Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ixalan [XLN]

Re: Ixalan [XLN]

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    They literally reprinted a banned, signature white creature as a blue creature. Artifacts and blue have a long relationship. Equipment is about as white as artifacts get. If the card said "vehicles" ok, sure. If it said "artifacts" yep, fine. The problem is "Equipment" and a variety of white cards: Relic Seeker, Stonehewer Giant, Stoneforge Mystic, Quest for the Holy Relic, etc. etc. etc.
    Literally?

I mean, they increased the cost of the creature and removed the ability to put the artifact onto the battlefield for 2 mana but hey its literally the same thing.

I mean... whats the point here? That blue should not have tutoring for equipment? It's been doing that since freaking Antiquities. That blue shouldn't have this ability on creatures? Blue has been doing that forever, too! I mean:

Arcum Dagsson
    Renowed Weaponsmith
    Thada Adel, Acquisitor
    Treasure Mage
    Trinket Mage
    Trophy Mage

I'm so confused about what you're on about.

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

I was looking at the cantrips available in Modern, and I honestly don't understand why Serum Visions and Thought Scour see play over Sleight of Hand and Peek, and Opt now that it's been reprinted for Modern as well. Like, all of those are better than Serum Visions or Thought Scour (exception for TS if you're running Delve dudes).
    Is it more likely that every single modern player and pro is incorrect in their card evaluations in how they apply to the format or you are the one who needs to reevaluate?

They literally reprinted a banned, signature white creature as a blue creature. Artifacts and blue have a long relationship. Equipment is about as white as artifacts get. If the card said "vehicles" ok, sure. If it said "artifacts" yep, fine. The problem is "Equipment" and a variety of white cards: Relic Seeker, Stonehewer Giant, Stoneforge Mystic, Quest for the Holy Relic, etc. etc. etc.
    I definitely wouldn't say "literally reprinted". This blue one will never see play in eternal formats, it literally cost the double to do only half.

In a world with Damnations, Mana Tithes, Harmless Offerings, Essence Wardens, Torchlings, Porphyry Nodes, Ghostly Prisions and many others, this pirate looks like an Avoid Fate. Just an unplayable (at least in eternal) version of a better card of other color, that everybody will forget after this block rotate (or sooner).

I really don't see the problem, all equipments and vehicles in Ixalan, until now, are from pirates, white doesn't have pirates, only blue/red/black have. Blue is the color with most identification from artifacts from those three and is the only white ally color. Its just an opinion, obviouno one need to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ReAnimator View Post
    Is it more likely that every single modern player and pro is incorrect in their card evaluations in how they apply to the format or you are the one who needs to reevaluate?
    No, it's the Meta that's wrong.

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

No, it's the Meta that's wrong.
    The perfect response. :)

Spell Pierce reprint confirmed:

Quote Originally Posted by Darkenslight View Post
    Spell Pierce reprint confirmed:
    That's a strong common.

bruizar

Quote Originally Posted by procobrito View Post
    I definitely wouldn't say "literally reprinted". This blue one will never see play in eternal formats, it literally cost the double to do only half.

In a world with Damnations, Mana Tithes, Harmless Offerings, Essence Wardens, Torchlings, Porphyry Nodes, Ghostly Prisions and many others, this pirate looks like an Avoid Fate. Just an unplayable (at least in eternal) version of a better card of other color, that everybody will forget after this block rotate (or sooner).

I really don't see the problem, all equipments and vehicles in Ixalan, until now, are from pirates, white doesn't have pirates, only blue/red/black have. Blue is the color with most identification from artifacts from those three and is the only white ally color. Its just an opinion, obviouno one need to agree.
    I do think they should have omitted Equipment. Searching for Vehicles is fine but Equipment is kind of white's thing. Not just SFM and other creatures, but also in the form of spells with Steelshaper's Gift

Hamburglar Hlelpler
    Aug 2005
    Nebraska

I mean, if they can print TNN because Blue had Protection from Beasts back in Onslaught, then who can say what precedence in Blue for a poor man's SFM will lead to. That's my grumpy old bastard talking, but it isn't like we haven't seen a strong Blue variant of a ton of archetypes where the other colors don't have nearly the same track record for diversification of archetypes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dissection View Post
    Creature type - 'Fuck you mooooooom'
    Quote Originally Posted by Secretly.A.Bee View Post
    EDIT: Tsumi, you are silly.

Land Destruction Enthusiast
    Jul 2012
    Kennesaw, GA

New 5 mana Dino makes token that dies to a true name, then can't attack himself past true name. Failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Cheese View Post
    I've been taking shitty brews and tier 2 decks to tournaments and losing with them for years now. Welcome to the club. We meet for cocktails after round 6.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevestamopz View Post
    Top quality german restraint there.

If I'm at the point where I'm rage quitting, you can bet your kransky that I'm calling everyone involved a cunt.

bruizar

That went fast. From 3 to 50 euro's for a foil invasion Opt.

UR control is going to dominate standard. I picked up 4 torrential gearhulks because I just don't see decks like Mardu Vehicles survive in the face of cards like Spell Pierce, Supreme Will, Opt and Glimmer of Genius.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Torrential gearhulk into Overflowing Insight (as Enter the Infinite 5-8 or vice versa) dumped into the graveyard with a looting effect sounds fun to play with in Modern

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Torrential gearhulk into Overflowing Insight (as Enter the Infinite 5-8 or vice versa) dumped into the graveyard with a looting effect sounds fun to play with in Modern

Gearhulk only hits instants not sorceries.

Quote Originally Posted by ReAnimator View Post
    Gearhulk only hits instants not sorceries.
    Sins of the Past and Spelltwine are modern legal. Though I doubt that Overflowing Insight is worth that kind of effort.

They aren't super playable or anything, but man I'm liking those Dinosaur's they spoiled today.
    I'm also hugely in love with the DFC lands they've been showing in this set. Just huge wins across the board in flavor, art, and even play-ability in several cases.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

My mistake on the gearhulk. But speaking about modern - just realized fighting is a great way to trigger enrage - a cheap dino plus Savage Stomp can lead to a decent removal+enrage trigger and could be a backbone of a dino deck?

In Modern you also have Dromoka's Command and Ulvenwald Tracker. Plus a ton more "target creature fights other creature" cards.

I'm assuming the blue transform land will either be Library of Alex, Tolarian Academy, or a land form of Show and Tell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I'm assuming the blue transform land will be Library of Alex, Tolarian Academy, and a land form of Show and Tell.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by procobrito View Post

I really want to test this in High Tide with Turnabout and Time Spiral, lol.
    I'm not

Thread Information