Page 55 of 69 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1373

Thread: The current state of Magic

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: The current state of Magic

https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/sta...14116040028160

So Magic has doubled in "size" in the past 5 years, according to the Hasbro CEO - whatever the hell that means, as he hasn't given any specifics and it could be pretty much everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Tittliewinks22 View Post
    The current state of magic: Underground Sea buyout.
    It's every dual that's being bought out

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Am I the only one that actually enjoyed extended? I'll admit I didn't play super competitively, but it was just cool before I played legacy to play a bigger standard.
    At what point was this? I've seen a lot of people say they enjoyed Extended... but the Extended formats they point to as enjoying are almost always just the first few rotations of it. It was later on its its life that Extended lost more and more popularity until they finally just replaced it with Modern (some people blame the switch to the 4-year Extended as the reason it died, but in truth Extended was flailing even before that point, and the 4-year was an attempt to bring its popularity back, which admittedly may have made matters worse).

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    At what point was this? I've seen a lot of people say they enjoyed Extended... but the Extended formats they point to as enjoying are almost always just the first few rotations of it. It was later on its its life that Extended lost more and more popularity until they finally just replaced it with Modern (some people blame the switch to the 4-year Extended as the reason it died, but in truth Extended was flailing even before that point, and the 4-year was an attempt to bring its popularity back, which admittedly may have made matters worse).
    2010. I'll admit I was super casual back then, but Warp World was fun to play with
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Sep 2010
    Richmond, VA

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/sta...14116040028160

So Magic has doubled in "size" in the past 5 years, according to the Hasbro CEO - whatever the hell that means, as he hasn't given any specifics and it could be pretty much everything.
    Probably referring to the amount of product they make now vs player base. Seems like every week there’s some new money grab product or set being released.

Aug 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by MorphBerlin View Post
    It's every dual that's being bought out
    lol. 1000 dollar underground seas. sick format.

I dont know if this is the correct site to post this. First of all, excuse my english. I usually play legacy tournaments in my city, I live in a cosmopolitan city and normally i had no problem to play a legacy tournament with 10 players. Last month, this number have decresed, till last wednesday, when we were just three persons and we werent able to play the tournament. I am a little sad, i have a big legacy pool and i can play almost each legacy deck, but this fact make me think about my cards... I am wondering if it could be acceptable to sell a part of my pool, i dont really need money right now but also i dont wanna have a cards in a box cause i have nobody to play... What do u guys think? Any advertisement would be great for me.

Thank you!

Site Contributor

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by fluuu View Post
    Any advertisement would be great for me.

Thank you!
    I "advertise" at my LGS that I will make any legacy deck for anyone. Me making decks for people sometimes gets new players to play.
    It also helps to bring extra decks and talk to the EDH and Modern players to join as well as maybe allowing proxy cards...

We get from 6-12 players each week and it's always a struggle just to get people to show up.
    "I will make you any deck. You just have to show up and play"

Nov 2017
    SKILL INTENSIVE branches

Cedric Phillips of SCG fame did some Q&A on reddit. Here are some Eternal-relevant snippets presented without comment.

Quote Originally Posted by question
    For each format, what card do you most want to see win a game on coverage?
    What cards are you most tired of seeing?
    Quote Originally Posted by answer
    I don't care about what individual cards win a game. I care more about people winning. It's fun to watch players grow from mediocre to good (Ross Merriam, Kevin Jones, Andrew Jessup are good examples).

Watching Brainstorm, Ponder, and Preordain got old quickly.
    If you could unban a card in Modern and a card in Legacy right now, what would they be and why?
    Modern = Stoneforge Mystic Legacy = Survival of the Fittest
    How do you see the future shaping up for competitive paper pauper? Will SCG host more pauper classics? Maybe an open someday? Will WotC ever give in and finally make it an official format in paper?
    I'd love to have a Pauper Open but it has to make financial sense first and foremost. If we can find a way to do that (or guarantee a very large number of attendees), it becomes more realistic.
    Can we please, please, please get more Legacy back into our SCG lives? I know the business response to it, but it's not my fault that Legacy is so much better! #Forever12-Post
    Legacy is a miserable format to cover with any amount of frequency.
    {...}
    There’s too much shuffling
    Do you believe any changes should be made to the vintage restricted list? If so, what would they be?
    Nah Vintage seems sweet.
    How long do you think Legacy has as a main event format (dedicated or team trios) on the SCGTour what with key cards like USea approaching $1k?
    Not long

It would've been more useful if you posted the link:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/co..._using_reddit/

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Fucking lol.

Cedric wanting to unban Survival is gas.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    It would've been more useful if you posted the link:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/co..._using_reddit/
    Actually I find it far more useful the way he did it. Trying to read Reddit is probably the closest I can come to the experience of having an aneurysm without actually having one.

Fucking lol.
    Fantastic. The truth hurts, don't invoke it lightly.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Actually I find it far more useful the way he did it. Trying to read Reddit is probably the closest I can come to the experience of having an aneurysm without actually having one.
    I meant it would have been more useful had the link been posted in addition to the quoted excerpts.

The wizards tournament reporter software shit the bed at GP Vegas for Modern I assume. 3 hours behind and only finished round 2. They offered a full refund to all main event participants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    The wizards tournament reporter software shit the bed at GP Vegas for Modern I assume. 3 hours behind and only finished round 2. They offered a full refund to all main event participants.
    I don't understand why they can't even get WER to work properly half the time
    Forget Arena and MODO, can they really not get 'player A vs player B' to function consistently?

Props to whoever decided on the refund I guess

I think one of the most interesting/underreported things about Arena is just how much it's tanked MODO. In like two months a 4x set of everything on there has dropped almost $10k in value. That's nuts.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    I think one of the most interesting/underreported things about Arena is just how much it's tanked MODO. In like two months a 4x set of everything on there has dropped almost $10k in value. That's nuts.
    Where do you get those numbers from?

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Where do you get those numbers from?
    Pete Jahn's MTGO column. He publishes the cost of 4x everything at the end of every one.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Pete Jahn's MTGO column. He publishes the cost of 4x everything at the end of every one.
    Just did a quick check - it lost a bit more or than 4k (or 19%) in the last two months, from 21k to 17k, but in February, it was around 19k. While a 19% drop is still heavy, it isn't as dramatic as you stated, unless I'm missing something.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Damn last weeks Classic was 6 Brainstorm/Deathrite decks and 2 Moon Chalice decks. This is the state of legacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Thread Information