Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Ixalan [XLN]

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: Ixalan [XLN]

Quote Originally Posted by LOLWut View Post
    Which area of WotC isn't dim now? R&D? Design? Art? Storyline? Quality control? Marketing? Online product? Secondary market? Broadcasting and e-sports? Stopping leaks?
    They're still experts in fucking up at every chance they get. They're a terrible company and now that they can't dickride their growth numbers anymore, they're into deep shit. That makes it so satisfying to watch their blunders.

As for combos with the Pirate, it's a human, so it could go infinite with Champion of the Parish/Thalia's Lieutenant in some kind of Human Esper build with Cavern of Souls and some quality humans, including the white Recruiter to assemble the combo.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    They're still experts in fucking up at every chance they get. They're a terrible company and now that they can't dickride their growth numbers anymore, they're into deep shit. That makes it so satisfying to watch their blunders.
    Watching Sony/MSoft console business decisions mid-2000s was similarily hilarious. The Wii Fit Balance board had a larger installed base than PS3 itself at some point :'D
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

but you won't be satisfied when the game dies.
    besides if you hate WotC so much why don't you play another game? there are so many good card games out there it isn't even funny...

Use capitalization. -zilla

As for combos with the Pirate, it's a human, so it could go infinite with Champion of the Parish/Thalia's Lieutenant in some kind of Human Esper build with Cavern of Souls and some quality humans, including the white Recruiter to assemble the combo.
    Nice. Let's throw in a Soul Warden too. I'm really hoping the language doesn't get fixed...

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by LegacyIsAnEternalFormat View Post
    but you won't be satisfied when the game dies.
    besides if you hate WotC so much why don't you play another game? there are so many good card games out there it isn't even funny...
    The game won't die that easily.

Besides, I haven't found a good alternative yet.

Edit: Back on topic:
    The new Jace has definitely a supertype. People are suspecting that it's Legendary - which makes sense, considering his ult creates two copies of him that aren't legendary.

If we dive deeper in the rabbit hole, then we might see an errata of Planeswalkers with an rules update that makes them all legendary, so they can be used as commanders for EDH. Doesn't sound too outlandish.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    So if the wording on Hostage Taker is correct, it can target itself, for some infinite ETBs/draw action?

Hostage Taker 2UB
    Creature — Human Pirate (Rare)
    When Hostage Taker enters the battlefield, exile target artifact or creature until Hostage Taker leaves the battlefield. You may cast that card for as long as it remains exiled and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any type to cast that spell.
    2/1
    Oh man. Please. Please, Wizards. Please don't screw this up by claiming you forgot to add a word or clause like you did with Marath, Will of the Wild.

LET JOHNNY RIDE THIS WAVE YOU STARTED WITH KALADESH JUST A LITTLE BIT LONGER! Pretty please?

Quote Originally Posted by Undomian View Post
    I'm pretty excited about Sorcerous Spyglass, a playable Needle in Chalice decks seems great.
    Spyglass is super good. You're playing Pithing Needle, except you're never going to be naming it blind. We've seen how powerful free information is with Git Probe, and now we have a Probe stapled to a Needle. This card is going places, and that place is my deck.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    Spyglass is super good. You're playing Pithing Needle, except you're never going to be naming it blind. We've seen how powerful free information is with Git Probe, and now we have a Probe stapled to a Needle. This card is going places, and that place is my deck.
    Except it isn't free. You pay premium for a Pithing Needle. Don't get me wrong, I like the card alot and getting around Chalice is fantasic, but it isn't going to see play just for the information alone at double the price.

There's a reason why Gitaxian Probe is heavily played/banned in multiple formats while it's instant speed counterpart Peek sees fuck all play.

Except it isn't free. You pay premium for a Pithing Needle. Don't get me wrong, I like the card alot and getting around Chalice is fantasic, but it isn't going to see play just for the information alone at double the price.

There's a reason why Gitaxian Probe is heavily played/banned in multiple formats while it's instant speed counterpart Peek sees fuck all play.
    Fair enough, but I think Peek is actually a ton more playable than people give it credit for.

Aug 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Kanti View Post
    Pay 7 to draw 7 at instant speed? Meh.

I'm pretty sure Dream Halls wants a draw 7 once its in play, and doesn't care how much it costs.

I also think its a sorcery? Couldn't read it.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasDowd View Post
    I'm pretty sure Dream Halls wants a draw 7 once its in play, and doesn't care how much it costs.

