Page 1 of 25 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ixalan [XLN]

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Ixalan [XLN]

So someone at Wotc is probably getting fired for this. Ixalan leak, way ahead of schedule. The Hour of Devestation one was more reasonable as we would have known that stuff in a week or two but this is something else, a whole foil sheet.

http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/m...ak-from-reddit

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Ixalan [XLN]

I'm pretty excited about Sorcerous Spyglass, a playable Needle in Chalice decks seems great.
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Ancient tomb, spyglass, name your only fetch is probably gonna be a play in the fall season :P

The fact that cost 2 also make it way more playable along with chalice, and the power to peek for a sure hit on an empty board is probably well worth the extra mana in a lot of decks.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

I like it, but spyglass is unlikely to replace Revoker in the decks I run that have Tomb.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Dec 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA

I also can't wait to have more than one Jace at the same time at some point.

EDIT: Minus Jace, VP interactions
    UBr Tezzeret
    Quote Originally Posted by sdematt View Post
    I mean, if you're going to play as 61st card, the card should cost over $100 I think.

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    Ancient tomb, spyglass, name your only fetch is probably be a play in the fall season :P
    Pretty much.

You can either jam Wastelands to protect your Sol lands or catch some of their fetches before they can play them. Or shut down one of their key cards. I like it.

Edit: The Banner kinda screams "ELVES", although I doubt it would have place in Legacy Elves.

Somebody also pointed out the card in the top corner is yet another fucking Jace variant, "Castaway". With Ajani showing up in Explorers, they still can't tone down the Gatewatch involvement. Goddamn it.

Edit #2: I do wonder if there are any practical applications for Arcane Adaption. Making everything uncounterable with Cavern of Souls would be a good start.

That's the thing about the announcements earlier this week. It's all far out projections; the next set was already printed before they made the pledge to reduce the Jacetice league. No telling when the decision was made internally. Hence I think we can still see some more bans in Standard before the new-management dust settles.

The think I like about the Spyglass is with a deck like TurboDepths. Against a deck like DnT, do you name Wasteland, Vial, Karakas? Well if you have a turn 3 Lage kill, you can more accurately name exactly what will stop you. The card is pretty savage turn 1 against fetches too, so I wouldn't dismiss it from Stax lists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Mar 2007

Second sheet, for those who want to decipher it.

Pay 7 to draw 7 at instant speed? Meh. That Spyglass looks SICK though. And Pirates look cool too.

edit: What does that green merfolk mean for the set? You dudes see it? 1G Merfolk Shaman. Are we gonna see some tribes meshed, and just go on the other color? Only other green merfolk I can think of is that UG Elf Merfolk flying thing. Also Spell Swindle, whatever that is, sounds sweeeeeeet.

Mar 2007

Reddit's thread has some translations of the cards they could decipher

The green Merfolk has Megaprowness, aka Prowness with +1/+1 counters.

I'm guessing there isn't much in the way of viable things to do with it, but that cost-reduced Conspiracy is has my jank senses tingling.

Site Contributor
    May 2013
    Virginia

So if the wording on Hostage Taker is correct, it can target itself, for some infinite ETBs/draw action?

Hostage Taker 2UB
    Creature — Human Pirate (Rare)
    When Hostage Taker enters the battlefield, exile target artifact or creature until Hostage Taker leaves the battlefield. You may cast that card for as long as it remains exiled and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast that spell.
    2/1

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Reddit's thread has some translations of the cards they could decipher

The green Merfolk has Megaprowness, aka Prowness with +1/+1 counters.
    Is this what the world has come to? Now gro is called "megaprowess"?

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    Is this what the world has come to? Now gro is called "megaprowess"?
    It doesn't have a name, but that's what it for all intents and purposes is.

@Scott: Sounds like it if this is the actual wording. I wouldn't be suprised if this was another oversight of our dim R&D overlords.

Edit: Somebody on Reddit made this janky Modern combo.

Legacy has alot more creatures in form of Kobolds. There are also non-janky X creatures like Hangarback Walker or Walking Ballista.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    So if the wording on Hostage Taker is correct, it can target itself, for some infinite ETBs/draw action?

Hostage Taker 2UB
    Creature — Human Pirate (Rare)
    When Hostage Taker enters the battlefield, exile target artifact or creature until Hostage Taker leaves the battlefield. You may cast that card for as long as it remains exiled and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast that spell.
    2/1
    Yeah...if this is legit, Wizards printed a card that will always end the game in a draw if it is played on an empty board. Gonna be an errata out the gate on this one. This card is one of the few that is very in focus in the leak too, so the wording is very clear.

GG guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

@Scott: Sounds like it if this is the actual wording. I wouldn't be suprised if this was another oversight of our dim R&D overlords.
    They could reverse course on the ruling from Aligned Hedron Network to fix that problem and make the "self-exile until" a zero- or one-way trip.

Mar 2007

Hostage Taker is pretty scary with Impact Tremors.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Edit: The Banner kinda screams "ELVES", although I doubt it would have place in Legacy Elves.

Somebody also pointed out the card in the top corner is yet another fucking Jace variant, "Castaway". With Ajani showing up in Explorers, they still can't tone down the Gatewatch involvement. Goddamn it.

Edit #2: I do wonder if there are any practical applications for Arcane Adaption. Making everything uncounterable with Cavern of Souls would be a good start.
    I'm also interested in Arcane Adaptation in Elves. Ever stop to think about how much of a pain Wirewood Symbiote being an Elf is (Mirror Entity says hi)? Or how trivial it is to go infinite with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

I wouldn't be suprised if this was another oversight of our dim R&D overlords.
    Which area of WotC isn't dim now? R&D? Design? Art? Storyline? Quality control? Marketing? Online product? Secondary market? Broadcasting and e-sports? Stopping leaks?

Thread Information