Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Stilljutsu - UB Ninja Still

May 2015
    Dominarian Slum

Re: Stilljutsu - UB Ninja Still

Stoked to see ninja thread. Some ninja talk (pre-ban) and history on ninjas in Legacy at 1:15:55 - 1:24:32

http://www.eternalcentral.com/tusk-t...-conspiracy-2/
    Tusk Up

Aug 2016
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by owerbart View Post
    I played UWR Ninjas for a while and deck felt really good. I wasn't on the standstill plan, but just as an advice, two-mana removal can sometimes be akward (advantage of UWR was having both STP+Bolt) with ninjutsu. Mistblade Shinobi is a no-go, it doesn't work as good as it feels. A card that has surprisingly good value in these builds is Augur of Bolas. Great two drop that can find you a removal spell + you can rebuy it with ninjutsu for insane value.
    Yeah, I found this out last night about Mistblade, my creature base was:

4 Spellstutter Sprite
    4 Ninja of the Deep Hours
    2 Mistblade Shinobi
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    1 Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni

Ink-Eyes still feels good, Mistblade feels good the first time he hits... then he kind of sits there. I think it's mainly the 1/1 body, it's not scary to block.

I've definitely been thinking about a color splash for more 1 drop interaction, but I feel it's mostly me being bad at Landstill at the moment lol, and being too deep into the ninja plan lol. I'm planing on running a more serious sideboard now, and I think just the Deep Hours and Ink-Eyes main. I've also been wondering if Force Spike would be a good addition, the first couple turns are so important to get this deck going.
    Red Deck Weekly -- I'm bad at magic

Aug 2016
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by hymnyou View Post
    Stoked to see ninja thread. Some ninja talk (pre-ban) and history on ninjas in Legacy at 1:15:55 - 1:24:32

http://www.eternalcentral.com/tusk-t...-conspiracy-2/
    That was funny to listen to, I hope they bring back ninjutsu in future sets.

Aug 2016
    Seattle

I was watching whitefaces stream and brew with Ninjas, and it got me thinking. Even though, Ninjutsu works without breaking Standstill, I feel we have a lack of early game business spells, he brewed a UB Ninja control type list, didn't see it in a league, but he did play a few games with it. Here's a screenshot of some stuff he had in towards the end:

I'm going to try something similar, but with a red splash for Bolts and Kolaghan's Command. I'll edit this post later with the list and how it went.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

This was so much fun to play

Red splash sounds nice, the manabase shouldn't be too hard. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

EDIT: I feel like this image needs to be shared too

Quote Originally Posted by CutthroatCasual View Post
    Storm was killed by Leovold
    Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

So no more Standstill? Probably without manland red is very easy to add

Aug 2016
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Memories of the Time View Post
    So no more Standstill? Probably without manland red is very easy to add
    Yeah... I really like that Ninjas can play under Standstill, but trying it out, I feel they take up the same slots in the deck, so your consistency is really thrown off. Edit: I still want to try it though, I'm just thinking of how to modify it so we have enough business spells, and enough creatures to get ninjas and value.

So! Grixis Ninja Control - Shiny Greninja -

Main

9 Ninja Enablers

3 Baleful Strix
    2 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Spellstutter Sprite

8 Ninjas

1 Throat Slitter
    1 Okiba-Gang Shinobi
    1 Higure, the Still Wind

22 Instants/Sorceries

4 Brainstorm
    1 Night's Whisper
    2 Kolaghan's Command
    2 Thoughtseize
    1 Forked Bolt
    2 Lightning Bolt
    4 Fatal Push
    1 Spell Pierce
    1 Counterspell
    4 Force of Will

1 Artifact

1 Umezawa's Jitte

20 Lands

2 Island
    1 Mountain
    1 Swamp
    3 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Polluted Delta
    3 Wasteland

Side

2 Pyroblast
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Diabolic Edict
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Mistblade Shinobi
    2 Skullsnatcher
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Damnation
    1 Thoughtseize

Tonight I went 2-2, but the list felt a lot more solid.

