Thread: [DTB] U/R Delver

Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

Quote Originally Posted by raudo View Post
    Anyone tried Miracle U/R Delver?

I'm trying a list with:
    2-4 Temporal Masteries
    1-3 Thunderous Wraths
    0-1 Reforge the Souls

Creature base should of course include Young Pyromancer then. Anyone has tried this already (Didn't find a different primer) out or should I update here the list I'm using for the testing?
    Sounds intresting, please let us know. What other cards than ponder/brainstorm are you thinking of using? Predict?
    Last edited by t000; 07-19-2017 at 04:52 PM.
    Regards

Mar 2016
    Austria

Re: [DTB] U/R Delver- Help with Meta Choices for Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by appleseiter15 View Post
    That's a good idea! Would you put it main or side? What would you take out in favor of it?
    I would most likely either cut the second copy of Sulfuric Vortex or Null rod from the board in favour of Dismember.

"UR Miracle Delver" sounds funny. Please share your list

Quote Originally Posted by t000 View Post
    Sounds intresting, please let us know. What other cards than ponder/brainstorm are you thinking of using? Predict?
    Preordain feels must, but still tinkering about final decklist.
    Thinking full set of Preordains. Pondering the final amount between Chain Lightnings and Thunderous Wraths.

Currently:

Blue instant/sorcery 25:
    4x Force of Will
    4x Daze
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Ponder
    4x Gitaxian Probe
    3x Temporal Mastery
    2x Preordain

Red instant/sorcery 8:
    4x Lightning Bolt
    2x Thunderous Wrath
    2x Chain Lightning

Creatures 11:
    4x Delver of Secrets
    4x Monastery Swiftspear
    3x Young Pyromancer

Lands 16:
    4x Scalding Tarn
    2x Flooded Strand
    3x Polluted Delta
    3x Volcanic Island
    2x Island
    2x Mountain

Oct 2015
    Prague, CZ

Quote Originally Posted by raudo View Post
    Preordain feels must, but still tinkering about final decklist.
    Thinking full set of Preordains. Pondering the final amount between Chain Lightnings and Thunderous Wraths.

Currently:

Blue instant/sorcery 25:
    4x Force of Will
    4x Daze
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Ponder
    4x Gitaxian Probe
    3x Temporal Mastery
    2x Preordain

Red instant/sorcery 8:
    4x Lightning Bolt
    2x Thunderous Wrath
    2x Chain Lightning

Creatures 11:
    4x Delver of Secrets
    4x Monastery Swiftspear
    3x Young Pyromancer

Lands 16:
    4x Scalding Tarn
    2x Flooded Strand
    3x Polluted Delta
    3x Volcanic Island
    2x Island
    2x Mountain
    In my opinion, Probe is really poor in a deck with miracle cards.

Quote Originally Posted by jattra View Post
    In my opinion, Probe is really poor in a deck with miracle cards.
    Yes Probe is on my watch list but it stills feels too good to left out with this creaturebase. Some discard outlet like Ideas Unbound or Faithless looting might be worth testing to get rid of Miracles from your hand. But is should be one mana and blue instead of those two.

Thing is you don't really want to blind draw in that sort of deck. More card selection like Portent would be better and it allows you to miracle in your opponents turn.

I was wondering if something like that was possible in those weeks. I think that portent is a must have to miracles in opponent turn. Miracles cards+portent is a bit of a nonbo with the classic approach of the deck so it's possible that cutting gitaxian + aggressive prowess creatures is needed if we want to try that route.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Mar 2016
    Austria

As storm and other Combo decks have not put up those huge numbers predicted by many players after the top ban, should we go back cutting the 4th FoW from the main? The Meta seems to be heavy on Grixis Delver and Grindy Control/Midrange decks where Force is just plain bad or at least not in the best spot. Maybe go back to 3 PoP or a fireblast main?

Take a look at the latest large paper Legacy result, SCG Legacy Classic:

This "Grixis" delver with only Surgical as its black card (thanks SCG):
    http://sales.starcitygames.com//deck...?DeckID=115131

Certainly interesting with 4 TNN and 0 Price of Progress, the 2 Blood Moon SB is brutal for sure. Has Completely abandoned the Prowess approach.

Played in a 50-man event yesterday, ended up dropping in round 5 of 7 as I was 2-3, ended up facing some weird decks and stuff I find U/R works well against like Grixis and D&T I never got matched against despite there being plenty of them in the room.

