Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: [DTB] U/R Delver

Re: [Deck] U/R Delver

To hedge against combo I think this list is a great route to take. http://www.hareruyamtg.com/en/k/kD30486S/

I have a friend who plays Turbo Depths and this variant of UR seemed heavily favored in our testing. Being able to use wasteland/stifle really hinders their gameplan and the extra countermagic goes a long way as well. Yes it doesn't counter the actual 2 lands for the combo but stopping any of their tutors (crop rotation, into the north, expedition map) means they're playing off the top of their deck and that's usually too slow unless they get lucky.

My 2 cents.

Mar 2016
    Austria

My laptop has crashed so i currently don't have access to our discord chat, what do you guys think of the new spoiled Chart a course?
    Draw 2 for 1U with (basically) no drawback ?

Hey guys, let's do it! The blue yonder awaits! Yahoo!
    Apr 2011
    The World

Shame it is a sorcery, but not bad for refilling your hand.
    "Be it ever so crumbled, there's no place like home."

RGCL (GQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Welcome aboard, in her dark name we do dedicate this performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    That actually sounds erotic.
    Youtube-playlist dedicated to RGCL

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Tempel View Post
    My laptop has crashed so i currently don't have access to our discord chat, what do you guys think of the new spoiled Chart a course?
    Draw 2 for 1U with (basically) no drawback ?
    Yeah it is nice. Even for prowess casting it to get rid of a FoW or land you don't need before combat is okay as well and it pitches to force as well. Only thing is I'm not sure what to cut for it. Maybe could run a one-of in place of a probe.

hello guys :) I finally want to upgrade my Burn deck to an Ur Delver list. I got all the cards except 4 FoW and the Volcanics. Im testing this build every day for around 1 week now with proxys and I have a question about the manabase:
    So the Prowess build is only running 16 lands which I think are not enough. Do you guys have any problems with it? Sometimes I don't have a single land on hand which I have to muligan and even with 1 land and no Delver or Swiftspear the hand is most of the time "not that good". I tried it with 17 lands which was a little better. but still not optimal especially while playing against Tempo Delver decks with 4 Wastelands and 3-4 Stifle Do you have any problems with running only 16 lands? Second question: is it possible to play only 2 Volcanics instead of 3? I can definitely afford 2 Volcanics in the next 1-2 month but not the third one. Can you still play the deck with 2? If yes would you go for the Reveler list or the list with Snapcaster and a 1-2 TNN? Maybe it can be hard to cast Reveler with only 2 Volcanics. How about Fireblast in the 2 Volcanic list?

Nov 2011
    Finland

Hi! I dont think you can play more than 16 lands in this deck. I have been playing this deck in modo for about a year and I still flood with 16 lands more than I would like. Flooding is a bigger problem than having one land in your opener. I know it can feel akward to keep those one landers but this is just the way this deck plays, you can function with only one or two lands and you have cantrips to find lands. I play the full 4 Volcanics but 3 is fine also. I guess you can run 2 but it´s not that optimal. Here is a link to the list I play now and have been quite happy for a while. http://tcdecks.net/deck.php?id=24571&iddeck=192804

Dec 2016
    Toronto Canada

When I was building my Legacy collection I played UR Delver with 2 Volcanics and a Steam Vents. I think you need the third dual land in the deck to have it function properly, and to be totally honest with you the deck was fine with 1 Steam Vents over the 3rd Volcanic.

As for which build to play, I recommend a streamlined version with no payoff cards like Bedlam Reveler or Snapcaster Mage. Payoff cards like Snapcaster and Reveler are very mana intensive cards and your plan in game one should be to try to be as linear as possible. I feel like the best creature base is comprised of 4 Stormchasers, 4 Delvers, 4 Swiftspears, 1Lavamancer and/or TNN. Bedlam Reveler, however, is an absolutely phenomenal sideboard card though. It is extremely good in the grindy matchups where you usually can't just rush your opponent down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    I tap all 5 of my lands on my turn. He's like....OMG not Shriekmaw. I land Batterskull. He's like. Ok sure. LOL, not very often someone is more happy to see Batterskull then a Shriekmaw.