0-2 Elves
    2-1 Soldier Stompy
    2-1 UWr Prison - RIP-Helm Control
    0-2 Grixis Control (Punted game 1 horribly)

I also played some fun games against UWr Standstill, karakas is good against the legendaries. I think that with the bolts and pushes, it might be good to cut some, and put in a couple ponder or maybe more permission? and the Night's Whisper maybe a Painful Truths?

Edit: I'm really bad with Thoughtseize which is why I think I lost a few of the games...

Edit 2:
    Some notes.
    Having all the early game removal was awesome. Things that Fatal Push had trouble removing, Bolt seemed to hit just fine, and vice-versa. Higure was surprisingly good. Being able to clear the way early, and then being able to make dudes unblockable, as well as tutor for other ninjas, I kind of found myself going Higure, fetch Okiba-Gang Shinobi or Throat Slitter (Ninja of the Deep Hours if the other ones weren't useful at the time). Kolaghan's Command was really powerful, being able to buy back creatures, destroy artifacts, make players discard, etc.

Also, I feel it's best to not cast Ninjas even if you can... They really have to be dealt with, and playing them into a counterspell feels so bad...

I'm thinking maybe I can get Standstill back into the deck... (I wrote this up at midnight last night, so was really tired).
    I think take out 1 Wasteland, 1 Spellstutter Sprite, 1 Okiba-Gang (lets be real, he's probably the least effective), 1 Forked Bolt, 1 Fatal Push, 1 Night's Whisper, 1 Kolaghan's Command, and put in 4 Mishra's Factory, 3 Standstill? Hm...
    Last edited by scaryrawr; 06-09-2017 at 12:52 PM.

4 Ornithopter
    4 Mothdust Changeling
    4 Spellstutter Sprite
    2 Mistblade Shinobi
    2 Trinket Mage

4 Standstill
    4 Force of Will
    4 Aether Vial
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Ponder
    1 Dismember
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Shuriken
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Chrome Mox

1 Blinkmoth Nexus
    1 Faerie Conclave
    5 Island
    5 Snow-Covered Island
    4 Mishra's Factory
    1 Pendelhaven
    1 Riptide Laboratory
    1 Seat of the Synod
    1 Swarmyard
    1 Tolaria West

maybe a green splash for Goyf? Would add a little beef. Also Mistbind Clique seems hot here.

Aug 2016
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    4 Ornithopter
    4 Mothdust Changeling
    4 Spellstutter Sprite
    2 Mistblade Shinobi
    2 Trinket Mage

4 Standstill
    4 Force of Will
    4 Aether Vial
    2 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Ponder
    1 Dismember
    1 Echoing Truth
    1 Pithing Needle
    1 Shuriken
    1 Tormod's Crypt
    1 Chrome Mox

1 Blinkmoth Nexus
    1 Faerie Conclave
    5 Island
    5 Snow-Covered Island
    4 Mishra's Factory
    1 Pendelhaven
    1 Riptide Laboratory
    1 Seat of the Synod
    1 Swarmyard
    1 Tolaria West

maybe a green splash for Goyf? Would add a little beef. Also Mistbind Clique seems hot here.
    I think the splash should be one of the strong removal colors. If you splash white in this list, you get access to Spell Queller as well as Swords to Plowshares and Council's Judgement. If you want to stay mono blue, Cryptic Serpent is a new heavy hitter, but I'm not sure you have enough Instants/Sorceries to really enable him, but in Landstill decks, I think it's fine for him to cost a little more than normal later game (Whitefaces and I throw in Ink-Eyes for fun). Jace, the Mind Sculptor isn't a creature, but if you gain control of the board, he can help maintain control as well as bounce your own Spellstutter Sprite if you have to.

Mistbind Clique looks like a heavy hitter to me, as well as Vendilion Clique.

My biggest worry with the list though is the amount of ways you have early game interaction, there's a lot of Elves running around as well as Delver. I also feel a few of the creatures you don't get enough value out of, they enable you to ninja, but I'm not sure that's enough.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

I forgot to mention I also played the list I posted on the previous page at my LGS last week to a 4-0 finish, playing vs High Tide 2-0, Burn 2-0, Lands 2-0 and ANT 2-1.

