Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Masters 2017

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: Modern Masters 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Vicar in a tutu View Post
    That's assuming that Magic continues to grow. If the growth slows down, the prices might not go up.
    It doesn't. The playerbase is stagnating at 20 million for at least 1.5 years and the rumored single digit growth based on exploition, cost cuts and more product thrown at us.

https://twitter.com/SaffronOlive/sta...50232350543872

Take that tweet as you will, but if it's really 5 times of the previous print run, then WotC surely wants to make more money from MMA now.

So JTMS jumped in price and is basically sold out online. Did his reprint and unbanning get confirmed or something?

I do just love how there are "special people" who get the info on sets and coming price fluctuations early, but god forbid random players get even a chance at that info from unsactioned spoilers. Really unhealthy for the game overall once regular players realize this or just get tired of always getting screwed over.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    So JTMS jumped in price and is basically sold out online. Did his reprint and unbanning get confirmed or something?

I do just love how there are "special people" who get the info on sets and coming price fluctuations early, but god forbid random players get even a chance at that info from unsactioned spoilers. Really unhealthy for the game overall once regular players realize this or just get tired of always getting screwed over.
    What? At the time I looked 11:32 PM, there were over 140 sellers on TCG for worldwake alone. And at $60.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Sorry, I meant online as in "modo".

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Sorry, I meant online as in "modo".
    That's because Saffron Olive speculated on Twitter that it might be unbanned and reprinted, also known as the "Saffron Olive"-effect. I wouldn't pay too much attention to that for now.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

That's also just not true, there are plenty of Jaces for sale. The price has fluctuated between 10 to 15 tickets for the last few months, it's at about 12+ now.

https://www.mtgowikiprice.com/card/W..._Mind_Sculptor
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

From Mothership:

"We finally get to today's preview cards. We had done the ally fetch lands in Onslaught, and it was finally time for the enemy fetch lands to get a turn. These lands, like the ally fetch lands, were very popular and were reprinted in Zendikar Expeditions and Modern Masters 2017 Edition."
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Tokugawa View Post
    From Mothership:

"We finally get to today's preview cards. We had done the ally fetch lands in Onslaught, and it was finally time for the enemy fetch lands to get a turn. These lands, like the ally fetch lands, were very popular and were reprinted in Zendikar Expeditions and Modern Masters 2017 Edition."
    We get this bad boy too.

edit: Thanks to whoever changed the title from MM to Modern Masters.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Boros Guildgate (#231) and Crumbling Necropolis (#233) confirmed.
    So it looks like #232 will be Cavern of Souls?

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Just dumped most of my Zendikar fetches for a couple Moxes at the Denver GP. Hopefully there's wide enough distribution of this to make a serious dent in the currently absurd prices.

Also Saffron Olive sounds like a shitty tapas restaurant in the airport.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

TCC just confirmed a Goblin Guide reprint: https://youtu.be/LWOSqsImos8

Mar 2007

Goblin Guide is also back.

There are rumors that print run of MMA17 might be as high as 5 times the print run of MMA15. Sure, those are just rumors, but given how unwilling WotC is to support Modern now, I wouldn't be suprised if they cashed in big this time, especially with player numbers stagnating. Gotta generate the revenue to please the shareholders somehow.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    Also Saffron Olive sounds like a shitty tapas restaurant in the airport.
    His voice certainly doesn't match his appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    There are rumors that print run of MMA17 might be as high as 5 times the print run of MMA15. Sure, those are just rumors, but given how unwilling WotC is to support Modern now, I wouldn't be suprised if they cashed in big this time, especially with player numbers stagnating. Gotta generate the revenue to please the shareholders somehow.
    I thought the only reason that WOTC was originally supporting modern as hard as they did was because they wanted to give the format some legs? I don't remember where I heard that though, I think it was a maro tumblr post. Will try to dig up that post when I can. I saw someone on reddit mention that set distribution might not be limited to WPN only stores. Is that the rumor that you are referring to?

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Nice reprints, oddly enough I have a play-set plus of everything spoiled so far.

But WTF is that Goblin Guide art? I mean, I really like the concept, but I seriously thought that was a picture of a Tyranid. Filip usually does better.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Nice reprints, oddly enough I have a play-set plus of everything spoiled so far.

But WTF is that Goblin Guide art? I mean, I really like the concept, but I seriously thought that was a picture of a Tyranid. Filip usually does better.
    In all fairness, the original art is so iconic and spot on it's hard to improve on that... he does do a great Paul Bonner vibe though I must say. But yeah, not his best.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by whocansay View Post
    In all fairness, the original art is so iconic and spot on it's hard to improve on that... he does do a great Paul Bonner vibe though I must say. But yeah, not his best.
    It would be fine if the goblin didn't somehow get a Tyranid carapace on it's head somehow, the rest of the picture is fine.

I'm glad they kept the original art on Damnation too, but I'm still glad I have the PC ones, since I think that border is much, much better.

I read speculation elsewhere that the fetches might have been in Kaladesh to work with Revolt, but the idea might have been scrapped after people weren't too happy with the previous Standard format. I could see that being possible that then they just dumped them into MM to get them reprinted finally.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    I could see that being possible that then they just dumped them into MM to get them reprinted finally.
    Better than the Kamigawa dragons from last time
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by PirateKing View Post
    Better than the Kamigawa dragons from last time
    Well, hold your horses, we haven't seen most of the Mythics just yet, there is definitely going to be some chaff in there. Stoic Angel anyone?

But, yeah, likely this set is still better than anything with Kamagawa dragons in it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitefaces View Post

Thread Information