Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Masters 2017

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Re: Modern Masters 2017

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    TCC just confirmed a Goblin Guide reprint: https://youtu.be/LWOSqsImos8
    Hah! I dumped my Guides at the GP too. Everything's coming up Millhouse!
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Oct 2014
    Rockland, NY

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    It would be fine if the goblin didn't somehow get a Tyranid carapace on it's head somehow, the rest of the picture is fine.
    The creative team must have decided sometime between original Zendikar and BFZ that they want all the goblins on Zendikar to have this bony headplate thing.

Glad I kept my old fetches though, that new set symbol is pretty lackluster.

Site Contributor
    Sep 2015
    Austin TX

Soooooo happy about the fetch reprints. I'm building Maverick and was gonna settle for Wooded Foothills. Not anymore!

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    But WTF is that Goblin Guide art? I mean, I really like the concept, but I seriously thought that was a picture of a Tyranid. Filip usually does better.
    Had the exact same thought . I'm generally surprised to see new art on it at all, considering it's already had 2 different versions.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    The creative team must have decided sometime between original Zendikar and BFZ that they want all the goblins on Zendikar to have this bony headplate thing.
    Wow, that just goes to show how little I bother to look at the art on most new cards, I never even noticed that...
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

So I guess it's all downhill from here. Fetches, Damnation, Guide, Cavern, maybe toss in Lili and Snapcaster at Mythic and you're basically set for value. Gearhulks and Patron cycle make up mythics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    So I guess it's all downhill from here. Fetches, Damnation, Guide, Cavern, maybe toss in Lili and Snapcaster at Mythic and you're basically set for value. Gearhulks and Patron cycle make up mythics.
    We know from the booster package that aside from Stoic Angel (which was spoiled today) that Domri Rade and Griselbrand are in.

Jan 2005
    I actually live in actual Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Gearhulks aren't in the set because it includes cards from 8th Edition through M14.

Learning Blue cards
    Nov 2012
    Beijing,China

Quote Originally Posted by Ace/Homebrew View Post
    Boros Guildgate (#231) and Crumbling Necropolis (#233) confirmed.
    So it looks like #232 will be Cavern of Souls?
    Between "BO" and "CR"…City of brass lol
    I hear they got twisters miles wide in the Midwest.

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

Golgari guildgate is #235 I believe and jungle shrine #238. That leaves only two land spots between those cards which will be Gruul and Izzet guildgate, so no Grove of the Burnwillows or Horizon Canopy... :(. Grove just ain't worth the 30 euro price tag for me but I'd like to get some for legacy and cube. This seemed like a good opportunity for affordable reprints.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    Hah! I dumped my Guides at the GP too. Everything's coming up Millhouse!
    Man, speak for yourself. That new Guide looks like garbage. I would not be surprised to see the old versions hold their value pretty well on that basis alone.

May 2015
    PDX

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    Man, speak for yourself. That new Guide looks like garbage. I would not be surprised to see the old versions hold their value pretty well on that basis alone.
    Burn players are generally not renowned for caring about aesthetics.

Apr 2011
    Germany

Stupid mistake of WotC to put the Zendikar Fetchlands into a limited print run Modern Masters instead of a normal Standard set! I don't think this will help much with those problematic prices. And I'd say a Standard set with Fetchlands sells way better than a Standard set without. And the MM will sell out anyway.

And that is one ugly alien Goblin Guide!

Damnation was overdue.

Cavern of Souls was almost a must to not let the prices go further out of hand.
    Same goes for Liliana of the Veil and of course Tarmogoyf. I hope both are in the set.
    Snapcaster Mage is expected because Innistrad is one of the sets in the focus of MM17. That's also another big reason to see Liliana of the Veil in the set.

Aether Vial is desperately needed, I guess it will be rare if they put it in the set.
    And Noble Hierarch and Dark Confidant would be nice.

Reprintings of the fetchlands seem rather odd. They would make much more bank putting them in a Standard set.

Are they just so terrified of how much people disliked the Standard where they put in the fetchlands and the battlelands that they don't want to put them in Standard again? If so, they apparently forgot that no one had any problem with the fetchlands being legal in Standard for the first full year they were legal.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Reprintings of the fetchlands seem rather odd. They would make much more bank putting them in a Standard set.

Are they just so terrified of how much people disliked the Standard where they put in the fetchlands and the battlelands that they don't want to put them in Standard again? If so, they apparently forgot that no one had any problem with the fetchlands being legal in Standard for the first full year they were legal.
    Fetchlands were probably tested for Standard and determined to be too strong with revolt. I didn't expect this either, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by joven View Post
    Stupid mistake of WotC to put the Zendikar Fetchlands into a limited print run Modern Masters instead of a normal Standard set! I don't think this will help much with those problematic prices. And I'd say a Standard set with Fetchlands sells way better than a Standard set without. And the MM will sell out anyway.

And that is one ugly alien Goblin Guide!

Damnation was overdue.

Cavern of Souls was almost a must to not let the prices go further out of hand.
    Same goes for Liliana of the Veil and of course Tarmogoyf. I hope both are in the set.
    Snapcaster Mage is expected because Innistrad is one of the sets in the focus of MM17. That's also another big reason to see Liliana of the Veil in the set.

Aether Vial is desperately needed, I guess it will be rare if they put it in the set.
    And Noble Hierarch and Dark Confidant would be nice.
    That's assuming fetches will ever be in Standard again. Which I think is a bad assumption. So it's either MM or nothing. One can dream of a world where every MM print has one side of the fetch cycle in it until they are all sitting at <$10.

Apr 2014
    phillipines

finally they reprinted the enemy fetches just waiting for lotv also,
    Live and Let Live

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Snapcaster is in the set as a mythic. Can't say i'm a fan of the art because he looks like the aliens from Avatar but a needed reprint nevertheless.

Might of Old Krosa at uncommon. 10 dollar uncommon is good value.

Site Contributor

Feb 2015
    Detroit, MI

Quote Originally Posted by CptHaddock View Post
    Snapcaster is in the set as a mythic. Can't say i'm a fan of the art because he looks like the aliens from Avatar but a needed reprint nevertheless.

This is the snapcaster that will be in Magic: Lord of the Rings, the movie.

Thread Information