Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940

Thread: [DTB] U/R Delver

Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

Quote Originally Posted by troopatroop View Post
    I'm not sure Winter Orb is that #1 card for a sideboard slot, seems pretty weak imo.
    Winter orb is very good in the SB of UR delver, against miracles / lands / eldrazi / BUG or any strategy that have some density of 2 mana or more spells and no mana dork.

try it and u will like. at least if you have some quantity of miracles in the metagame.
    Eldrazi aggro player
    Working in MonoR welder/engineer painter deck
    In love with CoTV and Legacy for so many years

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Quote Originally Posted by painhomoser View Post
    Winter orb is very good in the SB of UR delver, against miracles / lands / eldrazi / BUG or any strategy that have some density of 2 mana or more spells and no mana dork.

try it and u will like. at least if you have some quantity of miracles in the metagame.
    Orbs always been a card I have been least excited about to sleeve up in an event. If I sleeved up this deck I would definitely try to slot something alot more versatile into that slot.
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

I'm not a big fan of Winter Orb. I think it's too slow and clunky against decks that can play around it. Sure, no one is boarding in hate for it, but there are better interactive slots one could use.
    The Night HE Came Home.

Worldslayer
    Dec 2005
    MA

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Winter Orb. I think it's too slow and clunky against decks that can play around it. Sure, no one is boarding in hate for it, but there are better interactive slots one could use.
    It's a shame there isn't a like button emoji for your statement. I just think dedicating those slots to a broader range of MUs is totally correct
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    I think it had a place in the older U/R delver builds which were essentially counter-burn and heavily focused on 1-drops. Current builds are much more grindy and have a higher curve. All it is really doing in newer is slowing the whole game down, which may hurt your opponent but it's also slowing you down in a deck that still struggles to go late.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Forget winter orb. Use vortex or just burn the deck with price

Thread Information