Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Devolopmental] Rube Goldberg Machine

Re: [Devolopmental] Rube Goldberg Machine

Quote Originally Posted by GrimoirePath View Post
    A build that focuses on killing with Monastery Mentor could work with Argivian Archaeologist. Give up the permission of blue, because if they counter your artifacts you just retrieve them from from the graveyard. Lotus Petal could be cracked, sent to the yard, returned with archaeologist, cast, trigger paradadox engine, untap everything, crack lotus petal, repeat until you have a sea of mentor tokens and a Monastery Mentor that is theoretically as big as you want. The loop fould also be achieved with SDT or Mox Opal, so you have several options for finding your loop.

A mill option like codex shredder can be in there too for back up, should you not be able to find Mentor or should they be terminused, etc.

You might even be able to play four Chalice of the Void and set them to one to slow your opponent down. Cast your SDT into the chalice if you have to and bring it back from the yard with Archaeologist.

Playing white could also open up Ghostly prison.
    The reason I'm playing blue is so I can play a ton of cantrips. I actually don't have any permission in my list

The ton of cantrips does leave the possibility of the fizzle. Like was mentioned in the thread, landing Paradox Engine should be GG.

I like your list grimoire

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JackaBo View Post
    I like your list grimoire

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
    Thanks! Its been on my mind a bit lately. I think ill proxy up what I dont have and give it a whirl.

Here is my updated whackadoodle list for ya:

3 Paradox Engine
    4 Grim monolith
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Mox Opal
    4 Sensei's divining top
    2 Codex Shredder
    1 Ensnaring Bridge

4 Argivian Archaeologist
    4 Monastery Mentor
    4 Enlightened Tutor
    4 Swords to Plowshares
    2 Phyrexian Revoker

6 Fetchland
    4 Horizon Canopy
    4 Ancient Tomb
    5 Plains
    1 Karakas

After some proxy play, I have tweaked the list a bit, adding Ancient Tombs and Swords to plowshares, pulling Canonists, increasing Codex Shredders, and switching the Platinum Angel for an Ensnaring Bridge (which might need to be two). The deck plays interestingly, but needs a lot more testing and tweaking.

As this deck plays Argivian Archaeologist, I would really like to call it Indiana Jones.

I have been playing around with this deck and its pretty fun. It can be surprisingly consistent. Ensnaring bridge is a definite must, and might even need two mainboard. I just played a few games where I dropped down to two Argivian Archaeologists, two Monastery Mentors and played three Recruiter of the Guard and one more Phyrexian Revoker. The revoker is so clutch at shutting down Aether Vials, equipment, and planeswalkers which is a much needed defense here.

The mana base feels pretty stable, and im toying with five or six fetches to match five or six plains, as well as experimenting with fewer than four Horizon Canopies, though I might end up going back to four. They combo so well with Enlightened Tutor and SDT.

The deck is really fun, and with Ancient Tombs and Grim Monoliths dropping the Ensnaring Bridge and the Paradox Engine isn't that hard.

Nov 2007
    Germany, RLP, KO

There was an article about the Modern version of a Paradox Engine deck here:
    https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...-engine-modern

I've tried to port it to Legacy, adding Sol lands and Grim Monoliths.

Surge Node +
    Everflowing Chalice/Astral Cornucopia

have been better than I thought after 1-2 rounds of playtesting, but maybe Thran Dynamo or Basalt Monolith are better in Legacy.

I feel, this deck has definitively potential.

Thread Information