Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Hour of Devastation [HOU]

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Re: Hour of Devastation [HOU]

Nic Fit Alert!

Worse innocent blood!

I don't like this invocation frame much, but I legitimately like the way this card looks:

Damnation got an invocation too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

That art... makes me more unhappy that the border is shit.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Makes me wonder if that's the entire payoff for the 'moving sun' thing.

Which, Damnation's or Blood Moon's? I actually think the border works on the Blood Moon. It's got the right color palette, the gold on the bottom is a nice contrast with the washed-out colors on the rest of the card, and a bunch of crimson and stone makes sense on a card that turns all nonbasics into Mountains.

Now, whether it looks good in foil will be another issue entirely. I actually kinda liked the invocation Spell Pierce until I saw it in person.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

I do wonder if there are good ways to abuse this since a well-placed pump can nuke an entire hand.

Story-wise, Eternalized creatures are Bolas' Magical Terminator Zombie army.

I really liek the flavour texts of the defeats. Makes me like the Bolas even more

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post

I do wonder if there are good ways to abuse this since a well-placed pump can nuke an entire hand.

Story-wise, Eternalized creatures are Bolas' Magical Terminator Zombie army.
    Noble Hierarch, Riding the Dilu Horse :) Built in Menace is sweet. Unstable Mutation also does the trick. Or planeswalkers / Kessig Wolf Run type cards if allergic to one off effects and enchantments...

bruizar

Composition + art direction fail

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    I don't like this invocation frame much, but I legitimately like the way this card looks:

Which, Damnation's or Blood Moon's? I actually think the border works on the Blood Moon. It's got the right color palette, the gold on the bottom is a nice contrast with the washed-out colors on the rest of the card, and a bunch of crimson and stone makes sense on a card that turns all nonbasics into Mountains.

Now, whether it looks good in foil will be another issue entirely. I actually kinda liked the invocation Spell Pierce until I saw it in person.
    I've actually warmed on the foiling for the Amonkhet Invocations, for the most part. But that's mostly because they're often cheaper than their original versions. :D

That said, I'm expecting the Blood Moon to really be the onyl one sought after.

Mar 2013

Bloodmoon. I like the biblical touch of the river running red as the the Red moon rises, looking almost like an evening sunset. The art is fantastic. I don't like the boarder.
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Mar 2007

Bloodmoon. I like the biblical touch of the river running red as the the Red moon rises, looking almost like an evening sunset. The art is fantastic. I don't like the boarder.
    You got it all wrong. The red river thing isn't Blood Moon, it's Choke:

But then again, quite a bit of art feels like it was meant for another card, but recycled for the hell of it, just like Opposition:

Mar 2013

You got it all wrong. The red river thing isn't Blood Moon, it's Choke:
    Of course the river isn't the moon, but look at the art for Bloodmoon as a Catholic: the moon hanging low, the setting of Egyptian imagery and then the horns of a false idol over a blood red river. The whole image is extremely biblical, it's something I could see used in Sunday school when talking about the book of Exodus and the Plagues of Egypt.

That imagery and symbolism is not reproduced in Choke.

Alas, it seems like winning with infect is just better.

Sunset Pyramid 2
    Artifact
    Enters the battlefield with 3 brick counters
    2, T: remove a brick, draw a card
    2, T: Scry 1

It's basically a Jayemdae Tome with the mana costs halved and an extra ability tacked onto it.

That almost seems semi-playable in Legacy? Maybe? Stax/Eldrazi/Tomb/Chalice decks? Might be the best colorless card draw we've ever seen.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Sunset Pyramid 2
    Artifact
    Enters the battlefield with 3 brick counters
    2, T: remove a brick, draw a card
    2, T: Scry 1

It's basically a Jayemdae Tome with the mana costs halved and an extra ability tacked onto it.

That almost seems semi-playable in Legacy? Maybe? Stax/Eldrazi/Tomb/Chalice decks? Might be the best colorless card draw we've ever seen.

Coercive portal need 4 to draw infinite cards. This need 4 to draw 1. It's a really good drawing artifact, but coercive portal is still leagues ahead.

Mar 2013

I wouldn't put it in Stax not because it's not a fine card, but because I just don't need it. Not since Fair was printed. Rather more lock to go with my tutors over less lock and draw.

Mar 2007

Sweet art, but they're really running out of iconic cards to reprint.

I do wonder how much more it costs to do Masterpiece art compared to normal art. They obviously put way more effort into Masterpiece art looking really good.

I could see running the Pyramid in Commander, where it's a little hard to control your Coercive Portals, but in Legacy I think Portal is just better. Chalice decks with Tombs don't usually care that much about up-front investment costs, but not having to spend mana every turn can actually be relevant, especially if it saves you from having to tap a Tomb to be able to cast the spell you drew.

Thread Information