Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: [Article] Top 5 Legacy Decks According to the Experts

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Re: [Article] Top 5 Legacy Decks According to the Experts

Quote Originally Posted by gh0st_b1rd View Post
    I only like Legacy because Wizards has only destroyed five archetypes (Flash Hulk, Flame-Vault, Workshop, Worldgorger Dragon, Vengevine Survival) since its inception, which in my mind is a great track record. Also all of those decks except Flame-Vault is extremely offensive, although Vault might as well be offensive now.
    Worldgorger Dragon is legal today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    My comment on Cavern was not about my views on the card personally, it was just to provide further evidence of an issue. When Wizards thinks there is an issue, they bring a sledgehammer and ignore that they already have access to a scalpel.
    Unfortunately, many people continue to ask for new sledgehammers.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    Unfortunately, many people continue to ask for new sledgehammers.
    You are right. We should not go down the rabbithole of beating uninteractive shit with other, newly printed uninteractive stuff. We had that with Decay, Caverns, etc.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

In response: Snapcaster Mage
    Feb 2011

That is a very good thread with a lot of quality posts (data, analysis, conclusions)... and a pretty high standard of discussion culture given bannings are a topic.

I am very often against bannings, but I think we have seen enough and tried enough over the years. I miss the times, where you had a couple of "best deck" choices and much more variety of Tier2/3 decks, so I would also appreciate if something would be done about Miracles.

The question what to ban could be seen as a tough one, because you cannot really weaken the deck without destroying it. If you don't ban an essential part (Top, CB, Terminus) - it won't change anything because UWr has sooo many options/angles to keep it's dominant position.

I am in favor of correcting sick mechanics that have not been developed/tested for legacy (see DTT, TC) instead of talking about CB, top. CB/Top used to be very skill intensive and not OP before the miracles mechanic and we have a lot more tools against that now than back then.

So it is pretty obvious that Terminus would be the best choice. DTT & TC was not for legacy because in legacy you can fill up your gy way too easy to cheat on your mana. And the same goes for managing the top of your library. It is way too easy in legacy and spending W for a wrath is cheating a lot on mana. In addition to that you can also cheat on the effect usually being a sorcery.

Simple conclusion - W (sorcery/instant) instead of 4+ mana sorcery speed for the tradeoff of playing 12 library manipulation cards (which are the best/among the best legacy cards by themselves anyway) and the in game miracle condition has been proven to be too strong.
    Currently playing: Elves

I swear, Wotc could be on the verge of banning the miracle mechanic entirely in legacy and people would bring out their pitch forks for the unjust banning of Thunderous Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by ESG View Post
    Worldgorger Dragon is legal today.
    I suppose it was really more of a Bazaar of Baghdad archetype. Can't imagine a world with Uba Mask Eldrazi, Super Dredge and Squee Painter today.

Thread Information