Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [DOM] Dominaria (Spring 2018)

Jul 2013
    Texas

Re: [DOM] Dominaria (Spring 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Probably not good enough, because 4 mana is a lot, especially with Salvagers in the deck already, but this could be interesting to at least try in something like BW Bomberman with Mentors, as a backup plan, by allowing your Baubles to get back Mentor/Confidants and restock on resources.

It's almost as if we could have seen that coming...
    You were also right about the Vizier of the Menagerie topdeck-peek getting more popular -- there's another in this set.

Quote Originally Posted by Barook View Post
    At least SDT is banned to prevent more stupid shit with double SDT.

@Teshar, Ancestor's Apostle:

I know it's alot of cards and thus most likely not viable, but it + Junk Diver + mana artifact that puts itself into the GY (even Walking Ballista should work for the extra value outside of the combo) + sac out wincon would work.

Good luck assembling the whole thing and getting creatures back through DRS, though.
    There is also Myr retriever!
    “Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Hymn-Slinging Mod
    Sep 2008
    The U-easy-anna

Quote Originally Posted by maharis View Post
    You were also right about the Vizier of the Menagerie topdeck-peek getting more popular -- there's another in this set.
    I didn't even remember saying that, but it seems I did.

I mean, it's easy for us to say that Wizards is clueless, because sometimes it sure seems they are. And, proof positive, they have made some poor decisions in regards to Standard, that is for certain (and maybe Vintage, or maybe it was inevitable) On the other hand, they do have a good deal of information we simply can't and won't ever have, or at least, not have until much later. It's tough, but perhaps there is still a baby in that bathwater. It remains to be seen how the Jace & Bloodbraid moves workout for Modern, but all things considered, I think Legacy might have gotten the best treatment, with respect to the B&R of any format, at least lately.
    "The Ancients teach us that if we can but last, we shall prevail."
    Kaysa, Elder Druid of the Juniper Order

Mar 2007
    Germany, Germering, Munich

Rules question about Leyline of Singularity:

Does it cause historic cast abilities to trigger? I assume not, as the cards should become legendary only once they hit the battlefield as far as I understand it.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by H View Post
    Probably not good enough, because 4 mana is a lot, especially with Salvagers in the deck already, but this could be interesting to at least try in something like BW Bomberman with Mentors, as a backup plan, by allowing your Baubles to get back Mentor/Confidants and restock on resources.
    That sounds like a good starting point if any valuable cards with the mechanic are printed. Salvager + LED + Johira draws your deck. I originally asked because of Affinity shenanigans to get value out of lategame Moxen & Co
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

It's not easy being green

Jul 2010

Does it cause historic cast abilities to trigger? I assume not, as the cards should become legendary only once they hit the battlefield as far as I understand it.
    Nope, would have to say "all cards" or something like that for cast abilities to work. Historic ETB ought to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemnear
    (On Innistrad)
    Yeah, an insanely powerful block which put the "derp!" factor in Legacy completely over the top.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

Not what you asked, but I believe LoSingularity spiked because it lets you cast the 'legendary' sorceries.
    Last edited by Ace/Homebrew; 03-17-2018 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Correcting auto-correct

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Ignition View Post
    I'm just glad they went with "a historic" instead of "an historic." I'm not sure why, but an historic really bugs me...
    Why would they go with "an historic"? It's not even grammatically correct.

The green Ancestral
    Mar 2010
    Seattle, WA

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Seth View Post
    Why would they go with "an historic"? It's not even grammatically correct.
    British English vs. American English. In British English, the H is silent. Thankfully, this game uses American English. I, too, shudder at "an historic."

Oct 2005
    Toronto Canada

This might be worth some slots for Eldrazi Stompy and the like:

Zhalfiran Void
    Uncommon
    Land
    When Zhalfiran Void enters the battlefield, Scry 1.
    t: Add C

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by ReAnimator View Post
    This might be worth some slots for Eldrazi Stompy and the like:

Zhalfiran Void
    Uncommon
    Land
    When Zhalfiran Void enters the battlefield, Scry 1.
    t: Add C
    I would rather run more Wasteland/Field of Ruin + Wastes or Manlands over this in the utility land slot.

