Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: [DOM] Dominaria (Spring 2018)

Re: [DOM] Dominaria (Spring 2018)

Honestly as power-creeped as creatures are anymore, it would likely need to drop the 1 off the base cost and just cost G (+3 kicker) to be a serious tournament card, and even then, it would see limited amounts of play outside of maybe a R/G aggro deck, and still probably wouldn't get playing in Modern or Legacy.

Jul 2013
    Texas

The nostalgia in this set is cool but it seems like everything costs 4+ and thus will probably have little impact on Legacy

Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    The nostalgia in this set is cool but it seems like everything costs 4+ and thus will probably have little impact on Legacy
    Oh, no, trust me, there's some real sleepers in there. I know people working on Cheeri0s in Modern with both Jhoira and Puresteel, for example. And Song of Freyalise is costed really aggressively.

The new Karn will at least see sideboard play in Big Eldrazi and/or Steel Stompy, imho.
    - 'Pathy' on MTGO
    - Eastern PA player

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Traxos, Scourge of Kroog 4
    Legendary Artifact Creature - Construct
    Trample
    Traxos, Scourge of Kroog enters the battlefield tapped and doesn't untap during your untap step.
    Whenever you cast an historic spell, untap Traxos
    7/7

The untap ability, in an artifact deck seems super easy, could even maybe have psuedo vigilance in an artifact deck. Is a 7/7 trampler for 4 worth it?

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

If u have workshop it's great. Just keep moxens you don't need in your hand as a way to untap this.

In legacy yeah no. It's a good beater but tombs decks don't want a 4 mana vanilla.

Colorless nettle sentinel makes me wary of what combo we have coming down the road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Acclimation View Post
    I about died from laughter when I was watching my feature match and the commentators called Tinfins a difficult and challenging deck.

I'm not saying it's the easiest deck to play, but the plan is so linear that I could probably get white girl wasted and still beat people with the deck.
    Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    Imagine the trauma of a man who has seen Mom into Crusader enough to mainboard three Cabal Pits.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Traxos, Scourge of Kroog 4
    Legendary Artifact Creature - Construct
    Trample
    Traxos, Scourge of Kroog enters the battlefield tapped and doesn't untap during your untap step.
    Whenever you cast an historic spell, untap Traxos
    7/7

The untap ability, in an artifact deck seems super easy, could even maybe have psuedo vigilance in an artifact deck. Is a 7/7 trampler for 4 worth it?
    Sounds super busted in vintage with Volatic Key to untap Traxos, your Time Vault as well as Crypt, Vault and shit
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Bald. Bearded. Moderator.
    Nov 2010
    Hell in a Nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    The new Karn will at least see sideboard play in Big Eldrazi and/or Steel Stompy, imho.
    Getting quite a bit of attention in the Pox crowd, definitely think it will become a 1-2 of in variants.
    Brainstorm Realist

I close my eyes and sink within myself, relive the gift of precious memories, in need of a fix called innocence. - Chuck Shuldiner

Global Moderator
    Nov 2009
    Copenhagen

happy to test this new artifact guy in some affinity builds. it seems pretty scary with a cranial plating. regular affinity needs some more must destroy cards.
    -rob

Quote Originally Posted by Gheizen64 View Post
    If u have workshop it's great. Just keep moxens you don't need in your hand as a way to untap this.

In legacy yeah no. It's a good beater but tombs decks don't want a 4 mana vanilla.
    Honestly, you definitely want a 7/7 trample to cast on turn 2 in MUD
    "You either die a Onesto-Player, or live long enough to see yourself become a Dredger"

The Kroog guy plays well with having Monolith and Key in the same deck, seems like some kind of big MUD aggro deck would be a good place for it.
    Lands, MUD, Stax, and Miracles.

May 2007
    Italy, Eternal

I think in legacy lodestone is a better card most of the time and see 0 play because casting it T2 is extremely inconsistent. This coming down T3 is nice but it dies to everything except AD. 4 mana threats need to at least protect themselves in this format to be playable imho. Reality smasher has haste, come down as fast as this with eldrazi lands if not arguably faster, and make your opponent 2-for-1 itself to remove it.

Outside of Combo I don't think this is that good in Legacy. For 4 colorless wouldn't you just always rather have Lodestone or Thought-Knot Seer?

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

The flavor text is essentially a dare

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

There's also this guy to combo with it. While it isn't on-demand, it can get around Chalice, unlike Voltaic Key:

T1 Sol Land, Grim Monolith, use Monolith to play this guy, untap Monolith Eot, go HAM on T2 with a minimum of 5 mana each turn.

Not sure if it can fit into any deck, but the filtering seems pretty nice and a 1/1 flyer for isn't too shabby, either:

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    Not sure if it can fit into any deck, but the filtering seems pretty nice and a 1/1 flyer for isn't too shabby, either:

Yea, there is a modern Cheerios deck this is going in.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

edit - /nvm/ missed the permanent type restriction

Really disappointed in the lands here. Figured they could have some kind of reference to some of the golden oldies, but.. not so much I guess.

One of the blandest sets for Land cards in years to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by morgan_coke View Post
    Really disappointed in the lands here. Figured they could have some kind of reference to some of the golden oldies, but.. not so much I guess.

One of the blandest sets for Land cards in years to be honest.
    Afaik both Cabal Stronghold and the blue land land that lets you draw 2 cards refer to such lands (Coffers & Academy).

Thread Information