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Brought UR to a local last week and had great games going 4-0 with a rather generic set up of 3 Stormchaster Mages, 2 Bedlams (might cut one for a Lavamancer), 4 Chain Lightnings, 1 Fireblast among the fixed slots.
    My SB is trimmed for the local, combo heavy meta, so keep in mind that I'd most likely lost the combo MUs with a different board.

Rd1 NicFit 2:1
    I think I lose the first game to him playing better creatures and gaining some life. Altough he claimed that it's a good MU for me, I am pretty sure that if he can land Explorer into Strix and create some value on the board, it is very tough to beat that deck. In game two I am very lucky having a fast Vortex in play and him only Explorer as a clock, I proceed to draw some Bolts and win. Following that I find myself in a strange situations with his CT on the stack, knowing my hand, I decide to fire all my burn spells at his face (14 dmg). I am lucky enough to draw Chain L into L Bolt the following turns.

Rd2 ANT 2:1
    I know he is on ANT and my t1 Ponder shows me a FoW which I leave on top. He only sees a Daze in my hand with his t1 GP and doesnt find a discard spell or PiF some turns later and my plan works out nicely forcing the last IT. Surprisingly, he left Ad Nauseam in the deck for g2 (which is a mistake), which wins him the game after he sequenced some spells in the wrong order but I only had a Pierce and two Dazes but no hard counter or SE. In the last game I am carefully countering his cantrips until I have a Delver and a Cage. He drains me for 16 I believe but my army is too big and I can bring it home in extra turns.

Rd3 UB Reanimator 2:1
    I have no idea what he plays but see a strong hand after playing a GP. Since I don't have a FoW, I cannot stop him from reanimating Tidespout Tyrant some turns later (he only had this one after a Careful Study), which is eventually too powerful for my Swiftspears. For both postboard games I bring in a decent amount of hate and manage to win them with slow beatdown and always having meaningful interaction in hand and a Vortex.

Rd4 Grixis Delver 2:1
    Yet another 2:1 and yet another tricky MU where at least I feel like I am decently favoured. We have some interesting games that go back and forth but fortunately for me he makes some smaller mistakes playing Clique during a suboptimal phase, which openned up a possibility for me to squeeze enough damage with Delver and a timely Price of Progress.
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

Quote Originally Posted by IamHANDSOME View Post
    hello guys :) I finally want to upgrade my Burn deck to an Ur Delver list. I got all the cards except 4 FoW and the Volcanics. Im testing this build every day for around 1 week now with proxys and I have a question about the manabase:
    So the Prowess build is only running 16 lands which I think are not enough. Do you guys have any problems with it? Sometimes I don't have a single land on hand which I have to muligan and even with 1 land and no Delver or Swiftspear the hand is most of the time "not that good". I tried it with 17 lands which was a little better. but still not optimal especially while playing against Tempo Delver decks with 4 Wastelands and 3-4 Stifle Do you have any problems with running only 16 lands? Second question: is it possible to play only 2 Volcanics instead of 3? I can definitely afford 2 Volcanics in the next 1-2 month but not the third one. Can you still play the deck with 2? If yes would you go for the Reveler list or the list with Snapcaster and a 1-2 TNN? Maybe it can be hard to cast Reveler with only 2 Volcanics. How about Fireblast in the 2 Volcanic list?
    Definitely would not go for more land, if anything I'd be more willing to try cutting down to 15 lands than go up to 17 or 18. The deck is aggressive and meant to be doing a lot of damage with relatively little mana resources. Drawing more land beyond your third feels really bad with this deck as you'll just never need more than 3 lands and usually 2 is fine. Wasteland and stifle are an issue yes, but with our very low CMC deck and plenty of basics we can deal with it better than most. If wasteland could be a big problem (such as in a 1-land hand) just fetch a basic island as that's all you need to cantrip for anything else, and just wait for your opponent to tap out if you fear stifle. Running a single steam vents instead of a volcanic island is definitely doable, but you should aim to get the volcanic island eventually (only picked up a third myself a couple months ago after playing this deck for more than a year).

