Pyromancer are all going to be more prevalent I think it's probably worth it. Chromanticore is there pretty much 100% for Burn, since you can sideboard out Leaps and other garbage 5-drops for him and Sanctity.

Starfield remains in the deck for three reasons:
    - Deed is looking really strong right now, and if we use one, Rector into Starfield becomes a hard lock.
    - Collective Brutality is a great card and I want to be able to use it well - being able to confidently pitch haymakers like CReality and Convergence helps. Also makes it easier to play Chromanticore.
    - I want more recursion than just a singleton Witness, especially when there are a few 1-ofs which are critical in some matchups. Between Starfield and Nissa, I think Starfield has more upsides (mainly because we have other ways of killing JTMS now).

Aes Sídhe
    Sep 2010
    Williamsport, PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    I'm on this right now:

4 Veteran Explorer
    1 Eternal Witness
    1 Recruiter of the Guard
    4 Academy Rector
    1 Sigarda, Host of Herons

4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Collective Brutality
    1 Painful Truths
    2 Lingering Souls
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Swords to Plowshares

3 Pernicious Deed
    2 Evolutionary Leap
    1 Sylvan Library
    1 Nether Void
    1 Curse of Death's Hold
    1 Cruel Reality
    1 Sandwurm Convergence
    1 Starfield of Nyx

4 Verdant Catacombs
    2 Windswept Heath
    1 Marsh Flats
    2 Bayou
    2 Savannah
    1 Scrubland
    2 Forest
    2 Swamp
    2 Plains
    2 Phyrexian Tower
    2 Cavern of Souls

Sideboard:
    1 Living Plane
    1 Humility
    1 Chromanticore
    4 Leyline of the Void
    4 Leyline of Sanctity
    2 Golgari Charm
    2 Lost Legacy

Curse maindeck without Humility/Plane is a bit awkward, but if Elves, D&T and Young Pyromancer are all going to be more prevalent I think it's probably worth it. Chromanticore is there pretty much 100% for Burn, since you can sideboard out Leaps and other garbage 5-drops for him and Sanctity.

Starfield remains in the deck for three reasons:
    - Deed is looking really strong right now, and if we use one, Rector into Starfield becomes a hard lock.
    - Collective Brutality is a great card and I want to be able to use it well - being able to confidently pitch haymakers like CReality and Convergence helps. Also makes it easier to play Chromanticore.
    - I want more recursion than just a singleton Witness, especially when there are a few 1-ofs which are critical in some matchups. Between Starfield and Nissa, I think Starfield has more upsides (mainly because we have other ways of killing JTMS now).
    I would probably cut Cruel Reality and the Recruiter for more draw spells. Maybe cut the Painful Truths, too, to make room for 2 Night's Whispers and a Diabolic Intent? I feel like trying to run both Cruel Reality and Sandwurm is asking for a lot, and Cruel Reality doesn't even seem that good to me, honestly.

E: also, Golgari Charm doesn't do nearly enough vs Elves. I've tried it and been consistently disappointed in it. They have too many 2/2s. Engineered Plague can still annoy them because it's a static effect; Deluge is likely the best bet. You need a fast -2/-2 sweeper followed by a Deed, followed by starting to lock them out.

Also, we NEED to be concerned about Progenitus postboard. Without Terminus around, Progenitus's stock is enormously higher and we WILL lose to him.

Cruel Reality kills Progenitus.

Pancake
    Oct 2012
    Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Navsi View Post
    Cruel Reality kills Progenitus.
    Elves will have plenty of creatures to sac to CR.
    Kagu-Tsuchi カグツチ (Jund NicFit)
    Rhino's Abbondanza (Junk NicFit)
    4c Aggro Loam

Quote Originally Posted by Chatto View Post
    How about: ramp into Deed, clear the board, and bash your opponent's head in.

Deluge for 10 kills Progenitus (and everything else).

Lost Legacy takes out Natural Order.

If you need an enchantment specifically, Nevermore also takes out Natural Order.

MTGO name: Aggro4Life

Aug 2016
    Arizona, USA

Perish also kills everyone.

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk

Aug 2014
    Central New York

Quote Originally Posted by MDHackbert View Post
    Perish also kills everyone.

