Thread: [Article] This Week in Legacy: January 2017 Statistics and Dark Tempo Thresh

[Article] This Week in Legacy: January 2017 Statistics and Dark Tempo Thresh

Hello once again! A new article is out with a breakdown of Jan's data. Also, Dark Tempo Thresh, yes.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles...k-tempo-thresh

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Re: [Article] This Week in Legacy: January 2017 Statistics and Dark Tempo Thresh

This is a great new series. I've really been enjoying the developments, some of which I see in local tournaments here and some of which are surprising to see. People complain a lot on these boards, but when we're changing around BUG lists in so many different ways and a deck like Aggro Loam is succeeding, it's a reminder that Legacy is deeper and more nuanced than people give it credit for. I also see this represented in Reid Duke's preparation for GP Louisville: He came in with essentially a new deck, or at least a significant update, and he was able to exploit its position in the metagame. Every time someone spikes an event like that, there's a shift as people react and change sideboards around or switch to other decks, and a new cycle begins. I love that about this format. There are always players ahead of the curve and behind the curve at any point, and tournaments in different parts of the world have different metagames, so one audience sees a deck and says, "That's bad," and a different audience says, "That's good," and they can both be right. I also like seeing the old lists mentioned. Those are helpful for new players to have a sense of where an archetype has been and where it might go again after future printings. Thanks for your efforts.

我不是你的英雄。
    May 2010
    Germany

Re: [Article] This Week in Legacy: January 2017 Statistics and Dark Tempo Thresh

For those who don't already know this: You should read Sean's articles every week. It's the single most useful Legacy content out there.
    Don't mind me, i'm just writing about Pauper these days: theweeklywars.wordpress.com

deckstats.net archive

@ESG and Jonathan, thank you for the kind words. :)

Thread Information