Moving on, I'm a bit concerned about the general popularity of chalice of the void right now. Had quite a few games where a game 1 turn 1 chalice resolves and pretty much just have to concede without ever playing a card because we just have too many 1-drops to fight it.

So I'm considering adding a third smash to smithereens in my sideboard but also wondering if running an Abrade instead of a chain lightning in the mainboard is worthwhile. No face damage unforunately but in matchups without chalice it can still kill a creature if needed and various other decks run potentially annoying mainboard artifacts like aether vial, jitte, batterskull. Main issues with it are that it does nothing against storm, reainmator and lands. What do people think about mainboarding Abrade?

Anyone testing chart a course in UR?

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

so this is my deck which I'm testing right now and looking to buy:

4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Monastery Swiftspear
    1 Grim Lavamancer
    3 Stormchaser Mage
    2 True-Name Nemsis

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will

4 Lightning Bolt
    2 Chain Lightning
    2 Price of Progress
    1 Fireblast
    1 Vapor Snag

4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Bloodstained Mire
    3 Volcanic Island
    2 Island
    2 Mountain

Does it look solid? Anything obviously which is not good? Are 2 TNN to much main? So far I liked the 1 Grim Lavamancer as my 9 "removal spell/pinger" and an other 1 drop. Furthermore how is TNN main deck compared to Bedlam Reveler? edit: Single Vapor Snag main because in my meta there ALWAYS 2 Lands decks with Dark Depths AND 2 Reanimator for sure!

Dec 2016
    Toronto Canada

so this is my deck which I'm testing right now and looking to buy:

4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Monastery Swiftspear
    1 Grim Lavamancer
    3 Stormchaser Mage
    2 True-Name Nemsis

4 Brainstorm
    4 Ponder
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Daze
    4 Force of Will

4 Lightning Bolt
    2 Chain Lightning
    2 Price of Progress
    1 Fireblast
    1 Vapor Snag

4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Bloodstained Mire
    3 Volcanic Island
    2 Island
    2 Mountain

Does it look solid? Anything obviously which is not good? Are 2 TNN to much main? So far I liked the 1 Grim Lavamancer as my 9 "removal spell/pinger" and an other 1 drop. Furthermore how is TNN main deck compared to Bedlam Reveler? edit: Single Vapor Snag main because in my meta there ALWAYS 2 Lands decks with Dark Depths AND 2 Reanimator for sure!
    2 TNN's are definitely too many in the mainboard. You really only want 1, and you really can only afford to play 1.

As for your question on Reveler vs TNN; I like TNN more than Reveler because you can cast TNN far more reliably than Reveler. My problem with Reveler is that it is very bad when you are trying to be as linear as possible in game 1. Often I would rather draw a Stormchaser Mage on turn 4 than a Reveler on turn 4 in game 1. TNN is a much better draw on turn 4 than Reveler because it is far more likely that you will have the ability to cast it then where as Reveler is pretty hard to turn on on turn 4.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkin View Post
    I tap all 5 of my lands on my turn. He's like....OMG not Shriekmaw. I land Batterskull. He's like. Ok sure. LOL, not very often someone is more happy to see Batterskull then a Shriekmaw.

A little update on the deck: As long as I don't play against Wastelands 16 lands are fine even though I have to muligan a lot cause I don't have a single hand card on the play. But playing against Wasteland and Stifle is sometimes an auto loose because I don't really draw any other land cards when 2 lands are in the GY allready. The manabase just makes the deck a little inconsitent, still not a friend of it. My 2 TNN were bad in that case also when I only play with 16 lands because sometimes you just sit one the 1 land in game. Current cards are currently main:

1 Grim Lavamancer
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Monastery Swiftspear
    3 Stormchaser Mage

4 Brainstorm
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Ponder

4 Daze
    4 Force of Will

1 Fireblast
    4 Lightning Bolt
    2 Price of Progress
    2 Chain Lightning

I allready cutted the single Vapor Snag because even though it's a good card against certain decks like Reanimator or Lands it's still to random imho. Right now I got 41 slots and 2-3 open slots. Actually I am a fan of adding an other fetchland and 1 Stormchaser Mage and another TNN. I personally feel I am missing creatures sometimes on the board because often I am sitting on a Daze, FoW 1-2 cantrips and single Bolt with nothing else. Which cards should I still definitely add for the last slots?