I played this list:

4 Delver
    4 Swiftspear
    3 Soul-scar Mage
    1 Grim Lavamancer
    2 Stormchaser

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Git Probe
    4 Daze
    4 Force
    4 Lightning Bolt
    4 Chain Lightning
    2 PoP

3 Volc
    2 Island
    2 Mountain
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Flooded Strand
    2 Bloodstained Mire

Sideboard:
    2 Pyrostatic Pillar
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Pyroblast
    1 Spell pierce
    1 Vapor Snag
    2 Surgical extraction
    2 Smash to Smithereens
    1 Dismember
    2 Rough//Rumble
    1 PoP

Match 1 vs Punishing Fire: 2-1

Game 1 I start off ok but he's able to keep my board thin with punishing fire. Then he gets a Knight of the Reliquary down, quickly followed by another, to slow my ground creature damage and is able to buy time to fetch out Dark Depths and I concered with Marit Lage going down in my end step. Game 2 I just had a super aggressive hand and drew into more bolts after that and was able to kill him in no time. Game 3 he goes all in dumping two mox diamonds to get a turn 1 Lilli on the table but then I play pithing needle on my first turn and leave him stuck topdecking with a useless planeswalker in play.

Match 2 vs Merfolk : 0-2

Game 1 I realise it is merfolk, try to counter the aether vial but he has force up. I put up a bit of a fight and it was close but he was able to get island walk back in what was likely to be his last turn before I kill him and ignore all my blockers. Game 2 I counter a chalice on 1 but again he has a force ready. I figure I have a chance of topdecking smash to smithereens but then he follows with another chalice and I concede with a hand of 3 lightning bolt and 2 chain lightning, bad times.

Match 3 vs Goblins: 2-0

He never managed to find an Aether vial in game 1 and I kept his most annoying goblins under control with bolts, pretty simple wins in both games.

Match 4 vs Goblins: 0-2

Yet another tribal matchup. Game 1 I get some good early damage down but he is able to just keep filling up the board and putting blockers in my way until his board state got out of control. Game 2 he gets an okay start and I fail to blind flip a delver 3 turns in a row and then it gets killed, but he whiffs a ringleader and a well timed rough//rumble gives me a chance with his hand mostly empty. I get him to 3 life but he has some blockers up again. I then manage to draw land 4 turns in a row and lose.

Martch 5 vs Miracles: 0-2

Always a bad matchup it is back. I regretted having pyrostatic pillar here instead of sulfuric vortex. Game 1 I didn't realise it was miracles until I had 3 boys on the board and they prompty eat a terminus, bad times. From then I can't really recover and eventually he gets a monastery mentor to stick and I go down. Game 2 it a bit more even, I commit to board slowly to force him to terminus a single creature and it is working well and rough//tumble + soul-scar makes short work of his attempt to flood me with mentors. I get him down to 1 life but am topdecking and he has a snapcaster on the board, get two ponders in a row countered, then draw a brainstorm with 3 life left. Find two daze and a fetch and using the latter to shuffle would mean i die next turn so it's another GG to miracles.

The tribal matchups were just as bit annoying and not really worth preparing for but cleary we still have to think about miracles in the sideboard. I think I will swap pyrostatic pillar out for sulfuric vortex again but wonder if there are any other things we should be considering for the new style of miracles since this deck just refuses to die.

Dec 2016
    Toronto Canada

Grand Prix Toronto was this weekend. I played Legacy side events all 3 days and ended up with a decent record. Played Canadian Threshold on the Friday in a daily going 3-0-1 (beat MUD) and played UR Delver for the Legacy Showdowns both Saturday and Sunday. Finally have something to contribute to the Tournament report section.

Saturday
    75 Players, they announced 6 rounds but I told them in round 1 it should be 7 rounds, so they changed it to 7 rounds at round 3. (At least they changed it early-ish. I didn't mind though, more Legacy, more fun.)