Sent from mobile using Tapatalk
    It's quite a beating for them to come back to. The issue I have with toxic/perish/deed is surviving to 3 mana. I think fatal push needs more love, as 95% of elves.dec will be playing 1 or 2 drops. Brutality also a beating for them (upside to knock out a dude AND catch glimpse/NO/zenith in hand)

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Being able to hit their initial dude basically assures you the ability to untap with 3 mana so yeah. Spot removal is not end all, but it bridges the gap and gets you where you need to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Warden View Post
    It's quite a beating for them to come back to. The issue I have with toxic/perish/deed is surviving to 3 mana. I think fatal push needs more love, as 95% of elves.dec will be playing 1 or 2 drops. Brutality also a beating for them (upside to knock out a dude AND catch glimpse/NO/zenith in hand)
    Yet another reason why I'm an advocate for 1cmc removal. If you are on the draw and can kill their first creature, it usually provides you with an extra turn. Decay/Brutality will get you through a lot of matchups but having some action on turn 1 is going to do you well against plenty others.

Edit: Megadeus best me to it.

Not in lieu of Deed.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post
    Yet another reason why I'm an advocate for 1cmc removal. If you are on the draw and can kill their first creature, it usually provides you with an extra turn. Decay/Brutality will get you through a lot of matchups but having some action on turn 1 is going to do you well against plenty others.

This is what makes push so good IMO, and it means you dont have to play white for swords(or path but that kinda defeats the purpose in some cases).

And Megadeus also beat me to it.

Quote Originally Posted by square_two View Post

Dismembers stock might go up here. It's yet another thing that costs life, but it's 1 mana that dodges Chalice.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Dismembers stock might go up here. It's yet another thing that costs life, but it's 1 mana that dodges Chalice.
    Good point, but I have beat eldrazi when the chaliced on when and my had was pushx3 vet brainstorm. So I dont really know if we need stuff that dodges chalice if that was just an anomaly.

Mar 2010
    geneva, the frozen waste

Re: Nyx Fit

Hi guys

Here is my curent list, everything is in flux.

4 Veteran Explorer
    4 Academy Rector
    1 Eternal Witness
    3 Lingering Souls

2 Green Sun's Zenith
    3 Evolutionary Leap
    1 diabolic intent

4 Cabal Therapy
    3 Collective Brutality
    2 Abrupt Decay
    2 Swords to Plowshares
    1 toxic deluge
    2 Pernicious Deed

2 Sterling Grove
    1 Starfield of Nyx
    1 Curse of Death's Hold
    1 Nether Void
    1 Cruel Reality
    1 Sandwurm Convergence

6 basics
    4 duals
    8 fetchs
    2 tower
    2 cavern

Top get replaced by intent, brutality and leap. intent to tutor, brutality to avoid having sandwurm in hand and leap to go crazy with souls... I wished so hard they banned terminus.
    At least, now that legacy is played topless I'm gonna see a lot more big boobs but they gonna be sweaty and hairy

Deluge instead of one deed to be faster.

Stil not convinced by void, kindy clunky with explorer but might be necessary.

We don't need to be concerned by progenitus, we play cruel reality (édit : damn' you guys type so quick)

For me the goal of the deck is to be as ininteractive as possible (creature less build, cavern) and to pack as much disruption as possible because the "combo" isn't a) a hard lock b) a fast combo or c) a fast kill
    so I need a shit load of interaction (and brutality does the job)
    Quote Originally Posted by lorddotm View Post
    Magic would be a lot more interesting if more Punks played it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheInfamousBearAssassin View Post
    Wow, you're right!

Since discards stock is going up (no top, more combo), the printing of fatal push gives black a 1 mana removal spell worthy of legacy, and decay is less relevant now, I've been thinking about stoking up the two drop slot with card advantage in hymn to tourach and sylvan library for a GB build that splashes white for some rhinos, sigarda and sideboard cards (like teeg, spirit of the labia and other hatebears). Perhaps some pushes should be StP or Path because of anglers and reality smashers, but the appeal of not really requiring white mana (especially in the first turns) is quite strong. Tusk and Thrun (who gets so much better now) take care of those ground beaters too. Thoughts?

