Thread: [Podcast] The Salt Mine Episode 12: Cancon and the state of the metagame, ft Tang

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

[Podcast] The Salt Mine Episode 12: Cancon and the state of the metagame, ft Tang

https://thesaltminesite.com/2017/02/...-stephen-tang/

Welcome to another episode of The Salt Mine! After all our international guests we take it back to Australia and talk about the recent tournaments we’ve been to. With the large Guf Ballarat tournament in the rear view, we talk about our preparation for CanCon 2017’s Legacy event, how our tournaments went and other general banter about our experiences in the nation’s capital and where the metagame is going. Enjoy!
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

Re: [Podcast] The Salt Mine Episode 12: Cancon and the state of the metagame, ft Tang

Will be listening tomorrow. Should be good
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

Site Contributor

Mar 2010
    Pittsburgh, PA

Re: [Podcast] The Salt Mine Episode 12: Cancon and the state of the metagame, ft Tang

Good episode. Also I strongly agree with the sentiment re: keeping angle-shooters (aka, cheaters) out of Legacy. It's not a format for that sort of play and attitude.

Long Live Maverick
    Dec 2012
    Kennesaw, GA, USA

Fun episode. Always good to hear what your area produces deck-wise.

I agree that the natural progression of an area is towards blue, players enter with less expensive decks (eldrazi being a big one), and transition to blue at some point along the process of picking up blue duals and other expensive deck components.

I disagree with calling some decks easy to play, however. Rather, some decks are just easier to get undeserved wins with. Pretty much everything in Legacy can be optimized to some degree, it's just a matter of tight play, knowing your and your opponent's decks/outs/odds, etc.
    There are innately powerful decks that will prop up an inexperienced player for free wins, definitely. Magic is still a game of managing variance/luck at the end of the day.
    Tusk up.
    (Not so) Current Decks: GB Elves, GW Maverick, GWb Maverick, LED Dredge, ANT, TES, Jund Storm.

Site Contributor
    Oct 2014
    Melbourne, Australia.

Thanks for the support boys. Tusk up.
    Quote Originally Posted by nedleeds View Post
    Dat 1/1 with built in pump. Watch out Griselbrand here comes lizard mid range.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von View Post
    Is this a troll or are gobbos really dtb?

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Any chance of a Sneak and Show deck tech?

Actually, a parody one would be hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

All the copies target you.
    Apr 2011
    Kitchener, Ontario

Listening to this back-to-back with the latest Brainstorm Show episode was kind of funny because of the opposite views of ANT expressed.
    "I'm willing to imagine a TES where Past in Flames replaces Ill-Gotten Gains entirely, and we just don't play Diminishing Returns." - me, 29/09/2011
    Founding member of Team Scrubbad: Legacy Legends

Quote Originally Posted by thefringthing View Post
    Listening to this back-to-back with the latest Brainstorm Show episode was kind of funny because of the opposite views of ANT expressed.
    Haha yeah I also noticed that when I listened. Good episode though; fun to listen to.

Thread Information