Played the below today to a 3-0-1 finish vs BUG Midrange 2-1, Punishing Thieves 1-1, Spanish Inquisition 2-1 and Lands 2-0.

It's probably more apt to call it FaerieStill, though, as there's a few less Ninjas than before (or maybe they're just hiding!?). It's feeling pretty decent actually!

4 Spellstutter Sprite
    3 Snapcaster Mage
    2 Ninja of the Deep Hours
    2 Vendilion Clique

4 Standstill

1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

4 Fatal Push
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Force of Will
    2 Diabolic Edict
    2 Thoughtseize
    2 Counterspell
    2 Spell Pierce
    1 Toxic Deluge

4 Mishra's Factory
    3 Wasteland
    3 Island
    1 Swamp
    4 Underground Sea
    4 Polluted Delta
    4 Flooded Strand

SB:
    3 Surgical Extraction
    2 Engineered Explosives
    2 Invasive Surgery
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Thoughtseize
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Submerge
    1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Hydroblast
    The power of blue is overrated...I personally play Jund and I consistently top 4 FNMs with it.

Standstill and Ninja of the deep hours are two cards that at first glance may seem to fit together, but in reality they just don't. In fact they rather exclude each other mutually because they serve the same purpose, i.e. generating card advantage and playing them both is just unnecessary and wastes valuable deck space. There are way better methods of forcing your opponent to trigger Standstill with manlands probably being the best. Since Ninja of the Deep hours is the primary reason to build on Ninjas in the first place and because it is, if we were honest, a severly lacking card from more than a decade ago, I suggest to abandon the Ninja deck idea because it sucks. Think about it, would a Grizzly Bear with inbuilt cantrip be considered worthwhile by today's standards? I think the gradually decreasing numbers of Ninjas in the deck lists posted here corroborate my argument.

Site Contributor
    Jun 2013
    London

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    Standstill and Ninja of the deep hours are two cards that at first glance may seem to fit together, but in reality they just don't. In fact they rather exclude each other mutually because they serve the same purpose, i.e. generating card advantage and playing them both is just unnecessary and wastes valuable deck space. There are way better methods of forcing your opponent to trigger Standstill with manlands probably being the best. Since Ninja of the Deep hours is the primary reason to build on Ninjas in the first place and because it is, if we were honest, a severly lacking card from more than a decade ago, I suggest to abandon the Ninja deck idea because it sucks. Think about it, would a Grizzly Bear with inbuilt cantrip be considered worthwhile by today's standards? I think the gradually decreasing numbers of Ninjas in the deck lists posted here corroborate my argument.
    I agree with your first point to an extent, Ninja and SS can play a similar role, but it's not as black and white as that. Ninja is additional pressure to pull much further ahead than usual under a SS, as well as another angle for the deck to attack on and generate card advantage (which is the main reason I've been liking it).

I'm not going to lie, I built the deck first for fun, but Ninja has been impressive as a standalone card, especially with the synergy of bouncing back Sprites, Snapcasters and Cliques. To call Ninja unnecessary and a waste of deck space for the reasons you give is simply wrong, it's obviously not just a grizzly bear with Curiosity either as it would essentially have haste and give you a Spellstutter Sprite or Snapcaster Mage too. Is it good enough? Maybe not, but it's at times been way better than a Standstill could be. I suggest giving the deck a try!

Aug 2016
    Seattle

Went 3-1 at Card Kingdom tonight with a very Ninja Pile list.

Main

3 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Baleful Strix
    1 Vendilion Clique
    2 Spellstutter Sprite
    3 Ninja of the Deep Hours

4 Force of Will
    3 Spell Pierce
    2 Counterspell
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Fatal Push
    2 Lightning Bolt
    2 Terminate
    2 Kolaghan's Command
    1 Night's Whisper
    2 Thoughtseize

2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

1 Creeping Tar Pit
    3 Underground Sea
    2 Volcanic Island
    3 Island
    2 Swamp
    1 Mountain
    4 Scalding Tarn
    3 Polluted Delta

Side

2 Flusterstorm
    2 Pyroblast
    2 Hydroblast
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Grim Lavamancer
    2 Diabolic Edict
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Night's Whisper
    1 Thoughtseize

Round 1 - Jund
    Game 1, He kept a 2 lander and just never saw more lands
    Game 2, I kept a greedy hand banking on a Brainstorm, he thoughtseized me and that just set the tone...
    Game 3, We both made our land drops, but he got stuck waiting for double black. Misplayed Kolaghan's Commanding his face, when I should have killed a deathrite, I had 2 Snapcasters and he was at 6, he ended up trading and clearing my board and he played a Lili... Luckily I was able to Strix into Strix and get him down.