Mar 2016
    Austria

The plain and simple manabase is one of the deck's greatest advantages imho.
    Stifle can be an annoying card to play against so you need to be careful when fetching into open mana but only a few decks actually play that card. (mainly Canadian Threshold, sometimes Grixis and Bug Delver)
    Wasteland should not be a problem as you can always lead with a basic island if you expect wasteland, even if you only have one land in hand, as long as you have some sort of cantrips or lots of other blue spells. Of course, sometimes you get manascrewed but i've seen a lot more people getting wasted into oblivion or at least colourscrewed than myself drawing to few lands.

Dec 2010
    Montreal

A little update on the deck: As long as I don't play against Wastelands 16 lands are fine even though I have to muligan a lot cause I don't have a single hand card on the play. But playing against Wasteland and Stifle is sometimes an auto loose because I don't really draw any other land cards when 2 lands are in the GY allready. The manabase just makes the deck a little inconsitent, still not a friend of it. My 2 TNN were bad in that case also when I only play with 16 lands because sometimes you just sit one the 1 land in game. Current cards are currently main:

1 Grim Lavamancer
    4 Delver of Secrets
    4 Monastery Swiftspear
    3 Stormchaser Mage

4 Brainstorm
    4 Gitaxian Probe
    4 Ponder

4 Daze
    4 Force of Will

1 Fireblast
    4 Lightning Bolt
    2 Price of Progress
    2 Chain Lightning

I allready cutted the single Vapor Snag because even though it's a good card against certain decks like Reanimator or Lands it's still to random imho. Right now I got 41 slots and 2-3 open slots. Actually I am a fan of adding an other fetchland and 1 Stormchaser Mage and another TNN. I personally feel I am missing creatures sometimes on the board because often I am sitting on a Daze, FoW 1-2 cantrips and single Bolt with nothing else. Which cards should I still definitely add for the last slots?
    I would play a 4th Stormchaser for a higher threat density at a low cost, a single TNN because as a singleton it is never redundant or clunky, and a single Set Adrift for troublesome permanents G1.
    Do you know what assuming does? It makes an ass out of you and me.
    Get it...? Ass, u, me?

... ffs I was trying to be funny...

As someone who is pretty new to this deck and decks with daze in general, how do I want to be messing with them mb vs sb for games 2 and 3? Do I always trim them on the draw?

WTP's Choice
    Aug 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Falconer26 View Post
    As someone who is pretty new to this deck and decks with daze in general, how do I want to be messing with them mb vs sb for games 2 and 3? Do I always trim them on the draw?
    Keep them against Combodecks in general as they might have an application in the mid/late game. Usually it's correct to take them out on the draw and I also don't play them against 4c on the play because drawing them later on is much worse than having a potential boost in the early stages of the game.

I had yet another good run at a local this week going 3-0-1 winning against Grixis Delver 2:1, NicFit 2:0, TurboDepths 2:1 and drawing against 4c.
    WantToPonder
    former: Team SpasticalAction & Team RugStar Berlin
    Team MTG Berlin

Quote Originally Posted by guillemnicolau View Post
    Since the print of dark petition grim tutor hasn't seen play in legacy (not in competitive decks).
    Quote Originally Posted by THerzog41 View Post
    I believe Maverick is still the best deck in the format and definitely the most underrated deck in the format.
    The Dragonstorm
    http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/s...he-Dragonstorm

Nov 2011
    Finland

I generally keep Daze in against the fair blue decks and sideboard out Force of Will for Pyroblast and Flusterstorm. I just try to protect a threat against removal or counter a baleful strix with daze so I dont want to side those out. We are not very good anyways in the long game so I take my changes with Daze. These are all personal preferences though and depend much with the list you are playing.

