Quote Originally Posted by DKK View Post
First of all, congrats on the finish! Interesting list, have you ever missed YP? Also, how has the Fiery Islet been for you? I'm interested in how often you use it for mana (losing life) before you draw a card. Isn't it awkward every now and then when you have an opener with just the Islet, but also Cantrip (or Delver) + Daze?

Also how have the Shenanigans been for you? I take it you prefer the recurrance over the flexibility of Abrade, which is useful in a broader range of matchups (Mirror, Elves, etc)

What does not add up to me is how you say Blood Moon is too slow on the one hand, but at the same time say the answer is another 3cc card. They serve different roles: against colorless Eldrazi Blood Moon stops the your opponent from deploying any further threats (at least most of them) after you've hopefully countered or Bolted the first. Against the Red variant it is less value, but still can keep them of colorless mana and thus Smasher/TKS. TNN stops threats that are on the board already, although you it does not stop Reality Smasher by itself. Also, Ghost Quarter lets them search for a basic Wastes (colorless deck) or Mountain (Red Eldrazi) while costing you a turn and a land, so effectively it might slow you more than it does to them.

That depends on which turn it comes down. Turn 1 it's a must-counter most of the time, but afterwards it's sometimes just a 3-mana draw 1 for them instead of deploying a threat.
The only time i missed YP was in one game in the mirror, but only because i haven`t drawn a TNN. I am convinced that tnn is far superior. My deck is build with oko in mind. Everything is there to beat oko and it worked. I smashed all the oko decks. The only game i lost to oko, was game one in the finals, whre my Miracle opponent dazed!! my TNN

Shenanigans beats up on the artifact hate cards like no other card can. I dont have room in the mirror for the abrades. So i didn`t miss them. If i would want a card for elves or the mirror, it would definitly be Blazing Volley.

My argument for GQ over blood moon is, that most of the eldrazi aggro players don`t play Wastes and against post blood moon hasen`t worked for me, because it was too slow to denie them there mana.

Fiery Islet was amazing. I had only one game, where it hurded me twice. And it is very good against Choke

BTW i have no idea how to beat the red eldrazi deck. Any Thoughts on that or other questions?