Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Ixalan [XLN]

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Re: Ixalan [XLN]

Here he is making his way through the forest.

Here he is struggling on the shore of an island.

Here he is wondering how the heck he's going to get through these mountains.

Here he is peering over the plains.

And, finally (really finally, this time), here he is wading through a swamp.
    Quality writing right there.

It doesn't suprise me that their Magic storylines aren't going to have bylines anymore starting with Ixalan when your writing is so shitty that you have to hide it:

https://twitter.com/MTGAlison/status/902935084088492032

Edit: Maybe it's just the pack planeswalker, but I'm kinda worried that the new RW walker is going to have a heavy focus on dinosaurs, too. If that's the case, they have learned nothing from the second worst planeswalker of all time: Nissa, Elf Hitler

Here I Rule!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 2008
    Minneapolis MN

Did they really make a new Jace and call it "Jace, Ingenious Mind-Mage"?

Why not "Really Smart Brain-Wizard"?

Did they actually just embrace the idiocy of their storyline to the point of completely phoning it in like they have with MTGO's software or is it one of those memes that becomes self-aware and doubles down on its shittyness?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    Jacelands. FML.

Also this:

Can destory Homarids. I hate this game.
    I mean, it can also destroy fish. Putting fish in the ocean kills them. But, not man-fish.

Homarids are the least of the flavor fails here.

?
    Oct 2003
    Syracuse, NY

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post
    I mean, it can also destroy fish. Putting fish in the ocean kills them. But, not man-fish.

It also kills birds. And dragons. And, you know, any creature with flying. Because that's just too damn much to ask for a creature walking off a board on a boat, tied up or not.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

Let us not get too deep with the flavor here...

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Site Contributor

Feb 2011

I can't remember exactly where I read it, though I believe it was some post made on the mothership (too lazy to dig it up), but I'm pretty sure Wizards said that they heard the feedback from the community about too much Gatewatch and would tome it down. Something tells me they didn't quite succeed with that for this set...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Non games are not only a common sight in Legacy, they are every decks plan. [...] Playing a deck like DnT and then complaining about "Non games" is hypocritical, because non games are your plan, you just disapprove of the way someone else is trying to achieve that same goal.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by UseLess View Post
    I can't remember exactly where I read it, though I believe it was some post made on the mothership (too lazy to dig it up), but I'm pretty sure Wizards said that they heard the feedback from the community about too much Gatewatch and would tome it down. Something tells me they didn't quite succeed with that for this set...
    That was wishful thinking. People interpreted it wrong. What people want is less Gatewatch. Wizards interpretation is that they don't put the entire league of chucklefucks into one plane each time, but split them up. We'll still follow Jace, Liliana, etc., but it isn't the entire Scooby Doo gang each time.

You can bet your ass that Dominaria is going to be Dominaria-centric.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

So Jace isn't just a cornerstone in every goddamn set and on near every counter-/drawspell, but now also on BASIC LANDS?!?!
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear View Post
    So Jace isn't just a cornerstone in every goddamn set and on near every counter-/drawspell, but now also on BASIC LANDS?!?!
    I haven't even noticed that before. Holy shit, what the hell is wrong with Wizards?

Well, at least you can't have the new 'walkers as your Commanders....yet.

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Well, at least you can't have the new 'walkers as your Commanders....yet.
    I was actually suprised that they didn't go that route with the rules change, considering they even had Walker Commanders before. Maybe negative feedback?

The foil sheet was already, or very shortly after, leaked when Wizards said they'd cut back the Jacewatch. I'm guessing they'll actually do that after all 5 walkers have their own tribal sets, commander arsenals, standalone games, and Hearthstone's Next Digital Clone sets released.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximumC View Post

They could be freshwater fish!

Forget about the Homarids?!?!?!? RABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLERABBLE!!!!!!
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

Site Contributor
    Dec 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA

Jaceic lands
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    You don't get to play the most powerful cards in the format and then bitch when someone finally says no. You also don't get to bitch that it's not fun when someone finally tells you no instead of voyeuristicly watching you masturbate with Cantrips.

Just call me Dick.
    Feb 2011
    Your mom's house.

Quote Originally Posted by thecrav View Post
    Jaceic lands
    Jace-covered.

Ultimate Jacestice
    Instant

If you and target opponent each control a Jace-covered land, jerk each other off while talking about how cool and smart and handsome Jace is. The match ends in a draw.
    I think the biggest thing is the deep seeded emotional understanding that the right play is the right play regardless of outcomes. The ability to make a decision 5 straight times, lose 5 times because of it, and still make it the 6th time if it's the right play. - Jon Finkel

"Notions of chance and fate are the preoccupation of men engaged in rash undertakings."

We're now at a point, with the change to the planeswalker uniqueness rule and the introduction of these Islands, where we can build an all-Jace deck.

4 Jace's Phantasm
    4 Jace's Sentinel
    3 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy

4 Jace's Erasure
    1 Oath of Jace

4 Counterspell
    2 Negate

2 Fact or Fiction

2 Castaway's Despair
    2 Grasping Current

4 Jace, Architect of Thought
    3 Jace, Memory Adept
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Jace, Ingenious Mind-Mage

21 Island

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    I was actually suprised that they didn't go that route with the rules change, considering they even had Walker Commanders before. Maybe negative feedback?
    They aren't balanced for that, unlike the Planeswalker Commanders. Such a change would likely require banning some cards...

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Aggro_zombies View Post
    We're now at a point, with the change to the planeswalker uniqueness rule and the introduction of these Islands, where we can build an all-Jace deck.

4 Jace's Phantasm
    4 Jace's Sentinel
    3 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy

4 Jace's Erasure
    1 Oath of Jace

4 Counterspell
    2 Negate

2 Fact or Fiction

2 Castaway's Despair
    2 Grasping Current

4 Jace, Architect of Thought
    3 Jace, Memory Adept
    3 Jace, the Mind Sculptor
    1 Jace, Ingenious Mind-Mage

21 Island
    This is a thing of beauty. Now we only need one spiteful mofo to dress up like Jace and play that deck at some event for mamimum trolling.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    This is a thing of beauty. Now we only need one spiteful mofo to dress up like Jace and play that deck at some event for mamimum trolling.
    Speaking of cosplay, I'm wearing an eyepatch at the Ixalan prerelease. HAR!

I'm gonna say "Shiver your timbers!" every time I deal combat damage to my opponent

ps: no O.G. Jace aka Beleren?

Mar 2007

More quality GY hate. While it can't single-target attack GYs, it's one mana cheaper. And it still turns Tarmogoyfs into garbage. I like it.

Thread Information