List
    Creature
    4x Delver of Secrets
    1x Grim Lavamancer
    4x Monastery Swiftspear
    3x Stormchaser Mage
    1x True-Name Nemesis

Instant
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Daze
    4x Force of Will
    4x Lightning Bolt
    2x Price of Progress
    1x Fireblast

Sorcery
    3x Chain Lightning
    4x Gitaxian Probe
    4x Ponder
    1x Forked Bolt

Land
    2x Polluted Delta
    3x Island
    3x Misty Rainforest
    1x Mountain
    4x Scalding Tarn
    3x Volcanic Island

Sideboard
    1x Sudden Demise
    1x Grafdigger’s Cage
    1x Flusterstorm
    1x Spell Pierce
    1x Price of Progress
    2x Pyroblast
    2x Smash to Smithereens
    1x Bedlam Reveler
    1x Vendilion Clique
    1x Sulfuric Vortex
    2x Surgical Extraction
    1x Submerge

Round 1: BUG Delver
    G1 Can't remember too much, got in a steady stream of damage with bolts Stormchasers and Swiftspears until he was dead.

Boarding: In; Submerge, Flusterstorm, 1 Pyroblast, Price of Progress, Bedlam Reveler Out; 2 Force of Will 1 Chain Lightning, 2 Gitaxian Probe, Forked Bolt

G2 He starts by fetching an Underground Sea and deploying a Deathrite Shaman. I lead with Volcanic into a Delver. He Hymns me on turn 2 and hits both lands in my hand, yet he fails to make a land drop. I fail to flip my Delver. I Probe to see what is up and I see Deluge, 2 Goyfs, Hymn and a Delver. I follow up with a Ponder to try to set up the Delver and see 2 lands and a Daze. I have a Spell Pierce in hand. So, I am faced with the decision of drawing the Daze to stop a Tarmogoyf and not flipping my Delver, or I can draw a land to hold up Spell Pierce for the Hymn and flip the Delver next turn. I decide to predict him to go for the Hymn next turn and I draw the land to hold up Spell Pierce. He didn't do anything next turn so I flipped my Delver and got the ball rolling from there while he missed on lands and I quickly took the game.
    1-0 (matches)/2-0 (games)

Round 2: Czech Pile
    G1 Managed to find running Stormchaser Mages, which he had trouble dealing with. I Probed him later on after he had dealt with 2 of them using Murderous Cut and Snapcaster to get it back, and found that he was stuck with an awkward Kolaghan's Command in his hand. I ended up finding a couple more threats and riding
    them to victory.

Boarding: In; Submerge, Sulfuric Vortex, Bedlam Reveler, Spell Pierce, Price of Progress, 2 Pyroblast, Flusterstorm Out; 4 Force of Will, 2 Daze, 2 Gitaxian Probe

G2 Start out on Grim Lavamancer, but he eventually kills it with a Liliana of the Veil, but I take out the Liliana in response. I start to flood, however I have a Bedlam Reveler, so I aggressively Bolt him to get a spell in my graveyard and cast the Reveler, discarding a useless Volcanic Island and drawing straight gas. I get a Swiftspear on the board next turn and swing in. He plays a Toxic Deluge on his turn paying 5 life(!!! thanks), killing both my creatures but bringing him to 2 life. I follow up with a Delver and Ponder to set it up, but I found a Forked Bolt and just killed him instead.
    2-0/4-0

Round 3: 4 Colour Loam
    G1 I start out with a Swiftspear but it gets dealt with by a Liliana. He eventually gets a Maze of Ith and a Dark Confidant on the board but I get more pressure and drop hit him with a small Price of Progress and finish him off from there.

Boarding: In; Price of Progress, Sulfuric Vortex, Submerge, 2 Smash to Smithereens, Bedlam Reveler Out; 4 Daze, Forked Bolt, 1 Gitaxian Probe

G2 I kept a 7 that lost to a Chalice on 1, but knowing that it isn't very likely that he will have the ability to Chalice on 1 turn 1. He starts on Verdant Catacombs and passes. I start on a Delver and pass. He plays a Windswept Heath on turn 2 and passes. I thought it was quite odd he hadn't done anything yet, so I expected an Abrupt Decay on my turn to get rid of the Delver. I flip the Delver on a Brainstrom and play a Monastery Swiftspear. I Ponder, trying to find an answer to a potential Chalice of the Void and see Price, Price, Smash to Smithereens(!!!). I draw a Price, swing for 5 and surprisingly no Abrupt Decay. So over to him. He cracks his fetchlands on my end step bringing him to 13 finding a Scrubland and a Badlands, which was quite strange. He plays a Wasteland on his turn and taps out for Liliana of the Veil and edicts me. I chuck the Swiftspear. I untap draw a card and crack a small smile and my opponent asks me if he is dead. I toss a Price of Progress and a Fireblast on the table, yes, you are dead.
    3-0/6-0

Round 4: Turbo Depths
    G1 I start out with some pressure and stop his Sylvan Scrying and he doesn't draw what he needs and dies.