Round 2 - Jeskai Stonestill (Dude Ranch) - Currently available on the stream (games 2 & 3).
    Game 1, He got there, I take care of an early stoneforge, but he's able to just get there with a SoFI and Factories.
    Game 2, I'm able to get board presence and ahead on cards. Land a Jace and take over the board, he scoops.
    Game 3, Super well timed draws and I just kind of stay ahead. He almost catches up at one point with a SoFI which I take care of with EE.

Round 3 - BUG Delver
    Game 1, Mull to 5, try keeping up... I almost stabilize at 1. He top decks a deathrite, I draw a blank.
    Game 2, I keep a Fatal Push, Ninja of the Deep hours, 5 Lands (I don't know what I was thinking...). He thoughtseizes taking Fatal Push... yeah #punt

Round 4 - MUD
    Game 1, He plays a Metalworker... I try finding an answer, none are found.
    Game 2, I'm able to keep up and keep control of the board despite a chalice on 1 and get there.
    Game 3, I keep his side of the board clear and get him pretty low. He then plays the 8/8 guy that prevents his life from changing and gives it shroud. End up using a Ninja of the Deep hours to get all my creatures back in hand and Toxic Deluge for 8. Then I end up getting there.

My thoughts...

Spell Piece I felt was very powerful, having the ability to counter something relevant early, or kill it with removal is huge. I kind of feel I can go down on Thoughtseize and go back up Spellstutter Sprites or other Ninjas (I think the thing with going up other ninjas is risking not drawing into creatures to ninja out the ninjas). Night's Whipser can be a freaking house in grindy match ups. Kolaghan's Command feels broken at times. Terminate is greedy, but the fact it can destroy any creature is huge. Ink-Eyes feels awesome, but realistically if you get it out, typically you were winning by a good bit already.

Last edited by scaryrawr; 07-05-2017 at 12:54 AM.

Aug 2016
    Seattle

Just went 3-2 in a league with the list below:

2-1 vs Mono Red Storm - no vid
    2-1 vs Infect

2-0 vs Grixis Control
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UimACMj0ed0
    0-2 vs Big Eldrazi - Probably should have left in Ink-Eyes...
    0-2 vs Grixis Control

Last two are in same video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x8W228RRQk

I made some mistakes, I may also sound annoying... was nervous on camera. The Arcane Lab in the side I feel is very meh, against Mono Red Storm it helped, but it just feels too slow for most match ups. I think there is some value in limiting players to 1 spell a turn, but currently we're not running enough ninjas or man lands to guarantee we function better under it. Daze actually feels very powerful in the side (I'll have to check my paper list sometime to see what I'm running...). I took out Okiba-Gang Shinobi for a 2nd Jace, I think I want to move the second Jace to the side and add in another Deep Hours. Ink-Eyes I feel should come out, but I don't have the heart to remove... I think another Higure might be good for tutoring purposes, or another Throat Slitter, just... love hitting with Ink-Eyes.

Toshiro is actually pretty awesome at times. I mess up a lot though with chaining removal and tapping the correct lands...

Went 4-0 yesterday in my local LGS, here in Brazil.