Some dipshit of a Moderator.
    Mar 2013
    A Tabernacle in some random Valley.

Maybe? Scry one is not really better than anything we would already run in Stompy.
    It is better to ask and look stupid then keep your mouth shut and remain so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spam View Post
    Do not make fun of lands masters, they've spent many years mastering the punishing fire technique in the secret loam monastery. Do not mistake them with the miracles masters, eternal rivals, they won't like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    I hope your afterlife is filled with eternal torment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dice_Box View Post
    Fuck. Which one of my quotes do I drop for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthVicious View Post
    Something about how fun it is pulling the wings off flies and microwaving the neighbors cat?

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

Zahid, Djinn of the Lamp 4UU
    Legendary Creature - Djinn
    Flying
    You can pay 3U and tap an artifact you control instead of paying the mana cost of this spell.
    5/6

I mean . . . isn't this really east to cast for 3U? Especially in stompy builds with Chalice's and Trinisphere?

Mar 2007

Quote Originally Posted by Cire View Post
    Zahid, Djinn of the Lamp 4UU
    Legendary Creature - Djinn
    Flying
    You can pay 3U and tap an artifact you control instead of paying the mana cost of this spell.
    5/6

I mean . . . isn't this really east to cast for 3U? Especially in stompy builds with Chalice's and Trinisphere?
    It is, although tapping down your 3sphere is counterproductive. Equipment is another prime candidate of being tapped down and not giving a fuck.

Also, how does it work as your commander, considering WotC is trying to push Standard Commander as a format now (called "Brawl")? That kinda explains the legend-heavy set theme, though.

Edit: So this is the new frame for legendary creatures:

If it's similiar to this for all colors, that's rather disappointing.

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
    Nov 2011
    BEST JERSEY

So this is the new frame for legendary creatures:

If it's similiar to this for all colors, that's rather disappointing.
    Well poop. I was hoping it would be subtle yet pleasant like the Miracle card frame or the Theros enchantment card frame.
    This card frame on the other hand is neither. GET A HAIRCUT YOU DAMN CARD FRAME HIPPIE
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhale View Post
    Gross, other formats. I puked in my mouth a little.

Greatness awaits!
    Oct 2010
    Berlin, Germany

I am still underwhelmed by the "planeswalker spellbook" frames i saw yesterday and in shock because of the "historic" nonsense layout. Today i have to see "legend frames" too.

This is going overboard. I get special boarders for mechanical matters as an indicator (like Miracle), but for Legends & such is meh.
    www.theepicstorm.com - Your Source for The Epic Storm - Articles, Reports, Decktech and more!

Join us at Facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by Echelon View Post
    Lemnear sounds harsh at times, but he means well. Or to destroy, but that's when he starts rapping.

Architect by day, rapstar by night. He's pretty much the German Hannah Montana. Sometimes he even comes in like a wrecking ball.

Sushi or Meat and Eggs
    Apr 2007

It is, although tapping down your 3sphere is counterproductive. Equipment is another prime candidate of being tapped down and not giving a fuck.
    Ha. . . . oops

Mar 2007

A shame she isn't a Soldier for Soldier Stompy. That said, I like the card - the mana cost is easy on the white count, good balance between offence and defense, lifegain out of the wazoo, great equipment carrier, enables shenanigans (Jitte card + equip for 3 mana, Sword cast + equip or Batterskull hardcast for 4 mana), fetchable with Recruiter and can be defended with Karakas. Competition is tough in D&T, though, and the question is if all of this is worth it over other 3-drops, especially Mirran Crusader.

plays Mountains
    Mar 2011
    Philadelphia Area

She'll be a voltron commander in Brawl

Force of Will is my bitch
    Sep 2004
    South Florida

I wonder if that Zhalfiran void land could be useful in Dragon. I don’t recall what the holdup has been for that combo. But I betcha it is one of those that are waiting in the wings for the right card to come along.
    "Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."
    "Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason."
    "Governing is too important to be left to people as silly as politicians."
    "Politicians were mostly people who'd had too little morals and ethics to stay lawyers."

Thread Information