Oh, I most certainly don't consider it a critical threat to the current game. It's a very little corner case. Still, it's a matter of principles, if you will. The CompRules are here to formalize (in the most formal, strict, and absolute sense of the word) what the rules are. If something were to be mushy-mushy or open to interpretation, then the CompRules would be 'failing' on that particular topic, as small as it may be, and relevant action should be taken to address the shortcoming.

Now, 701.14 having been pointed out to me by the kind people of #mtgrules, formal interpetation (as it should) of the rules make it clear (at least to me, and in accordance with their explicit answer) that the targeted player doesn't know, so I wouldn't say things are open to interpretation (and it would be a failure if they were). Still, they could certainly appear so, or at least be considered a bit confusing or potentially misleading (one only needs to look at this thread to see they are). In which case, the CompRules are in effect imperfect even if they're formally solid, and I do agree it would be better to have an explicit additional mention.