Boarding: In; Flusterstorm, Spell Pierce, Vendilion Clique, Submerge, 2 Surgical Extraction Out; Forked bolt, 3 Gitaxian Probe, 2 Chain Lightning

G2 He mulls to 5. He starts out on Urborg and passes. I Start out on a Delver and pass. He plays a Tabernacle on turn 2. I get some more pressure and Chain
    Lightning a Vampire Hexmage he plays and just ride some creatures to victory.
    4-0/8-0

Round 5: Deadguy Ale
    G1 I start out with Swiftspear and Daze a Swords to Plowshares. I cantrip next turn and swing in again. He Inquisitions me on Turn 2 showing a hand with some burn and a Swiftspear. He takes my Swiftspear and Plows my other Swiftspear. I Brainstorm trying to find another red source and find it, so I can fire off multiple bolts on following turns. I Price of Progress dropping him to 9 with a couple bolts in hand and having a Bolt on top too. He has pressure in Lingering Souls but is not attacking me with all 4 souls, so that he can play around a hasty creature and a Bolt to clear the Spirits. He plays a Stoneforge Mystic and finds Batterskull, a crucial mistake. I bolt him twice on my turn dropping him to 3. If he had a Jitte, he would have been able to survive the next Bolt I fired at his face.

Boarding: In; Vendilion Clique, Sulfuric Vortex, Bedlam Reveler, 2 Smash to Smithereens, Sudden Demise, Spell Pierce Out; 4 Force of Will, 2 Daze, 1 Price of Progress

G2 He got his Jitte Smashed and I let him go for Lingering Souls and get the flashback too, so that I could Sudden Demise them all away and finish him off.
    5-0/10-0

Round 6: Miracles
    ID
    5-0-1
    Round 7: Jund
    ID
    5-0-2
    I had some time so I got my Ponders altered by Dan Scott, bought some tokens from RK Post, chatted with friends, and watched some Legacy.

Top 8
    So I am second seed going into top 8. The top 8 in order was;
    Miracles
    UR Delver
    Deadguy Ale
    Jund
    ANT
    Deadguy Ale
    Lands
    Grixis Delver

The top 8 split the prize tickets, 800 a piece, but played it out for glory.

Quarterfinals: Lands
    G1 I have some pressure but he is able to stop some of it with Maze of Ith. He ends up getting a Glacial Chasm with a Crop Rotation, after I Price of Progress him to 3. He goes to 1 but has a Chasm lock set up with multiple Thespian Stages. I have a Bolt in hand and we are in untimed rounds, so I just wait it out to see if he makes a mistake. He shows me he is competent and doesn't screw it up and I concede when he rids me of all my red mana sources.

Boarding: In; Vendilion Clique, Sulfuric Vortex, 2 Surgical Extraction, Submerge, Price of Progress, 2 Smash to Smithereens Out; 4 Daze, Forked Bolt 2 Gitaxian Probe, 1 Chain Lightning

G2 I Probe him on turn 1 seeing Krosan Grip, Loam, Stage, 2 Wasteland, Tireless Tracker and his only coloured source is a Mox Diamond. I play a Delver off of a basic Island and pass. He sets up the Life from the Loam engine, then I immediately flip Delver to Smash to Smithereens, blow up his Mox Diamond and he never finds another coloured source and dies.
    G3 I have early pressure, but he has a Tabernacle locking down my lands. He also has Maze of Ith which is stopping my Delver from getting in for damage, but my Monastery Swiftspear is getting in for 1 for a few turns. I was able to Surgical Extraction Dark Depths to stop him from killing me quickly. I find another land and cantrip then get in for 2. He has a couple Rishadan Ports so he tries to tap down my last land in my next upkeep after I pay for Tabernacle, in which I respond by Bolting him and get in for another 2 damage. Next turn he is holding up mana to copy a Maze of Ith with a Thespian Stage, so he doesn't Port me which allows me to play another Swiftspear and get in again. He gets a Glacial Chasm on the board and goes to 1, but is unable to lock me out and concedes.
    6-0-2/12-1

Top 4
    The top 4
    Miracles>Grixis Delver
    UR Delver>Lands
    Deadguy Ale>Deadguy Ale
    ANT>Jund

Semifinals: Deadguy Ale (Rematch)
    G1 He is able to take out most of my creatures and I am resorting to burning him out again. I do make a crucial mistake by casting Price of Progress while I had 2 Volcanic Islands in play and not sacrificing them both to Fireblast in response to me casting Price of Progress. He was left at 3 life and had to fade a topdeck Bolt, but I left myself with too few turns to get there from that mistake.

