Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 303637383940
Results 781 to 797 of 797

Thread: [DTB] U/R Delver

  1. #781

    Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

    Quote Originally Posted by troopatroop View Post
    I'm not sure Winter Orb is that #1 card for a sideboard slot, seems pretty weak imo.
    Winter orb is very good in the SB of UR delver, against miracles / lands / eldrazi / BUG or any strategy that have some density of 2 mana or more spells and no mana dork.

    try it and u will like. at least if you have some quantity of miracles in the metagame.
    Eldrazi aggro player
    Working in MonoR welder/engineer painter deck
    In love with CoTV and Legacy for so many years

  2. #782
    Worldslayer
    Rood's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2005
    Location

    MA
    Posts

    1,002

    Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

    Quote Originally Posted by painhomoser View Post
    Winter orb is very good in the SB of UR delver, against miracles / lands / eldrazi / BUG or any strategy that have some density of 2 mana or more spells and no mana dork.

    try it and u will like. at least if you have some quantity of miracles in the metagame.
    Orbs always been a card I have been least excited about to sleeve up in an event. If I sleeved up this deck I would definitely try to slot something alot more versatile into that slot.
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

  3. #783

    Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

    I'm not a big fan of Winter Orb. I think it's too slow and clunky against decks that can play around it. Sure, no one is boarding in hate for it, but there are better interactive slots one could use.

  4. #784
    Worldslayer
    Rood's Avatar
    Join Date

    Dec 2005
    Location

    MA
    Posts

    1,002

    Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Winter Orb. I think it's too slow and clunky against decks that can play around it. Sure, no one is boarding in hate for it, but there are better interactive slots one could use.
    It's a shame there isn't a like button emoji for your statement. I just think dedicating those slots to a broader range of MUs is totally correct
    UR Dreadstill creator and BRx WGD Combo Pioneer
    Quote Originally Posted by xsockmonkeyx View Post
    EDIT: and Roodmistah. If Dreadstill sucks then he's been mopping up the East Coast with a "crap" deck and making you all look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbi View Post
    "Protection from player" is like a joke ability from Unglued. Ban this crap from legacy asap.

  5. #785

    Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Keller View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Winter Orb. I think it's too slow and clunky against decks that can play around it. Sure, no one is boarding in hate for it, but there are better interactive slots one could use.
    I think it had a place in the older U/R delver builds which were essentially counter-burn and heavily focused on 1-drops. Current builds are much more grindy and have a higher curve. All it is really doing in newer is slowing the whole game down, which may hurt your opponent but it's also slowing you down in a deck that still struggles to go late.

  6. #786
    Member
    KobeBryan's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jun 2011
    Location

    Arcadia, CA
    Posts

    2,092

    Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

    Forget winter orb. Use vortex or just burn the deck with price

  7. #787

    Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

    So this guy could be relevant for the deck, also works with attacks by TNNs even if he eats a bolt before you can cast the spell you flip. Kinda unreliable compared to Arcanist, but could be very powerful depending on what you flip over.


  8. #788

    Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

    Why does the UR burn version that plays Monastery Swiftspear have 16 lands ( + no Wasteland)? The only real 2+ mana cost card in MB is Dreadhorde Arcanist and True-Name Nemesis. Older version of RUG (pre W6) had 14 lands (excluding Wasteland) and even UR Burn which plays Young Pyromancer can be seen playing 14-15 (excluding Wasteland). Ideally UR Burn with Monastery Swiftspear should only have to play 15 lands being it is playing a 1-of basic Mountain. Onto of that typically plays 3-5 Preordains. Thoughts?

  9. #789

    Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

    Yeah I played 15 lands when I was playing the prowess build.

  10. #790

    Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    So this guy could be relevant for the deck, also works with attacks by TNNs even if he eats a bolt before you can cast the spell you flip. Kinda unreliable compared to Arcanist, but could be very powerful depending on what you flip over.

    I'm gonna give this card a go in the next tournament. Seems decent enough.

    Also, this question has probably been asked a 1000 times already but since I don't really feel like sifting through 40 pages of text: why no Snapcaster?

  11. #791

    Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

    Sometimes people run Snapcaster, but Arcanist is somewhat similar and repeatable (and doesn't cost $70).

