Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Chalice Bomberman/Bomberman Stompy

Re: Chalice Bomberman/Bomberman Stompy

Quote Originally Posted by That nice guy View Post
    It only runs 2, and you're already piloting 4 LED
    $300 of non-RL cards only playable in fringe decks is a far cry from $400 of RL cards also playable in tier-1 decks. I would also guess most people here did not buy their LEDs to play bomberman (kudos if they did).

Could you share your red list? I like the sound of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaono View Post
    $300 of non-RL cards only playable in fringe decks is a far cry from $400 of RL cards also playable in tier-1 decks. I would also guess most people here did not buy their LEDs to play bomberman (kudos if they did).

It's the page1 list with Cities, and 1 Mox Diamond over inventor's fair. Only two loadstone and 4 Opal. Nothing special.
    Now will some explain why Bob is better games 2 &3
    Last edited by That nice guy; 02-10-2018 at 03:41 PM.
    Team Awesome: Busting Toilets since 2009
    Meth!

Quote Originally Posted by manroe View Post
    freebooter mb or sb?

Sent from my oneplus a5000 using tapatalk
    mb >:)

Quote Originally Posted by carlinms View Post
    @mambosong how are you sideboarding? Sometimes it’s obvious but against something like grixis what are you shaving?
    i've been cutting dark confidant for removal x3. collective brutality is pretty good against them since it kills their delvers while being playable through a resolved chalice. I tend to be able to out grind them with mentor (especially effective after a freebooter, especially if freebooter was played on T1).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaono View Post

haha i bought my LED's just for bomberman >.<

I went to my 5th 3-round local event last night and I lost my third round ever. The only 3 rounds (out of 15) that I ever lost were to Enchantress, first-turn probe->therapies from grixis delever 2 games, and last night I lost to a Midrange BUG list that Thoughtseized then Hymned me in two games. It makes me want to sideboard Leylines, but that seems like a really bad draw. Another interesting thing about last night is that it was the first time I have ever had to recrute up a revoker.

Also, the maindeck 1-of Mox diamond was awesome, I might test 2 soon.

I tested a 1-of Orzhov Pontiff target in the SB even though I'm on red, and it was never relevant.

I'm probably going to test hope of ghirapur in the SB next, but I'm not sure what to cut.

I'm going to a 1K this weekend and have 3 slots in my SB to fiddle with. The candidates are: 2nd Ethersworn Canonist, Phyrexian Revoker, Sanctum Prelate or Hope of Ghirapur. I want to drop Cannonist #2 and Prelate for 2 Hope, but I just havn't tested it.
    Last edited by That nice guy; 02-13-2018 at 06:17 PM.
    Meth!

Quote Originally Posted by mambosong View Post
    i've been cutting dark confidant for removal x3. collective brutality is pretty good against them since it kills their delvers while being playable through a resolved chalice. I tend to be able to out grind them with mentor (especially effective after a freebooter, especially if freebooter was played on T1).
    Interesting. You’re not bringing in any GY hate? I’m playing 3 leyline in SB. I have brutalities main and freebooter in SB. Going to another weekly legacy 4 rounder tonight so we’ll see how that goes.

Jun 2013
    St. Louis, Missouri.

Interesting. You’re not bringing in any GY hate? I’m playing 3 leyline in SB. I have brutalities main and freebooter in SB. Going to another weekly legacy 4 rounder tonight so we’ll see how that goes.
    Is Leyline better than Crypt?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
    Once you go Legacy...

http://www.hareruyamtg.com/en/k/kD42020S/

I'll leave this here. Some spicy ways the Japanese have taken the WR builds, making it very Painter-esque with Ensnaring Bridge. The mana base is also really spicy (Ash Barrens!). Definitely some stuff to note here.
    Writing:

Also podcast with Stevestamopz and Speedbump_NZ on The Salt Mine.

Quote Originally Posted by ChemicalBurns View Post
    http://www.hareruyamtg.com/en/k/kD42020S/

I'll leave this here. Some spicy ways the Japanese have taken the WR builds, making it very Painter-esque with Ensnaring Bridge. The mana base is also really spicy (Ash Barrens!). Definitely some stuff to note here.
    This is awesome!
    If K-comand wasn't everywhere right now I'd be playing a version of this where I could side into mentor games 2-3. Also, I'd cut the abrade for more Chandras.

Unfortunately I don't think bridge is great right now with answers like K-COMAND, natural order, flickerwisp and decay in assension.
    Meth!