Boarding: In; Same as last time, Out; 4 Force of Will, 2 Gitaxian Probe, 1 Daze

G2 I am able to pressure him quickly despite him having a Sword of Fire and Ice and burn him out.

Boarding: In; 1 Gitaxian Probe Out; 1 Daze

G3 I am drawing what I need. He Wastes me off of my Volcanic Island, and I promptly draw a basic Mountain and continue the beatdown. We get to a board state where he neither of us have anything on board and I Clique him in his draw step and see 2 Lingering Souls, a Sword of Fire and Ice and a land. I take a Lingering Souls, but he is able to Zealous Persecution the Clique away land the Sword and get the Lingering souls to kill me. GGs
    6-1-2/13-3

Finals
    Miracles>ANT
    Deadguy Ale> UR Delver

I believe Miracles won the event. Congrats to the winner and to the top 8 and top 16!

In all, not losing a game in swiss was fun, the deck was solid, an alarming number of Tabernacles in the room and I knew most of the people in the top 8.
    If anyone wants the report from Sunday I will gladly write one up, spoiler went 4-2 winning my last round with the best tiebreakers of the 9 pointers and made 9th, TILT. Thanks for reading this report!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    I tap all 5 of my lands on my turn. He's like....OMG not Shriekmaw. I land Batterskull. He's like. Ok sure. LOL, not very often someone is more happy to see Batterskull then a Shriekmaw.

What are everyone's thoughts/experiences regarding Soul-Scar Mage? Personally, I play three and I really like having him in the deck, but I see a lot of lists that don't include him. It seems like a pretty even split on MTG Top 8. I like him because I find the games where I have a turn one threat I am way more likely to win and it acts like swiftspears 5-8. What are pros and cons of this card and in what metas do you believe he shines?

Quote Originally Posted by appleseiter15 View Post
    What are everyone's thoughts/experiences regarding Soul-Scar Mage? Personally, I play three and I really like having him in the deck, but I see a lot of lists that don't include him. It seems like a pretty even split on MTG Top 8. I like him because I find the games where I have a turn one threat I am way more likely to win and it acts like swiftspears 5-8. What are pros and cons of this card and in what metas do you believe he shines?
    I am trying three and overall think it is good. As you say, better chance for a turn 1 threat and is in most respects much like a swiftspear. Also the wither ability can be pretty relevant against several decks especially Grixis lists with Gurmag Angler. It also synergises really well with rough//tumble in the sideboard.

Hey guys. Thinking of trying UR delver at some local events while I wait for my 3rd volcanic island. Thoughts on the list?

* 4 Tarn
    * 4 Delta
    * 1 Foothills
    * 1 Steam Vents (ugh)
    * 2 Island
    * 2 Mountain
    * 2 Volc
    * 4 Delver
    * 4 Swiftspear
    * 3 Stormchaser
    * 2 Bedlam Reveler
    * 4 Bolt
    * 4 Chain
    * 4 Daze
    * 4 Brainstorm
    * 4 Ponder
    * 1 Fireblast
    * 2 Pop
    * 4 Force
    * 4 Git Probe

Sideboard

* 2 Blood Moon
    * 1 Pop
    * 2 Reb
    * 2 Surgical
    * 2 Spell Pierce (waiting for Fstorm reprint)
    * 1 Blazing Volley
    * 1 Rough/Tumble
    * 1 Sulfuric Vortex
    * 1 V-clique
    * 2 Smash to Smithereens
    Last edited by jdmdave; 08-01-2017 at 06:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdmdave View Post
    Hey guys. Thinking of trying UR delver at some local events while I wait for my 3rd volcanic island. Thoughts on the list?