I used your last interaction (from twitch) and changed some numbers:

Maindeck

Creatures (14)

3 Snapcaster Mage
    4 Baleful Strix
    1 Vendilion Clique
    3 Spellstutter Sprite
    3 Ninja of the Deep Hours

Planeswalkers (2)

2 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Lands (19)

1 Creeping Tar Pit
    3 Underground Sea
    3 Volcanic Island
    2 Island
    1 Swamp
    4 Scalding Tarn
    4 Polluted Delta
    1 Bloodstained Mire

Spells (25)

4 Force of Will
    3 Spell Pierce
    2 Counterspell
    4 Brainstorm
    3 Fatal Push
    2 Lightning Bolt
    2 Diabolic Edict
    2 Kolaghan's Command
    1 Night's Whisper
    2 Thoughtseize

Sideboard

2 Flusterstorm
    2 Pyroblast
    2 Hydroblast
    1 Engineered Explosives
    1 Toxic Deluge
    1 Grim Lavamancer
    1 Umezawa's Jitte
    1 Dismember
    2 Surgical Extraction
    1 Night's Whisper
    1 Cabal Therapy

First of all, I think the list was very nice and I didn't feel losing anytime (only when I was at 1 life against Grixis Delver and without lands against Elves).

MU results:
    Elves: 2-1
    MonoR Prision: 2-1
    Grixis Delver: 2-0
    Grixis Delver: 2-0

Let's go with all the likes and dislikes:

1 - This list is insane when you have the right amount of lands in play, missing land drop means hard games. The list maybe needs more lands.
    2 - The NDH is cute, but maybe too much situational than expected, he needs a lot of setup. If you are winning he is insane, if you are losing he is the worst topdeck ever. I just casted him twice in the whole tournament (He was good one special time, getting back Clique), but shuffled him a lot with BS. Maybe cutting some numbers is the correct move.
    3 - I changed the Terminate from your list because is impossible to cast it correctly against some decks, Edict was easier to cast, but maybe Go for the Throat can be the right decision for the MD.
    4 - Stutters overperfomed as legacy is a cantrip (1 mana) format. Maybe going to the full set is the right decision.

The rest of the cards where great when I needed, liked a lot.

Some cards that may have come to my mind to test:

Go for the Throat - as replace to Diabolic Edict MD.
    Bitterblossom (1 off) - this card can put a lot of pressure and hold some aggros and has synergy with SS, the life loss is hard though.

TL;DR:

The deck is very nice, must be in constant evolution, play it and have fun !

Aug 2016
    Seattle

Quote Originally Posted by CarlosTiberioJr View Post
    Went 4-0 yesterday in my local LGS, here in Brazil.

1 - This list is insane when you have the right amount of lands in play, missing land drop means hard games. The list maybe needs more lands.
    2 - The NDH is cute, but maybe too much situational than expected, he needs a lot of setup. If you are winning he is insane, if you are losing he is the worst topdeck ever. I just casted him twice in the whole tournament (He was good one special time, getting back Clique), but shuffled him a lot with BS. Maybe cutting some numbers is the correct move.
    3 - I changed the Terminate from your list because is impossible to cast it correctly against some decks, Edict was easier to cast, but maybe Go for the Throat can be the right decision for the MD.
    4 - Stutters overperfomed as legacy is a cantrip (1 mana) format. Maybe going to the full set is the right decision.

The rest of the cards where great when I needed, liked a lot.

Some cards that may have come to my mind to test:

Go for the Throat - as replace to Diabolic Edict MD.
    Bitterblossom (1 off) - this card can put a lot of pressure and hold some aggros and has synergy with SS, the life loss is hard though.

TL;DR:

The deck is very nice, must be in constant evolution, play it and have fun !
    Thanks for trying it out! And that's an awesome finish!

I tried Bitterblossom in the list when I was still trying out Standstill, and it does feel very strong with Spellstutter Sprite.

The Ninjas are definitely the most awkward cards in the deck, Spellstutter Sprite can be a house on it's own, I've actually been trying out a new card (I stole it from the man, the myth, the legend, aznfoodgood) Curfew as another way to get our ETB creatures back, and a way to get troublesome creatures off the board, it creates for a lot of fun interactions, get sprite to dodge removal, and replay to counter stuff lol. I've actually taken Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni out of my own list because of how awkward it gets at times, I still run 1 Higure, the Still Wind. I've taken out a few of the flavor flave cards, and am aiming for more streamlined lists. I've been trying out Hymn to Tourach over Thoughtseize and have been finding it interesting. Today I tried "Czech Ninjas" and went 3-2 in a league. I feel the Grixis lists are the strongest right now. I'm also building an Esper list, because I feel at times Fatal Push or Lightning Bolt just don't hit certain creatures I really want to, and Diabolic Edict gives the opponent too much choice, and we're more of a control deck than an aggro deck, so giving our opponent life tends to work out OK.

