Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snapcardster - the all-in-one Magic App. We need your help!

Snapcardster - the all-in-one Magic App. We need your help!

We're a young team of Magic players and we've been working on a Magic app for almost a year now.
    We'd appreciate any support for our Kickstarter.
    We'd also like to get your feedback here.

Greetings,
    Tim from Snapcardster
    Last edited by Snapcardster; 01-30-2017 at 08:24 AM.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Re: Snapcardster - the all-in-one Magic App. We need your help!

i tried doing a few cards, and the camera doesn't auto focus. (i'm on a galaxy s7)
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by mistercakes View Post
    i tried doing a few cards, and the camera doesn't auto focus. (i'm on a galaxy s7)
    Have you tried tap to focus?
    And thanks for testing!

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

nope, hadn't tried that! works fine. sorry about that.
    -rob

nope, hadn't tried that! works fine. sorry about that.
    No problem. I'm glad to help and also glad it works.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Greetings!

I am uncertain about the user value here asids of those players trading/buying/selling the cards in person at events (which is prohibited usually). Can I actually buy/sell the cards i or other users scanned?
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Greetings!

I am uncertain about the user value here asids of those players trading/buying/selling the cards in person at events (which is prohibited usually). Can I actually buy/sell the cards i or other users scanned?
    Greetings to you too!
    At the moment the concretely planned card-related key features are scanning, organizing, setting up trades, and tracking prices.
    Buying cards will also be possible. The option of selling cards is a plan of ours plans as well and we've already contacted TCGPlayer, StarCityGames and Magickartenmarkt for that matter.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

i see there's a point structure for uploading. do these points yield anything or is it just to encourage labor?
    -rob

i see there's a point structure for uploading. do these points yield anything or is it just to encourage labor?
    What ?

Dec 2014
    Philly area

Some questions:
    1. You state: "Submitting labeled cards to Snapcardster will not only support the quality of the scanning algorithm but also rewards you with Snapcoins™ to save money while trading or purchasing new in-app premium features with ease." Why create an alternative currency to the almighty dollar which only creates another layer of indirection? We all know how great pucapoints are, right? And remember those bioware points? Less of a question and more of a request: seriously reconsider this as a monetization strategy.
    2. How will collections be handled?
      • Saved locally (e.g. xml, txt, etc) or through a cloud service?
      • deckbox.org integration or import?
      • Dropbox synchronization?
    3. Any plans for a PC-accessible web app?

Do you wann get bought by mkm?
    Because thats how you get bought by mkm!

The Snapcoins™ that are rewarded for submitting scanned cards will be usable for discounts as well as in-app features. Which features exactly theses are going to be has yet to be determined.

Quote Originally Posted by mgrinshpon View Post
    Some questions:
    1. You state: "Submitting labeled cards to Snapcardster will not only support the quality of the scanning algorithm but also rewards you with Snapcoins™ to save money while trading or purchasing new in-app premium features with ease." Why create an alternative currency to the almighty dollar which only creates another layer of indirection? We all know how great pucapoints are, right? And remember those bioware points? Less of a question and more of a request: seriously reconsider this as a monetization strategy.
    3. Any plans for a PC-accessible web app?
    I'm sorry to let you wait, but I'll have to double check some answers with my boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Damaku View Post
    Do you wann get bought by mkm?
    Because thats how you get bought by mkm!
    Is far as I know MKM/MCM mainly operates in Europe. We're planning to work with them as well as American sites like TCGPlayer and StarCityGames. We're looking to be kind of an interface for those sites rather than a subsidiary of one of them.

Hey, Peer here, one of the initiators of Snapcardster.

1. Why create an alternative currency to the almighty dollar which only creates another layer of indirection? We all know how great pucapoints are, right? And remember those bioware points? Less of a question and more of a request: seriously reconsider this as a monetization strategy.
    Snapcoins are no currency. We will always refer to EUR/USD for prices. We introduced Snapcoins to find an easier way for us and for users of the application to unlock features. Like most of the apps in the app store (for example Pokemon Go) this strategy works out. I have no experience with Pucapoints but it seems like it was used to buy/sell cards. Snapcoins in contrast will be used for in-app features or discounts on trades. (depends on the partners that are willing to join us). More details coming soon

• Any plans for a PC-accessible web app?
    Every registered user receives cloud access to his collection. We save the collections on secure German servers and will soon implement all kinds of integrations to import/export collections in several of formats (xml, csv, dec, json).
    We do have plans for web apps but we focus on finishing Android and iOS first, since web apps have hard times with scanning (webcam support is a pain).

I hope this answered some questions.

Don't hesistate to contact us, give feedback or send us feature ideas/requests.

Best wishes,
    Peer from Snapcardster

Hi there!

I just read this topic about the magic the gathering app and watched the promo video and kickstarter link as well.
    I have to say it looks great and it has potential but what if sites like magiccardmarket do not want to work together with you?
    Is there a back up plan to make buying and selling also possible?
    And as far as i know you are not the only one developing an app for magic the gathering trading/buying/connecting so how are you going to compete with others?
    To clearify, what are your unique selling points, what makes your app the way to go?

Best regards,

Quote Originally Posted by Elaxxl View Post
    Hi there!

I just read this topic about the magic the gathering app and watched the promo video and kickstarter link as well.
    I have to say it looks great and it has potential but what if sites like magiccardmarket do not want to work together with you?
    Is there a back up plan to make buying and selling also possible?
    And as far as i know you are not the only one developing an app for magic the gathering trading/buying/connecting so how are you going to compete with others?
    To clearify, what are your unique selling points, what makes your app the way to go?

Best regards,
    Hey Elaxxl,

hit me up on https://snapcardster.com to chat with me. I think it will be easier to explain most details.

Best wishes,
    Peer

One week into the campaign, Peer made an update video for all of you.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

I think you missed a huge opportunity by not calling it SnAppCaster.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    even when i read it, i still want to say snapcaster and have to correct myself each time.
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    even when i read it, i still want to say snapcaster and have to correct myself each time.
    We're currently looking for a shorter, catchier name that fits.

Giveaway: Free Bordifies™ for scanning cards

Today we'd like to announce that we give away 5x Ultimate Guard Bordifies Precise Fit Sleeves for the Top 5 users who amass the most Snapcoins this week.

To participate, follow these steps:

We'll announce the winners on Sunday and ship world-wide.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    EDIT:

Deckbuilding has been implemented.

Also it's only seven days to go for our Kickstarter. Any support would be great!
    Last edited by Snapcardster; 02-22-2017 at 11:56 AM.

Thread Information