* 4 Tarn
    * 4 Delta
    * 1 Foothills
    * 1 Steam Vents (ugh)
    * 2 Island
    * 2 Mountain
    * 2 Volc
    * 4 Delver
    * 4 Swiftspear
    * 3 Stormchaser
    * 2 Bedlam Reveler
    * 4 Bolt
    * 4 Chain
    * 4 Daze
    * 4 Brainstorm
    * 4 Ponder
    * 1 Fireblast
    * 2 Pop
    * 4 Force
    * 4 Git Probe

Sideboard

* 2 Blood Moon
    * 1 Pop
    * 2 Reb
    * 2 Surgical
    * 2 Spell Pierce (waiting for Fstorm reprint)
    * 1 Blazing Volley
    * 1 Rough/Tumble
    * 1 Sulfuric Vortex
    * 1 V-clique
    * 2 Smash to Smithereens
    IMO blood moon isn't great for UR Delver because you can't power it out like some other decks can. You'd be stuck playing on turn 3 at the earliest, and even then, you could just use that mana to burn your opponent and keep them off balance. Looking at your list, I'd add a few more hate cards for the tough match-ups, I like Faerie Macabre since it can't be countered and can really mess with an opponent's combo. Just a thought, and other than that your list looks good.

I feel like a one-of blood moon might be a decent meta play. I've tried it a bit and it's actually pretty good on the draw vs Grixis decks, which are pretty common and performing well now. Friend of mine plays Grixis and unless he has a good board down already blood moon resolving is basically an auto-scoop.

Dec 2016
    Toronto Canada

So I got to test Soul-Scar Mage in a League run with the deck online. The matches were;

Win 2-1 vs Aluren
    Win 2-1 vs Omnitell(mono Blue)
    Win 2-1 vs ANT(surfinbird19!)
    Win 2-0 vs Sneak and Show
    Win 2-0 vs Punishing Thieves

Soul-Scar Mage was excellent. I am honestly impressed. Being another threat that should never be uncastable, unlike True-Name Nemesis can be, is very beneficial to this deck's strategy. I feel like it also makes the deck kill faster and be better at racing combo, because it is an extra 1 mana prowess threat. I plan to run the card through far more leagues to test it online and hopefully I can get some more 5-0's, so that I can get a bigger sample size. Hopefully the list gets on Goldfish tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled.
    I tap all 5 of my lands on my turn. He's like....OMG not Shriekmaw. I land Batterskull. He's like. Ok sure. LOL, not very often someone is more happy to see Batterskull then a Shriekmaw.

Have a list?

Also, what are everyone's thoughts on riddleform? I've been testing UR prowess in standard and riddleform is consistently more impressive than stormchaser in that grossly underpowered shell. Pitches to force, evasion, dodges sorcery spell removal, late game card filtering?

Quote Originally Posted by jdmdave View Post
    Have a list?

Also, what are everyone's thoughts on riddleform? I've been testing UR prowess in standard and riddleform is consistently more impressive than stormchaser in that grossly underpowered shell. Pitches to force, evasion, dodges sorcery spell removal, late game card filtering?
    Never seen that card before you mentioned it but yeah it could work actually. Might give it a go for a bit and see how it performs.

Dec 2016
    Toronto Canada

Quote Originally Posted by TheManWithaPlan View Post
    So I got to test Soul-Scar Mage in a League run with the deck online. The matches were;

Win 2-1 vs Aluren
    Win 2-1 vs Omnitell(mono Blue)
    Win 2-1 vs ANT(surfinbird19!)
    Win 2-0 vs Sneak and Show
    Win 2-0 vs Punishing Thieves

Soul-Scar Mage was excellent. I am honestly impressed. Being another threat that should never be uncastable, unlike True-Name Nemesis can be, is very beneficial to this deck's strategy. I feel like it also makes the deck kill faster and be better at racing combo, because it is an extra 1 mana prowess threat. I plan to run the card through far more leagues to test it online and hopefully I can get some more 5-0's, so that I can get a bigger sample size. Hopefully the list gets on Goldfish tomorrow, so keep your eyes peeled.
    Wizards doesn't want to post my list. . . So, I guess I have to do it (sigh).

List
    Creatures
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Monastery Swiftspear
    3 Soul-Scar Mage
    1 Grim Lavamancer
    2 Stormchaser Mage

Spells
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Lightning Bolt
    3 Chain Lightning
    1 Forked Bolt
    2 Price of Progress
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will

Lands
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Flooded Strand
    3 Volcanic Island
    3 Island
    1 Mountain

Sideboard
    1 Flusterstorm
    1 Spell Pierce
    1 Vendilion Clique
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Pyroblast
    1 Price of Progress
    2 Smash to Smithereens
    1 Pyrostatic Pillar
    1 Sulfuric Vortex
    1 Bedlam Reveler
    1 Rough/Tumble
    1 Grafdigger's Cage

Thread Information