Page 63 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 1373

Thread: The current state of Magic

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: The current state of Magic

WotC, "Masters of Fucking Terrible PR"™:

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/bruce...ase-that-wasnt

Because taking away the prerelease from a bunch of children in a library is going to be received well. This is some Saturday morning cartoon villain shit right there, and I'm not even a friend of such sob stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

Because taking away the prerelease from a bunch of children in a library is going to be received well. This is some Saturday morning cartoon villain shit right there, and I'm not even a friend of such sob stories.
    This is truly dissapointing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser Brains View Post
    With the printing of Gigantosaurus, Thrashing Brontodon and Steel Leaf Champion the deck has evolved from good to very competitive. Anyway, give it a few play tests if you are interested and let me know what you think.

Winter Maze
    Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    With veteran explorer I know that I 100% will not enjoy a 30 minute grindfest against someone who can barely afford dual lands and believes that their deck can cast a 10 mana 8/8.

Aug 2010
    Seattle, WA

Can we all agree that this is great though?

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/1365240#online

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

Quote Originally Posted by kinda View Post
    This is truly dissapointing.
    Whoa, lame. This kind of stuff softens the blow of my recent firesale of my Magic collection. I've was saving Magic stuff to teach my kids to play, but instead I've been lately collecting old Decipher Star Wars CCG cards "for them" to play (anyone have cards they don't need?). Plus my kids love Star Wars, so theme ftw.
    The irony here is that a partially non-existent company who lost their license 17 years ago offer almost as much tournament support as WotC for Magic.
    Last edited by the Thin White Duke; 10-02-2018 at 11:35 AM. Reason: correction
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Aug 2015
    The woods again

It's like they're trying to get me to forego buying packs.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasDowd View Post

I saw this over the weekend and had to throw it together for some games. :D

Man, that's bad even for WotC.

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    I've been lately collecting old Decipher Star Wars CCG cards "for them" to play (anyone have cards they don't need?).
    God damn now theres a great game that I would straight up murder someone to have FFg re-release as an LCG.

To be fair, the "tournament support" offered on SW:CCG is from the players committee, which is a wholly independent group unaffiliated with Decipher.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Man, that's bad even for WotC.
    Especially ironic, given that they used said library thing for good PR years earlier. Links to said articles were even sent to the customer support answer. I'm baffled how you can fuck up that badly, even when it's WotC we're talking about.

Make Wombat Great Again
    Mar 2010
    FEMA Region X

Quote Originally Posted by Bithlord View Post
    God damn now theres a great game that I would straight up murder someone to have FFg re-release as an LCG.

To be fair, the "tournament support" offered on SW:CCG is from the players committee, which is a wholly independent group unaffiliated with Decipher.
    I apologize, you're correct. Which makes it worse because a bunch of volunteers (I don't believe the individuals get paid by Decipher) organize tournaments in the US and Europe and offer prize support.
    Apples to oranges, but we seem to enjoy kicking Wizards when they're down, right?
    Listen up shitizens! http://www.noagendashow.com/
    Be a part of the magic! OBDM https://ourbigdumbmouth.com/

Quote Originally Posted by the Thin White Duke View Post
    ... but we seem to enjoy kicking Wizards when they're down, right?
    Mostly, people want WotC to be better.

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Addendum!

As a quick update, Wizards reached out to me the same day this article went live. They have offered to send product to make a tournament happen for the children at the library! They have also offered to help facilitate getting together with a new store. One of the difficulties in working with WPN stores is that allotments are based on previous prerelease numbers. If a store were to suddenly offer another prerelease and request 36 more prerelease packs, WPN would give a handful of packs, which would mean that their store would be very limited if I was to get 36. WPN has offered to help with the allotments, so everyone gets all the prerelease packs they need. This will go a long way to setting up the library for the next prerelease!
    So, while WPN is still unwilling to change their guidelines, the children that were affected will not suffer! I’ll be sure to post pictures after the tournament is run!
    Thank fuck, cause this was beyond idiotic.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Not keen on playing the part of devils advocate here, but getting WPN status without the requirements in the first place, (or lying about it) is a very questionable thing as well, especially if it was for the sole purpose of making more money by gaining access to limited WotC products like FtV & more. To me, these special products and the extra money store owners can earn, are in a direct relation with the tournament/play space these owners provide and pay rent for.

This seems to be a store which HAPPENS to sell MTG products among other stuff just like Walmart, Spielemax & Co do, with players having to pick their stuff up and play elsewhere. Should they grant them WPN too?
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    Not keen on playing the part of devils advocate here, but getting WPN status without the requirements in the first place, (or lying about it) is a very questionable thing as well, especially if it was for the sole purpose of making more money by gaining access to limited WotC products like FtV & more. To me, these special products and the extra money store owners can earn, are in a direct relation with the tournament/play space these owners provide and pay rent for.

This seems to be a store which HAPPENS to sell MTG products among other stuff just like Walmart, Spielemax & Co do, with players having to pick their stuff up and play elsewhere. Should they grant them WPN too?
    The whole WPN status thing is stupid in the first place since WotC's "one fits all" approach just doesn't work in many places outside the US, especially in Europe. Throwing a bone here and there isn't going to make shops going to compete with Amazon.

Aug 2015
    The woods again

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasDowd View Post

The Spice must flow.

EDIT: Sounds like the issue was resolved. One wonders whether organizers who don't fight that hard and don't take to the Interwebs have any luck with the WPN, though.
    All Spells Primer under construction: https://docs.google.com/document/d/e...Tl7utWpLo0/pub
    PM me if you want to contribute!
    Quote Originally Posted by TsumiBand View Post
    Just in time for Valentines Day 💝

Roses are red, violets are blue
    Omae wa mou shindeiru
    Quote Originally Posted by FourDogsinaHorseSuit View Post
    Quick question, are you also still waiting for the great pumpkin it did you finally pick it in once December hit?
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I am tired of malicious top 8s and it is time to put an end to the practice.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

The whole WPN status thing is stupid in the first place since WotC's "one fits all" approach just doesn't work in many places outside the US, especially in Europe. Throwing a bone here and there isn't going to make shops going to compete with Amazon.
    It depends on if Amazon, Walmart, etc sells FtV for a more reasonable price and higher numbers unlike many shops do. Getting 4 FtV packs at their release without paying a premium because small/local shops wanna cash in? Any day of the week for me.

These special products and the whole WPN stuff is nothing but a bone WotC throws for shops which offer players space to play. Sort of a way to "pay" them like they do with Judges and their promos. People get special products/printings and sell these for cash.
    Last edited by Lemnear; 10-04-2018 at 10:59 AM.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

..sry, whut? ◔̯◔
    Jan 2008
    Germany

I remember my old LGS kept the valuable FNM Promos and sold them for cash while handing out the low value ones and no price packs. He also sold the Prerelease T-Shirts and Mats.
    Got tired of Legacy and you like drafts? Try my Paupercube What?

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by Humphrey View Post
    I remember my old LGS kept the valuable FNM Promos and sold them for cash while handing out the low value ones and no price packs. He also sold the Prerelease T-Shirts and Mats.
    You can warn WotC directly about that if it ever happens again. They would take actions to stop that.

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Tylert View Post
    You can warn WotC directly about that if it ever happens again. They would take actions to stop that.
    Part of the problem is that no one wants to report their stores; it's better to play at a bad store than to have no store to play at.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

GrimGrin and Glissa are in a boat...

Jan 2013
    French Riviera

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Part of the problem is that no one wants to report their stores; it's better to play at a bad store than to have no store to play at.
    Can't a bad store become a good store? :)

Thread Information