Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: [Article] Managing the Legacy B/R List

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Re: [Article] Managing the Legacy B/R List

Quote Originally Posted by iatee View Post
    Decks don't 5-0 leagues, crazy MTGO grinders 5-0 leagues. The MTGO legacy community is like, 200 people. It is a small, mostly abandoned rural town where everyone knows each other. Maybe 30 of the people in this sad town are obsessive grinders, and a lot of them play Miracles.
    No True Scotsman?
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    No True Scotsman?
    No True Angel Stompy Pilot.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Think about what you are saying here. Just about all decks are using it, so the card that enables decks to defend against "degenerate strategies" consistently is necessary because it...enables those same degenerate strategies to operate consistently. This is not just silly; it is actually the root of the "ban brainstorm" camp. The central problem with Brainstorm is that you are at a great disadvantage just by not having it, no matter your deck's other 56 cards.
    I'd add that it has baggage - a colorless Brainstorm (even if it had Awesome(tm) added to the rules text) would have quite different implications for the format than the card being blue does.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Crimhead View Post
    Even with Terminus, Miracles has not shown it self to be any better than ~50/50 vs the upper echelon. (Miracles was shown a year or so ago to under-perform once the top8s are under way).
    Miracles and underperforming?

I've gone great lenghts in the B&R thread (feel free to look it up) in the past to show that it is outperforming the field alot and goes equal to its relative meta presence at worst. Miracles DOES NOT underperform.

Back up your claims with actual data - data that is not handpicked from certain events.

Jun 2011
    Arcadia, CA

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Miracles and underperforming?

I've gone great lenghts in the B&R thread (feel free to look it up) in the past to show that it is outperforming the field alot and goes equal to its relative meta presence at worst. Miracles DOES NOT underperform.

Back up your claims with actual data - data that is not handpicked from certain events.
    I agree with this statement. A deck that has no weaknesses does not underperform.

Thread Information