Thread: Rift Bolt

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Rift Bolt

Last night, I was laying Legacy in an FNM, but the people who was asked gave different answers. The situation is that opponent suspended a Rift Bolt and I have Solitary Confinement and an Argothian Enchantress. With no other valid targets on the field, and he cant target me, does he hit himself for 3?

Thank you.
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Re: Rift Bolt

702.61a Suspend is a keyword that represents three abilities. The first is a static ability that functions while the card with suspend is in a player’s hand. The second and third are triggered abilities that function in the exile zone. “Suspend N—[cost]” means “If you could begin to cast this card by putting it onto the stack from your hand, you may pay [cost] and exile it with N time counters on it. This action doesn’t use the stack,” and “At the beginning of your upkeep, if this card is suspended, remove a time counter from it,” and “When the last time counter is removed from this card, if it’s exiled, play it without paying its mana cost if able. If you can’t, it remains exiled. If you cast a creature spell this way, it gains haste until you lose control of the spell or the permanent it becomes.”

702.61b A card is “suspended” if it’s in the exile zone, has suspend, and has a time counter on it.

702.61c While determining if you could begin to cast a card with suspend, take into consideration any effects that would prohibit that card from being cast.

702.61d Casting a spell as an effect of its suspend ability follows the rules for paying alternative costs in rules 601.2b and 601.2f–h
    The spell is cast if there is a legal target, no matter what that target is. It's only not cast if there is no target. If he is the only target... Suck it up.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Yes there is no may to cast. He must choose from among legal targets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Watching a burn ape Rift Bolt themselves is one of the reasons to play Enchantress. It's magical.

Thread Information