Quote Originally Posted by That nice guy View Post
    I'm going to a 1K this weekend
    After 7 rounds I went 5-2, 19th place. My losses were to 2 card Monty jank and red prison. At the end of the prison match, my opponent had chalice on 0 and 1, 3 ensnaring bridge, 2 spyglass out, 3 bloodmoon and 3 trinisphere. The bottom card of my library was the Explosives I was digging for and I had 2 cards left in my library. I was really suprised that he put chalice on 1 after 0 which ruined my plan of recycling Hope to lock my opponent off of playing spells. Apparently he just wanted it out of his hand for bridge.

The changes I think I will make is -1 loadstone bauble +1 Inventor's Fair. I'm also going to somehow add another explosive.
    Meth!

I've never felt that it was necessary to bring in GY hate against that deck. I've always managed to stabilize against angler with mentor tokens, and outrace delver. i feel like GY hate is pretty soft against them, they generally don't "depend" on their GY but use it more as a "value engine", which makes it hard for me to justify bringing in GY hate (since the hate tends to be soft & dilutes our combo/aggro plan). I'd rather keep the strength of my Plan A, than to weaken their Plan B.

Dec 2016
    Portland, ME

I wanted to get some feedback from the group regarding possible sideboard cards, especially after talking with "That nice guy" at a local Legacy 2k.

I have been running a B/W version for a couple months. Here is my current mainboard (shout-out to ChemicalBurns for the great write-up on MTGGoldfish and his advocacy for running Kitesail Freebooter. I read your write-up on the way back from the 2k and found your build inspiring).

Creatures:18
    4 Walking Ballista
    4 Dark Confidant
    2 Kitesail Freebooter
    4 Monastery Mentor
    4 Auriok Salvagers

Spells:24
    4 Chalice of the Void
    1 Engineered Explosives
    4 Lion's Eye Diamond
    4 Lotus Petal
    4 Mishra's Bauble
    3 Mox Opal
    4 Urza's Bauble

Lands:18
    2 Ancient Den
    3 Ancient Tomb
    4 Cavern of Souls
    2 City of Traitors
    1 Inventors' Fair
    2 Marsh Flats
    2 Plains
    2 Scrubland

These slots I think are no-brainers:

2 Containment Priest
    1 Engineered Explosives
    3 Tormod's Crypt

My remaining slots have gone through several iterations. Here are some cards I have tried in the board loosely in order of effectiveness:
    • Meekstone (in against Delver and Eldrazi. Worked great with Mentor. Felt too narrow and didn't help in other "big monster" matchups like SnT and Reanimator)
    • Swords to Plowshares (great in fair matchups when chalice came out. That said, keeping chalice in against most decks except DnT and Eldrazi feels correct just to protect the combo).
    • Lodestone Bauble (provides alternate, non-damage or post-surgical wincon, but it has rarely felt necessary).
    • Ethersworn Canonist (Great against Storm, but makes all of the hate susceptible to Hurkyls).
    • Sanctum Prelate (great against PFire decks, Storm and Miracles, but quite difficult to cast).
    • Shimmer Myr (offers a chance to win a half-turn faster and make some funny plays with Mentor, such as by flashing in an artifact for prowess, but generally did not feel necessary).
    • Cast Out (very flexible removal but sometimes difficult to cast or too slow to cast to deal with the problem, such as a Chalice on zero. It works poorly with Bob and only deals with a single hate card--as opposed to something more general or a hate card that can deal with multiple threats at once).
    • Ensnaring Bridge (helpful against SnT, Reanimator and aggro decks but works terribly with Mentor).
    • Disenchant + Seal of Cleansing (difficult to cast with mana base but great removal for narrow problems).

Here are some of the cards I am thinking about trying as alternatives to those listed above. I would love to hear about any of your experiences with these and what matchups you found them to be valuable for.
    • Thalia, Heretic Cathar (Effective against Delver, Lands and various tempo-y matchups and very easy to cast).
    • Ratchet Bomb (deals with Chalice on zero and prison decks which rely on three- and four-drops).
    • Devout Witness (recurrable way to deal with artifacts and enchantments, which is great against prison decks, DnT and other weird combos).

Here is what I was thinking about running this weekend:
    • 2 Containment Priest
    • 2 Kitesail Freebooter
    • 2 Devout Witness
    • 2 Orzhov Pontiff
    • 2 Thalia, Heretic Cathar
    • 1 Engineered Explosives
    • 3 Tormod's Crypt
    • 1 Ratchet Bomb

Thank you in advance for any feedback! Obviously these questions are really addressed to B/W players as the tutoring involved with Trinket Mage and Imperial Recruiter significantly change how to build a Bomberman board.

Thread Information