Thread: Online Collection Manager and Android Scanning App - Recommendations?

Online Collection Manager and Android Scanning App - Recommendations?

Hi,

I have a 20ish year old MTG collection and am looking into cataloging it.
    I'll be using either Delver Lens or ScryGlass on Android, not sure which one yet, to catalog the cards and then export to an online collection manager.

My main question is which online collection manager does this community recommend, if any? I've seen a few online collection managers, but am not sure of which to use.

Currently I'm looking at:
    • deckbox.org
    • mtgprice.com
    • mtgcollectionbuilder.com

I'm mostly inclined towards Deckbox right now. Found out Echomtg needs a paid account for more than 360 cards and I have more than 6000.

Do you recommend any of these? Are there any better alternatives that I'm not aware of? I'll need a free manager.
    Also do you recommend Delver Lens or ScryGlass on Android for this? I've been recommended both, so I'm still undecided...
    Thanks!

Site Contributor

Feb 2011
    Sheffield

Re: Online Collection Manager and Android Scanning App - Recommendations?

I'm on IOS, but started to use OzGuild.

Very responsive to queries / tech support; but it doesn't have some of the features I need (foreign language, and editing the catalogue once scanned; specifically). It appears to be evolving, the recognition is fantastic, so perhaps in the future. But, I'm interested to see which system you end up with.

Re: Online Collection Manager and Android Scanning App - Recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by alastair View Post
    I'm on IOS, but started to use OzGuild.

Very responsive to queries / tech support; but it doesn't have some of the features I need (foreign language, and editing the catalogue once scanned; specifically). It appears to be evolving, the recognition is fantastic, so perhaps in the future. But, I'm interested to see which system you end up with.
    Thanks for the suggestion.
    I went and searched some more and found Snapcardster. It's still in development a well and seems interesting. The side I didn't like about it is the SnapCoins to buy premium stuff...whatever that will be. I really prefer to buy something once over having subscriptions or premium stores inside apps...

Thread Information