  12. #792
    The green Ancestral
    ESG's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2010
    Location

    Seattle, WA
    Posts

    1,153

    Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

    Quote Originally Posted by mulder View Post
    Also, this question has probably been asked a 1000 times already but since I don't really feel like sifting through 40 pages of text: why no Snapcaster?
    Snapcaster Mage doesn't do enough to advance the tempo game plan. It isn't much of a threat. Snapcaster is best in midrange and control decks, which make more land drops. Adding lands to ensure you have enough mana to flashback spells with Snapcaster means you're making your Delvers slightly worse. While Snapcaster would occasionally be seen in UR Delver lists, it now has been supplanted by Dreadhorde Arcanist, which is more mana-efficient. There are other options, of course. If you're on a Prowess build, you probably want Stormchaser Mage in that slot instead.

  13. #793
    Member
    DKK's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2009
    Location

    Amsterdam
    Posts

    29

    Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

    5-0'd a local Legacy tournament today with UR Delver. The deck is the nuts. Won against Burn, MUD, 4c Leovold, Bant control and Eldrazi aggro.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game..

  14. #794

    Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

    Quote Originally Posted by DKK View Post
    5-0'd a local Legacy tournament today with UR Delver. The deck is the nuts. Won against Burn, MUD, 4c Leovold, Bant control and Eldrazi aggro.
    Was the 4c build and Bant control Oko based decks?
    The deck is still incredibly powerful. Being able to leverage Pyroblast to the fullest can easily push this deck into the top tier category.

  15. #795

    Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Was the 4c build and Bant control Oko based decks?
    The deck is still incredibly powerful. Being able to leverage Pyroblast to the fullest can easily push this deck into the top tier category.
    Indeed, while Oko is dangerous if left unchecked for long, we are still able to blast it and/or burn it twice as soon as it enters the battlefield. UR is also one of the few decks that is not affected by the new trend of Veil of Summer maindeck/side. This means we now have to face less meaningful sideboard cards.

  16. #796
    Member
    DKK's Avatar
    Join Date

    Jan 2009
    Location

    Amsterdam
    Posts

    29

    Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

    Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Was the 4c build and Bant control Oko based decks?
    The deck is still incredibly powerful. Being able to leverage Pyroblast to the fullest can easily push this deck into the top tier category.
    Yes, both of them played Oko, but did only see them when playing vs Bant.

    The list I played was as follows:

    Maindeck
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Dreadhorde Arcanist
    3 Young Pyromancer
    2 True-Name Nemesis
    2 Brazen Borrower

    4 Lightning Bolt
    1 Chain Lightning
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    3 Preordain
    1 Spell Pierce
    4 Daze
    1 Force of Negation
    4 Force of Will

    4 Scalding Tarn
    2 Flooded Strand
    1 Misty Rainforest
    1 Bloodstained Mire
    3 Volcanic Island
    3 Snow-Covered Island
    1 Snow-Covered Mountain
    4 Wasteland

    Sideboard
    3 Pyroblast
    1 Flusterstorm
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Abrade
    1 Blood Moon
    1 Izzet Staticaster
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Null Rod
    1 Magmatic Sinkhole
    1 Submerge

    Basically took the list from Andreas Mueller from the cardmarket series in Prague as a starting point and made some minor tweaks. The maindeck felt very solid. I consider the Spell Pierce, Borrower#2 and/or TNN #2, Chain Lightning, Force of Negation and Island #3 to be flex slots based on your meta/preference.

    In the side I liked the 3rd Pyroblast as a 1 mana answer to Oko/Teferi/Snapcaster/Strix/Coatl/Leovold. Abrade overperformed as well. Submerge was only so-so, but I expected more Goyfs than I encountered. Figuring out whether I like Izzet Staticaster (repeatable) over Elecktrickery (instant)/Blazing Volley (1cmc for Arcanist).

    Also, for what matchups do people play Sulfuric Vortex?
    Last edited by DKK; 12-07-2019 at 06:00 PM.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game..

  17. #797
    Member

    Join Date

    Oct 2015
    Location

    SWFL
    Posts

    67

    Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

    Stoneblade or Oko Control (miracles/lands)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 1 guests)

  1. non-inflammable