Sep 2017
    Shizuoka, Japan

Re: [DTB] U/R Delver

Quote Originally Posted by TheManWithaPlan View Post
    Grand Prix Toronto was this weekend. I played Legacy side events all 3 days and ended up with a decent record. Played Canadian Threshold on the Friday in a daily going 3-0-1 (beat MUD) and played UR Delver for the Legacy Showdowns both Saturday and Sunday. Finally have something to contribute to the Tournament report section.

Saturday
    75 Players, they announced 6 rounds but I told them in round 1 it should be 7 rounds, so they changed it to 7 rounds at round 3. (At least they changed it early-ish. I didn't mind though, more Legacy, more fun.)

List
    Creature
    4x Delver of Secrets
    1x Grim Lavamancer
    4x Monastery Swiftspear
    3x Stormchaser Mage
    1x True-Name Nemesis

Instant
    4x Brainstorm
    4x Daze
    4x Force of Will
    4x Lightning Bolt
    2x Price of Progress
    1x Fireblast

Sorcery
    3x Chain Lightning
    4x Gitaxian Probe
    4x Ponder
    1x Forked Bolt

Land
    2x Polluted Delta
    3x Island
    3x Misty Rainforest
    1x Mountain
    4x Scalding Tarn
    3x Volcanic Island

Sideboard
    1x Sudden Demise
    1x Grafdigger’s Cage
    1x Flusterstorm
    1x Spell Pierce
    1x Price of Progress
    2x Pyroblast
    2x Smash to Smithereens
    1x Bedlam Reveler
    1x Vendilion Clique
    1x Sulfuric Vortex
    2x Surgical Extraction
    1x Submerge

Round 1: BUG Delver
    G1 Can't remember too much, got in a steady stream of damage with bolts Stormchasers and Swiftspears until he was dead.

Boarding: In; Submerge, Flusterstorm, 1 Pyroblast, Price of Progress, Bedlam Reveler Out; 2 Force of Will 1 Chain Lightning, 2 Gitaxian Probe, Forked Bolt

G2 He starts by fetching an Underground Sea and deploying a Deathrite Shaman. I lead with Volcanic into a Delver. He Hymns me on turn 2 and hits both lands in my hand, yet he fails to make a land drop. I fail to flip my Delver. I Probe to see what is up and I see Deluge, 2 Goyfs, Hymn and a Delver. I follow up with a Ponder to try to set up the Delver and see 2 lands and a Daze. I have a Spell Pierce in hand. So, I am faced with the decision of drawing the Daze to stop a Tarmogoyf and not flipping my Delver, or I can draw a land to hold up Spell Pierce for the Hymn and flip the Delver next turn. I decide to predict him to go for the Hymn next turn and I draw the land to hold up Spell Pierce. He didn't do anything next turn so I flipped my Delver and got the ball rolling from there while he missed on lands and I quickly took the game.
    1-0 (matches)/2-0 (games)

Round 2: Czech Pile
    G1 Managed to find running Stormchaser Mages, which he had trouble dealing with. I Probed him later on after he had dealt with 2 of them using Murderous Cut and Snapcaster to get it back, and found that he was stuck with an awkward Kolaghan's Command in his hand. I ended up finding a couple more threats and riding
    them to victory.

Boarding: In; Submerge, Sulfuric Vortex, Bedlam Reveler, Spell Pierce, Price of Progress, 2 Pyroblast, Flusterstorm Out; 4 Force of Will, 2 Daze, 2 Gitaxian Probe

G2 Start out on Grim Lavamancer, but he eventually kills it with a Liliana of the Veil, but I take out the Liliana in response. I start to flood, however I have a Bedlam Reveler, so I aggressively Bolt him to get a spell in my graveyard and cast the Reveler, discarding a useless Volcanic Island and drawing straight gas. I get a Swiftspear on the board next turn and swing in. He plays a Toxic Deluge on his turn paying 5 life(!!! thanks), killing both my creatures but bringing him to 2 life. I follow up with a Delver and Ponder to set it up, but I found a Forked Bolt and just killed him instead.
    2-0/4-0

Round 3: 4 Colour Loam
    G1 I start out with a Swiftspear but it gets dealt with by a Liliana. He eventually gets a Maze of Ith and a Dark Confidant on the board but I get more pressure and drop hit him with a small Price of Progress and finish him off from there.