Tbh I would probably play Nyx Fit but I can't get the cards quick enough for the tournament i'm suddenly now attending on sunday, so will be sticking with some variation of GBw
    Junk and Stoned Rhinos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jain_Mor View Post
    Since discards stock is going up (no top, more combo), the printing of fatal push gives black a 1 mana removal spell worthy of legacy, and decay is less relevant now, I've been thinking about stoking up the two drop slot with card advantage in hymn to tourach and sylvan library for a GB build that splashes white for some rhinos, sigarda and sideboard cards (like teeg, spirit of the labia and other hatebears). Perhaps some pushes should be StP or Path because of anglers and reality smashers, but the appeal of not really requiring white mana (especially in the first turns) is quite strong. Tusk and Thrun (who gets so much better now) take care of those ground beaters too. Thoughts?

Tbh I would probably play Nyx Fit but I can't get the cards quick enough for the tournament i'm suddenly now attending on sunday, so will be sticking with some variation of GBw
    I've been tinkering a lot with white. I've got a pretty good UW shell right now using Chalice, Sanctum Prelate, SFM, Judges Familiar, and Spell Queller. Plus the usuals.

Now, that's not Nic Fit but my point is this: White is still ridiculously strong.

The pillars of Legacy are including at least 2 of the three in every deck, discard, counters, and removal. That's going to be even more true with everything being wide open for the next few weeks. Proceed as if every card in Miracles is still in the meta, just not in that exact configuration. Because I'm pretty sure it will be.

I guess my point is, general cards are where you want to be right now. I still like Abrupt Decay over Push, and I really like Maelstrom Pulse right now.

Vary your curve, Prelate+Chalice will be a thing.

May 2013
    Paris, France

Hello,

I've revamped an old list (not so old) as I believe since Top's departure we could be THE CONTROL deck to beat.

Anyway, I'll spare you my usual "blabla" because if you wanna dig into these ideas, I've already shared quite a bit about it.
    Here is the list.

Wish Fist by Ralf
    (61 cards)
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Underground Sea
    2 Bayou
    2 Tropical Island
    3 Forest
    3 Swamp
    3 Island
    3 Polluted Delta
    3 Verdant Catacombs

2 Glen Elendra Archmage
    2 Scavenging Ooze
    4 Baleful Strix
    4 Veteran Explorer

2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

1 Pernicious Deed

3 Abrupt Decay
    3 Cunning Wish
    3 Negate
    4 Brainstorm

4 Cabal Therapy
    2 Explore
    2 Ponder
    2 Toxic Deluge
    2 Traverse the Ulvenwald

(14 cards)
    SB: 1 Empty the Pits
    SB: 1 Diabolic Edict
    SB: 1 Thoughtseize
    SB: 1 Flusterstorm
    SB: 1 Mindbreak Trap
    SB: 1 Engineered Plague
    SB: 1 Crypt Incursion
    SB: 1 Hatred
    SB: 1 Extirpate
    SB: 1 Consume the Meek
    SB: 1 Duress
    SB: 1 Golgari Charm
    SB: 1 Force of Will
    SB: 1 Abrupt Decay

Sideboard is missing a card right now. If someone has a brilliant idea, don't hesitate to chime in !
    Anyway it is definitely possible to play 61/14 cards.

As always, have fun but avoid this deck if the hard control route isn't your way...

Regards,

Ralf

PS: one could shave a strix for a snapcaster for more utility tools. I quadlazzered for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralf View Post
    As always, have fun but avoid this deck if the hard control route isn't your way...
    I actually really like new Nissa in this sort of list, and I say that as someone who doesn't like new Nissa. Pitches to FoW, great interaction with Jace (and finds Jace), low mana investment to get on the board, and she ticks up aggressively.

You've just inspired me to try some more BUG brewing.

May 2013
    Paris, France

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    I actually really like new Nissa in this sort of list, and I say that as someone who doesn't like new Nissa. Pitches to FoW, great interaction with Jace (and finds Jace), low mana investment to get on the board, and she ticks up aggressively.

You've just inspired me to try some more BUG brewing.
    I have never been a fan of FOW in Nic Fit tbh.
    But Nissa could be tested.
    If you want, I'll try it instead of explore. But beware that the deck is really fluid right now; messing with the curve is something I would do after testing the initial list.

Thread Information