Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: GP Vegas Thread

Sep 2007
    MN

Re: GP Vegas Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    I'd love to get deck lists (or at least archetypes) further down the standings. 16th got 37 points, but all the way down to 63rd has at least 36 points.
    Agreed, I was thinking the same thing. I want to make a few decks that are a little different like the Jace/Lilly/Loam deck posted a few before and was curious about what else was out there.

Aug 2009
    Utrecht, Netherlands

Quote Originally Posted by Megadeus View Post
    Because over a 15 round event you get fucked by your consistency issues that bites every chalice deck in the format. The lack of brainstorm. You mull to oblivion three times and lose a couple on the draw from a turn 1 deathrite and your tourney is over because you flooded out while the brainstorm apes put back and shuffled away their extra lands with the card that should've been banned years ago.
    Mull into oblivion is so negative. I prefer going more all-in 😎

And to be honest it's one 9 round tournament and one 6 round. Considering that the consistent decks trickle upwards, I think making day 2 would be harder than having a good run on day 2 itself.

What do I know about day 2's. I'm just a red mage

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    No Miracles decks in the Top 16 whatsoever.

At least now Miracles is exactly where it should be - just another Tier 1-1.5 deck among many instead of being the de facto best control deck/blue deck/everything.

I'd say Miracles with Portent is definitely playable and strong but not any stronger than Stoneblade, or Deathblade, or straight Ux control without Miracles. Just different.
    It's less about blade, more about TNN. As new Miracles, there's no reliable way to stop opponent's loam engine game 1. As it turned out, TNN is great against Lands and DnT, just remember your Tabernacle trigger and be aware of CJ.

Because over a 15 round event you get fucked by your consistency issues that bites every chalice deck in the format. The lack of brainstorm. You mull to oblivion three times and lose a couple on the draw from a turn 1 deathrite and your tourney is over because you flooded out while the brainstorm apes put back and shuffled away their extra lands with the card that should've been banned years ago.
    You are so funny, calling BS players apes while all the poor T1 Chalice/Blood Moon/Griselbrand players are all foolding to inconsistency. It's so undeserveing that all these skillfull players don't win when not having their T1 bomb over 15 rounds

List of some often discussed popular cards and their numbers in top 16 of a possible 64:

Brainstorm: 52 (81%)
    Force: 51 (80%)
    Ponder: 40 (63%)
    Gitaxian Probe: 19 (30%)
    Preordain: 4 (6%)

DRS: 24 (38%)
    Delver: 20 (31%)
    Decay: 8 (13%)

Wasteland: 39 (61%)
    Polluted Delta: 30 (47%)
    Flooded Strand: 29 (45%)
    Scalding Tarn: 27 (42%)
    Misty: 14
    Arid: 2
    Windswept: 2
    Foothills: 2
    Catacombs: 2
    Flats: 2
    Mire: 1

So yea, those that said abrupt decay was popular just because it was a good card, not because of top miracles, and said that its numbers would stay up after the ban...

38% DRS is pretty high for a creature, but delver isn't that far behind.

Brainstorm penetration is disturbingly high for my tastes, but that's just my tastes. One blue mage decided to go rogue and only register 3 FoW with his 4 BS. They are the kind of people that don't vaccinate their kids because everyone else has vaccinated theirs.

Obviously this is just top 16, can't wait for the meta break down for day 1 and day 2 if we are lucky...
    Junk and Stoned Rhinos.

Because over a 15 round event you get fucked by your consistency issues that bites every chalice deck in the format. The lack of brainstorm.
    Lands and D&T managed to do well - and Lands runs the least consistent card in the format!

If consistency were the most important thing, we'd see more Burn (the most consistent deck in all of MTG). The only thing that's important in a deck is it's match-ups (win-rates) against the other decks in the field. If a deck isn't getting results, either:
    1. It has a poor average win-rate against the field, and/or
    2. It not being played in high enough numbers.
    Of course we can't read too much into a single event - even a large event. Like the time MUD made top8 in a GP in 2014.
    Supremacy 2020 is the modern era game of nuclear brinksmanship! My blog:
    https://fieldmarshalshandbook.wordpress.com

You can play Lands.dec in EDH too! My primer:
    http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/t...lara-lands-dec

Thread Information