Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to end the reserved list policy

Jul 2016
    Lisbon

Petition to end the reserved list policy

Hello, i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post this here (if not you can delete).
    Recently a new petition to end the reserved list was created, if you agree please help and share.

https://www.change.org/p/wizards-of-...etition-no_msg

Re: Petition to end the reserved list policy

This is stupid. If they were going to get rid of the reserve list they wouldve done so already.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    This is stupid. If they were going to get rid of the reserve list they wouldve done so already.
    I don't think it's necessarily going to happen either, but I don't see anything wrong with occasionally reminding them that a sizable (we assume) portion of the player base wants it to happen. I'm just wondering how this information is going to make it to WotC?
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Remember several years ago when they were going to end it? They were printing paper foils of cards on it? Then Hasbro legal decided they couldn't because it would lead to lawsuits they thought they'd lose?

Yeah. None of that has changed. It's not happening.

Jul 2016
    Lisbon

Is not hard to try

Site Contributor

Dec 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Francisco Pires View Post
    Is not hard to try
    to get a job and buy the cards you want? or play proxies or play on cockatrice...

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

This came up on my phone news feed as the headline Wizards Of The Coast end Reserve List Policy and I got to say my heart skipped a beat or two. Then I saw it was a petition and I moved along.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Quote Originally Posted by non-inflammable View Post
    to get a job and buy the cards you want? or play proxies or play on cockatrice...
    "Play-test cards" please. Proxy means something that a judge does in a tournament, and counterfeits are counterfeits. The way to go casually is "play-test card."
    See: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles...ion-2016-01-14

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    Basically this, WOTC doesn't like it, SCG (and I'm assuming other large retailers) doesn't like it, and the community doesn't like it (well at least a sizable chunk of it, there are those people that do like it for one reason or another), yet it still exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I don't think it's necessarily going to happen either, but I don't see anything wrong with occasionally reminding them that a sizable (we assume) portion of the player base wants it to happen. I'm just wondering how this information is going to make it to WotC?
    This. Petition signed.

If nothing comes out of it (as it most certainly will), then I will have wasted one minute of my life. I've done worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdr View Post
    140x Relentless Rats
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bleiweiss
    I wish that Wizards would have just gone ahead and done away with the Reserved List entirely. It is nothing but a blight on the game and one that long outlived its purpose. [...] I am wholeheartedly in favor of getting rid of the Reserved List and reprinting higher-dollar staple cards from EDH and Legacy. Pete Hoefling the owner of StarCityGames.com agrees with my point of view as well.
    - Ben Bleiweiss, SCG General Manager, Feb 2010

Reserved list is the best thing for collectors. After all, this is a collectible card game.
    When you get a job then you can slowly buy your gems if you like.

Foreign Black Border
    Jun 2012
    Houston, Texas

I'm not sure why collectors even care, I don't imagine most collectors plan on selling anytime soon and the truly collectible things (Beta, English Legends, etc) are going to retain their value regardless of any reprint.

Speculators may but that comes with the territory of spec'ing cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    I still have a strong suspicion that if 'Thalia, Heretic Cathar' had been named 'Frank, Heretic Cathar', people would be a lot more skeptical of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goin Aggro View Post
    Ugh, there he goes again, talking about the girlfriend. We get it dude.

Well written petition. Signed.

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Like most petitions it probably won't do anything but I signed anyway.

Ooh... Shiny!

Aug 2005
    Raincouver

Serious question: has anything on change.org ever resulted in something?

I own all of these "collectable" cards and I want this ridiculous policy to end. I want to play Legacy again with a decent base of players that can grow. Legacy is Magic.

The Reserved List is stupid.

Signed.

Site Contributor

Apr 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Mcdonalds View Post
    I'm not sure why collectors even care, I don't imagine most collectors plan on selling anytime soon and the truly collectible things (Beta, English Legends, etc) are going to retain their value regardless of any reprint.

Speculators may but that comes with the territory of spec'ing cards.
    Seriously just reprint the cards with terrible artwork. Problem solved, collectors can continue hording the original art that are worth more and people who want to enter the format get the more affordable worse art versions of cards. Premium cards are going to remain premium regardless of the number of times that they are reprinted.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    Serious question: has anything on change.org ever resulted in something?
    There are claims it has...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Change.org
    On October 1, 2011, Molly Katchpole, a "22 year old nanny with two jobs" in Washington D.C., started a petition on Change.org "asking Bank of America and their CEO Bryan Moynihan to drop its unexpected new $5/month banking fee" for debit card customers. Less than one month later, 300,000 signatures were collected. The petition was widely cited as a contributing cause for the bank formally announcing to drop the new banking fee. U.S. President Barack Obama signed the petition; U.S. Senator Dick Durbin, the Democratic senator from Illinois, responded to Bank of America and the petition on Twitter. It may have contributed to the U.S. Congress deciding to "look at legislation for out-of-control banking fees".
    But no, probably not.

No matter how many people sign it's up to the policy holders to make a decision.

And that is the RL stays.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Remember several years ago when they were going to end it? They were printing paper foils of cards on it? Then Hasbro legal decided they couldn't because it would lead to lawsuits they thought they'd lose?
    I don't remember that, because that didn't happen. First, they never gave any reason for it, so the idea that lawsuits would ensue is supposition (and what's even more supposition is that they'd lose said lawsuits). However, even if we accept that supposition, I believe Aaron Forsythe said that it was a decision Wizards of the Coast made, and that Hasbro had nothing to do with it.

This petition will do nothing, though. I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Online petitions only accomplish one thing, and that is making money for the petition site. There might be times there will be a petition for something and it ended up happening, but in that case the petition was incidental.

Thread Information