Boarding: In; Price of Progress, Sulfuric Vortex, Submerge, 2 Smash to Smithereens, Bedlam Reveler Out; 4 Daze, Forked Bolt, 1 Gitaxian Probe

G2 I kept a 7 that lost to a Chalice on 1, but knowing that it isn't very likely that he will have the ability to Chalice on 1 turn 1. He starts on Verdant Catacombs and passes. I start on a Delver and pass. He plays a Windswept Heath on turn 2 and passes. I thought it was quite odd he hadn't done anything yet, so I expected an Abrupt Decay on my turn to get rid of the Delver. I flip the Delver on a Brainstrom and play a Monastery Swiftspear. I Ponder, trying to find an answer to a potential Chalice of the Void and see Price, Price, Smash to Smithereens(!!!). I draw a Price, swing for 5 and surprisingly no Abrupt Decay. So over to him. He cracks his fetchlands on my end step bringing him to 13 finding a Scrubland and a Badlands, which was quite strange. He plays a Wasteland on his turn and taps out for Liliana of the Veil and edicts me. I chuck the Swiftspear. I untap draw a card and crack a small smile and my opponent asks me if he is dead. I toss a Price of Progress and a Fireblast on the table, yes, you are dead.
    3-0/6-0

Round 4: Turbo Depths
    G1 I start out with some pressure and stop his Sylvan Scrying and he doesn't draw what he needs and dies.

Boarding: In; Flusterstorm, Spell Pierce, Vendilion Clique, Submerge, 2 Surgical Extraction Out; Forked bolt, 3 Gitaxian Probe, 2 Chain Lightning

G2 He mulls to 5. He starts out on Urborg and passes. I Start out on a Delver and pass. He plays a Tabernacle on turn 2. I get some more pressure and Chain
    Lightning a Vampire Hexmage he plays and just ride some creatures to victory.
    4-0/8-0

Round 5: Deadguy Ale
    G1 I start out with Swiftspear and Daze a Swords to Plowshares. I cantrip next turn and swing in again. He Inquisitions me on Turn 2 showing a hand with some burn and a Swiftspear. He takes my Swiftspear and Plows my other Swiftspear. I Brainstorm trying to find another red source and find it, so I can fire off multiple bolts on following turns. I Price of Progress dropping him to 9 with a couple bolts in hand and having a Bolt on top too. He has pressure in Lingering Souls but is not attacking me with all 4 souls, so that he can play around a hasty creature and a Bolt to clear the Spirits. He plays a Stoneforge Mystic and finds Batterskull, a crucial mistake. I bolt him twice on my turn dropping him to 3. If he had a Jitte, he would have been able to survive the next Bolt I fired at his face.

Boarding: In; Vendilion Clique, Sulfuric Vortex, Bedlam Reveler, 2 Smash to Smithereens, Sudden Demise, Spell Pierce Out; 4 Force of Will, 2 Daze, 1 Price of Progress

G2 He got his Jitte Smashed and I let him go for Lingering Souls and get the flashback too, so that I could Sudden Demise them all away and finish him off.
    5-0/10-0

Round 6: Miracles
    ID
    5-0-1
    Round 7: Jund
    ID
    5-0-2
    I had some time so I got my Ponders altered by Dan Scott, bought some tokens from RK Post, chatted with friends, and watched some Legacy.

Top 8
    So I am second seed going into top 8. The top 8 in order was;
    Miracles
    UR Delver
    Deadguy Ale
    Jund
    ANT
    Deadguy Ale
    Lands
    Grixis Delver

The top 8 split the prize tickets, 800 a piece, but played it out for glory.

Quarterfinals: Lands
    G1 I have some pressure but he is able to stop some of it with Maze of Ith. He ends up getting a Glacial Chasm with a Crop Rotation, after I Price of Progress him to 3. He goes to 1 but has a Chasm lock set up with multiple Thespian Stages. I have a Bolt in hand and we are in untimed rounds, so I just wait it out to see if he makes a mistake. He shows me he is competent and doesn't screw it up and I concede when he rids me of all my red mana sources.

