Just fooling around with a fun deck that I could take to a local weekly event. I don't own true dual lands, and no Forces. This gets a lot worse with shocklands, but it also has a fast win-con (depths) which I'm hoping will offset the extra life-loss. Much of this idea came from the fact that formerly expensive cards (Sinkhole, Stifle, Maze of Ith, Karakas) are now widely available and incredibly affordable. I have a good number of legacy staples still kicking around, most notably a playset of Wasteland and a copy of Dark Depths.

Basic premise: disrupt mana base, targeted discard, Brainstorm/Ponder for dig, combo win with Hex/Depths/Stage. Alternate grind plan of Deathrite Shaman/Hexmage beats.

Dudes
4x Deathrite Shaman
4x Vampire Hexmage

Dig
4x Brainstorm
2x Ponder

Disruption
4x Stifle
4x Sinkhole
3x Abrupt Decay
3x Inquisition of Kozilek
3x Thoughtseize
2x Spell Pierce

Combo
4x Crop Rotation
1x Dark Depths
1x Thespian's Stage

Lands
4x Wasteland
4x Verdant Catacombs
2x Polluted Delta
1x Misty Rainforest
2x Watery Grave
2x Overgrown Tomb
1x Breeding Pool
3x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1x Island
1x Forest

Sideboard
1x Surgical Extraction
2x Liliana of the Veil
2x Life from the Loan
1x Sylvan Library
2x Golgari Charm
1x Maze of Ith
1x Karakas
1x Bojuka Bog
2x Fatal Push
2x Dispel

Any thoughts are welcome, just keep in mind I don't have the duals or Forces. I have a ton of good cards for legacy (goyfs, bobs, snapcasters, etc.) that cross over with modern handily (mostly a modern player) so any of those suggestions are great. Daze would be fantastic if the land disruption works like I want it to...but replaying shocklands hurts a ton. For now I like Spell Pierce