Thread: Eternal Extravaganza 6 - 20k Legacy Event - March 18 - Baltimore, MD

Eternal Extravaganza 6 - 20k Legacy Event - March 18 - Baltimore, MD

Eternal Extravaganza 6 will be March 18-19, 2017, in Baltimore, MD!

https://www.facebook.com/events/716647651828146/

Event website: EEMagic.com
    Event hashtag: #EE6mtg
    Live coverage: EEMagic.com/Live
    TO homepage: TOAMagic.com
    Hotel Block: Radisson

Presented by Tales of Adventure Comics and Games
    1 W Pratt St.
    Baltimore, MD 21201

Legacy - 20k Main Event

Date: Saturday, March 18, 2017
    Time: 10:00 AM; registration opens at 9:00 AM
    Format: Legacy
    Event Fee: $75
    Prize Pool:
    1st Place: $4,000
    2nd: $2,000
    3rd-4th: $1,000
    5th-8th: $500
    X-2: $200 Tales of Adventure store credit
    X-3: $75 Tales of Adventure store credit

Players who register for Eternal Extravaganza 6 main event will receive a FREE exclusive Eternal Extravaganza 6 playmat!*

Pre-Register today: http://conta.cc/2kT53oX

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Re: Eternal Extravaganza 6 - 20k Legacy Event - March 18 - Baltimore, MD

Looking forward to it!

Coverage was fantastic! It was great to have such knowledgeable and funny commentators.

Miracles vs. Miracles finals... zZz

When will Sensei's Divining Top be given the ban-hammer? Legacy's so boring with SDT legal.

May 2010
    Central Pennsylvania

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post

When will Sensei's Divining Top be given the ban-hammer? Legacy's so boring with SDT legal.
    ...really? A diverse top 8, good coverage, and good players playing close matches on camera. I especially enjoyed the close quarterfinals versus aluren.

Congrats to EE 6, in which people Forget that Aluren is symmetrical and pay for his own creature, and activating EE and Forget that you have a permanent also cost 1. Of course, both infractions involve Miracles.

Clergyman of Cool
    Mar 2009
    Daisy Hill Puppy Farm

If Top got banned, the same good players who were crushing you with Miracles would still crush you with some other deck. And I'm sure you would find that boring too.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by twndomn View Post
    Congrats to EE 6, in which people Forget that Aluren is symmetrical and pay for his own creature, and activating EE and Forget that you have a permanent also cost 1. Of course, both infractions involve Miracles.
    Playing a creature with Aluren is an alternate cost, you're allowed to still pay mana if you want to/forget it's symmetrical. That's not an infraction.
    Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Any replays of the coverage available to be watched after the fact?

Bryant Cook

Report from Eternal Extravaganza VI - http://www.theepicstorm.com/eternal-...a-vi-03182017/

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Hi bryant, I was there as well, wished I had met some of you fellow sourcers. :(
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

Quote Originally Posted by lordofthepit View Post
    If Top got banned, the same good players who were crushing you with Miracles would still crush you with some other deck. And I'm sure you would find that boring too.
    Lol... I'm actually undefeated against Miracles in tournament play... I strictly play decks that are very good vs the deck!

I guess if all I cared about was winning I would want as many Miracles opponents as possible. But really, I care about having enjoyable tournament experiences. And Miracles makes tournaments less enjoyable for everyone.

And Miracles makes tournaments less enjoyable for everyone.
    I know of at least one person who does not think that the presence of the Miracles deck makes legacy tournaments more boring. Hence your sweeping claim is disproven.

!
    Jan 2010
    Lehigh Valley, PA

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    Report from Eternal Extravaganza VI - http://www.theepicstorm.com/eternal-...a-vi-03182017/
    I think the low turnout was severely affected by the MM3 release. The event was planned for the release weekend with the idea of having a sealed 5K, but all the local stores running their own MM3 events probably took away a lot of potential players.

It was great to play against you on camera! I was watching the full day coverage archive and our match was mostly cut out, so I'm glad you posted the video so I can rewatch the thing. Sucks your Ad Nauseam was so bad. :/

EDIT:

Looking back at Eli's comment that I should Surgical your Ponder after your draw step, I realized that you did Ponder and keep the 3 cards, so at least 2 of them were good. One goes in your hand and the other is drawn next turn. The third card is irrelevant, since you may be planning to shuffle it away next turn anyway. So my thought now is, how likely is it that you're keeping Ponder #2 as your top card? Not very likely; it's more likely another card you're planning to use to combo off. So my forcing you to shuffle end of turn messes up your keep off the Ponder and re-randomizes your deck, which is something he missed in commentary.

Did I think of that in the moment? No, but it's something to keep in mind when timing my plays in the future.

Draw-Go Disciple
    Feb 2017
    Clermont-Ferrand

Dunno.. When will you stop Magic ?

Bryant Cook

Quote Originally Posted by jrsthethird View Post
    I think the low turnout was severely affected by the MM3 release. The event was planned for the release weekend with the idea of having a sealed 5K, but all the local stores running their own MM3 events probably took away a lot of potential players.

It was great to play against you on camera! I was watching the full day coverage archive and our match was mostly cut out, so I'm glad you posted the video so I can rewatch the thing. Sucks your Ad Nauseam was so bad. :/

EDIT:

Looking back at Eli's comment that I should Surgical your Ponder after your draw step, I realized that you did Ponder and keep the 3 cards, so at least 2 of them were good. One goes in your hand and the other is drawn next turn. The third card is irrelevant, since you may be planning to shuffle it away next turn anyway. So my thought now is, how likely is it that you're keeping Ponder #2 as your top card? Not very likely; it's more likely another card you're planning to use to combo off. So my forcing you to shuffle end of turn messes up your keep off the Ponder and re-randomizes your deck, which is something he missed in commentary.