Boarding: In; Vendilion Clique, Sulfuric Vortex, 2 Surgical Extraction, Submerge, Price of Progress, 2 Smash to Smithereens Out; 4 Daze, Forked Bolt 2 Gitaxian Probe, 1 Chain Lightning

G2 I Probe him on turn 1 seeing Krosan Grip, Loam, Stage, 2 Wasteland, Tireless Tracker and his only coloured source is a Mox Diamond. I play a Delver off of a basic Island and pass. He sets up the Life from the Loam engine, then I immediately flip Delver to Smash to Smithereens, blow up his Mox Diamond and he never finds another coloured source and dies.
    G3 I have early pressure, but he has a Tabernacle locking down my lands. He also has Maze of Ith which is stopping my Delver from getting in for damage, but my Monastery Swiftspear is getting in for 1 for a few turns. I was able to Surgical Extraction Dark Depths to stop him from killing me quickly. I find another land and cantrip then get in for 2. He has a couple Rishadan Ports so he tries to tap down my last land in my next upkeep after I pay for Tabernacle, in which I respond by Bolting him and get in for another 2 damage. Next turn he is holding up mana to copy a Maze of Ith with a Thespian Stage, so he doesn't Port me which allows me to play another Swiftspear and get in again. He gets a Glacial Chasm on the board and goes to 1, but is unable to lock me out and concedes.
    6-0-2/12-1

Top 4
    The top 4
    Miracles>Grixis Delver
    UR Delver>Lands
    Deadguy Ale>Deadguy Ale
    ANT>Jund

Semifinals: Deadguy Ale (Rematch)
    G1 He is able to take out most of my creatures and I am resorting to burning him out again. I do make a crucial mistake by casting Price of Progress while I had 2 Volcanic Islands in play and not sacrificing them both to Fireblast in response to me casting Price of Progress. He was left at 3 life and had to fade a topdeck Bolt, but I left myself with too few turns to get there from that mistake.

Boarding: In; Same as last time, Out; 4 Force of Will, 2 Gitaxian Probe, 1 Daze

G2 I am able to pressure him quickly despite him having a Sword of Fire and Ice and burn him out.

Boarding: In; 1 Gitaxian Probe Out; 1 Daze

G3 I am drawing what I need. He Wastes me off of my Volcanic Island, and I promptly draw a basic Mountain and continue the beatdown. We get to a board state where he neither of us have anything on board and I Clique him in his draw step and see 2 Lingering Souls, a Sword of Fire and Ice and a land. I take a Lingering Souls, but he is able to Zealous Persecution the Clique away land the Sword and get the Lingering souls to kill me. GGs
    6-1-2/13-3

Finals
    Miracles>ANT
    Deadguy Ale> UR Delver

I believe Miracles won the event. Congrats to the winner and to the top 8 and top 16!

In all, not losing a game in swiss was fun, the deck was solid, an alarming number of Tabernacles in the room and I knew most of the people in the top 8.
    If anyone wants the report from Sunday I will gladly write one up, spoiler went 4-2 winning my last round with the best tiebreakers of the 9 pointers and made 9th, TILT. Thanks for reading this report!
    This deck looks very solid and your way of side boarding is really helpful! So I think I'd like to try it for the Legacy tournament of GP Shizuoka's side event this weekend.
    Would it be possible for you to teach me how to side board in and out for other deck types; for example, against Grixis delver, Miracles, Reanimators, Eldrazi, Show and tell, and Death and taxes?

to all the Ur Delver/Burn players,

just a question about how you deal with Deathrite Shaman with Ur Burn/Delver. What's the smartest way to play against it? Do we play instantly our removal on Deathrite Shaman? Or do we have to wait until the first creature card is in the graveyard because then they are dangerous with lifegain? Are there any specific cards in our board to have against Deathrite Shaman? Hows the matchup against decks with Deathrite Shaman in general? Do you think in a meta with a lot of Deathrite Shaman Ur Delver gets weaker than it is?

Thread Information