I also think its a sorcery? Couldn't read it.
    Wouldn't Conflux or Enter the Infinite just be better for that?

May 2013
    NAS Oceana

Edit #2: I do wonder if there are any practical applications for Arcane Adaption. Making everything uncounterable with Cavern of Souls would be a good start.
    Cheap casting cost rebel cards that tutors for rebel cards? :)
    Legacy: GWR Enchantress (2010-Current)
    I'm also always looking for friendly players in League of Legends IGN Dread Return, doesn't have to be competitive, just be nice and friendly.
    [S3 - Diamond, S4 - Diamond, S5 - Diamond, Current Season - Diamond] Primary role Support, Secondary MID Lane, Alternate Jungle.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    Oh man. Please. Please, Wizards. Please don't screw this up by claiming you forgot to add a word or clause like you did with Marath, Will of the Wild.

LET JOHNNY RIDE THIS WAVE YOU STARTED WITH KALADESH JUST A LITTLE BIT LONGER! Pretty please?

I suggest we call this new probe-needle card Preeble from now on

It's interesting because it hits lands. That's a huge upside over Revoker. What you lose in beatdown you gain in shutting off outs. I see this as being eaily a feasible item in Lands or D&T.

EDIT: Timmiest Combo piece ever with Stuffy Doll:

Star of Extinction
    Sorcery (M)
    Destroy target land. ~ deals 20 damage to each creatuyre and each planeswalker.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    It's interesting because it hits lands.
    So does Pithing Needle. I didn't compare it to Revoker since they do different things (blocking lands vs mana abilities).

Identified cards so far
    Explore seems like a decent mechanic - it's kinda like a pseudo-scry or can even draw cards as long as it's a land.

Tucati Honor Guard 1W
    Creature - Human Soldier
    Creatures entering the battlefield don't cause abilities to trigger.
    1/3

Torpor Orb with legs. Looks like Dreadnought got a new best friend.

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

So does Pithing Needle. I didn't compare it to Revoker since they do different things (blocking lands vs mana abilities).

Identified cards so far
    Explore seems like a decent mechanic - it's kinda like a pseudo-scry or can even draw cards as long as it's a land.

Tucati Honor Guard 1W
    Creature - Human Soldier
    Creatures entering the battlefield don't cause abilities to trigger.
    1/3

Torpor Orb with legs. Looks like Dreadnought got a new best friend.
    so hushwing gryff for 2 mana. maybe there is a fun dreadnought deck with that.
    -rob

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Sunbird's Invocation
    3R
    Enchantment (R)
    Whenever you cast a spell from your hand, reveal the top X cards of your library, where X is the spell's converted mana cost. You may cast a card revealed this way with converted mana cost X or less without paying its mana cost. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.

There must be some card - make fireblast - that this can be abused with?

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Sunbird's Invocation
    3R
    Enchantment (R)
    Whenever you cast a spell from your hand, reveal the top X cards of your library, where X is the spell's converted mana cost. You may cast a card revealed this way with converted mana cost X or less without paying its mana cost. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.

Sounds like something for Dream Halls

Sunbird's Invocation
    3R
    Enchantment (R)

Nice! Maybe a new toy for Vial Smasher the Fierce decks.

Sunbird's Invocation
    3R
    Enchantment (R)

That's a strong effect. Anything with cost reduction (Delve or Affinity) or alternative costs (Fireblast, FoW, Evoke) can do stuff with it. Good thing Gush is banned.

Keep Calm and Brainstorm
    Apr 2009
    GTA, Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    So if the wording on Hostage Taker is correct, it can target itself, for some infinite ETBs/draw action?

Hostage Taker 2UB
    Creature — Human Pirate (Rare)
    When Hostage Taker enters the battlefield, exile target artifact or creature until Hostage Taker leaves the battlefield. That card gains Stockholm Sydrome

2/1
    Fixed it.
    I am convinced that WotC is "dumbing" the game because of all the stupid posts they come across on MTG-related forums
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    13NoVa plays Force of Will from his hand.
    Finglonger plays Spell Pierce from his hand.
    [10:22:43]  13NoVa: lol
    sure
    Finglonger points from his Dack Fayden to 13NoVa's Sol Ring.
    [10:23:04]  13NoVa: lol dumb ******; nice draws with retard.dec
    stupid cocksucker
    You have been kicked out of the game.

Thread Information