Hymn To Ninja (Grixis): http://imgur.com/RoCzHA0
    Esper Ninjas: http://imgur.com/a/C9opz
    Czech Ninjas: http://imgur.com/OIv7MEG

I've been misplaying a ton lol, learning all these new cards (I'm typically the Burn player in a room), but I feel the deck does have a lot of potential, and Ninja can take over a game when you draw it out enough, our early game seems pretty weak, but like, the fun of just hitting people with ninjas I feel is worth it lol.

Aug 2016
    Seattle

New Ninja!?!?

[IMG]www.mythicspoiler.com/c18/cards/yurikothetigersshadow.jpg[/IMG]

I feel this new ninja will be pretty fun, and it brought me back to ninjas tonight at MBH Bellevue even though it's not out yet!

4-0 UB Ninja Control

2-0 RB Reanimator
    2-1 ANT
    2-1 Reanimator Depths Living Wish
    2-0 ANT

Deck has pretty decent combo matchup, I stuck in 2 TNN in the side as well as 2 clones, and 3 Edicts to help with fair matchups which I managed to dodge. The man is definitely all over the place, I think Bitterblossom gives a lot of strength. I really wanted to go more in on the flavor (got the Umezawa family going on (except for Tetsuo (sorry!)), got Sakashima and his student in the side), but also wanted to have something that can kind of win. A big goal this iteration was to get further away from being Grixis Control and be more in on the creature plan.

I think one of the biggest struggles the deck has is with fair matchups, but I didn't run into any today. TNN I think helps a ton with fair matchups, and using Sakashima and Sakashima's Student to make more true names just sounded fun, also being able to up the amount of removal seemed good as well.

For squeezing in the extra bitterblossom I feel toshiro, venser, or lili should be cut from the main... I also think it would be good to go back up strix and snapcaster...

Main

4 Spellstutter Sprite
    2 Snapcaster Mage
    3 Baleful Strix
    1 Vendilion Clique
    1 Tetsuko Umezawa, Fugitive
    1 Toshiro Umezawa
    1 Venser, Shaper Savant
    1 Skullsnatcher
    1 Mistblade Shinobi
    1 Higure, the Still Wind
    3 Thoughtseize
    4 Brainstorm
    4 Fatal Push
    1 Spell Pierce
    4 Force of Will
    2 Bitterblossom
    1 Liliana, the Last Hope
    3 Underground Sea
    2 Swamp
    3 Island
    1 Creeping Tar Pit
    1 Faerie Conclave
    1 Mutavault
    4 Polluted Delta
    2 Scalding Tarn
    3 Flooded Strand

Side

2 True-Name Nemesis
    1 Sakashima the Impostor
    1 Sakashima's Student
    2 Flusterstorm
    2 Surgical Extraction
    2 Grafdigger's Cage
    1 Throat Slitter
    1 Venser, Shaper Savant
    3 Diabolic Edict

All Ninjas suck and are far below the power level of the format. It's the strength of the other cards (Standstill, FoW etc.) which carry these kind of decks and make terrible cards like Ninja of the Deep Hours seemingly playable

Re: Ninja Control

Quote Originally Posted by scaryrawr View Post
    After playing in a few pauper tournaments, I've really fallen for ninjas...

Should be be Stilljutsu, Stillnobi, Still Silence???
    Shadow Tiger Hidden Oni

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by Erdvermampfa View Post
    All Ninjas suck and are far below the power level of the format. It's the strength of the other cards (Standstill, FoW etc.) which carry these kind of decks and make terrible cards like Ninja of the Deep Hours seemingly playable
    This coming from someone pushing for Night's Whisper and mono-black control? Come on now, just because it isn't your jank doesn't mean it's bad.

Deep Hours + Spellstutter/Strix is a legitimate engine to build around. Force/Thoughtseize allow you to gain time to put the engine to work. Honestly I think the card that pushes it into competitiveness is Fatal Push; it really needed an efficient removal.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Thread Information