Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142
Results 821 to 835 of 835

Thread: The current state of Magic

  1. #821
    Member

    Join Date

    Jul 2013
    Location

    Utah
    Posts

    1,064

    Re: The current state of Magic

    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...ond-2018-02-14

    Set designed to be drafted but....

    "although the Limited gameplay experience is Two-Headed Giant, we knew that the cards needed to have a life outside of that format. As a result, many of the cards in the set are designed specifically with formats like Commander, Cube, and Legacy in mind!"

  2. #822

    Re: The current state of Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    https://magic.wizards.com/en/article...ond-2018-02-14

    Set designed to be drafted but....

    "although the Limited gameplay experience is Two-Headed Giant, we knew that the cards needed to have a life outside of that format. As a result, many of the cards in the set are designed specifically with formats like Commander, Cube, and Legacy in mind!"
    My body is eagerly awaiting TNN 2.0 and 3.0, hopefully they're both in the same set.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatDeleuzeGuy View Post
    I want to play as close to possible a 100% reactive deck that also approached 0% variance in how it played. I want to play magic with as little variance as possible. Also had a foiled out miracles deck that was an investment of about 6 grand that is now nearly worthless.
    Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    There's no control, not even close. The 4cc is nowhere near the classical sense of control, neither is Standstill. Mid-range strategy is called mid-range at best, don't try to sneak the word control into it.

  3. #823

    Re: The current state of Magic

    If it's "sports themed" I would expect a Veteran Bodyguard style "Blocker" card that protects you, your walkers, and your partner. Perhaps wearing a football helmet?

  4. #824

    Re: The current state of Magic

    Oh good, blue was lacking in OP legacy warping cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

    I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

  5. #825
    Site Contributor
    Admiral_Arzar's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2010
    Location

    Denver, CO
    Posts

    1,297

    Re: The current state of Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Oh good, blue was lacking in OP legacy warping cards.
    Maybe for once they can just print a bunch of powerful cards that aren't blue/don't slot right into blue decks. Or maybe world peace will happen tomorrow. I figure those two outcomes are about as likely.
    Lord of the Chalice

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

    Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

  6. #826
    Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Dice_Box's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2013
    Location

    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.
    Posts

    4,312

    Re: The current state of Magic

    Just print Strip Mine with an activation cost of 1 colourless. Fair and balanced.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

  7. #827
    Site Contributor
    Admiral_Arzar's Avatar
    Join Date

    Feb 2010
    Location

    Denver, CO
    Posts

    1,297

    Re: The current state of Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Just print Strip Mine with an activation cost of 1 colourless. Fair and balanced.
    Really all I want is a Volcanic Fallout with "damage from [this] can't be prevented" or a Sulfur Elemental for blue creatures. That's all I ask.
    Lord of the Chalice

    Quote Originally Posted by Julian23 View Post
    Since playing against Spiral Tide provides a lot fun for both players is something only someone who's not had sex for quite a while could enjoy, I pull out GW Maverick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Spikes are supposed to enjoy winning by leveraging their talents, but this card can't fetch the most SKILL INTENSIVE card in all of Magic?

    Clearly aimed at Modern plebs, not gonna be a pillar of our format.
    Stompy Discord: https://discord.gg/6cesvkz

  8. #828
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,261

    Re: The current state of Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral_Arzar View Post
    Maybe for once they can just print a bunch of powerful cards that aren't blue/don't slot right into blue decks. Or maybe world peace will happen tomorrow. I figure those two outcomes are about as likely.
    Conspiracy 2 definitely had a hardcore fan of D&T on the team, otherwise the deck wouldn't have gotten so many goodies in one set. Sure, Leovold was dumb, but oh well.

    There were also more announcements today:



    FTV is dead and gets replaced by more Jacetice League garbage. And they vomit out even more product to combat sinking revenues.
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

  9. #829
    Member

    Join Date

    Nov 2017
    Location

    SKILL INTENSIVE branches
    Posts

    16

    Re: The current state of Magic

    Countdown until Black mana no longer has skulls on it starts right now.

    To be fair, though, making a product for the largest growing marketplace in the world to grow the brand is the smartest thing I've seen WotC do in a long while. Maybe they'll even think of price discrimination for sealed product in countries where US$4 a pack is excessive and do a good job making Magic a global brand.

    Then we'll all be rich selling our shitcards that spike in value due to a massive playerbase growth. Like paper crypto...to the Blood Moon!

  10. #830
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,261

    Re: The current state of Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by Brainstorm Ape View Post
    Countdown until Black mana no longer has skulls on it starts right now.

    To be fair, though, making a product for the largest growing marketplace in the world to grow the brand is the smartest thing I've seen WotC do in a long while. Maybe they'll even think of price discrimination for sealed product in countries where US$4 a pack is excessive and do a good job making Magic a global brand.

    Then we'll all be rich selling our shitcards that spike in value due to a massive playerbase growth. Like paper crypto...to the Blood Moon!
    Why would they replace the skulls? Magic seems to be doing fine despite China's laws against the depiction of human skeletons. Only cards like Macabre Waltz had to be censored in the past.

    And this is nothing new. Remember Portal 3?
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

  11. #831

    Re: The current state of Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    If it's "sports themed" I would expect a Veteran Bodyguard style "Blocker" card that protects you, your walkers, and your partner. Perhaps wearing a football helmet?
    MTG: Blood Bowl edition. <3
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

    You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

  12. #832

    Re: The current state of Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Why would they replace the skulls? Magic seems to be doing fine despite China's laws against the depiction of human skeletons. Only cards like Macabre Waltz had to be censored in the past.

    And this is nothing new. Remember Portal 3?
    I think the claim that there are laws against human skeletons is mostly a myth, if this article is correct.

  13. #833
    Hymn-Slinger
    H's Avatar
    Join Date

    Sep 2008
    Location

    The U-easy-anna
    Posts

    1,670

    Re: The current state of Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    I think the claim that there are laws against human skeletons is mostly a myth, if this article is correct.
    That seems even worse than an actual law, because absolutely no one has any real idea what would be allowed or not though.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

  14. #834

    Re: The current state of Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Conspiracy 2 definitely had a hardcore fan of D&T on the team, otherwise the deck wouldn't have gotten so many goodies in one set. Sure, Leovold was dumb, but oh well.

    There were also more announcements today:

    FTV is dead and gets replaced by more Jacetice League garbage. And they vomit out even more product to combat sinking revenues.
    Nobody liked FTV anyway
    How insane would it be if the 19.99 box had JTMS in it (0.001% chance of this happening lol but still)

    Otherwise the battlebond thing is just the next Conspiracy and then we have another commander set, seems to be a similar release schedule to what they have had previously

  15. #835
    Member
    Barook's Avatar
    Join Date

    Mar 2007
    Location

    Germany, Germering, Munich
    Posts

    6,261

    Re: The current state of Magic

    Quote Originally Posted by kombatkiwi View Post
    Nobody liked FTV anyway
    I could have been more liked if they didn't use the shitty foiling process and kept card quality up like in the first two FTV sets instead printing FTV: Garbage and FTV: More Garbage year after year.
    Currently working on: Infinity Stompy

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)