Did I think of that in the moment? No, but it's something to keep in mind when timing my plays in the future.

I don't think the MM3 release had as much to do with it as you think. A lot of people didn't realize it was happening until it was 4 weeks away. I think Advertising lacked on this one, also, I'm personally not a fan of the move to the series to Baltimore.

Even in the moment, I thought the Surgical play was a little questionable. Ponder isn't a high-impact card, also, your deck had 3-4 pyroblast effects – you're limiting your targets.

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

Quote Originally Posted by Bryant Cook View Post
    I don't think the MM3 release had as much to do with it as you think. A lot of people didn't realize it was happening until it was 4 weeks away. I think Advertising lacked on this one, also, I'm personally not a fan of the move to the series to Baltimore.
    There was no advertising till the 9th hour- that's it. I was looking for info on the event around two months before the event. I checked TOA site, Facebook page, and rando places on the web- nothing- no dates. Was pretty frustrating. This basicically gave the attendance negative 200-300. I did a cast with Caffrey really trying to push his eternal events for the community- so was pretty bummed to see this not get any advertising that counted-I was trying to tell people to get hype for this event with no date...as we all know players tend to be adults with responsibilities so it's really important at least 5-6 months of notice for a large event so people can get off work, book tickets, rooms, and coordinate with friends etc. I think strong advertisment of dates, location etc months in advance would have been great. Really want the best for this, hope it is advertised in advance next time so Atlanta troopers can make it.
    Tusk Up

When and where is EE7?

People will show up if they know about it ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by limbo View Post
    When and where is EE7?

People will show up if they know about it ahead of time.
    From

https://www.facebook.com/events/1417654558314452/

:
    Eternal Extravaganza 7 - September 15-17

Main Event - Legacy
    Saturday, September 16

$100 Entry
    Playmat, Dex Protection Deckbox
    Player’s Meeting: 10 AM

1st: $2,400
    2nd: $1,600
    3rd/4th: $500
    5th-8th: $300
    X-1-1: 300 CR
    X-2: 200 CR
    X-2-1: 150 CR
    X-3: 100 CR

This event is an Eternal Weekend qualifier
    This event will have a HARD CAP of 256 players, preregistration is strongly encouraged

Main Event - Vintage (15 Proxy)
    Sunday, September 17

$100 Entry
    Playmat, Dex Protection Deckbox
    Player’s Meeting: 10 AM

1st: $1,500
    2nd: $800
    3rd/4th: $400
    5th-8th: $250
    X-1-1: 250 CR
    X-2: 200 CR

This event will have a HARD CAP of 256 players, preregistration is strongly encouraged

Main Event - 93/94
    Friday, September 15 AND SATURDAY, September 16
    Start Time: 6 PM
    $30 Entry
    Includes Deckbox and tokens
    Rule Set: http://www.eternalcentral.com/9394rules/

5 Swiss rounds, capped

5 wins - $200 CR
    4 wins - $100 CR

All decklists are required and will be published

Proxy guidelines: As this event prominently features coverage, proxied cards will be held to a much higher standard. Proxies should, in general, be existing cards with the text modified to reflect the actual oracle text of the proxied cards. For moxen, the colors of each should be clearly identifiable (modifying the Diamond cycle from Mirage or Tempest / C14 Medallions, for instance.) For dual lands, modifying another two-colored land is preferred.

Proxies are at the discretion of the head judge and may be disallowed if they are not clear across the table.

Free Entry:
    If you have free entry, please sign up as normal, then use promo code FREE. Also, include where your entry came from in the registration form. (Abuse of this form may result in being permanently unable to play in TOAMagic.com events.)

Side Events:

Eternal Extravaganza 7 means three days of Magic!

FRIDAY:

Sealed #1 - 12:30 PM
    Legacy #1 - 1 PM
    Vintage #1 - 2 PM
    Modern #1 - 3 PM
    Pauper #1 - 4 PM
    Legacy #2 - 5 PM
    Vintage #2 - 6 PM

SATURDAY:
    Sealed #2 - 10 AM
    Vintage #3 - 11 AM
    93/94 #1 - 12 PM
    Legacy #3 - 1 PM
    Modern #2 - 2 PM
    Vintage #4 - 3 PM
    Legacy #4 - 4 PM
    Vintage #5 - 5 PM
    Legacy #5 - 6 PM

SUNDAY:
    Sealed #3 - 10 AM
    Legacy #6 - 11 AM
    93/94 #2 - 12 PM
    Modern #3 - 1 PM
    Vintage #6 - 2 PM
    Legacy #7 - 3 PM
    Vintage #7 - 4 PM

All of these events are 4 rounds, capped.
    If an event fails to get 8 players, it will instead be 3 rounds.
    If an event fails to get 4 players, it will not fire.

All events are $20 entry.
    4-0: 100 CR
    3-0-1 75 CR
    3-1: 50 CR

3 Round Structure:
    3-0: 50 CR
    2-1: 35 CR

Credit is good at the BMG and TOAMagic.com booth.

Vintage is always 15 Proxy

Play Magic All Weekend: $220
    Drop and play in something else at any time.
    Pre-registration required for Legacy and Vintage main events still.
    Includes Sealed, 93/94 Main Event

Thread Information