Thread: Pull from eternity / Surgical extraction interaction

Pull from eternity / Surgical extraction interaction

I have a Worldgorger Dragon in my graveyard, and an Animate Dead in hand. I cast Animate dead, targeting Worldgorger Dragon. In response to Animate dead, my opponent plays Surgical Extraction on the dragon. I let it resolve, and before Animate Dead resolves, I cast Pull From Eternity targeting the exiled Dragon, returning it in my graveyard.

The question is: will Animate Dead fizzle or not? It might fizzle because an exiled card (the dragon) looses all memory of any prior actions when it returns to play.

Re: Pull from eternity / Surgical extraction interaction

Quote Originally Posted by tewatate View Post
    I have a Worldgorger Dragon in my graveyard, and an Animate Dead in hand. I cast Animate dead, targeting Worldgorger Dragon. In response to Animate dead, my opponent plays Surgical Extraction on the dragon. I let it resolve, and before Animate Dead resolves, I cast Pull From Eternity targeting the exiled Dragon, returning it in my graveyard.

The question is: will Animate Dead fizzle or not? It might fizzle because an exiled card (the dragon) looses all memory of any prior actions when it returns to play.
    Yes, if a target blinks before the spell resolves, the spell fizzles. That's how Eldrazi Displacer protects creatures from removal.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Yeah Animate Dead targets, so any graveyard molestation will cause it to not have a valid target and fizzle. Stuff like Exhume would work since it doesn't have a target, but since we're talking about Worldgorger Dragon here, I can only assume you are an upstanding gentleman with no nefarious game breaking interaction whatsoever, so there's no particular importance on Animate Dead specifically.
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

thanks guys.

Thread Information