Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: G/U/w Enchantress

Re: G/U/w Enchantress

Currently trying Mystic Remora.

One of the bad matchups for us is just Blue/Red Delver, folks catch on quickly what the point of the deck is and U/R Delver plays something like 4 Force, 3-4 Daze, 2-3 Pierce, 1-2 Snare, which we currently can't do much against. Increasing the number of "good cards" they have to deal with doesn't usually work since they'll focus on the engine and then cast a Jace, which we have almost nothing to deal with Planeswalkers except Pithing Needle.

Was going to try a number of things but nothing really stuck; Eyes of the Wisent and Multani's Presence are far too narrow, both City of Solitude and In The Eye of Chaos cost too much to reliably cast, and Erayo, Soratami Ascendant requires the engine to be up already so it's win-more.

Mystic Remora sounds stupid, but if its goal is to just get people to re-consider casting a counterspell, it does work. If they're afraid of it being in play, they'll deal with that instead of something else I'd like to resolve, if it resolves and they choose not to pay attention to it and just counter anyway, I get replacements for each thing I cast that gets countered.

Bonus is that it's incredibly good against storm, especially if the meta calls for Mindbreak Trap. Put 2-3 traps in the deck post-SB, mull til you have an Island and a Remora, cast Remora, draw into Trap... Profit?

Rules for effective play against Control:

• Bring it in if they play the counter-game (or if they're playing any deck that kills with Tendrils).
    • Build your mana to a point that you can keep it in play for a decent number of turns, AND cast Presence, Enchantress, Back to Basics, Tutelage, Pithing Needle... Whatever they'd want to counter. Try not to play good stuff, just things that slow them down, or give you selection, Root Maze, Mirri's Guile, the Wild Growths, Seals, etc. DO play out your Carpet of Flowers, it's a nice bonus but it's not necessary, and if they use FoW the 2-for-1 is acceptable.
    • When you have 5-6 mana available, drop Remora, THEN drop the Enchantress effects. If you possibly can, do it in this order: Remora, Enchantress effect, B2B.
    • If you pass, you get a bonus turn where you've just paid 1 for the Remora and they will not want to give you cards...
    • Pay for Remora 1 more turn, play the rest of the cards.

It's worked relatively well, it's hard to know what to board out so I've been taking out 1 Elephant Grass, the Kiora, and depending if I see more than 1 Snapcaster or snappy + Clique, I'll take out 1 or 2 Seal of Removal.

Anything besides Pithing Needle that can handle Jace? Really hate choosing Needle with an empty hand (no draws from Enchantress).

Re: G/U/w Enchantress

Bump and update to come - Been working on this list for quite a while now and either the meta seems to have flexed in its favor, I'm seeing very generic decks with poor pilots, or the current list is good enough to start bringing out.

Will be making a very detailed edit today/tonight with the current list, some options for SB cards, matchup details, how to pilot, etc.

Thread Information